ImageImageImageImageImage

Porzingis thread #4: The KP era is upon us

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Wolfgang630
RealGM
And1: 16,122

Re: Porzingis thread #4: The KP era is upon us 

Post#401 » by Wolfgang630 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:10 pm

K P 6 wrote:Tbh him coming out saying he doesn't want to play center is screwing us because Beasley is prob our best fit at the 4.

We stuck with another I don't wanna play that position chit again. You gon play where you play. Same chit Melo did, it's not what you like it's what's best.

Capela is not some huge dude but he's the 5 on the Rockets end of story.

Beasley isn't some long term player here. Nobody cares where he fits. Plus we have like 20 guys who play the 5. We need to worry about the long term players. It's a tank year.
Knicks Byke
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,219

Post#402 » by Knicks Byke » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:14 pm

KP seeming more and more uncoachable?
DOLPHIN2020
Veteran
And1: 1,138

Re: RE: Re: Porzingis thread #4: The KP era is upon us 

Post#403 » by DOLPHIN2020 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:15 pm

FKF wrote:
Marty McFly wrote:
FKF wrote:
The professionals wanted to trade him to Boston and got fired for that by the dummy billionaire who treats the unicorn as he’s the new coming of Kareem Abdul Jabbar. :noway:
KP’s not even been an all star yet, and he’s already coaching defense in the media early October
He’ll get the coaching staff fired by Christmas while he will still be leaving undersized forwards blow by him.

what a bunch of horse ****.

stop with the fake news. the" professionals" got fired for being incompetent. attempting to pin it on him is just looking for another reason to bitch about with regard to him.

as for your second point, what are you even trying to say? he needs to be an all star before he starts talking defense up, before a season starts?

What I’m saying is good luck in developing a guy who didn’t show up to an exit meeting and who played EuroBasket despite legs issues without his management approval. And who speaks to the media the way he wants. He did get the president fired and is now the number one guy.

Next, he’ll run the coaches out of town, which I’m not sure it’s a bad thing, But would he play better under Blatt ?
He’s going to command $150m like Embib despite he’s not proved anything at the elite level. Porzingis, to me, has developed the same habits than Melo, and that doesn’t look good. He’s trying to sell his legacy with highlights, but his game lacks substance and IQ. At the end of the day, he doesn’t stop people, he doesn’t rebound well, he doesn’t outscore people either. In Brooklyn, he wasn’t shooting over the defender despite being 7’3 and struggled to elevate his body. Hahn was right. Minus 20 really ?? In 16 minutes ??
The other home night, when Frank was doing a better job feeding him, he was clanking wide open jumpers.

I’m just worried. He stated he’ll be an all star this year, but thus far, I don’t see it. The NBA will present a much bigger physicality to you than FIBA. I don’t see him adjusting.

I am getting tired of the KP diva attitude (well trained by Welo). please show that you can lead the team before showing this crap attitude. thus far you have shown potential but done jack doodoo. just put your head down and get to serious work.
Jellybeans
Starter
And1: 2,304

Post#404 » by Jellybeans » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:19 pm

Dear god..Reading this shiet makes me sick...Talking some bullshiet again about diva and exit meetings..
I hope he leaves this shiet club in two years,and all of you can suck it...
Listens to some dumb wallys and hans...
What attitude?........
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,037

Post#405 » by robillionaire » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:07 pm

Knicks Byke wrote:KP seeming more and more uncoachable?

Well it's either that or maybe he'd be more coachable by a coach who doesn't suck.

Not sure which
Johnny Firpo
RealGM
And1: 8,669

Post#406 » by Johnny Firpo » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:08 pm

KP should play center on defense, and PF on offense. I don't understand what's the problem. Best of both worlds for his skillset.
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,594

Post#407 » by El Poochio » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:22 pm

Johnny Firpo wrote:KP should play center on defense, and PF on offense. I don't understand what's the problem. Best of both worlds for his skillset.

Playing him at 4 for now is fine for development purposes so that he can work on those offensive skills easier with someone else alongside him focused more on doing the 5 grind, but his future definitely lies in 5 as the ultimate matchup nightmare when he gets stronger just gotta find him a rebounding perimeter defending forward pair

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
JXL
General Manager
And1: 8,401

Post#408 » by JXL » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:23 pm

Knicks Byke wrote:KP seeming more and more uncoachable?

No, just this coach doesn't know how to coach him effectively. The Latvia coach used KP more better than Hornacek, maybe we should hire him.
BIRD UP!
#OGKENOBI

Follow me on X: @sirJXL
PeoplesChamp
Bench Warmer
And1: 943

Post#409 » by PeoplesChamp » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:59 pm

What's a 5 these days anyway? It's not like Shaq, Olajuwon & Ewing are running around.

If Draymond Green is out there playing center, KP can't match up with him?

Really, there are only 3 positions in today's game. Backcourt, frontcourt & PG.
April madness
Senior
And1: 404

Post#410 » by April madness » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:05 pm

Johnny Firpo wrote:KP should play center on defense, and PF on offense. I don't understand what's the problem. Best of both worlds for his skillset.

The only problem he has against powerful centers is that he gets a lot of fouls. Playing at the Eurobasket showed he still had that, he got fouled out while fighting against strong serbian centers and Mozgov. Well, most of that is that he still needs to learn how to not foul... But playing C on defense even magnifies this problem. I do hope he improves on that, and eventually he will play C on defense.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,703

Post#411 » by F N 11 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:16 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
K P 6 wrote:Tbh him coming out saying he doesn't want to play center is screwing us because Beasley is prob our best fit at the 4.

We stuck with another I don't wanna play that position chit again. You gon play where you play. Same chit Melo did, it's not what you like it's what's best.

Him saying he doesn't want to play 5 is meaningless because that's where we have a major glut of players. Also, who cares if Beasley is our best fit at 4? This is a rebuilding year, not a go for a meaningless 8th seed year...

Agree but defensively its not a good look lol. We have a bunch of big guys trying to guard the perimeter. I dont wanna see KP tryna guard Crowder my gawd. tough to watch. If nothing matters Frank and Willy should be starting with Dotson. However we know thats not the case. They want to be competitive. Its a tank year for us, not them.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
MartinsLusis
Senior
And1: 544

Post#412 » by MartinsLusis » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:45 pm

Greenie wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Greenie wrote:He does.

Watch our offense.

PG brings the ball up and runs a strong side P&R. If nothing is there the ball swings to the weak side and we free style(iso). There aren’t enough pin downs and curls and backdoor cuts in his offsense.

Jeff isn’t a good coach. Add his lack of offensive creativity to the fact he has no clue how to put a defensive scheme together and this is what you get.

This year is even worse. He doesn’t have Rose slashing and driving or Melo bailing his dumb ass offense out in iso.

No one to blame now. **** just got real.

You've probably seen my posts. It's the dullest offense ever. Here comes the half ass pick for the point guard.....and that's it. Oh, sometimes they take 10 seconds for someone to establish post position, he gets the ball, gets doubled and forces a shot or swings to someone who is covered too.

This sh*t makes JVG look like Don Nelson.

Yep.
His offense is garbage.

I refuse to blame a single player for this ****. KP, just like Melo isn’t calling this garbage offense.

KP actually admitted this to a fellow teammate on the Latvia NT this summer. The teammate said that he talked to both KP and Bertans (playing from Spurs) about different offensive sets and Bertans replied that they are running similar motion offense sets on the Spurs while KP replied that the Knicks aren't really running any offensive sets, just 1 on 1 offense most of the time.

I may not be 100% accurate but he definitely said something in the likes of that, It will just be hard for me to find the quote now. Anyway, that proves the point Greenie has been trying to tell.
April madness
Senior
And1: 404

Post#413 » by April madness » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:25 pm

MartinsLusis wrote:
Greenie wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
You've probably seen my posts. It's the dullest offense ever. Here comes the half ass pick for the point guard.....and that's it. Oh, sometimes they take 10 seconds for someone to establish post position, he gets the ball, gets doubled and forces a shot or swings to someone who is covered too.

This sh*t makes JVG look like Don Nelson.

Yep.
His offense is garbage.

I refuse to blame a single player for this ****. KP, just like Melo isn’t calling this garbage offense.

KP actually admitted this to a fellow teammate on the Latvia NT this summer. The teammate said that he talked to both KP and Bertans (playing from Spurs) about different offensive sets and Bertans replied that they are running similar motion offense sets on the Spurs while KP replied that the Knicks aren't really running any offensive sets, just 1 on 1 offense most of the time.

I may not be 100% accurate but he definitely said something in the likes of that, It will just be hard for me to find the quote now. Anyway, that proves the point Greenie has been trying to tell.

Yes, I know which interview you mean. When I was reading it, I could picture KP saying that half-jokingly, half serious. And i bet that joke had 99.9% of truth in it..
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#414 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:01 pm

K P 6 wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:

Him saying he doesn't want to play 5 is meaningless because that's where we have a major glut of players. Also, who cares if Beasley is our best fit at 4? This is a rebuilding year, not a go for a meaningless 8th seed year...

Agree but defensively its not a good look lol. We have a bunch of big guys trying to guard the perimeter. I dont wanna see KP tryna guard Crowder my gawd. tough to watch. If nothing matters Frank and Willy should be starting with Dotson. However we know thats not the case. They want to be competitive. Its a tank year for us, not them.

It's a tank year for everyone. Obviously the players are going to play hard and try to win, but this team is going nowhere. I'm sure KP will find some time to play at the 5, but given the roster makeup the majority of his time will be at the 4. I also think Frank ends up starting by Thanksgiving and, after moving Lee, Dotson does as well next to Willy.
Kurt Rambis
Senior
And1: 483

Post#415 » by Kurt Rambis » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:12 pm

Another problem being 5, the more he wrestles with bigger tougher guys, the more he'll brick shots because he'll be dead tired.

He needs to learn angles & measuring up smaller players that's all. He can be center later in his career.

Get this man a big man coach how to play 7'3 both sides of the floor. He can work on crossover in his free time with bros.
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,000

Post#416 » by Pharmcat » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:16 pm

trade him to BOS before he becomes toxic. He clearly is not wanting to be a team player here and thinks he can say/do whatever he wants
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#417 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:18 pm

Pharmcat wrote:trade him to BOS before he becomes toxic. He clearly is not wanting to be a team player here and thinks he can say/do whatever he wants

:roll: Back to the old trolling ways, eh Pharm?
Kurt Rambis
Senior
And1: 483

Post#418 » by Kurt Rambis » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:21 pm

Trade him to Thunder for Melo.

ChaosHamster
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,864

Post#419 » by ChaosHamster » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:42 pm

Him and Jeff need to figure it out how hes gonna play against smaller/faster 4 offensively.

We saw that he can take the slower ones off the dribble (Acy), and overall looks more comfortable against them.

But if he is guarded by guys like RHJ, he can't blow past them, he can't get open on cuts because faster guys can just fallow him through screens.

Theoretically his two advantages should be strength and length:

He definitely looks stronger this year. He was pressing guys under the rim a couple of times, so hopefully he will be getting ball closer to the basket more often this year.

There is always option to just shoot over people if you have ~5 inch advantage. :D But again, strength comes in play. You need to be closer to the basket to make those shots more efficient..
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,915

Post#420 » by blueNorange » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:22 pm

because if willy is already a horrendous defender at the 5, at the 4 he'll probably retire due to total embarrassment.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.

Return to New York Knicks