ImageImageImageImageImage

Porzingis thread #4: The KP era is upon us

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,995

Re: Porzingis thread #4: The KP era is upon us 

Post#501 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:47 pm

Sark wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Sark wrote:So if KP puts up 22/9/2, should we keep him?

ya
i would be disappointed if he plays the exact same from last season, or very little improvement

Well you just decided to trade Year 3 Dirk Nowitzki. Hope you get something good back.

?????
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,995

Post#502 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:48 pm

Greenie wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Sark wrote:So if KP puts up 22/9/2, should we keep him?

ya
i would be disappointed if he plays the exact same from last season, or very little improvement

STATS are not everything.

If KP plays better defensively and shows a different attitude I’m not trading him even if his “numbers” drop.

Is he an Alpha? I said no. I want him to prove me wrong. Is he a punk? I say no. I want him to prove me right.

With the way this board fawns over kid you would think he’s proven something when in fact he hasn’t done a damn thing. This is his team now. No Melo “holding him back” or Phil shoving the triangle down his throat. He needs to show up and show out. So far he’s been underwhelming as a lead guy(yeah, I’m counting that **** pre-season). Let’s get it together KP. I want my Porzi back(rookie year).

i was just making an assumption he's improved with those stats. but I agree with everything u said
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Carl_Karlson
Head Coach
And1: 3,030

Post#503 » by Carl_Karlson » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:50 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:So if we don't see marked improvement from KP this year, should we listen to offers?

probably

What do you consider marked improvement??

WTF Post of 2017:

If Phil pulled that off, I would put a put a paper bag over my head, paste a picture of Jeannie on it, poke a hole through the mouth, and give Phil the best BJ he's ever had in his entire life.[/quote]
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,921

Post#504 » by Capn'O » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:09 am

Thugger HBC wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:So if we don't see marked improvement from KP this year, should we listen to offers?

I would expect the FO to listen to offers regardless, but I do think KP will show a measure of improvement. A regression would not be good for him or the team.

Unless we're blown away by an offer, I would lean towards building with what we have.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#505 » by Thugger HBC » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:11 am

Capn'O wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:

I would expect the FO to listen to offers regardless, but I do think KP will show a measure of improvement. A regression would not be good for him or the team.

Unless we're blown away by an offer, I would lean towards building with what we have.

Most definitely. But listen to the offers.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 127,640

Post#506 » by god shammgod » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:15 am

TheGreenArrow wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

probably

What do you consider marked improvement??

that's hard to say. to me it's less about stats and about how often he can makes his presence felt on offense. a lot of times he's just floating for whole games and barely making an impact. can he be consistent for a whole year or will he run out of gas half way through the year again ? it also depends what you could actually get for him. the kind of trade you would want to make would be hard to find. you'd want ideally multiple low first round picks. but if there are enough questions at the end of the year then you should probably listen.
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,801

Post#507 » by Fat » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:16 am

i just want to see him be aggressive even if he's not physically strong enough you can still be aggressive and want the ball.
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
Wolfgang630
RealGM
And1: 16,958

Post#508 » by Wolfgang630 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:46 am

Stats aren't everything. We just need to see the first option mentality and CONSISTENCY.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,989

Post#509 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:27 am

Thugger HBC wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:I would expect the FO to listen to offers regardless, but I do think KP will show a measure of improvement. A regression would not be good for him or the team.

Quietly though. :lol:
EchelonNYK
RealGM
And1: 6,660

Post#510 » by EchelonNYK » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:49 am

MrOrange
Senior
And1: 417

Post#511 » by MrOrange » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:10 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

Quietly though. :lol:

Oh, guys, build on what you have, don't build dream palaces of what you MIGHT have. You never know. Look what happened last night in Boston. One bad landing and...
Billy Goat
Analyst
And1: 1,616

Post#512 » by Billy Goat » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:54 pm

The efficiency needs to improve(stop with the long two's off the dribble), he needs to rebound better/get tougher and he needs to stay out of foul trouble. And obviously stay healthy. A lot if if's for someone that seems to think he's arrived already. We'll see...
KnickLeDime
Bench Warmer
And1: 958

Post#513 » by KnickLeDime » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:09 pm

TankCommander17 wrote:He needs to show flashes. It will be a tough season getting adjusted to being the guy and the criticism that comes with that.

Days of showing flashes are over...he needs to be consistently involved. As others have said, first to years he went long stretches where you'd be hard pressed to even notice him. Flashes are over with at this point.
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#514 » by King of Canada » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:20 pm

KnickLeDime wrote:
TankCommander17 wrote:He needs to show flashes. It will be a tough season getting adjusted to being the guy and the criticism that comes with that.

Days of showing flashes are over...he needs to be consistently involved. As others have said, first to years he went long stretches where you'd be hard pressed to even notice him. Flashes are over with at this point.

The worst thing is that he's still surrounded by a bunch of bums. Whatever goes down this year it's probably a fact that if he was on a competitive team he'd be an all star. How much does being on a garbage team hurt him? I know that he should still show up, but at the same time if we don't have a pg that can hit a cutter properly it's hard to measure what we have. I'm hoping that regardless of the team he's an all star. He sure as hell looked like it early last year.
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
TankCommander17
Bench Warmer
And1: 665

Post#515 » by TankCommander17 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:23 pm

EchelonNYK wrote:Image

Not one game played and everyone is already envisioning taking offers for KP.
Don't ever change realgm knocks board.
EchelonNYK
RealGM
And1: 6,660

Post#516 » by EchelonNYK » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:29 pm

You're going to last long around these parts.
Wolfgang630
RealGM

Post#517 » by Wolfgang630 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:19 pm

KP talks like a leader. He just has to act like it on the court. That's all I really need to see. I understand if he needs to work on his offensive game in the summer.
MrOrange
Senior
And1: 417

Post#518 » by MrOrange » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:23 pm

Wolfgang630 wrote:KP talks like a leader. He just has to act like it on the court. That's all I really need to see. I understand if he needs to work on his offensive game in the summer.

If the team plays cuts, he'll flourish. Why on Earth cut and slash basket is not utilized sometimes? It is an effective weapon and suited for KP among many more things.
Wolfgang630
RealGM

Post#519 » by Wolfgang630 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:24 pm

MrOrange wrote:
Wolfgang630 wrote:KP talks like a leader. He just has to act like it on the court. That's all I really need to see. I understand if he needs to work on his offensive game in the summer.

If the team plays cuts, he'll flourish. Why on Earth cut and slash basket is not utilized sometimes? It is an effective weapon and suited for KP among many more things.

Well we do have a garbage coach and that's a big reason why we can't put too much blame on the players. I hope Perry gets us a good coach.
rajajackal
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,441

Post#520 » by rajajackal » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:13 pm

Wolfgang630 wrote:
MrOrange wrote:

Well we do have a garbage coach and that's a big reason why we can't put too much blame on the players. I hope Perry gets us a good coach.

we're tanking one more year and then developing under david blatt (years as a knick fan just generates this gut feeling)

Return to New York Knicks