ImageImageImageImageImage

FuboTV launching MSG Networks, first OTT service to offer cable-free option

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

power12
Freshman
And1: 47

FuboTV launching MSG Networks, first OTT service to offer cable-free option 

Post#1 » by power12 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:15 pm

http://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2017/09/26/1132828/0/en/fuboTV-to-Launch-MSG-Networks.html

NEW YORK, Sept. 26, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- fuboTV today announced a multi-year agreement with MSG Networks (NYSE:MSGN) and will become the first live streaming OTT service to launch the company’s iconic regional sports networks (RSNs) – MSG and MSG+. Timed to the new NBA and NHL seasons, fuboTV will make the networks available to subscribers of “Fubo Premier” – its base package of 65-plus channels – in the coming days.

fuboTV will carry the MSG Networks throughout their regional footprint, including the greater New York City metro area and all of New York State. fuboTV subscribers in the region will have access to MSG Networks’ exclusive live coverage of 10 New York-area pro sports teams – the New York Knicks; New York Rangers; New York Islanders; New Jersey Devils; Buffalo Sabres; New York Liberty; New York Red Bulls and the Westchester Knicks – in addition to in-depth team coverage of the New York Giants and Buffalo Bills. Combined, the award-winning MSG and MSG+ networks annually deliver approximately 500 live professional games, a comprehensive line-up of other sporting events and critically acclaimed original programming.

Fubo Premier, including MSG Networks’ sports programming following launch, will be available to new subscribers in New York at $19.99 for the first two months, and $44.99 thereafter. Coming soon, subscribers will be able to use a fuboTV login and password to access MSG Networks programming via the MSG GO website and mobile application.

“MSG Networks is pleased to extend our OTT network of partners with fuboTV, making MSG, MSG+ and MSG Go available to fuboTV’s subscribers throughout MSG Networks’ footprint,” said Adam Levine, executive vice president of distribution and business affairs, MSG Networks. “MSG Networks’ lineup of Emmy award-winning programming, including our unparalleled coverage of live, local professional sporting events, will be available to our fans in more ways than ever.”

The leading sports-first live-streaming TV service, fuboTV offers the world’s most popular sports, news and entertainment content. The service brings subscribers access to local stations, RSNs, and national and international networks via desktop computers and most mobile, tablet and Internet-connected devices.

“New York fans are passionate about their favorite teams, and fuboTV will make it easier than ever to catch every game on MSG and MSG+, just in time for the new NBA and NHL seasons,” said Ben Grad, fuboTV head of North American content strategy & acquisition. “With MSG Networks on Fubo Premier, fans will be able to follow their teams – at home or on the go, across devices and screens.”

More information on fuboTV, including a channel line-up and pricing options, is available at fubo.tv/welcome/channels. For a list of networks, sorted by sports they carry, see this chart.

About fuboTV
fuboTV is a sports-first streaming TV service that brings subscribers over-the-top (OTT) access to the sports for the least money. This includes a growing line-up of national channels, local broadcasters and regional sports networks (RSNs) that hold rights to the most popular sports in the world. Officially launched in January 2015 as a streaming soccer service, fuboTV has evolved into one of the leading virtual MVPDs in the U.S. Its entry-level Fubo Premier bundle offers more than 65 channels, including up to 37 that carry sports, and brings customers access to popular entertainment, news and information content that complements the core sports offering, including more than 10,000 titles available on-demand. It is available on desktop or mobile web via www.fubo.tv; on Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick; Android and iOS devices; Apple TV; Chromecast; Kindle Fire; Roku; and through T-Mobile’s Binge On.

The company has raised a total of $75.6 million in funding to date, including a $55 million Series C round that closed in June 2017, led by Northzone, and including 21st Century Fox, Sky and Scripps Networks Interactive. Investors also include DCM Ventures, i2bf, Luminari Capital, LionTree Partners, Univision Communications Inc., Edgar Bronfman, Jr. (former Chairman and CEO of Warner Music Group), Chris Silbermann (founding partner, ICM Partners) and former NBA Commissioner David Stern.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,916

Re: FuboTV launching MSG Networks, first OTT service to offer cable-free option 

Post#2 » by GONYK » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:31 pm

So this is just for people already in NY?
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#3 » by MaseInYourFace » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:46 pm

Sounds pricey though
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#4 » by King of Canada » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:53 pm

Even if it was US wide wouldn’t be able to get it in Canada
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,435

Post#5 » by god shammgod » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:55 pm

GONYK wrote:So this is just for people already in NY?

i imagine the nba prohibits regional sports networks from selling their product to people outside the region. half the people who buy the nba package are transplants in another state. as this is on the internet though you could always use a proxy.
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#6 » by NoLayupRule » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:56 pm

who's down with OTT?
NYKBaller
General Manager
And1: 241

Post#7 » by NYKBaller » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:13 pm

So I’m in Los Angeles and want to watch knicks games. Do I get this or buy league pass?
Follow me at @CTthatdude & watch www.youtube.com/CTthatdude
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,042

Post#8 » by robillionaire » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:20 pm

44.99 a month good lord hard pass
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,204

Post#9 » by seren » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:30 am

I went to their website and it says 34.99 after two months. They don't show MSG yet though. I wonder which price is correct. I would get it if they had ESPN and TNT. I am paying 20 bucks to Sling TV to get those two. Maybe I will try the first two months and see where the team goes.

Sent from my XT1575 using RealGM mobile app
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#10 » by magnumt » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:33 am

power12 wrote:http://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2017/09/26/1132828/0/en/fuboTV-to-Launch-MSG-Networks.html

NEW YORK, Sept. 26, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- fuboTV today announced a multi-year agreement with MSG Networks (NYSE:MSGN) and will become the first live streaming OTT service to launch the company’s iconic regional sports networks (RSNs) – MSG and MSG+. Timed to the new NBA and NHL seasons, fuboTV will make the networks available to subscribers of “Fubo Premier” – its base package of 65-plus channels – in the coming days.

fuboTV will carry the MSG Networks throughout their regional footprint, including the greater New York City metro area and all of New York State. fuboTV subscribers in the region will have access to MSG Networks’ exclusive live coverage of 10 New York-area pro sports teams – the New York Knicks; New York Rangers; New York Islanders; New Jersey Devils; Buffalo Sabres; New York Liberty; New York Red Bulls and the Westchester Knicks – in addition to in-depth team coverage of the New York Giants and Buffalo Bills. Combined, the award-winning MSG and MSG+ networks annually deliver approximately 500 live professional games, a comprehensive line-up of other sporting events and critically acclaimed original programming.

Fubo Premier, including MSG Networks’ sports programming following launch, will be available to new subscribers in New York at $19.99 for the first two months, and $44.99 thereafter. Coming soon, subscribers will be able to use a fuboTV login and password to access MSG Networks programming via the MSG GO website and mobile application.

“MSG Networks is pleased to extend our OTT network of partners with fuboTV, making MSG, MSG+ and MSG Go available to fuboTV’s subscribers throughout MSG Networks’ footprint,” said Adam Levine, executive vice president of distribution and business affairs, MSG Networks. “MSG Networks’ lineup of Emmy award-winning programming, including our unparalleled coverage of live, local professional sporting events, will be available to our fans in more ways than ever.”

The leading sports-first live-streaming TV service, fuboTV offers the world’s most popular sports, news and entertainment content. The service brings subscribers access to local stations, RSNs, and national and international networks via desktop computers and most mobile, tablet and Internet-connected devices.

“New York fans are passionate about their favorite teams, and fuboTV will make it easier than ever to catch every game on MSG and MSG+, just in time for the new NBA and NHL seasons,” said Ben Grad, fuboTV head of North American content strategy & acquisition. “With MSG Networks on Fubo Premier, fans will be able to follow their teams – at home or on the go, across devices and screens.”

More information on fuboTV, including a channel line-up and pricing options, is available at fubo.tv/welcome/channels. For a list of networks, sorted by sports they carry, see this chart.

About fuboTV
fuboTV is a sports-first streaming TV service that brings subscribers over-the-top (OTT) access to the sports for the least money. This includes a growing line-up of national channels, local broadcasters and regional sports networks (RSNs) that hold rights to the most popular sports in the world. Officially launched in January 2015 as a streaming soccer service, fuboTV has evolved into one of the leading virtual MVPDs in the U.S. Its entry-level Fubo Premier bundle offers more than 65 channels, including up to 37 that carry sports, and brings customers access to popular entertainment, news and information content that complements the core sports offering, including more than 10,000 titles available on-demand. It is available on desktop or mobile web via www.fubo.tv; on Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick; Android and iOS devices; Apple TV; Chromecast; Kindle Fire; Roku; and through T-Mobile’s Binge On.

The company has raised a total of $75.6 million in funding to date, including a $55 million Series C round that closed in June 2017, led by Northzone, and including 21st Century Fox, Sky and Scripps Networks Interactive. Investors also include DCM Ventures, i2bf, Luminari Capital, LionTree Partners, Univision Communications Inc., Edgar Bronfman, Jr. (former Chairman and CEO of Warner Music Group), Chris Silbermann (founding partner, ICM Partners) and former NBA Commissioner David Stern.

--Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#11 » by magnumt » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:34 am

King of Canada wrote:Even if it was US wide wouldn’t be able to get it in Canada

You get blacked out for League Pass?

BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
Knick4Real
General Manager
And1: 7,425

Post#12 » by Knick4Real » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:59 am

I recently cut the cable and was just today looking at options to watch KNICKS games, since I no longer have MSG. However, this FuboTV is TOO DAMN HIGH!!

As of now, I think the only real option for guys like me is to get NBA League Pass with a VPN.

Anyone else have suggestions??
BernardKing
Junior
And1: 64

Post#13 » by BernardKing » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:44 am

Do you have to watch the games live with this? Or can you watch them after the fact. I like to DVR games...
"I firmly believe that respect is a lot more important, and a lot greater, than popularity." - Julius Erving
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#14 » by King of Canada » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:49 pm

magnumt wrote:
King of Canada wrote:Even if it was US wide wouldn’t be able to get it in Canada

You get blacked out for League Pass?

I have league pass with the usual black outs for nationally televised games (NBATV, ABC, TNT, ESPN) as well as Raps games. Luckily I signed up for cable again a couple of years ago so get most of these games.

In Canada we don't have access to most US TV services though. We can't get HBO Now at all because HBO sold their rights in Canada to one of our biggest cable providers, so you literally have to have a full cable subscription with and then pay an extra $20 on top of that just to get HBO. Also, out Netflix is like 25% the size of yours. Our Amazon Prime video is very limited. We also don't get services like Hulu, etc.... Some of these you can get around with VPNs, etc.... but others you can't.
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
JXL
General Manager
And1: 8,419

Post#15 » by JXL » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:41 pm

44.99? Pass. Paying that with PS Vue. Rather have MSG on that.
BIRD UP!
#OGKENOBI

Follow me on X: @sirJXL
Knick4Real
General Manager
And1: 7,425

Post#16 » by Knick4Real » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:13 pm

JXL wrote:44.99? Pass. Paying that with PS Vue. Rather have MSG on that.

How are you getting MSG on PS Vue??
JXL
General Manager
And1: 8,419

Post#17 » by JXL » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:14 pm

Knick4Real wrote:

How are you getting MSG on PS Vue??

I'm not... saying rather have MSG on Vue...
BIRD UP!
#OGKENOBI

Follow me on X: @sirJXL
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,274

Post#18 » by Clyde Frazier » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:42 pm

Hmm... I wouldn't call this the ideal solution, but the only reason I still have cable is for NY sports (knicks most importantly). I'd still be saving a significant amount of money if i moved over to this. Kinda hate that it's a random service i've never heard of before, though.
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,204

Post#19 » by seren » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:31 pm

I am still waiting for this to appear on their website. As of now, it doesn't show up in their channel lineup. Price also still looks 34.99.

Sent from my XT1575 using RealGM mobile app
CowboyBebop
Starter
And1: 2,134

Post#20 » by CowboyBebop » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:21 pm

Agreed. Ps vue is a great service and I wish it included MSG. Oh well. I’m just going to get nba league pass and use a DNS on my ps4.
CowboyBebop wrote:Will Lebron be able to get warriors players suspended again so he has another chance to win this year? Or will he fail and get yet another loss on an already unimpressive finals record?

Return to New York Knicks