ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks coach: I’m ‘shocked’ at how good Joakim Noah looks

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

TankCommander17
Bench Warmer
And1: 665

Re: Knicks coach: I’m ‘shocked’ at how good Joakim Noah looks 

Post#61 » by TankCommander17 » Sun Oct 1, 2017 2:05 pm

This dude better keep sucking and not make a comeback and **** up the tank.
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#62 » by Sark » Sun Oct 1, 2017 2:09 pm

vallen wrote:
Sark wrote:
DaKnicksAreBack wrote:
If ifs and buts were candies and nuts we'd all have a merry Christmas

Well someone is saying he looks great, so it isn't an IF anymore, is it?

"you exactly said "IF he comes back healthy" :nonono:

I'm obviously not a direct source as to the validity of his health. Therefore I used if because I don't actually know.

But someone with more direct knowledge thinks he is healthy.
BeagleBoss
General Manager
And1: 4,331

Post#63 » by BeagleBoss » Sun Oct 1, 2017 2:37 pm

Noah playing is good for the tank.
Besart19
RealGM
And1: 4,030

Post#64 » by Besart19 » Sun Oct 1, 2017 3:29 pm

moocow007 wrote:Regarding trading Noah...

Yes it's unlikely that teams will trade expiring for him. But trading him for expirings is not the only option. They could look to deal him for contracts that might fit a better need.

Evan Turner?!
Strength and Honour!
Bill Pidto
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,530

Post#65 » by Bill Pidto » Sun Oct 1, 2017 4:01 pm

Haris wrote:We hear this stuff every off-season about every player that has struggled. Unbelieveable. Not saying that Noah won't be good, maybe he will, but I am sick people talking about players losing their weight and fit stuff. And mostly they come back with no difference.

The only solution is to stay away from internet, then. It's the beginning of a new NBA season. Did you expect to read quotes from Knicks training camp about North Korea? Kylie Jenner? Some other basketball team?
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,676

Post#66 » by nedleeds » Sun Oct 1, 2017 4:12 pm

denterprise wrote:
nedleeds wrote:
Sark wrote:

Well someone is saying he looks great, so it isn't an IF anymore, is it?

He could **** gold eggs and nobody would take him. He's one of the 5 worst contracts in basketball.

I would say the worst contract in all of sports, period. He did not brake down after signing the contract, he was already broke down and passed his prime. He was'nt even one of our players we were trying to reward for years of good service to the club. Then he starts year two on suspension. If history is an indicator he will get healthy enough to take us out of the running for a top draft pick.

You make a compelling argument. I discount baseball because there's no cap and football because you can cut people. The NBA is the worst of both worlds, a cap and guaranteed contracts.

The only argument against Noah being the worst in hoops is the yearly dollar value isn't quite the worst. But if he can just never play and we can't get medical retirement it might be the worst.

-- can't play
Noah
Chandler Parsons
Deng
Reggie Jackson

-- they play but the money is just untradable and so negative for average production
Drummond
Jrue Holiday
Derozen
Bazemore
Tyler Johnson
Oladipo
Biyombo
Ryno
Dieng
JR Smith
Tristan Thompson
Crabbe
Turner

There are also turds like Leonard, Miles Plumlee, John Henson and Asik but those are around ~$10 million for actual **** nothing.
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
Appleshampoo
Starter
And1: 916

Post#67 » by Appleshampoo » Sun Oct 1, 2017 4:58 pm

A guy like Noah needs steroids. 20 games suspension to keep the gas tank on a quarter empty versus completely empty? I'll take it just call up Arod and Bron for how not to get caught again

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
JackKnife2ooo
Senior
And1: 36

Post#68 » by JackKnife2ooo » Sun Oct 1, 2017 6:31 pm

Am I the only fan who fully supports Noah on this team? He's a player coach, a motivator and a good influence. Let the money go and be at peace with him. It's not the end of the world, bad contracts are bad contracts but it's MUCH different when the player can at LEAST provide some net positives to the team that don't have to do with actual playing time. And who knows -- he might have some good minutes left in him.
NewYorkPride85
Senior
And1: 353

Post#69 » by NewYorkPride85 » Sun Oct 1, 2017 7:10 pm

JackKnife2ooo wrote:Am I the only fan who fully supports Noah on this team? He's a player coach, a motivator and a good influence. Let the money go and be at peace with him. It's not the end of the world, bad contracts are bad contracts but it's MUCH different when the player can at LEAST provide some net positives to the team that don't have to do with actual playing time. And who knows -- he might have some good minutes left in him.

He'll earn his pay if he can teach and influence players to become better defenders. Especially our bigs. Might tick people off who are all for the tank but it will help the team in the long run and boost their value as assets in case the FO decides to trade them at the deadline.
TheDavinciCHODE
Sixth Man
And1: 1,861

Post#70 » by TheDavinciCHODE » Sun Oct 1, 2017 7:14 pm

I love how the story tries to build the narrative that Noah was a star free agent coming home

....and not a total bum a few seasons removed from being effective that can't stay on the court and barely contributes when he is there.

I mean, I love the guy. He works hard. But I don't see how he can be an effective player anymore.
Haris
Junior
And1: 85

Post#71 » by Haris » Sun Oct 1, 2017 9:21 pm

Bill Pidto wrote:
Haris wrote:We hear this stuff every off-season about every player that has struggled. Unbelieveable. Not saying that Noah won't be good, maybe he will, but I am sick people talking about players losing their weight and fit stuff. And mostly they come back with no difference.

The only solution is to stay away from internet, then. It's the beginning of a new NBA season. Did you expect to read quotes from Knicks training camp about North Korea? Kylie Jenner? Some other basketball team?

I understand that, people have to talk about something, by that I mean media guys and fans but sometimes we have to realistic. In Bosnia we say: "Firstly, jump and then say 'hop' "
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#72 » by newyorker4ever » Mon Oct 2, 2017 12:03 am

So much hate on here that even when people hear something good about one of our players you guys still don't wanna believe it and just make bad jokes about it or think it's fake news....SMH.
louieOrr
Sixth Man
And1: 474

Post#73 » by louieOrr » Mon Oct 2, 2017 12:18 am

Would Love too see him redeem himself, and be moved by the deadline by doing so. Would be a blessing
louieOrr
Sixth Man
And1: 474

Post#74 » by louieOrr » Mon Oct 2, 2017 12:19 am

How about Noah for Ryan Anderson Morey? :rofl:
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#75 » by Sark » Mon Oct 2, 2017 1:11 am

newyorker4ever wrote:So much hate on here that even when people hear something good about one of our players you guys still don't wanna believe it and just make bad jokes about it or think it's fake news....SMH.

The worse Noah does, the more blame that we can put at Phil's door.
RealGM
And1: 39,217

Post#76 » by 2010 » Mon Oct 2, 2017 1:18 am

Make him the starter when he returns from suspension and play him 32mpg until he inevitably breaks down again. Then when he rehabs and comes back do the same thing again. Eventually he will have enough and retire.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
DrCoach
General Manager
And1: 4,311

Post#77 » by DrCoach » Mon Oct 2, 2017 2:00 am

God news

Contract aside.

I am very happy he wil be mentoring our Bigs
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,600

Post#78 » by El Poochio » Mon Oct 2, 2017 2:05 am

Cant think of a better player right now in NBA to give my 20 million to NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAH

So underrated, he has been a true servant and most dedicated soldier for this city and franchise, we are so lucky to have him on our roster and he got his reward by being blessed a fresh new body NOAH YOU BEAST!

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,997

Post#79 » by Nazrmohamed » Mon Oct 2, 2017 3:23 am

DaKnicksAreBack wrote:
Sark wrote:If he comes back healthy, he might have some trade value left. A contender might want him if he's close to his Bulls form.

If ifs and buts were candies and nuts we'd all have a merry Christmas

Lmao
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,312

Post#80 » by GEOLINK » Mon Oct 2, 2017 7:45 am

Sark wrote:If he comes back healthy, he might have some trade value left. A contender might want him if he's close to his Bulls form.

I’ll wrap him in Christmas wrap with a bow and send his ass to Thibs in Minnesota.

Return to New York Knicks