ImageImageImageImageImage

DRose played "revenge basketball" last year

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,997

Re: DRose played "revenge basketball" last year 

Post#41 » by Nazrmohamed » Mon Oct 2, 2017 5:30 pm

mpharris36 wrote:that whats wrong about drose...you see 18-4-4 on 47% shooting and your like damn what a resurgence! And if you actually watched him play he was usually the most negative guy on the floor with his atrocious defense and his lack of point guard play.

True but at least now hes in his best role in Cleveland. Come off the bench well rested and just be the attacker you want to be while we they rest LeBron. The Cavs got alot of weapons
bigtimeRC3
Pro Prospect
And1: 571

Post#42 » by bigtimeRC3 » Mon Oct 2, 2017 5:51 pm

derrick rose is the most overrated player in history. even when he was healthy, he had no skills. he just ran too fast and got layups. he cant shoot, pass, do anything good. chris duhon could run the point guard position better than him
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#43 » by dakomish23 » Mon Oct 2, 2017 5:58 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:I can't count the number of times he took his frustrations out on the bottom of some poor rim.

While ignoring teammates, specifically KP, in the process.

Hey, he had something to prove!

He had KP in the corner, Lee on the wing and Melo up top al wide open and set up at the 3PT line

Nope. 1 on 4 :rofl2:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
aromeoj
Senior
And1: 601

Post#44 » by aromeoj » Mon Oct 2, 2017 6:21 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:I can't count the number of times he took his frustrations out on the bottom of some poor rim.

Although Rose did nothing for us, I hate when ppl use this gif...down 4 with a few seconds left...nothing else to do, yeah he could have passed to KP but they weren't going to foul him for the 4 point play...lol

Twitter: aromeoj | Instagram: aromeoj | Sports Marketer | Sneakerhead
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#45 » by NoLayupRule » Mon Oct 2, 2017 6:23 pm

D-Rose played revenge ball on the knicks and jackson for sure

what a joke

selfish and lazy

i know he's gonna rip it up for Clev but for us he was pure caca
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,034

Re: RE: Re: DRose played "revenge basketball" last year 

Post#46 » by GONYK » Mon Oct 2, 2017 6:34 pm

aromeoj wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:

Although Rose did nothing for us, I hate when ppl use this gif...down 4 with a few seconds left...nothing else to do, yeah he could have passed to KP but they weren't going to foul him for the 4 point play...lol
I agree. This gif is like the Melo not passing to KP with 2 seconds left against Sacramento.

There is plenty of Rose awfulness to draw from outside of a time crunched, hopeless situation.
Knickerbock
Sixth Man
And1: 897

Post#47 » by Knickerbock » Mon Oct 2, 2017 6:40 pm

Drose and Lebron will be running the fast break.. with Wade trailing the play.

Instead of Lebron or Wade finishing off an ally oop..

They will watch rose take the ball down the court himself... and run into the only defender there.. and end up attempting a ridiculous layup attempt..
RiseOfTheEmpire
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,706

Post#48 » by RiseOfTheEmpire » Mon Oct 2, 2017 8:23 pm

aromeoj wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:

Still the right play, though, right? If anybody can draw a foul and make a three it's a 7'3'' shooting giant waiting wide open to shoot as a desperate defender comes running at him.WTF was he doing going in for a layup?

Stat padding.......which is what the discussion in this thread is about. It's clear as day now that this little **** was here to do his own thing, no wonder we were such a **** mess.....once again bum ass have beens using the Knicks to get a payday...happens all the time and now we have evidence if you just take what Rose said as a Cav and see the correlation with the way he played for us last season.
"I would challenge you to a battle of wits, but I see you are unarmed."
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Re: RE: Re: DRose played 

Post#49 » by dakomish23 » Mon Oct 2, 2017 11:43 pm

GONYK wrote:
aromeoj wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:

I agree. This gif is like the Melo not passing to KP with 2 seconds left against Sacramento.

There is plenty of Rose awfulness to draw from outside of a time crunched, hopeless situation.

Except that Melo heave would of won the game and he was double teamed outside the 3PT line with a few seconds left

You're down 4 under 5 seconds and you go for the 2 on a fast break against multiple defenders, with 3 teammates running with you?

KP was ahead of him :lol:

But you're right about one thing - there were others to choose from

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#50 » by Thugger HBC » Tue Oct 3, 2017 12:01 am

That's the wrong gif to shyt of Rose. He literally blew by all of them.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#51 » by dakomish23 » Tue Oct 3, 2017 12:44 am

DievsZingis wrote:
aromeoj wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:

Still the right play, though, right? If anybody can draw a foul and make a three it's a 7'3'' shooting giant waiting wide open to shoot as a desperate defender comes running at him.WTF was he doing going in for a layup?

Stat padding.......which is what the discussion in this thread is about. It's clear as day now that this little **** was here to do his own thing, no wonder we were such a **** mess.....once again bum ass have beens using the Knicks to get a payday...happens all the time and now we have evidence if you just take what Rose said as a Cav and see the correlation with the way he played for us last season.

No clue how people are making excuses for this play. KP was in front of him :lol:

Most PGs see that and kick it out to him for that 3.

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#52 » by NYKAL » Tue Oct 3, 2017 12:24 pm

god shammgod wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:He's good as a combo guard off the bench. Cleveland is a good fit for him

what is the combo exactly ? he does one thing. inefficiently.

Combination of fragility, low intelligence and selfishness. Never seen a point guard so opposed to passing. KP has to be happy he's elsewhere. His inability to play team ball, if total lack of defense, can't see how he'll be a positive for the Cavs.
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,207

Post#53 » by seren » Tue Oct 3, 2017 2:46 pm

Most players benefit playing with Lebron. Even a guy like JR Smith was able to improve his image. Somehow, I feel like DRose will be a disaster. I can see a buyout or trade before the season ends there. After that, I expect DRose to either retire or go to China.

Sent from my XT1575 using RealGM mobile app
Woodsanity
RealGM
And1: 9,899

Post#54 » by Woodsanity » Tue Oct 3, 2017 3:26 pm

So glad this scrub is gone.

Only the playoffs separate the true great ones and frauds.
Kurt Rambis
Senior
And1: 483

Post#55 » by Kurt Rambis » Tue Oct 3, 2017 4:21 pm

He might look better due to playing next to Lebron & better defensive schemes. Not because he'll play better. 'You don't change the spot on a leopard'

Same goes for Melo too.
MrOrange
Senior
And1: 417

Post#56 » by MrOrange » Tue Oct 3, 2017 5:20 pm

Yeah, revenge on the Knicks worked out just fine...
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,034

Post#57 » by GONYK » Tue Oct 3, 2017 5:28 pm

Kurt Rambis wrote:He might look better due to playing next to Lebron & better defensive schemes. Not because he'll play better. 'You don't change the spot on a leopard'

Same goes for Melo too.

Just like JR
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,207

Re: RE: Re: DRose played "revenge basketball" last year 

Post#58 » by seren » Tue Oct 3, 2017 6:05 pm

GONYK wrote:
Kurt Rambis wrote:He might look better due to playing next to Lebron & better defensive schemes. Not because he'll play better. 'You don't change the spot on a leopard'

Same goes for Melo too.

Just like JR

Yes but JR's game is actually useful along Lebron. There is literally nothing useful that Rose can do on a LeBron led team. I am not even sure Rose can do anything useful on any NBA squad anymore.

dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#59 » by dakomish23 » Tue Oct 3, 2017 6:17 pm

seren wrote:Most players benefit playing with Lebron. Even a guy like JR Smith was able to improve his image. Somehow, I feel like DRose will be a disaster. I can see a buyout or trade before the season ends there. After that, I expect DRose to either retire or go to China.

The Lebron Lazarus tour is definitely in for it's biggest test yet. The other guys at least fit in well as shooters and/or defenders. DRose can do neither.

Wade was able to make it work, but he has 10,000x the basketball IQ to figure out how to play alongside Lebron.

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
Knicks Byke
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,251

Post#60 » by Knicks Byke » Tue Oct 3, 2017 9:16 pm

well basically all he has to do on that team is make a layup :lol: and he's good at that.

Return to New York Knicks