ImageImageImageImageImage

Build a Franchise- Discussion thread (part 7) ***DRAFT WILL END MIDNIGHT TUESDAY***

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,045

Re: Build a Franchise- Discussion thread (part 7) ***DRAFT WILL END MIDNIGHT TUESDAY*** 

Post#1561 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:02 pm

Capn'O wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Capn'O wrote:No doubt. Anyone that was using the rookie scale to determine pay grade for THIS YEAR's rookies was doing it wrong. It's irrelevant information.

Watching Suns/Blazers it struck me that most of Jackson's turnovers are simply because he's not adjusted to NBA pace. He was just a hair out of sync and those passes will hit sooner rather than later. He's gonna be a crazy good facilitator.

i did whatever it took to get my rooks. people complaining about this "rookie scale" are just haters. the same ones that complained about it are the same people that overpaid for garbage players. so at the end of the day, they have no place to talk.

i agree on jackson's turnovers, he is just getting used to the game, like every rookie is right now. i expect frank to make the same mistakes as well when he comes back from his injury

I will say that other than Jackson, I wouldn't have splurged more than 200 for any individual rookie but I think you did it right getting a few. That gives you a bit of bust insurance and it's really deep class. Your total package (plus this year's rook) will likely be good value by Year 3 or so.

yep
if someone ends up busting i can even move players around in my lineup due to their versatility and also use this year's pick to make a decision on what i really need. so i'm in a good position right now

year 3/4 is when i really start to make major adjustments to my roster to make that final step to being a contender. i should have a good idea by then to see who is going to be a key to a contending team and who is not.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Re: Build a Franchise- Discussion thread (part 7) ***DRAFT WILL END MIDNIGHT TUESDAY*** 

Post#1562 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:08 pm

injury wasn't even serious. but i hope they're making the right decision
Read on Twitter
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#1563 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:09 pm

Read on Twitter

hmm...

Read on Twitter

smith needa chill out and play it safe. he's pretty much saying that it magically healed up in a couple of hours
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,964

Post#1564 » by Manhattan Project » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:56 am

Aaron Gordon hype train at full steam ahead

Aaron Gordon went off yet again on Friday with 21 points, seven rebounds, three 3-pointers against the Cavs on Friday.
The Aaron Gordon hype train is going so fast the Magic's jersey sponsor, Disney, may have to cast Keenu Reeves for another Speed movie. Gordon spent a lot of time with a sports psychology company called Lucid, and maybe that's part of the reason he's had such confidence in his jumper. Even with all the hype last month, he's gone off in each of the last four games and the Magic broadcast said AG could "easily" score 22 per game after putting up 12.7 points per game last year. We're buying and he's now moved into the early-round territory of competitive leagues.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,551

Post#1565 » by Capn'O » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:16 am

Jerian with 10/9/8 :o
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#1566 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:32 am

josh jackson for the ROY... this kid is just too good
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#1567 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:04 am

BAM BAM with 13 and 9 8-)
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#1568 » by Mecca » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:40 pm

My guy Jawun Evans... 22 points // 8 assists looking crazy right now. Def happy to have him as my backup PG.

Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
Mecca
RealGM

Post#1569 » by Mecca » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:46 pm

Oh yeah... 19/7/5 in 18 MINUTES for Ben Simmons. Mans is a battering ram attacking the rim. If he can stay at 70-75% from the line, he's going to get his points at the line.

Ben's final pre-season per 36

Per 36: 18.0 PTS (49 FG%), 9.8 REB, 8.5 AST, 2.2 STL and 1.3 BLK.

Brooklyn Nets
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,084

Post#1570 » by moocow007 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:06 pm

Andre Drummond with a statement game to close out a terrific preseason.

18 points, 23 rebounds, 7 assists and 1 block. And perhaps most importantly he's shot 85% from the line this preseason. Would have possibly had a shot at a triple double yesterday if his teammates had made a couple more shots he's set them up for.

Looks like the 2015-2016 Drummond may be back now that he can breathe out of both nostrils. Also may be playing with a chip on his shoulders from the criticism he's been getting,
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#1571 » by HEZI » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:22 pm

Mecca wrote:My guy Jawun Evans... 22 points // 8 assists looking crazy right now. Def happy to have him as my backup PG.

I watched a little bit of this game, he broke that dude Alex Caruso so many times it was ridiculous
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
Mecca
RealGM

Post#1572 » by Mecca » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:28 pm

HEZI wrote:
Mecca wrote:My guy Jawun Evans... 22 points // 8 assists looking crazy right now. Def happy to have him as my backup PG.

I watched a little bit of this game, he broke that dude Alex Caruso so many times it was ridiculous

Good looks b, he kinda like a lower-middle class Kemba Walker
Brooklyn Nets
HEZI
RealGM

Post#1573 » by HEZI » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:33 pm

Mecca wrote:
HEZI wrote:

Mos def. has some really nice potential. So quick and shifty and can drop dimes too. How did the Clippers even get him, I don't remember them even having a draft pick going into the draft?
DENVER NUGGETS
Mecca
RealGM

Post#1574 » by Mecca » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:35 pm

HEZI wrote:
Mecca wrote:
HEZI wrote:

Mos def. has some really nice potential. So quick and shifty and can drop dimes too. How did the Clippers even get him, I don't remember them even having a draft pick going into the draft?

He went early round 2. Typical NBA scouts diminishing a player's potential due to lack of size, despite being a monster at Oklahoma State. He was my guy in the draft thread all year.
Brooklyn Nets
HEZI
RealGM

Post#1575 » by HEZI » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:42 pm

Mecca wrote:
HEZI wrote:
Mecca wrote:

He went early round 2. Typical NBA scouts diminishing a player's potential due to lack of size, despite being a monster at Oklahoma State. He was my guy in the draft thread all year.

It's so silly to do that especially nowadays with so many teams using small ball. I don't care what height you are, if you can ball then you can ball, it's that simple! Plus, he's like CP3/Lowry/Kemba size. I was leaning more towards Frank Mason III but man Evans is looking like a baller

Wanna trade? :D :lol:
DENVER NUGGETS
Mecca
RealGM

Post#1576 » by Mecca » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:43 pm

HEZI wrote:
Mecca wrote:
HEZI wrote:

It's so silly to do that especially nowadays with so many teams using small ball. I don't care what height you are, if you can ball then you can ball, it's that simple! Plus, he's like CP3/Lowry/Kemba size. I was leaning more towards Frank Mason III but man Evans is looking like a baller

lol Thornwell is a problem and going to be getting PT year 1 so you good brobro
Brooklyn Nets
HEZI
RealGM

Post#1577 » by HEZI » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:48 pm

Mecca wrote:
HEZI wrote:
Mecca wrote:

Did he play last night? There was another dude who was on the floor and kinda looked like him and I kept thinking it was him but it wasn't. I was so tired so I ended up falling asleep while watching but it kinda seems like the Clipps got a bunch of guard/forwards so it could be tough for him to see much burn this year
DENVER NUGGETS
Mecca
RealGM

Post#1578 » by Mecca » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:52 pm

HEZI wrote:
Mecca wrote:
HEZI wrote:

Did he play last night? There was another dude who was on the floor and kinda looked like him and I kept thinking it was him but it wasn't. I was so tired so I ended up falling asleep while watching but it kinda seems like the Clipps got a bunch of guard/forwards so it could be tough for him to see much burn this year

Naah he was out w a bad shoulder
Brooklyn Nets
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#1579 » by magnumt » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:58 pm

moocow007 wrote:Andre Drummond with a statement game to close out a terrific preseason.

18 points, 23 rebounds, 7 assists and 1 block. And perhaps most importantly he's shot 85% from the line this preseason. Would have possibly had a shot at a triple double yesterday if his teammates had made a couple more shots he's set them up for.

Looks like the 2015-2016 Drummond may be back now that he can breathe out of both nostrils. Also may be playing with a chip on his shoulders from the criticism he's been getting,

What's funny is that all 3 of your Big 3, I was battling you for them through and through. :lol:

--Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
JohnWillow
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,702

Post#1580 » by JohnWillow » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:05 pm

Where do I sign myself as a free agent?
Celtics fan. :crazy:
We also face the Kings twice in the near future. I think it's time Yabu pays back some of that free money he's been given his entire career and bounces Fox for a nice 2 week ankle sprain.

Return to New York Knicks