ImageImageImageImageImage

Frank's Q1 highlights VS BKN + Def Breakdown

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Crazy8s
Junior
And1: 1,066

Frank's Q1 highlights VS BKN + Def Breakdown 

Post#1 » by Crazy8s » Thu Oct 5, 2017 2:12 am

rajajackal
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,349

Re: Frank's Q1 highlights VS BKN + Def Breakdown 

Post#2 » by rajajackal » Thu Oct 5, 2017 2:16 am

Crazy8s wrote:

glad to have you back
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,310

Post#3 » by Jalen Bluntson » Thu Oct 5, 2017 2:21 am

Pretty cool. He looks smooth out there for a rookie. Not perfect but, he works hard and didn't look to do too much. The whole team is a work in progress. Looking forward to seeing more of this.
:beer: RIP mags
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,705

Post#4 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Oct 5, 2017 2:31 am

The King of All Knicks Media - along with Triple C - is BAAAAAAAAACK!
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#5 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Oct 5, 2017 2:34 am

Haha, Clyde calls him "Frank." Damn!
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,972

Post#6 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu Oct 5, 2017 2:41 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:Haha, Clyde calls him "Frank." Damn!

not even going to try.

was hoping for some "niller-keener."
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#7 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Oct 5, 2017 2:43 am

Jeff Van Gully wrote:

not even going to try.

:lol:

or worse.
Wolfgang630
RealGM
And1: 16,552

Post#8 » by Wolfgang630 » Thu Oct 5, 2017 2:50 am

He doesn't look like a PG.
rajajackal
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,349

Post#9 » by rajajackal » Thu Oct 5, 2017 3:11 am

Wolfgang630 wrote:He doesn't look like a PG.

i think he looks like a solid playmaker. i think he plays great defense on guards and has potential for solid defense 1-5. i think his handles are at a level capable of protecting the rock, though it's not one of the stronger facets of his game (and it can be improved). his shot is fluid and he's quick. he might grow into our starting small forward when it's all said and done, but as of right now he's the best point guard on the team
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#10 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Oct 5, 2017 3:28 am

He looks like a spider or a praying mantis.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,182

Post#11 » by Capn'O » Thu Oct 5, 2017 3:37 am

Good call zeroing in on that defensive sequence. I love the anticipation of the pick where he gets in on Russell. He had the whole perimeter on lockdown.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Knickerbock
Sixth Man
And1: 897

Post#12 » by Knickerbock » Thu Oct 5, 2017 3:41 am

Jeff Van Gully wrote:

not even going to try.

Ohh my... When Xavier Rathan-Mayes was in the game yesterday.. I swear Clyde said "mayonnaise" like 5 times
BrownBearKing
Junior
And1: 398

Post#13 » by BrownBearKing » Thu Oct 5, 2017 3:54 am

I always thought he'd get moved to the 2 effectually.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,972

Post#14 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu Oct 5, 2017 4:14 am

Capn'O wrote:Good call zeroing in on that defensive sequence. I love the anticipation of the pick where he gets in on Russell. He had the whole perimeter on lockdown.

dolo
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Garbagelo
Veteran
And1: 3,190

Post#15 » by Garbagelo » Thu Oct 5, 2017 4:48 am

Not sure what you were watching.

He looks like a pure point to me.
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,707

Post#16 » by Knicksfan1992 » Thu Oct 5, 2017 5:37 am

Capn'O wrote:Good call zeroing in on that defensive sequence. I love the anticipation of the pick where he gets in on Russell. He had the whole perimeter on lockdown.

Frank and Beasley (shocking I know) played great d to make up for Kanter looking more lost than a girl scout on mars on the pick and roll on that play. Great job getting into a stance by Beasley and containing Russel on a switch after he provided a decent enough close out to deter Acy from shooting while still covering the back door and giving Frank enough time cover for Kanters mistake in coverage.
TruthBeTold
Bench Warmer
And1: 423

Post#17 » by TruthBeTold » Thu Oct 5, 2017 5:50 am

I was happy to finally get to see Frank play a full game to better analyze his skill sets and potential. On Defense, I believe Frank is going to be a solid player, but it's best to wait until the regular season start to get a more accurate analysis of his true defensive ability.

On offense, Frank is going to have very good assist numbers throughout his NBA career. In his first preseason game, I didn't care about how many baskets Frank made or missed, what I cared about was how he attempt to get those points. Frank is going to be an "excellent shooter" in the NBA. However, he has limited offensive skill set, so he will have to rely on his shooting ability in his rookie year to get the bulk of his points. With about 8.8 seconds remaining in the 3rd quarter against the Nets, Walt Frazier give an example of what I'm talking about. If Frank can consistently Knock down 3 pointers, mid range shots and finish basic layups at the rim, then he is going to be fine. :nod:

I believe Frank is going to be a solid point guard in the NBA, but if he wants to be an All Star one day, then he has to improve his offensive skills and be more aggressive. I was right about him when I did my analysis in the draft thread. NO, Frank will NOT win the Rookie of the Year Award at the end of the season. I expect that award to be won by a solid all round player that is a top 3 scorer for rookies.

My pick for starters after one preseason game: KP, THJ, Kanter, Frank, (5) I'll need to watch some more preseason games.
Frank is going to make a lot of rookie mistakes. The Knicks are not going to be a playoff team at the end of the season, so it's best to give Frank the most playtime to speed up his development. Kanter is the best scoring center on the Knicks and should start unless the knicks want that top draft pick. :D
knicksNOTslick
RealGM
And1: 4,633

Post#18 » by knicksNOTslick » Thu Oct 5, 2017 6:41 am

Playing him at a position other than PG would be to take away all his strengths and advantages, then turning him into a dime a dozen player.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#19 » by MaseInYourFace » Thu Oct 5, 2017 8:54 am

TruthBeTold wrote:I was happy to finally get to see Frank play a full game to better analyze his skill sets and potential. On Defense, I believe Frank is going to be a solid player, but it's best to wait until the regular season start to get a more accurate analysis of his true defensive ability.

On offense, Frank is going to have very good assist numbers throughout his NBA career. In his first preseason game, I didn't care about how many baskets Frank made or missed, what I cared about was how he attempt to get those points. Frank is going to be an "excellent shooter" in the NBA. However, he has limited offensive skill set, so he will have to rely on his shooting ability in his rookie year to get the bulk of his points. With about 8.8 seconds remaining in the 3rd quarter against the Nets, Walt Frazier give an example of what I'm talking about. If Frank can consistently Knock down 3 pointers, mid range shots and finish basic layups at the rim, then he is going to be fine. :nod:

I believe Frank is going to be a solid point guard in the NBA, but if he wants to be an All Star one day, then he has to improve his offensive skills and be more aggressive. I was right about him when I did my analysis in the draft thread. NO, Frank will NOT win the Rookie of the Year Award at the end of the season. I expect that award to be won by a solid all round player that is a top 3 scorer for rookies.

My pick for starters after one preseason game: KP, THJ, Kanter, Frank, (5) I'll need to watch some more preseason games.
Frank is going to make a lot of rookie mistakes. The Knicks are not going to be a playoff team at the end of the season, so it's best to give Frank the most playtime to speed up his development. Kanter is the best scoring center on the Knicks and should start unless the knicks want that top draft pick. :D

He's 19. Of course he has a lot of room for improvement. You didn't exactly crack the code here.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
TruthBeTold
Bench Warmer
And1: 423

Post#20 » by TruthBeTold » Thu Oct 5, 2017 11:22 am

MaseInYourFace wrote:
TruthBeTold wrote:I was happy to finally get to see Frank play a full game to better analyze his skill sets and potential. On Defense, I believe Frank is going to be a solid player, but it's best to wait until the regular season start to get a more accurate analysis of his true defensive ability.

He's 19. Of course he has a lot of room for improvement. You didn't exactly crack the code here.

I never said he needs a lot of improvement and I did give him credit where credit is do. The truth is he really doesn't need a lot of improvement, he just needs to improve his finishing ability at the rim and be more aggressive. He is already a solid defender, good shooter and passer, which can all be improved with experience. However, Frank's talent and the type of player he will be in the future is what my post was really analyzing. Frank will never be as explosive as Russell Westbrook or even Derrick Rose when it comes to scoring in the paint, but that doesn't mean he can't become a good paint scorer after gaining more NBA experience.

MY PREDICTION FOR FRANK AS AN NBA PLAYER BASE ON WHAT I'VE SEEN SO FAR:
I'm predicting Frank will be one of the best assist point guards in the NBA. He will be the best defender on the Knicks as well as one of the best shooters on his team, but an average NBA scorer. When it comes to talent, you either got it or you don't. For example, KP hitting the gym during the off-season to try and become a better post scorer. Both he and the fans knows post scoring was a weakness when he was drafted. Well I'm telling you right now that despite his hard work during the off-season, he will never be as good as WHG or Kanter in the paint. KP knows he is not a talented post scorer, so he will try and compensate by taking high percentage shots in the paint.

Listen, Frank will improve and be a solid player in the NBA. When he is hitting his jumpers, defending and getting assist, he is great. I want him to be a good point guard for the Knicks because I'm a Knicks fan. I don't always sound like it because I'm not a "HOMER." My writing is my unbiased opinion and analysis.

Return to New York Knicks