ImageImageImageImageImage

Jeff Hornacek admits Knicks are ready for their own ‘Process’ - Codename "Tank"

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,896

Re: Jeff Hornacek admits Knicks are ready for their own ‘Process’ - Codename "Tank" 

Post#121 » by DaGawd » Sat Oct 7, 2017 6:09 am

Garbagelo wrote:We will tank without meaning to and then we will blow it again in the final days.

THjr will be the culprit again
BaF
Washington Wizards
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,419
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Re: Jeff Hornacek admits Knicks are ready for their own ‘Process’ - Codename "Tank" 

Post#122 » by E-Balla » Sat Oct 7, 2017 6:48 am

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
E-Balla wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
We improved after he played in his all star game. We were 10-43 with him. 7-22 without him. So...yeah. Better without him.

Why you gotta lie? Melo didn't even play 43 games that whole year. :lol:

We were 10-43 when he went for surgery. After the ASB...7-22.

He was part of the lineup until he took himself out. Mid February. Since then we improved our winning percentage.

He played 40 games that whole season. Like I said before stop lying. You took the time to look up our record before and after ASB so I know you looked at our record with and without Melo or at least glanced at his numbers to see he played 40 games total. Why you gotta lie?
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,307

Post#123 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sat Oct 7, 2017 7:15 am

E-Balla wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
E-Balla wrote:Why you gotta lie? Melo didn't even play 43 games that whole year. :lol:

He was part of the lineup until he took himself out. Mid February. Since then we improved our winning percentage.

He played 40 games that whole season. Like I said before stop lying. You took the time to look up our record before and after ASB so I know you looked at our record with and without Melo or at least glanced at his numbers to see he played 40 games total. Why you gotta lie?

Was he on the roster at the ASB? Yes...he was. We were 10-43 then. After he played in his ASG that was so important...he has his surgery. The team went 7-22 after that. That's called improvement. That happened after he was out of the lineup.

No lie involved. He kept himself in the mix because his ASG appearance was so important. After he was not relevant...the team won more. FACT.

Lie to yourself all you want. The team played better without him.
:beer: RIP mags
MrOrange
Senior
And1: 417

Post#124 » by MrOrange » Sat Oct 7, 2017 8:30 am

An honest question, guys. Do you really see a player like Beasley purposefully willing to tank? After all that he has said in pre-season interviews? His career hangs on this season. At least in his own mind. And so is KP's, but in a different way. And Hardaway may want to prove something. And Frank. Etc, etc. There are way too many guys like that on this roster. The only chance for this team to get a high pick would be to just be bad. But not by design :)
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,499

Post#125 » by Fat Kat » Sat Oct 7, 2017 11:51 am

MrOrange wrote:An honest question, guys. Do you really see a player like Beasley purposefully willing to tank? After all that he has said in pre-season interviews? His career hangs on this season. At least in his own mind. And so is KP's, but in a different way. And Hardaway may want to prove something. And Frank. Etc, etc. There are way too many guys like that on this roster. The only chance for this team to get a high pick would be to just be bad. But not by design :)

I think most of these folks know that. The tank talk is just a coping mechanism some need to withstand the losing.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#126 » by NoLayupRule » Sat Oct 7, 2017 12:01 pm

MrOrange wrote:An honest question, guys. Do you really see a player like Beasley purposefully willing to tank? After all that he has said in pre-season interviews? His career hangs on this season. At least in his own mind. And so is KP's, but in a different way. And Hardaway may want to prove something. And Frank. Etc, etc. There are way too many guys like that on this roster. The only chance for this team to get a high pick would be to just be bad. But not by design :)

the straight truth is zero players tank
they dont lose on purpose, they dont have any upside to it

but they do understand the end game
its just not their problem

some coaches can be convinced to be on board but again most dont tank

Beasley won't tank
he's out to prove his talent
if there is a game winning shot to take and make he will do so

there has to be an understanding between coach and management that the measure of success for a team in rebuilding mode is not based on wins or losses but growth
MrOrange
Senior
And1: 417

Post#127 » by MrOrange » Sat Oct 7, 2017 12:29 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:

the straight truth is zero players tank
they dont lose on purpose, they dont have any upside to it

but they do understand the end game
its just not their problem

some coaches can be convinced to be on board but again most dont tank

Beasley won't tank
he's out to prove his talent
if there is a game winning shot to take and make he will do so

there has to be an understanding between coach and management that the measure of success for a team in rebuilding mode is not based on wins or losses but growth

Yap, that was my point as well. Agree 100%
AllanHoustonFan
RealGM
And1: 6,966

Post#128 » by AllanHoustonFan » Sat Oct 7, 2017 1:23 pm

Rasho Brezec wrote:Image

I think I found my new avatar :lol:
#MKGA
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,419
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#129 » by E-Balla » Sat Oct 7, 2017 2:03 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
E-Balla wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

Was he on the roster at the ASB? Yes...he was. We were 10-43 then. After he played in his ASG that was so important...he has his surgery. The team went 7-22 after that. That's called improvement. That happened after he was out of the lineup.

No lie involved. He kept himself in the mix because his ASG appearance was so important. After he was not relevant...the team won more. FACT.

He was on the roster the whole season - that's how rosters work. :rofl: Bro I can't right now you dudes can't be serious. Blaming Melo for the team going 0-13 without him prior to the ASB. Y'all swear it ain't hate tho.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,307

Post#130 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sat Oct 7, 2017 3:10 pm

E-Balla wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
E-Balla wrote:He played 40 games that whole season. Like I said before stop lying. You took the time to look up our record before and after ASB so I know you looked at our record with and without Melo or at least glanced at his numbers to see he played 40 games total. Why you gotta lie?

He was on the roster the whole season - that's how rosters work. :rofl: Bro I can't right now you dudes can't be serious. Blaming Melo for the team going 0-13 without him prior to the ASB. Y'all swear it ain't hate tho.

Learn how to read. The team won at a higher percentage after he was out of the mix. That's all. I never swore anything wasn't hate. I couldn't send watching him play anymore. I hate him almost as much as I hate you dick riding Melo Stans!
:beer: RIP mags
TankCommander17
Bench Warmer
And1: 665

Post#131 » by TankCommander17 » Sat Oct 7, 2017 3:14 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
E-Balla wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

Learn how to read. The team won at a higher percentage after he was out of the mix. That's all. I never swore anything wasn't hate. I couldn't send watching him play anymore. I hate him almost as much as I hate you dick riding Melo Stans!

Are you dense? That is not how with player x and without player x records work. He played less games that you outlined in your sample.

Find out how many games he was playing in. Make a record out of THOSE GAMES ONLY. Then make a record of games he didn't play in. How is this difficult?
TankCommander17
Bench Warmer

Post#132 » by TankCommander17 » Sat Oct 7, 2017 3:15 pm

THJr will screw up our tank again. I hope Jeff sits down players at key moments to preserve the tank.

Problem will be next year when we tank again. Because the odds are worse. It is so Knick to finally try to build through the draft and the rules change lol.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,046

Post#133 » by GONYK » Sat Oct 7, 2017 3:19 pm

TankCommander17 wrote:THJr will screw up our tank again. I hope Jeff sits down players at key moments to preserve the tank.

Problem will be next year when we tank again. Because the odds are worse. It is so Knick to finally try to build through the draft and the rules change lol.

Spoiler:
He's not going to
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,955

Post#134 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sat Oct 7, 2017 3:22 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:Trust the route :o

Read on Twitter

Hold the phone! She's got a cannon!
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
TankCommander17
Bench Warmer

Post#135 » by TankCommander17 » Sat Oct 7, 2017 3:24 pm

GONYK wrote:
TankCommander17 wrote:THJr will screw up our tank again. I hope Jeff sits down players at key moments to preserve the tank.

Spoiler:
He's not going to

His interview led me to believe he will tow the line between that. I think he knows this year is a tank year. And he might do it. You might be right though that at the heat of the moment the competitive juices will flow and they will try to win.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#136 » by dakomish23 » Sat Oct 7, 2017 3:31 pm

TankCommander17 wrote:
GONYK wrote:

Spoiler:
He's not going to

His interview led me to believe he will tow the line between that. I think he knows this year is a tank year. And he might do it. You might be right though that at the heat of the moment the competitive juices will flow and they will try to win.

I'm for any W's that come because of the play of the youth. We should be about growth and development this year and accept any outcome gladly.

Vets winning us meaningless games does nothing for us. I've been down this path before. Please learn from past mistakes.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,046

Re: RE: Re: Jeff Hornacek admits Knicks are ready for their own ‘Process’ - Codename "Tank" 

Post#137 » by GONYK » Sat Oct 7, 2017 3:32 pm

TankCommander17 wrote:
GONYK wrote:

Spoiler:
He's not going to

Well, I think he was saying that he's not going to play vets in key moments to secure wins. I would think KP or THJ contributing to wins is part of the developmental process.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,955

Post#138 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sat Oct 7, 2017 3:34 pm

TankCommander17 wrote:
GONYK wrote:

Spoiler:
He's not going to

TankCommander17 wrote:
GONYK wrote:

Spoiler:
He's not going to

This right here is where I can't go.

So we inexplicably sit the best players down the stretch of close games to "preserve the tank?"

If anything for a coach it means letting the young players learn how to win. KP and Tim are those players.

You sit players on purpose to throw games and you don't have a team.

Sitting Lee and Sessions and Noah? Sure. That's where we are. Taking KP and Tim out for XRM and Artis to lose is preposterous.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#139 » by Dr. Detfink » Sat Oct 7, 2017 3:35 pm

There is no "process" when the rebuilding is made more difficult by Tim Hardaway Jr's contract...something the Knicks tend to outbid themselves (see Amare contract) and FAIL repeatedly to exercise cap management.

You NEED to surround a guy like KP with a guy who can drive and break down defense and another guy who can play inside.

The Knicks can overpay for marginal talent but they really need to draft effectively.

I see another 5 seasons of them failing to surround KP and Frank Nicotine with answers to take them to that next level.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#140 » by dakomish23 » Sat Oct 7, 2017 3:37 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
E-Balla wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

Knicks went 10-30 with him in the lineup - 25%

Knicks went 7-35 without him in the lineup - 17%

Clearly the Knicks were better with him in the lineup.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit

Return to New York Knicks