ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks @ Nyets - The Sequel (Sun, Oct 8th 7:30 PM EST)

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Re: Knicks @ Nyets - The Sequel (Sun, Oct 8th 7:30 PM EST) 

Post#1661 » by br7knicks » Mon Oct 9, 2017 4:53 pm

magnumt wrote:
adjacent2bench wrote:
Besart19 wrote:Kanter 20M
Noah 18M
THJ 18M
Lee 13M
LT 8M
Ron 5M

82M of useless salary when Kawhi, Giannis, Davis, Wall, Westbrook and on will be FA

Westbrook signed an extension

Not to mention Davis, Kawhi, and Wall aren't coming here. :lol:

--Mags :beer:

this
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#1662 » by Greenie » Mon Oct 9, 2017 4:55 pm

TankCommander17 wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:Who does not care about Making KP happy so that he does not want to leave the Knicks?

That is so dumb. Without him we have nothing. If he demands a trade we are getting .50c on the dollar and have to start from scratch.

He needs to stay for this thing to work.

No it’s not. Everyone wasn’t in love with KP. People said we were just hating but the reality is coming home to roost.

I said dude wasn’t an Alpha. Got spanked for it. Said dude isn’t a great defender. Got spanked for it.

There are plenty of other posters who saw exactly what I saw and feel the same way. So no, not everyone gives a damn about keeping KP happy. KP needs to show up and prove he’s his nickname. The training wheels are off.

Bad coach? Check.
Garbage roster for your skill set? Check.

Welcome to being the new Melo. Life of the Knicks best player is a bitch.
knicksNOTslick
RealGM
And1: 4,657

Post#1663 » by knicksNOTslick » Mon Oct 9, 2017 4:55 pm

Greenie wrote:
NYKnicks6 wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:
And what exactly do you think is going to change in 10 days? all of a sudden the Knicks will look competent defensively when about only 4 of our players have ever been that for long stretches of their careers. Let's stop sugar coating chit just to keep being disappointed with ourselves. We suck defensively and if our chuckers aren't hitting we will lose by 20 points night in and night out. Period. End of story.

We were a 30 win team with Melo here. Did you really expect this team to take a leap and compete this year? We are rebuilding in case you were not aware.Many players need to go, and many new players need to come in before we will even be relevant.

According to the Melo hate crew we got better by trading Melo. You know, addition by subtraction and all that jazz....

:lol:

Well, it doesn't matter because Melo wasn't the answer. He wasn't good enough to lead us to the playoffs in a bad conference (which wasn't too much to ask), and he wasn't bad enough to get us to the top of the lottery.

Trading Melo is still addition by subtraction. We just have to suck pretty bad this season to get a top pick, like we should've done years ago. Keeping Melo assures of picking late lottery again.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,173

Re: RE: Re: Knicks @ Nyets - The Sequel (Sun, Oct 8th 7:30 PM EST) 

Post#1664 » by GONYK » Mon Oct 9, 2017 4:55 pm

TankCommander17 wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:Who does not care about Making KP happy so that he does not want to leave the Knicks?

That is so dumb. Without him we have nothing. If he demands a trade we are getting .50c on the dollar and have to start from scratch.

It will be on Blatt to get KP on board then
ChaosHamster
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,864

Post#1665 » by ChaosHamster » Mon Oct 9, 2017 4:56 pm

KP is gonna be here for 5 years, unless they trade him. He is not taking qual. offer.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#1666 » by IllmaticHandler » Mon Oct 9, 2017 4:57 pm

Fury
RealGM
And1: 15,084

Post#1667 » by Fury » Mon Oct 9, 2017 4:57 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
Fury wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:But hey the ball movement is there right guys? No more iso ball and ugly basketball they said. Haha you all played yourselves.

Played what? We are getting Doncic now which is way better than watching Melo shoot turnaround jumpers

It's more about how we look while doing it... I'm happy we may get a good prospect but we're banking on us batting .1000 drafting which almost never happens. Tanking sucks and I hate it. There's fun tanking and then there's what the Knicks are doing...

Lol in NYC there’s no such thing as fun tanking. People over analyze everything. And last I checked, frank didn’t even play in the last two games so of course that’s no fun
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#1668 » by IllmaticHandler » Mon Oct 9, 2017 4:58 pm

TankCommander17 wrote:

Whats dumb is he still getting bodied by smaller players. Whats Dumb is he to pussy to play center. We kinda don't have nothing with him at the moment either. Untill KP truly shows he is a leader and Franchise Talent. IDGAF about his feelings. When hs Finally shows he is a man...then maybe I will worry about how he feels. Kiss his ass for what.
Fury
RealGM
And1: 15,084

Post#1669 » by Fury » Mon Oct 9, 2017 4:59 pm

And KP will be fine. Unless he’s like a player we’ve never seen before and decides to forgo a ton of money at a young age, he’s here to stay forever
TankCommander17
Bench Warmer
And1: 665

Post#1670 » by TankCommander17 » Mon Oct 9, 2017 5:02 pm

Greenie wrote:
TankCommander17 wrote:

No it’s not. Everyone wasn’t in love with KP. People said we were just hating but the reality is coming home to roost.

I said dude wasn’t an Alpha. Got spanked for it. Said dude isn’t a great defender. Got spanked for it.

There are plenty of other posters who saw exactly what I saw and feel the same way. So no, not everyone gives a damn about keeping KP happy. KP needs to show up and prove he’s his nickname. The training wheels are off.

Bad coach? Check.
Garbage roster for your skill set? Check.

Welcome to being the new Melo. Life of the Knicks best player is a bitch.

He has this year to prove people wrong. But let's say he doesn't improve and stays what he is a 18/8 7'3 shot blocker. Yes that is a championship piece. Will he be the guy to lead us to the promised land? No. But he can be the 2nd best player in a championship team and we hope to get the guy in the 2018 or 2019 draft.

If we trade him we are not getting anywhere near top value. Look at the garbage people were trying to pawn off to us when Phil made him available.

The best offer I read was the #4 pick with Bledsoe. That is a garbage return.

Should we bend over backwards to please him? No. But we shouldn't kill him either like we did Melo.
ChaosHamster
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,864

Post#1671 » by ChaosHamster » Mon Oct 9, 2017 5:04 pm

And, btw, I think its a bit too earlier to go "I TOLD YOU SO", Greenie and co.

15 minutes of preseason game is telling, but lets just wait a little more.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#1672 » by Greenie » Mon Oct 9, 2017 5:06 pm

knicksNOTslick wrote:
Greenie wrote:
NYKnicks6 wrote:We were a 30 win team with Melo here. Did you really expect this team to take a leap and compete this year? We are rebuilding in case you were not aware.Many players need to go, and many new players need to come in before we will even be relevant.

According to the Melo hate crew we got better by trading Melo. You know, addition by subtraction and all that jazz....

:lol:

Well, it doesn't matter because Melo wasn't the answer. He wasn't good enough to lead us to the playoffs in a bad conference (which wasn't too much to ask), and he wasn't bad enough to get us to the top of the lottery.

Trading Melo is still addition by subtraction. We just have to suck pretty bad this season to get a top pick, like we should've done years ago. Keeping Melo assures of picking late lottery again.

One player gets you nothing. So yes, playoffs was too much to ask when you actually sit down and look at not only the rosters Phil gave him but also the coaches. One player is not and never will be the answer. It’s a fuqing team! So no, trading him wasn’t addition by subtraction. It was simply subtraction. This team as currently constructed isn’t getting a top pick either. You still have a weak east and we are filled with offensive players that can get hot. Say hi Timmy, Kanter and Beasley. You’re looking at the 7,8 or 9th pick winning 25-30 games.

So what exactly was accomplished trading Melo for trash? Oh yeah, getting rid of the ball hog that was stopping KP from being the man because he wasn’t running Jeff’s fresh creative system and single handily making us look like trash on defense.

You still don’t get it. You will soon though.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#1673 » by Greenie » Mon Oct 9, 2017 5:08 pm

god shammgod wrote:

i wanna see how he plays this year before i decide if i care. if he doesn't look like he improved a lot this year than trading him might be smart while his value is still really high and before we pay him.

I would still trade him for Simmons or Tatum. Not changing my stance unless KP took a drug and became a different player.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,922

Post#1674 » by Capn'O » Mon Oct 9, 2017 5:09 pm

Fury wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:
Fury wrote:
Played what? We are getting Doncic now which is way better than watching Melo shoot turnaround jumpers

It's more about how we look while doing it... I'm happy we may get a good prospect but we're banking on us batting .1000 drafting which almost never happens. Tanking sucks and I hate it. There's fun tanking and then there's what the Knicks are doing...

Lol in NYC there’s no such thing as fun tanking. People over analyze everything. And last I checked, frank didn’t even play in the last two games so of course that’s no fun

I'm having fun :dontknow:
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
TankCommander17
Bench Warmer

Post#1675 » by TankCommander17 » Mon Oct 9, 2017 5:10 pm

Greenie wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

i wanna see how he plays this year before i decide if i care. if he doesn't look like he improved a lot this year than trading him might be smart while his value is still really high and before we pay him.

I would still trade him for Simmons or Tatum. Not changing my stance unless KP took a drug and became a different player.

Tatum? You want a worse Melo?
Greenie
RealGM

Post#1676 » by Greenie » Mon Oct 9, 2017 5:10 pm

ChaosHamster wrote:And, btw, I think its a bit too earlier to go "I TOLD YOU SO", Greenie and co.

15 minutes of preseason game is telling, but lets just wait a little more.

No it’s not.

“Just trading Melo makes us better”

Melo was the malcontent, right?
He’s why our defense sucked, right?
He’s why Jeff couldn’t run his offense, right?

RIGHT...
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,995

Post#1677 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Oct 9, 2017 5:12 pm

are we worse than the bulls?
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,995

Post#1678 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Oct 9, 2017 5:14 pm

TankCommander17 wrote:
Greenie wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

Tatum? You want a worse Melo?

i don't know if i would trade KP for tatum YET... but tatum is not a worse melo.... da fawk
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Greenie
RealGM

Post#1679 » by Greenie » Mon Oct 9, 2017 5:15 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:are we worse than the bulls?

Defensively?
We are the worst team in the league defensively.

Overall? Nope. Not even close. Too many vets and established young guys.
TankCommander17
Bench Warmer

Post#1680 » by TankCommander17 » Mon Oct 9, 2017 5:15 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:are we worse than the bulls?

Yes. Yes we are. :)

Return to New York Knicks