ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks @ Nyets - The Sequel (Sun, Oct 8th 7:30 PM EST)

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Re: Knicks @ Nyets - The Sequel (Sun, Oct 8th 7:30 PM EST) 

Post#1681 » by IllmaticHandler » Mon Oct 9, 2017 5:15 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:are we worse than the bulls?

The bulls are the standard of suckiness this year? :lol:

**** at least they can win a preseason game. :lol:
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,382

Post#1682 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Oct 9, 2017 5:17 pm

Greenie wrote:

Defensively?
We are the worst team in the league defensively.

Overall? Nope. Not even close. Too many vets and established young guys.

if u think about it, bulls won a game already and has a lot more younger guys than us. our vets are trash lol
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#1683 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Oct 9, 2017 5:18 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:

The bulls are the standard of suckiness this year? :lol:

**** at least they can win a preseason game. :lol:

i'll take that as a yes :lol:
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#1684 » by Greenie » Mon Oct 9, 2017 5:20 pm

In pre-season you have a lot more scrappy play because players are trying to make the team. The Knicks are set. This is our team. No one is playing with urgency. Not even the camp invites because they know they are not making this squad and are headed overseas.

Once the season starts **** will calm down and we will have a season like last year up and down, missing the playoffs and netting a mid lotto pick. We will lose a few more games though. So there’s that.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#1685 » by IllmaticHandler » Mon Oct 9, 2017 5:23 pm

THJ 10 TOs 2 dimes in the last 2 games

Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,255

Post#1686 » by Deeeez Knicks » Mon Oct 9, 2017 5:24 pm

On paper the bulls are the worst team in the league. But with bad coaching a chance we can have them beat
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
NoStatsGuy
Analyst
And1: 1,357

Post#1687 » by NoStatsGuy » Mon Oct 9, 2017 5:24 pm

who cares about pre season, cmon now.

the knicks suck. you all got what you wanted. now embrace the tank you whiny bastards lol
im bout dat action boss
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#1688 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Oct 9, 2017 5:25 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:On paper the bulls are the worst team in the league. But with bad coaching a chance we can have them beat

this is kinda sad lol
Besart19
RealGM
And1: 4,015

Post#1689 » by Besart19 » Mon Oct 9, 2017 5:27 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:On paper the bulls are the worst team in the league. But with bad coaching a chance we can have them beat

this is kinda sad lol

Not, with Blatt, Doncic and Giannis :D
Strength and Honour!
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#1690 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Oct 9, 2017 5:29 pm

Besart19 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:

this is kinda sad lol

i wish we even had a shot at giannis lol

bucks are gonna be running the east once lebron leaves
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,255

Post#1691 » by Deeeez Knicks » Mon Oct 9, 2017 5:31 pm

Personally, I am still a believer in KP. I think he will need a PG and to transition to C to reach his full potential so he may not be ready to take a huge monster leap. We will probably give up on him or run him out of town and he will thrive somewhere else.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,994

Post#1692 » by Capn'O » Mon Oct 9, 2017 5:32 pm

Greenie wrote:In pre-season you have a lot more scrappy play because players are trying to make the team. The Knicks are set. This is our team. No one is playing with urgency. Not even the camp invites because they know they are not making this squad and are headed overseas.

This is true. And it's fine. We've already had a damn injury to Frank.

Once the season starts **** will calm down and we will have a season like last year up and down, missing the playoffs and netting a mid lotto pick. We will lose a few more games though. So there’s that.

We've got a punchers chance to land in the top (bottom) 5. From there, you need ping pong balls regardless.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,916

Post#1693 » by god shammgod » Mon Oct 9, 2017 5:32 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Besart19 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:this is kinda sad lol

you have the bucks, you have philly and boston. teams have themselves positioned ahead of us for the future.
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#1694 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Oct 9, 2017 5:34 pm

god shammgod wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Besart19 wrote:

you have the bucks, you have philly and boston. teams have themselves positioned ahead of us for the future.

knicks gonna knick
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,916

Post#1695 » by god shammgod » Mon Oct 9, 2017 5:35 pm

Capn'O wrote:
Greenie wrote:In pre-season you have a lot more scrappy play because players are trying to make the team. The Knicks are set. This is our team. No one is playing with urgency. Not even the camp invites because they know they are not making this squad and are headed overseas.

We've got a punchers chance to land in the top (bottom) 5. From there, you need ping pong balls regardless.

i was sure the knicks would land around 7 or 8 again but no. this team is worse. not just losing melo worse. it's also the collection of new pieces which are almost all offense only and mediocre at best. this is a top 5 team.
Carl_Karlson
Head Coach
And1: 3,030

Post#1696 » by Carl_Karlson » Mon Oct 9, 2017 5:35 pm

I ain't even mad. We suck ass and it will benefit us in the long run. A year from now, we're going to be happy this season happened. The things that suck are Noah's deal, the glut in the front court, and the THJ contract. He looks exactly like he did the last time he was here. He's probably worse since he's being evaluated by us in preseason games against the fu*king Nets. What's a real SG going to do to him? Gonna get ugly
WTF Post of 2017:

If Phil pulled that off, I would put a put a paper bag over my head, paste a picture of Jeannie on it, poke a hole through the mouth, and give Phil the best BJ he's ever had in his entire life.[/quote]
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,707

Post#1697 » by Knicksfan1992 » Mon Oct 9, 2017 5:36 pm

ChaosHamster wrote:And, btw, I think its a bit too earlier to go "I TOLD YOU SO", Greenie and co.

15 minutes of preseason game is telling, but lets just wait a little more.

Expecting a bunch of guys who have reputations as bad defenders in today's NBA to all of a sudden turn a leaf in today's NBA and become good at it is... well you can pick the adjective here. This isn't the 90's/early 00's anymore. You can't get by by just being tougher than everyone else or trying harder. Offenses are too intricate and players are way more skilled. You need an actual scheme and personnel who can actually execute it instead of trying to not just fuq up. Beasley and THJ are out there just trying not to fuq up. Every possession feels like a team holding on by a string and a mad scramble defensively. No fluidity, no confidence in what they're doing. When NYK brings in real defenders then wake me up? Until then I'm just hoping to see some noticeable improvement from our young role players and see who can really stay and who can GTFO.... Here's a hint most can GTFO.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,994

Post#1698 » by Capn'O » Mon Oct 9, 2017 5:38 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

i was sure the knicks would land around 7 or 8 again but no. this team is worse. not just losing melo worse. it's also the collection of new pieces which are almost all offense only and mediocre at best. this is a top 5 team.

There's the old sham! We can do it!
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
knicksNOTslick
RealGM
And1: 4,633

Post#1699 » by knicksNOTslick » Mon Oct 9, 2017 5:38 pm

Greenie wrote:
knicksNOTslick wrote:
Greenie wrote:

According to the Melo hate crew we got better by trading Melo. You know, addition by subtraction and all that jazz....

:lol:

Well, it doesn't matter because Melo wasn't the answer. He wasn't good enough to lead us to the playoffs in a bad conference (which wasn't too much to ask), and he wasn't bad enough to get us to the top of the lottery.

Trading Melo is still addition by subtraction. We just have to suck pretty bad this season to get a top pick, like we should've done years ago. Keeping Melo assures of picking late lottery again.

One player gets you nothing. So yes, playoffs was too much to ask when you actually sit down and look at not only the rosters Phil gave him but also the coaches. One player is not and never will be the answer. It’s a fuqing team! So no, trading him wasn’t addition by subtraction. It was simply subtraction. This team as currently constructed isn’t getting a top pick either. You still have a weak east and we are filled with offensive players that can get hot. Say hi Timmy, Kanter and Beasley. You’re looking at the 7,8 or 9th pick winning 25-30 games.

So what exactly was accomplished trading Melo for trash? Oh yeah, getting rid of the ball hog that was stopping KP from being the man because he wasn’t running Jeff’s fresh creative system and single handily making us look like trash on defense.

You still don’t get it. You will soon though.

What exactly don't I get? Having Melo here doesn't help us at all so getting rid of him is not a simple subtraction. It's more like an old dude just wasting away his talents on a rebuilding team. What would Melo have done this season differently that he hasn't done in the past few seasons that we haven't made the playoffs? If it's a simple subtraction, what exactly did we lose now that we're without Melo?

We're still not making the playoffs, with or without him on the roster. And if he's only gonna make us a lil better, then he's not worth it for all the drama he will bring this season. Because like it or not, whether he brings it upon himself, there's a lot of off court drama with Melo. I would still roll my chances to getting the top of the lottery without him. Getting rid of Melo also forces our young players to step up instead of deferring to him. You're saying 7-9th pick. I'm just gonna disagree. Besides, trading him is doing him a favor so that he doesn't waste away on a rebuilding team.

And I'm not even a Melo hater. I love Melo the player, I bought my daughter his jersey and everything. I'm just a Knick fan first and wish him the best of luck in OKC. He just simply doesn't make sense here anymore.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#1700 » by IllmaticHandler » Mon Oct 9, 2017 5:38 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
ChaosHamster wrote:And, btw, I think its a bit too earlier to go "I TOLD YOU SO", Greenie and co.

15 minutes of preseason game is telling, but lets just wait a little more.

Expecting a bunch of guys who have reputations as bad defenders in today's NBA to all of a sudden turn a leaf in today's NBA and become good at it is... well you can pick the adjective here. This isn't the 90's/early 00's anymore. You can't get by by just being tougher than everyone else or trying harder. Offenses are too intricate and players are way more skilled. You need an actual scheme and personnel who can actually execute it instead of trying to not just fuq up. Beasley and THJ are out there just trying not to fuq up. Every possession feels like a team holding on by a string and a mad scramble defensively. No fluidity, no confidence in what they're doing. When NYK brings in real defenders then wake me up? Until then I'm just hoping to see some noticeable improvement from our young role players and see who can really stay and who can GTFO.... Here's a hint most can GTFO.

Isnt Orlando one of the worst teams in the NBA?

Return to New York Knicks