ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks sign Trey Burke

Moderators: moocow007, Knickstape1214, magnumt, Capn'O, King of Canada, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, Thorn, GONYK, NoLayupRule, mrpoetryNmotion, Thugger HBC

User avatar
moocow007
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 89,807
And1: 16,018
Joined: Jan 07, 2002
Location: In front of the computer, where else?
       

Re: Knicks sign Trey Burke 

Post#481 » by moocow007 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:18 pm

blueNorange wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
E-Balla wrote:Nate was drafted by the Suns at 21, David Lee was drafted at 30, and Camby/McGrady were great picks. Let's be real here if that was meant as an insult Pooch screwed himself (pun intended) on that one.


Especially TMac. TMac was a steal in one of the thinnest drafts in NBA history. Other than Tim Duncan (who was about as obvious a choice as you can get) going 1st, the only other player besides Duncan and McGrady (who was taken 9th overall) that reached any sort of star level was Chauncey Billups (3rd overall).

The rest? LOL...talk about just an absolutely BRUTAL draft. Adonal "Tin" Foyle 8th overall. Yikes. Here's the rest of the lottery picks:

2 Keith Van Horn PF United States Philadelphia 76ers Utah (Sr.)
4 Antonio Daniels PG United States Vancouver Grizzlies Bowling Green (Sr.)
5 Tony Battie C/F United States Denver Nuggets Texas Tech (Jr.)
6 Ron Mercer SF United States Boston Celtics (from Dallas) Kentucky (So.)
7 Tim Thomas SF United States New Jersey Nets Villanova (Fr.)
8 Adonal Foyle C Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Golden State Warriors Colgate (Jr.)
10 Danny Fortson PF United States Milwaukee Bucks Cincinnati (Jr.)
11 Tariq Abdul-Wahad SF France Sacramento Kings San Jose State (Sr.)
12 Austin Croshere PF United States Indiana Pacers Providence (Sr.)
13 Derek Anderson SG United States Cleveland Cavaliers Kentucky (Sr.)
14 Maurice Taylor PF United States Los Angeles Clippers Michigan (Jr.)

Talk about ugly as frick LOL. When Danny Fortson is the guy with the highest PER in the group, you know you're in trouble.

And it's not like there were any other gems in this draft. The only "steal" would be Captain Jack (Stephen Jackson) in the 2nd round. Brevin Knight (16th overall) and Bobby Jackson (23rd overall) were about the only other guys of any significant merit in this entire draft.

Robinson was also a terrific pick at 21, just as David Lee was a terrific pick at 30. Both these guys (especially Lee) I had mentioned before the draft as possible sleepers. Why? Because they showed that they have a specific thing (or things) they do that is NBA caliber. Doesn't mean they are going to be stars, but means it's highly likely that they'll find minutes in the NBA. Gotta have NBA level talent in something to be able to play in the NBA. More likely for a guy that is bad at things and great at things to find a role than a guy that is good at a lot but not great at anything.

i wonder how keith van horn would do a stretch 4 in todays nba, not dealing with athletic small forwards.

would probably still suck defensively but more of a scorer.


KVH probably would have fit better in today's nba. He's basically the ideal stretch 4. Not only can he shoot but he can actually create some shots and rebound a little. Defense still bad but most stretch 4's are bad defenders.
BAF 1.0 - Celtics
1.James Harden|Lance Stephenson|DJ Augustin
2.Tony Allen|Alec Burks
3.Stanley Johnson|Dante Cunningham
4.Blake Griffin|Quincy Acy|Tony Bradley
5.Andre Drummond|Cristiano Felicio|Andrew Bogut
x.Ike Anigbogu,Jordan Crawford
Jeff Van Gully
RealGM
Posts: 11,577
And1: 5,387
Joined: Jul 31, 2010
Location: Harlem
       

Re: Knicks sign Trey Burke 

Post#482 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:40 pm

moocow007 wrote:
blueNorange wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
Especially TMac. TMac was a steal in one of the thinnest drafts in NBA history. Other than Tim Duncan (who was about as obvious a choice as you can get) going 1st, the only other player besides Duncan and McGrady (who was taken 9th overall) that reached any sort of star level was Chauncey Billups (3rd overall).

The rest? LOL...talk about just an absolutely BRUTAL draft. Adonal "Tin" Foyle 8th overall. Yikes. Here's the rest of the lottery picks:

2 Keith Van Horn PF United States Philadelphia 76ers Utah (Sr.)
4 Antonio Daniels PG United States Vancouver Grizzlies Bowling Green (Sr.)
5 Tony Battie C/F United States Denver Nuggets Texas Tech (Jr.)
6 Ron Mercer SF United States Boston Celtics (from Dallas) Kentucky (So.)
7 Tim Thomas SF United States New Jersey Nets Villanova (Fr.)
8 Adonal Foyle C Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Golden State Warriors Colgate (Jr.)
10 Danny Fortson PF United States Milwaukee Bucks Cincinnati (Jr.)
11 Tariq Abdul-Wahad SF France Sacramento Kings San Jose State (Sr.)
12 Austin Croshere PF United States Indiana Pacers Providence (Sr.)
13 Derek Anderson SG United States Cleveland Cavaliers Kentucky (Sr.)
14 Maurice Taylor PF United States Los Angeles Clippers Michigan (Jr.)

Talk about ugly as frick LOL. When Danny Fortson is the guy with the highest PER in the group, you know you're in trouble.

And it's not like there were any other gems in this draft. The only "steal" would be Captain Jack (Stephen Jackson) in the 2nd round. Brevin Knight (16th overall) and Bobby Jackson (23rd overall) were about the only other guys of any significant merit in this entire draft.

Robinson was also a terrific pick at 21, just as David Lee was a terrific pick at 30. Both these guys (especially Lee) I had mentioned before the draft as possible sleepers. Why? Because they showed that they have a specific thing (or things) they do that is NBA caliber. Doesn't mean they are going to be stars, but means it's highly likely that they'll find minutes in the NBA. Gotta have NBA level talent in something to be able to play in the NBA. More likely for a guy that is bad at things and great at things to find a role than a guy that is good at a lot but not great at anything.

i wonder how keith van horn would do a stretch 4 in todays nba, not dealing with athletic small forwards.

would probably still suck defensively but more of a scorer.


KVH probably would have fit better in today's nba. He's basically the ideal stretch 4. Not only can he shoot but he can actually create some shots and rebound a little. Defense still bad but most stretch 4's are bad defenders.


KVH was ahead of his time, and he still was an all-star-ish player in his prime.

he kicked ass and took names for us before we traded him and doleac for tim thomas and nazr mohammed in the lateral move to end all lateral moves.

i liked KVH better than fugazi, but nazr more than doleac.
que sera sera
User avatar
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
Posts: 40,345
And1: 5,675
Joined: Jul 29, 2005
Location: nyc

Re: Knicks sign Trey Burke 

Post#483 » by blueNorange » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:38 pm

for all the love marbury has been getting, lets not forget the crybaby and cancer he was.

he forced the knicks to trade keith van horn and then forced the knicks to trade kurt thomas(who threatened to beat the crap out of him)
LOL Y U MAD THO?
Image
reub
Veteran
Posts: 2,910
And1: 1,090
Joined: Aug 18, 2015
 

Re: Knicks sign Trey Burke 

Post#484 » by reub » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:29 pm

blueNorange wrote:for all the love marbury has been getting, lets not forget the crybaby and cancer he was.


You would know.
User avatar
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
Posts: 40,345
And1: 5,675
Joined: Jul 29, 2005
Location: nyc

Re: Knicks sign Trey Burke 

Post#485 » by blueNorange » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:42 pm

reub wrote:
blueNorange wrote:for all the love marbury has been getting, lets not forget the crybaby and cancer he was.


You would know.

yeah because i'm a knicks fan, not a fan of a player.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
Image
reub
Veteran
Posts: 2,910
And1: 1,090
Joined: Aug 18, 2015
 

Re: Knicks sign Trey Burke 

Post#486 » by reub » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:45 pm

blueNorange wrote:
reub wrote:
blueNorange wrote:for all the love marbury has been getting, lets not forget the crybaby and cancer he was.


You would know.

yeah because i'm a knicks fan, not a fan of a player.


yeah because you have those certain traits in common with him.
User avatar
MP4LIFE
Veteran
Posts: 2,631
And1: 1,667
Joined: Jul 15, 2016
 

Re: Knicks sign Trey Burke 

Post#487 » by MP4LIFE » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:30 am

Marbury and everyone from the Isiah Thomas era was a massive failure of their own doing. Stop discussing old loser squads and loser players in a positive light. Move on.
Dolan's record as owner of NYK as of 4/12/17: 576-802
User avatar
boomann21
RealGM
Posts: 25,880
And1: 2,549
Joined: Dec 07, 2005
Location: In the Wind

Re: Knicks sign Trey Burke 

Post#488 » by boomann21 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:50 pm



Trey Burke when he was in his Glory.
Image
User avatar
boomann21
RealGM
Posts: 25,880
And1: 2,549
Joined: Dec 07, 2005
Location: In the Wind

Re: Knicks sign Trey Burke 

Post#489 » by boomann21 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:34 pm

And You damn right. It is 25 Pages for my main man Trey Burke.
Image
Jeff Van Gully
RealGM
Posts: 11,577
And1: 5,387
Joined: Jul 31, 2010
Location: Harlem
       

Re: Knicks sign Trey Burke 

Post#490 » by Jeff Van Gully » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:45 pm

reub wrote:
blueNorange wrote:for all the love marbury has been getting, lets not forget the crybaby and cancer he was.


You would know.


:o :o :o
que sera sera
Jeff Van Gully
RealGM
Posts: 11,577
And1: 5,387
Joined: Jul 31, 2010
Location: Harlem
       

Re: Knicks sign Trey Burke 

Post#491 » by Jeff Van Gully » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:47 pm

burke at least fits the direction of young and athletic with some potential left to explore. i like it. if jack's got nothing in the tank, then it works for me.

like jack as a locker room guy, but now you got like 5 PGs if you count baker.

minutes are an issue.
que sera sera
dakomish23
RealGM
Posts: 22,393
And1: 11,553
Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Location: Empire State
     

Re: Knicks sign Trey Burke 

Post#492 » by dakomish23 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:52 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:burke at least fits the direction of young and athletic with some potential left to explore. i like it. if jack's got nothing in the tank, then it works for me.

like jack as a locker room guy, but now you got like 5 PGs if you count baker.

minutes are an issue.


Simple solution. Let the vets waive towels from the bench.
Dkillanyk4lyf wrote:Melo is the reason why we are in the mess we are in now. Acquiring him was the biggest mistake in knicks history.


blueNorange wrote:good thing knicks have kanter because willy looking pedestrian af
User avatar
Governor Dudley
Starter
Posts: 2,083
And1: 402
Joined: Nov 10, 2007

Re: Knicks sign Trey Burke 

Post#493 » by Governor Dudley » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:27 pm

BLACKFEET 2010 wrote:G-League insurance/depth.

I dunno man, we (meaning most of y’all) don’t really seem too cut out for a rebuild.

Most of it is about flexibility (the lack of isn’t on Scott), draft picks and development of the young guys.

Signing Trey Burke is as non risky a move as it gets.
There is literally no downside to anything we have done since Scott has been here. Beas, Sessions, Jack, Burke....all one year minimum contract guys.
I don’t understand why every damn move is met with such overthinking and negativity.


It's in our collective DNA. Were you around for the Demetrius Nichols saga?
The Big O 44
Ballboy
Posts: 31
And1: 17
Joined: Oct 11, 2017

Re: Knicks sign Trey Burke 

Post#494 » by The Big O 44 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:37 pm

GONYK wrote:Probably means Jack is gone.

Now that we signed a young scrub instead of an old one, maybe people will believe that we are rebuilding.

young or old still a scrub

but better for convincing the public they're rebuilding you're right
User avatar
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
Posts: 20,487
And1: 5,488
Joined: Jul 14, 2010
Location: New York City the best city in the world
     

Re: Knicks sign Trey Burke 

Post#495 » by MaseInYourFace » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:37 pm

K P 6 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:the sixers were forming an identity when they went 10-72? I call BS on that. They sucked and thats exactly what we will be doing.

They suck but Brent Brown is a solid coach. He instilled values. They were raving about him during those awful seasons.


I bet that if he were doing the same thing here with that same record he would be absolutely destroyed by most media and fans. Just the way things are here unfortunately.
A new era or error?
User avatar
K P 6
RealGM
Posts: 32,028
And1: 10,136
Joined: Jun 27, 2006
Location: Getting over screens with Gusto.
Contact:
 

Re: Knicks sign Trey Burke 

Post#496 » by K P 6 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:08 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:
K P 6 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:the sixers were forming an identity when they went 10-72? I call BS on that. They sucked and thats exactly what we will be doing.

They suck but Brent Brown is a solid coach. He instilled values. They were raving about him during those awful seasons.


I bet that if he were doing the same thing here with that same record he would be absolutely destroyed by most media and fans. Just the way things are here unfortunately.

We are not patient here. When Lebron is on the way out and Curry is old, we will be on the rise hopefully.
Image
Ntilikina Gang. SMFPB CMFGB SMFMB KMFPB FMFNB
amit wrote:Frank prime will be like 10 ppg. Hes not that kind of PG and we knew it since he got drafted. Thats why scorers players around frank will be the bast for him
bigtimeRC3
Senior
Posts: 526
And1: 268
Joined: Jun 25, 2015
 

Re: Knicks sign Trey Burke 

Post#497 » by bigtimeRC3 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:18 pm

blueNorange wrote:for all the love marbury has been getting, lets not forget the crybaby and cancer he was.

he forced the knicks to trade keith van horn and then forced the knicks to trade kurt thomas(who threatened to beat the crap out of him)


That's why we should never ever build a team around players born in Brooklyn. Nothing good will come out of it.
Jimmit79
Senior
Posts: 739
And1: 281
Joined: Mar 22, 2016
     

Re: Knicks sign Trey Burke 

Post#498 » by Jimmit79 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:22 pm

Knicks have 5 pgs none of them are starting material wtf was the point of signing baker?

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
reub
Veteran
Posts: 2,910
And1: 1,090
Joined: Aug 18, 2015
 

Re: Knicks sign Trey Burke 

Post#499 » by reub » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:58 pm

Jimmit79 wrote:Knicks have 5 pgs none of them are starting material wtf was the point of signing baker?

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk


Baker can play. Frank can be great. Burke is young enough to turn it around. Sessions is good filler. Jack needs to go.
User avatar
robillionaire
Veteran
Posts: 2,597
And1: 1,868
Joined: Jul 12, 2015
Location: Manhattan
       

Re: Knicks sign Trey Burke 

Post#500 » by robillionaire » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:29 pm

bigtimeRC3 wrote:
blueNorange wrote:for all the love marbury has been getting, lets not forget the crybaby and cancer he was.

he forced the knicks to trade keith van horn and then forced the knicks to trade kurt thomas(who threatened to beat the crap out of him)


That's why we should never ever build a team around players born in Brooklyn. Nothing good will come out of it.


I mean the bulls drafted MJ and they did ok :lol:

Return to New York Knicks