ImageImageImageImageImage

Dotson recognized for his defense, comparisons to Shump

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,586

Re: Dotson recognized for his defense, comparisons to Shump 

Post#101 » by mpharris36 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:05 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

outside of being super impressed with dotson the only slight negative I see in his game is he does have a "slower" release. But I don't really see that being too big of an issue outside of having people close out on him quickly before getting the shot off. But he seems to be a good enough shooter to overcome that.

Compared to that clip from what I've seen he shoots faster in-game to the point that a slower release in not a real issue with him. He doesn't compromise his form either. Looking at his natural shot it probably was an issue but it look like he's addressed it already.

He def doesn't compromise his form...I have noticed that.

but even in the game it seems kinda slow because his form he almost starts it down at his hip instead of the chest...but maybe im just being too picky...I guess I see guys like Ryan Anderson or THjr who have super quick releases. But for what we need him to be he probably wont be requried to shoot much off the dribble or should be taken just open shots.

But I like the fact even though he is contested he doesn't change his form which should result in him making a good % of contested shots.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
boomann21
RealGM
And1: 2,777

Post#102 » by boomann21 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:36 pm

Kampuchea wrote:
K P 6 wrote:Dude cuts and every shot he takes look like it's going in. He can def put the ball in the basket. He's been through a lot man. Best of luck to son.

Sounds nothing like Shumpert

For the people with poor reading comprehension skills, they were referring to his Defense not his Offense.
SmoothLefty21
Starter
And1: 2,410

Post#103 » by SmoothLefty21 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:31 pm

His release isn't that slow, it's compact but also pretty low.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,496

Post#104 » by j4remi » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:24 pm

I think his release is okay but he kinda takes a second getting into the shooting motion. But it also feels to me like the delay is much clearer on catch and shoots, off the dribble he's pretty smooth. This is purely off that one highlight clip though, because I didn't really focus on it close enough in games. I'll be on the lookout now though.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#105 » by NoLayupRule » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:51 pm

j4remi wrote:I think his release is okay but he kinda takes a second getting into the shooting motion. But it also feels to me like the delay is much clearer on catch and shoots, off the dribble he's pretty smooth. This is purely off that one highlight clip though, because I didn't really focus on it close enough in games. I'll be on the lookout now though.

id rather he be slow and consistent than otherwise

hes gonna get some open looks and is probably a 3andD guy anyway
Fortune55
Junior
And1: 176

Post#106 » by Fortune55 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:07 pm

Kampuchea wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:Hello, Kampuchea. Couldn't wait another hour until the 12 hours were up, huh?

Just realized my time is still set for Cambodia on this site. I moved out of Cambodia to USA but never updated the time setting on this site, I was wondering why I was blocked until 1AM. :banghead:

Another Cambodian Knicks fan in this b*tch !? Say word where u from.
In the words of J.R. Smith "Get Chicks or Die Trying"
NEW YORK KNICKS

S.O.S my Knicks
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,212

Post#107 » by Kampuchea » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:40 pm

Fortune55 wrote:
Kampuchea wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:Hello, Kampuchea. Couldn't wait another hour until the 12 hours were up, huh?

Just realized my time is still set for Cambodia on this site. I moved out of Cambodia to USA but never updated the time setting on this site, I was wondering why I was blocked until 1AM. :banghead:

Another Cambodian Knicks fan in this b*tch !? Say word where u from.

I'm only honorary Khmer. I lived in Phnom Penh 5 years, my fiance is Khmer and of course our son. I'm working on that visa now for her before bitch ass Trump does something to **** it up.

No doubt, I love Cambodia. I would stay but I want my son to go to school in USA so forced me to come back.

Khnom nek Cambodia. Already feeling cold here for me, going to Phnom Penh late December.
NY 567
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,437

Post#108 » by NY 567 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:37 pm

Hopefully he doesn't airball 3s, blow missed layups, and constantly dribble off his foot like Shump did.

Return to New York Knicks