ImageImageImageImageImage

Woj pod with Ian Begley. Bashing the Knicks for 40mins.

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

FKF
RealGM
And1: 925

Re: Woj pod with Ian Begley. Bashing the Knicks for 40mins. 

Post#141 » by FKF » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:54 am

moocow007 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
Blatt isn't ideal for a rebuilding team. He's got a reputation of being cantankerous, demanding respect from his players instead of earning it and expecting things to go his way or no way (wasn't just Lebron that tuned him out in Cleveland apparently). Plus he's part of the whole Mills conglomerate which immediately gives him a minus in my book. The Knicks would be better off if they want to build a "winning culture" (rather than a "forced boot camp") to go with the other Euro coach Ettiore Messina (Pop's second in command in SA).

honestly I think that means he's perfect for a young rebuliding team. Young rebuilding teams don't have a lot of ego's Blatt expects you to play a certain way and that seems like building a culture to me. Blatt is terrible for an established team with vets because he expects things done his way and LeBron and other vets didn't appreciate that.

I think a young/hungry team is exactly the type of team Blatt would thrive with.

If Porzingis had problems with Jackson "demanding respect" from 27 floors up and only occassionally interacting with the team, I seriously doubt that he'd be ok with someone like Blatt. And you can say that that's a fault of Porzingis or a Porzingis' problem, but at the end of the day, the NBA and star athletes are what they are. And Porzingis would not be the only guy (young or old) that would likely have problems with someone like that. The notion that today's NBA players would thrive in that type of environment is idealistic not realistic IMHO. It's the same idealistic, not realistic notion that surrounded Jackson's hire.

If Porzingis can’t be coached, he needs to go.

Today’s nba players aren’t all skipping meetings and doubting coaching. Please stop with such assessment.
The Spurs accept and respect Popovich, the Rockets accept and respect D’Antoni (in a way Melo and some Knicks didn’t), the Warriors accept and respect Steve Kerr.
Do you think the Knicks would have welcomed Steve Kerr with such open arms and given him so much autonomy had Kerr accepted Phil’s offer instead of the Warriors ? Of course not. Kerr would have failed in Ny, we all know it.

It all comes down to the working culture the owner allows and promotes within his own organization.
As long as Dolan treats star players as bigger pieces of the organization than the head coach or even the president of operations, this franchise is going nowhere.

The Cavaliers are the only one organization having success with one player the bigger man of their organization, but there’s only one LeBron. And even Kyrie wasn’t eventually accepting this kind of a situation.
New-York Knicks fan since 1998, based in Paris, FR.
adjacent2bench
RealGM
And1: 7,519

Post#142 » by adjacent2bench » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:05 pm

Mecca wrote:why is everyone ignoring the fact that kane still think Phil is our PBOB? lmao

Think he was being sarcastic fam. Woj and Begley are talking about Phil as if he's still a part of the organization.
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,325

Post#143 » by Mecca » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:31 pm

adjacent2bench wrote:
Mecca wrote:why is everyone ignoring the fact that kane still think Phil is our PBOB? lmao

Think he was being sarcastic fam. Woj and Begley are talking about Phil as if he's still a part of the organization.

idk lol
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#144 » by dakomish23 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:46 pm

MrProb wrote:As a non-Knicks fan, I see this team as a horribly ran franchise(and still running horribly) that it has this unseeable bad image attach to it whenever I think of NYK.

I don’t hate NY and would love to see this team runs by a team of capable people but I think it’s a fact that this team is one of the worst team to play for(as in bad for
your career but a good city to play at) and I can understand why there’s not much else to say about the Knicks other than bad things (which some people called it bashing)

The truth hurts. Let's hope Perry provides competency that allow us to build towards the future.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,112

Post#145 » by moocow007 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:48 pm

FKF wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
honestly I think that means he's perfect for a young rebuliding team. Young rebuilding teams don't have a lot of ego's Blatt expects you to play a certain way and that seems like building a culture to me. Blatt is terrible for an established team with vets because he expects things done his way and LeBron and other vets didn't appreciate that.

I think a young/hungry team is exactly the type of team Blatt would thrive with.

If Porzingis had problems with Jackson "demanding respect" from 27 floors up and only occassionally interacting with the team, I seriously doubt that he'd be ok with someone like Blatt. And you can say that that's a fault of Porzingis or a Porzingis' problem, but at the end of the day, the NBA and star athletes are what they are. And Porzingis would not be the only guy (young or old) that would likely have problems with someone like that. The notion that today's NBA players would thrive in that type of environment is idealistic not realistic IMHO. It's the same idealistic, not realistic notion that surrounded Jackson's hire.

Today’s nba players aren’t all skipping meetings and doubting coaching. Please stop with such assessment.
The Spurs accept and respect Popovich, the Rockets accept and respect D’Antoni (in a way Melo and some Knicks didn’t), the Warriors accept and respect Steve Kerr.
Do you think the Knicks would have welcomed Steve Kerr with such open arms and given him so much autonomy had Kerr accepted Phil’s offer instead of the Warriors ? Of course not. Kerr would have failed in Ny, we all know it.

It all comes down to the working culture the owner allows and promotes within his own organization.
As long as Dolan treats star players as bigger pieces of the organization than the head coach or even the president of operations, this franchise is going nowhere.

The Cavaliers are the only one organization having success with one player the bigger man of their organization, but there’s only one LeBron. And even Kyrie wasn’t eventually accepting this kind of a situation.

1. The Spurs are not the rule. They are the exception. Otherwise everyone would be like the Spurs.
2. None of those teams have a Phil Jackson mucking and bumbling his way through.
3. When David Blatt can show he has the acumen and chops, not to mention track records of Popovich THEN he can demand respect. To which...Popovich doesn't demand respect, he earns it.
Icandoallthings
Senior
And1: 337

Post#146 » by Icandoallthings » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:09 pm

moocow007 wrote:
FKF wrote:
moocow007 wrote:

1. The Spurs are not the rule. They are the exception. Otherwise everyone would be like the Spurs.
2. None of those teams have a Phil Jackson mucking and bumbling his way through.
3. When David Blatt can show he has the acumen and chops, not to mention track records of Popovich THEN he can demand respect. To which...Popovich doesn't demand respect, he earns it.

Great post I always thought of Pop as a guy who demanded professionalism and buy in to their system.
Respect a feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements. Can't exactly demand that lol.
Jimmit79
Head Coach
And1: 5,251

Post#147 » by Jimmit79 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:34 pm

Before people wanted to fire phil because he was holding back Jeff from streetball basketball now that Phil is gone Jeff is worlds worst coach lol.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,675

Post#148 » by Pointgod » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:27 pm

These guys were spot on about Phil Jackson and especially the Knicks. Phil was an unmitigated disaster and you have to recognize there's an issue when a team in the biggest market can't sign superstars. Hopefully the new regime learns to get out if their own way although they're off to a shaky start with the Hardaway signing.
Jimmit79
Head Coach
And1: 5,251

Re: RE: Re: Woj pod with Ian Begley. Bashing the Knicks for 40mins. 

Post#149 » by Jimmit79 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:45 pm

Pointgod wrote:These guys were spot on about Phil Jackson and especially the Knicks. Phil was an unmitigated disaster and you have to recognize there's an issue when a team in the biggest market can't sign superstars. Hopefully the new regime learns to get out if their own way although they're off to a shaky start with the Hardaway signing.
How many Superstars lined up to sign with Melo before Phil came or how many wanted to come during Ewing era?

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
KnickXxxx
Junior
And1: 172

Post#150 » by KnickXxxx » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:32 pm

Players consistently sign with great situations or maximum money, not great executives.

Great executives put the team in position by making prudent decision with what they have to work with.
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#151 » by Sark » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:36 pm

KnickXxxx wrote:Players consistently sign with great situations or maximum money, not great executives.

Great executives put the team in position by making prudent decision with what they have to work with.

So Phil comes to a team with no cap space, and no picks. Leaves the team with 3 young players with great potential, cap space, and all our draft picks.

But he gets bashed for not signing LeBron, Durant, Aldridge, Gasol, Monroe, or any of the other guys that would have won us a ring.
John Murdoch
General Manager
And1: 7,265

Post#152 » by John Murdoch » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:46 pm

El Poochio wrote:
Read on Twitter

PHIL JACKSON IS AND FOREVER WILL BE A NEW YORK KNICKS LEGEND!!!!!!

Would have been sick if he put all his rings on his toes . He is ur guys version of Loul Deng for us
Magic#1 wrote:We have won two playoff games in two years. If we decide to keep this team for the next two years, maybe it will feel like we won a series.

Return to New York Knicks