ImageImageImageImageImage

Kuzminskas

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

cruwinas
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,531

Kuzminskas 

Post#1 » by cruwinas » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:49 pm

Sorry guys, don't have enough time to sift through all the threads.

Can you share your thought's and Kuuuz this season? In a LT national team training camp he was very good, showed a lot of improvement, especially being more decisive and aggressive. Arguably, he was one of the best ( together with JV) on Team LT during the EuroBasket.

So, what role and how you see him playing for the Knicks this season?

Being LT homer myself I follow LT players everywhere. Knicks have a chance to be young, exciting team. You have a unique phenomenon in Unicorn, plenty of good could happen for you this season.
:crazy:
Fury
RealGM
And1: 14,977

Re: Kuzminskas 

Post#2 » by Fury » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:50 pm

Thought you meant you are a Lance Thomas homer
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,325

Post#3 » by Mecca » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:52 pm

Trash. Corn chips. Fringe NBA player. No move set when attacking, jumper is spotty, defense is horrible.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
cruwinas
Assistant Coach

Post#4 » by cruwinas » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:22 pm

Mecca wrote:Trash. Corn chips. Fringe NBA player. No move set when attacking, jumper is spotty, defense is horrible.

Assessment is way too radical. Take off the blindfolds. he improved his defense and movement off the ball.

it takes time to adjust in the NBA while prior playing pro ball in Europe for the last ~10 years. I think, one year adjustment is enough, he has a good bbiq, I think this season he will be more efficient and more effective. will see.

For the posters, who just want to write some unfounded trash - don't bother. Your so called 'input'' is worthless :nod: :nod: :nod:
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,304

Post#5 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:28 pm

My take:

Not the most talented NBA player
May have shown more this year after a year of adjustment
Won't get the chance because the Knicks will have the following players ahead of him in the rotation: McDermott. Beasley. CLee. Probably Dotson. Maybe LFT, though he's straight ass.

Kuz is "ok". Probably a 9th or 10th man. Knicks have like 13 guys you could easily play ahead of him. Victim of the Knicks #'s game. Might get some time if a trade occurs to CLee, or please God, LFT.
Mecca
RealGM

Post#6 » by Mecca » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:34 pm

cruwinas wrote:
Mecca wrote:Trash. Corn chips. Fringe NBA player. No move set when attacking, jumper is spotty, defense is horrible.

Assessment is way too radical. Take off the blindfolds. he improved his defense and movement off the ball.

it takes time to adjust in the NBA while prior playing pro ball in Europe for the last ~10 years. I think, one year adjustment is enough, he has a good bbiq, I think this season he will be more efficient and more effective. will see.

For the posters, who just want to write some unfounded trash - don't bother. Your so called 'input'' is worthless :nod: :nod: :nod:

Tedosic looks fine. KP looked good year 1. Willy looked good year 1.

If you want my honesty, you got it. If you want me to appeal to your Lativian homer thoughts, I won't. Kuz is trash.
Brooklyn Nets
ITGM
RealGM
And1: 7,970

Post#7 » by ITGM » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:37 pm

If you say his name emphatically, it sounds like you're speaking Klingon.

moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,126

Post#8 » by moocow007 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:40 pm

He's not likely to be getting any playing time unless Perry sheds some players.
vallen
RealGM
And1: 3,058

Post#9 » by vallen » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:48 pm

cruwinas wrote:

you ran into the king of that. but hes not a very solid NBA player. he can go through the motions, and hes a good guy, but at 28 hes not going to progress a whole lot more. hes pretty average, and a 12,13,14,15 man on most other teams.
There's something about an underdog that really inspires the unexceptional.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,495

Post#10 » by j4remi » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:05 pm

He needed to use the preseason to carve out his niche, looked improved at Eurobasket for damned sure but sitting out almost all of preseason and having a rusty, ineffective game when he did get out there finally basically means he lost his best shot at significant minutes to show whether the Eurobasket improvements can carry over to the NBA. That said, he may get more shots than we think because I suspect the team will be blown out and garbage time could be extended. For now, he's all but sure to be outside of the rotation. It's a damned shame too because I really saw promising things in the tournament, simple hesitation moves were getting him into the lane for dunks pretty much one or twice a game and his ability to just put points on the board was on display.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
Mecca
RealGM

Post#11 » by Mecca » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:06 pm

vallen wrote:
cruwinas wrote:

you ran into the king of that. but hes not a very solid NBA player. he can go through the motions, and hes a good guy, but at 28 hes not going to progress a whole lot more. hes pretty average, and a 12,13,14,15 man on most other teams.

I thought I was a homer??? Now I'm a radical hater??? Vallen being vallen.
Brooklyn Nets
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#12 » by HEZI » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:18 pm

He's more of an NBA player than Lance Thomas, I know that much
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,780

Post#13 » by UcanUwill » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:20 pm

He was good in FIBA this year, pretty athletic. But lets be fair, he is barely an NBA player. If he was a shooter, there would be something to get exited at, but he is below average shooter. Roster filler and thats about it.
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,340

Post#14 » by Phish Tank » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:38 pm

Nice guy, but at 28 he's not going to get incrementally better like our young core, so he is who he what he is at the moment. Don't expect much of an improvement on defense and don't expect all the moves used in Eurobasket to translate in the NBA season.

The second season will help, but I think the combo of Lee, McBuckets, Beasley, and sadly Lance will cut his opportunities even further.

Sucks because he isn't terrible in any ways. Just ended up in a weird situation with the Melo trade and such
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,639

Post#15 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:47 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:My take:

Won't get the chance because the Knicks will have the following players ahead of him in the rotation: McDermott. Beasley. CLee. Probably Dotson. Maybe LFT, though he's straight ass.

Kuz is "ok". Probably a 9th or 10th man. Knicks have like 13 guys you could easily play ahead of him. Victim of the Knicks #'s game. Might get some time if a trade occurs to CLee, or please God, LFT.

Yeah, we're too stacked at the SF position. :lol:
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,304

Post#16 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:56 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,639

Post#17 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:06 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

:lol:

I love that drill sergeant guy from this movie.
Dantares
Head Coach
And1: 2,754

Post#18 » by Dantares » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:27 pm

Kuz, lance, beas, doug are all in the same boat. They will be battling for minutes at the back-up 4 and back-up 3. I can't say for sure that any of those guys are better than kuz so we will see how it plays out
"No protectors here. No Lanterns. No Kryptonian. This world will fall like all the others."

cruwinas
Assistant Coach

Post#19 » by cruwinas » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:37 pm

Mecca wrote:
cruwinas wrote:

Tedosic looks fine. KP looked good year 1. Willy looked good year 1.

If you want my honesty, you got it. If you want me to appeal to your Lativian homer thoughts, I won't. Kuz is trash.

Excellent. Join the special club - ignore list. Not gone waste my time on your worthless typing.
NY 567
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,437

Post#20 » by NY 567 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:43 pm

I guess he could get spot minutes at the 3, but with KP, Beasley, LT, McDermott, and Lee holding down the forward spots, and the fact that we have 72 Centers on the roster that'll also get some run at the PF spot, I doubt he gets any burn.

Return to New York Knicks