ImageImageImageImageImage

College Basketball / Draft Thread (2)

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Who do you want if we get end up with a mid lottery pick?

Kevin Knox
19%
Miles Bridges
25%
Hamidou Diallo
6%
Troy Brown Jr
4%
Isaac Bonga
4%
Mikal Bridges
13%
Robert Williams
4%
Collin Sexton
7%
Jaren Jackson Jr.
4%
Rui Hachimura
14%

Total votes: 112

RealGM
And1: 39,189

Re: College Basketball / Draft Thread (2) 

Post#1901 » by 2010 » Fri Dec 8, 2017 4:53 am

IllmaticHandler wrote:
2010 wrote:Gimme these 3:

NYK 1st: Mikal Bridges
CHI 2nd: Isaac Bonga
NYK/LAC 2nd: Billy Preston

PG - Ntilikina | Bonga
SG - Hardaway Jr | Dotson
SF - Bridges | McDermott
PF - Porzingis | Preston
C - Kanter | Hernangomez

(start at 2:57)

If we got Bonga. I would think hard at starting him at PG over Frank depending what Frank looks like after the offseason and the second year.

Bonga cant shoot, but he is more gifted passer than Frank.

I remember when you had mad jokes on him.... :lol:

I am rocking wit him now cuz he has been steadily improving. He looks more and more like a legit tall PG and not just like a SF wit point skills. He got that Lamar Odom vibe to him but even more of a full-time ballhandler.

I can see why you'd consider starting him at the point over Frank if he don't start turning the corner. Bonga attacks and is more of a scoring threat. That alone will open up looks for our offense even if his shot isn't yet respectable.

I'm locked in on Bonga at pick #31.

I no longer think Kostas Antetokounmpo is gonna declare. He been looking mediocre lately and he may go back to school for another year of seasoning. Therefore for our other 2nd I am looking hard at Billy Preston. He is mad talented, skilled, and athletic. The downside is he is very low IQ. But he will likely be available. He currently being investigated at Kansas for some car accident / car controversy he having. Peep him out tho anyway you can in YouTube highlights.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,228

Post#1902 » by DOT » Fri Dec 8, 2017 5:18 am

Spoiler:
2010 wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
2010 wrote:Gimme these 3:

NYK 1st: Mikal Bridges
CHI 2nd: Isaac Bonga
NYK/LAC 2nd: Billy Preston

PG - Ntilikina | Bonga
SG - Hardaway Jr | Dotson
SF - Bridges | McDermott
PF - Porzingis | Preston
C - Kanter | Hernangomez

(start at 2:57)

If we got Bonga. I would think hard at starting him at PG over Frank depending what Frank looks like after the offseason and the second year.

Bonga cant shoot, but he is more gifted passer than Frank.

I remember when you had mad jokes on him.... :lol:

I am rocking wit him now cuz he has been steadily improving. He looks more and more like a legit tall PG and not just like a SF wit point skills. He got that Lamar Odom vibe to him but even more of a full-time ballhandler.

I can see why you'd consider starting him at the point over Frank if he don't start turning the corner. Bonga attacks and is more of a scoring threat. That alone will open up looks for our offense even if his shot isn't yet respectable.

I'm locked in on Bonga at pick #31.

I no longer think Kostas Antetokounmpo is gonna declare. He been looking mediocre lately and he may go back to school for another year of seasoning. Therefore for our other 2nd I am looking hard at Billy Preston. He is mad talented, skilled, and athletic. The downside is he is very low IQ. But he will likely be available. He currently being investigated at Kansas for some car accident / car controversy he having. Peep him out tho anyway you can in YouTube highlights.

If Bonga is available at 31, you take him without hesitation

If we really want him, odds are we'll have to move up into the 20s, which is why I want to keep Lee for a while, I'm thinking we could probably trade Lee and the Chi 2nd to the Bucks for their 1st and one of Delly, Teletovic, or Henson, depending on who they want to give up, which I think would be beneficial to both teams. Hell, maybe we could get away with not even giving up the 2nd, but they'd probably want that in return

Other teams I'd look at would be Utah, Nola, Indy, and Detroit, but a lot can change between now and draft night, and I'd wait to pull the trigger until then. Hardest part of the draft IMO is not just evaluating pure talent, but predicting where you can get talent
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,737

Post#1903 » by Fat » Fri Dec 8, 2017 5:38 am

IllmaticHandler wrote:If Mikal can get his Handle up to Brandon Ingram Level...Forget it about it. :o

Even in college ingram still showed more promise than mikal bridges with handles and creativity.
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#1904 » by IllmaticHandler » Fri Dec 8, 2017 5:44 am

Nyk_Fatboy wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:If Mikal can get his Handle up to Brandon Ingram Level...Forget it about it. :o

Even in college ingram still showed more promise than mikal bridges with handles and creativity.

does not change my original statment.
Fat
RealGM

Post#1905 » by Fat » Fri Dec 8, 2017 7:10 am

IllmaticHandler wrote:
Nyk_Fatboy wrote:

if he's never shown any symptoms of being that kind of ball handler how can you feel he can reach that type of level how does he relate. If he displayed any type of potential to get his handles to that level then ok thats a different story but the signs arent there. Ingram can go one on one, handle in the P&R, shift his body and go different directions with the ball and MK bridges can reach his level of handles? oh the joy id feel if we lucked into a player with a lethal outside jumper, defense and ingrams handles

Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#1906 » by IllmaticHandler » Fri Dec 8, 2017 7:15 am

Nyk_Fatboy wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
Nyk_Fatboy wrote:

if he's never shown any symptoms of being that kind of ball handler how can you feel he can reach that type of level how does he relate. If he displayed any type of potential to get his handles to that level then ok thats a different story but the signs arent there. Ingram can go one on one, handle in the P&R, shift his body and go different directions with the ball and MK bridges can reach his level of handles? oh the joy id feel if we lucked into a player with a lethal outside jumper, defense and ingrams handles

Are you bored? first of all I said IF. So how the fucck am I saying he can reach that type of level. The statement within itself says he is not on his level. its not a matter of fact statement, and was never intended to be. I never said "When" he reaches that level. You seriously reading into something that does not need to be read into that deep. Its why I said my statement still stands, Im not here to debate the issue.
Fat
RealGM

Post#1907 » by Fat » Fri Dec 8, 2017 8:00 am

IllmaticHandler wrote:
Nyk_Fatboy wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

Are you bored? first of all I said IF. So how the fucck am I saying he can reach that type of level. The statement within itself says he is not on his level. its not a matter of fact statement, and was never intended to be. I never said "When" he reaches that level. You seriously reading into something that does not need to be read into that deep. Its why I said my statement still stands, Im not here to debate the issue.

All i did was reply to the statement and give my reasoning on why i dont think he could reach ingrams level of ball handling, If you was hypothetically speaking then my bad. Get out your feelings
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
Fat
RealGM

Post#1908 » by Fat » Fri Dec 8, 2017 8:02 am

if Bagley could get his jumper up too porzingis level forget about it.
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#1909 » by IllmaticHandler » Fri Dec 8, 2017 12:53 pm

Nyk_Fatboy wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
Nyk_Fatboy wrote:

All i did was reply to the statement and give my reasoning on why i dont think he could reach ingrams level of ball handling, If you was hypothetically speaking then my bad. Get out your feelings

Im not in my feelings, like always I am speaking bluntly about something. you replied to the statement twice with your reasoning. The second statement you wrote a book on telling me why cause my i said my statement still stands. How about you get out your clown suit. It was kinda obvious I was hypothetically speaking. There is nothing I said that would suggest it was not. Do you not know what the Fucck "If he could ever" vs "When he does" would mean. You like to poo poo on Mikal for various reasons, so it makes sense why you the only one who felt the need to read deeper into that statement and try to debate it.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#1910 » by IllmaticHandler » Fri Dec 8, 2017 12:54 pm

Nyk_Fatboy wrote:if Bagley could get his jumper up too porzingis level forget about it.

Since you want to play games. If only you were not a bird, you would be a better poster.
Fat
RealGM

Post#1911 » by Fat » Fri Dec 8, 2017 2:06 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
Nyk_Fatboy wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

Im not in my feelings, like always I am speaking bluntly about something. you replied to the statement twice with your reasoning. The second statement you wrote a book on telling me why cause my i said my statement still stands. How about you get out your clown suit. It was kinda obvious I was hypothetically speaking. There is nothing I said that would suggest it was not. Do you not know what the Fucck "If he could ever" vs "When he does" would mean. You like to poo poo on Mikal for various reasons, so it makes sense why you the only one who felt the need to read deeper into that statement and try to debate it.

:lol: you got it bro... Im done with it because it aint even that serious. Hypothetically speaking or not im just giving my opinion on the statement

And i dont sh*t on mikal at all i just dont overrate talent and big them up more than what they actually show. Miles Bridges is my favorite in college ball and i havent been shy to point out he's under performing id take mikal bridges over him right now if the draft started today. It is what it is i never play "favorites"
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
Fat
RealGM

Post#1912 » by Fat » Fri Dec 8, 2017 2:24 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
Nyk_Fatboy wrote:if Bagley could get his jumper up too porzingis level forget about it.

Since you want to play games. If only you were not a bird, you would be a better poster.

says the guy who spends half the time in the thread posting an army of gifs trying to downplay any prospect 3totheheadmelo brings up :lol:
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#1913 » by IllmaticHandler » Fri Dec 8, 2017 2:27 pm

Nyk_Fatboy wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

says the guy who spends half the time in the thread posting an army of gifs trying to downplay any prospect 3totheheadmelo brings up :lol:

Says the dude who does not know me and Melo always mess with each other. It starts from BAT, its the only reason. I mess with Melo on damn near everything basketball related. It doesn't matter what it is. He throws shots at me...I throw shots at him. FOH for trying to read into something you have no idea of. There is a reason why its only Melo I do that to. Worry about your own fuccking self.
Fat
RealGM

Post#1914 » by Fat » Fri Dec 8, 2017 2:48 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
Nyk_Fatboy wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

Says the dude who does not know me and Melo always mess with each other. It starts from BAT, its the only reason. I mess with Melo on damn near everything basketball related. It doesn't matter what it is. He throws shots at me...I throw shots at him. FOH for trying to read into something you have no idea of. There is a reason why its only Melo I do that to. Worry about your own fuccking self.

Point was you cant say nothing about my posting or games i play when i literally click on every page full of gifs and brick jr posts. Your reading to deep.
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
Red Vines
RealGM
And1: 8,575

Post#1915 » by Red Vines » Fri Dec 8, 2017 2:59 pm

Read on Twitter
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#1916 » by IllmaticHandler » Fri Dec 8, 2017 2:59 pm

Nyk_Fatboy wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
Nyk_Fatboy wrote:

Point was you cant say nothing about my posting or games i play when i literally click on every page full of gifs and brick jr posts. Your reading to deep.

I can say what the fucck I want especially when the sarcastic post is in reference to me and what I said. Im reading it correctly. :lol:

me and you don't rock like that.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,372

Post#1917 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Dec 8, 2017 3:00 pm

let's patch this up guys.. we all family here
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Fat
RealGM

Post#1918 » by Fat » Fri Dec 8, 2017 3:08 pm

Red Vines wrote:
Read on Twitter

He can ball, havent watched ucla this year but he looked like a serviceable backup point guard last year.
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
N Y K
RealGM
And1: 8,451

Post#1919 » by N Y K » Fri Dec 8, 2017 3:26 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:Image

let's patch this up guys.. we all family here

:lol: :lol:
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#1920 » by IllmaticHandler » Fri Dec 8, 2017 5:18 pm

How Villanova's Mikal Bridges morphed into potential lottery pick

Draft stock soaring
Bridges was already popping up in 2018 mock drafts prior to the start of the season. His long, lanky body type and high-end athleticism are tailor-made for the NBA, enabling him to be disruptive on the defensive end and explosive offensively.

Bridges proved himself an efficient shooter last year, knocking down 55 percent of his field goal attempts, 39 percent of his threes and 91 percent of his foul shots. But he was often the fourth option on a team featuring Hart, Kris Jenkins and Jalen Brunson. Factor in a dip in production in March and there were serious questions concerning Bridges heading into his junior season. Namely, how would he respond being a focal point of the Villanova offense? And could he find that level of consistency that often alluded him?

Less than a month into the season, those questions have been answered. Through nine games, he's averaging 19.0 points in addition to 6.2 rebounds and 2.3 steals per game. He's shooting 57 percent from the field and a ridiculous 51 percent from three-point range. Bridges was at his best when the lights were brightest — those career-high 28 points against Gonzaga came in front of dozens of NBA scouts at Madison Square Garden.

As a result, Bridges has ensured he will be a first-round pick should he decide to leave Villanova next spring. With more performances like the one he delivered against Gonzaga, the lottery seems like a more and more realistic destination.

Bridges is poised to join Hart as the only first-round picks from Villanova in the last 12 years. He could join perennial All-Star Kyle Lowry as the only Villanova players in the Jay Wright Era who left school early and became first-round picks. But for the next four months, Bridges will be focused on bringing another Big East championship and potentially another national title to Villanova. As he's shown throughout the course of his career, he's not one to get ahead of himself

http://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/villanova-wildcats/villanovas-mikal-bridges-has-turned-himself-into-potential-nba-lottery-pick

Read on Twitter

Return to New York Knicks