ImageImageImageImageImage

College Basketball / Draft Thread (2)

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Who do you want if we get end up with a mid lottery pick?

Kevin Knox
19%
Miles Bridges
25%
Hamidou Diallo
6%
Troy Brown Jr
4%
Isaac Bonga
4%
Mikal Bridges
13%
Robert Williams
4%
Collin Sexton
7%
Jaren Jackson Jr.
4%
Rui Hachimura
14%

Total votes: 112

IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Re: 2018 Draft Thread PART 2 

Post#61 » by IllmaticHandler » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:15 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Nyk_Fatboy wrote:“The first year was always just going to be about learning. Learning a new culture, a new language, how to practice every day,” assistant coach Tommy Lloyd said. “The second year is going to be experiences. He’s going to learn from his own experiences. He’s going to have great experiences and bad experiences. How does he learn from there? Then in Year 3, I think he’s going to be a superstar. That’s the track we’re on.”

“For Rui, year one was a big-time learning year,” Lloyd said. “You’re learning the culture, you’re learning college basketball, you’re learning how to work hard on a daily basis. Year two is going to be an experience year. You’re going to learn from your own mistakes.By year three, in my opinion, he’ll be ready to be a featured star player at the college level

https://www.slipperstillfits.com/2017/10/9/16448458/gonzaga-bulldogs-season-preview-rui-hachimura

i dont know nothing about the japan dude rui but he sounds like a bring along slowly type guy with potential? ima have to see what he looks like this year before riding with this one, im skeptical

still prefer knox right now

I believe I read he's gonna get bunch of playing time this year though. so if he shows out, there is no third year lol, he's going to the draft

He at Zaga thoe. Alot of them cats NEVER come out early...so you never know. Plus he is Japanese raised. They value education over EVERYTHING. Its a strong possibility he might not come out if his parents are against it. its prob one of the reasons why the coach is saying year 3. Might have been a stipulation of the parents sending him there. This is not the American minded parents here. What they say is LAW over there. So it won't be known till the end of the year....if he even is coming out regardless if he shows out.
Knickerbock
Sixth Man
And1: 897

Post#62 » by Knickerbock » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:17 pm

We know our tank is crashing down.. :violin: but....Maybe the knicks playing well is not such a tragic thing after all. :lol:

In the process of winning games... guys like Courtney Lee, Kyle Oquin, McDermott, Jarret Jack, Enes Kanter... are all looking very good. :eyebrows: :eyebrows: :eyebrows:

Sooo..... Maybe we end up flipping some of those guys for future draft picks..?
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,387

Post#63 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:47 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Nyk_Fatboy wrote:“The first year was always just going to be about learning. Learning a new culture, a new language, how to practice every day,” assistant coach Tommy Lloyd said. “The second year is going to be experiences. He’s going to learn from his own experiences. He’s going to have great experiences and bad experiences. How does he learn from there? Then in Year 3, I think he’s going to be a superstar. That’s the track we’re on.”

“For Rui, year one was a big-time learning year,” Lloyd said. “You’re learning the culture, you’re learning college basketball, you’re learning how to work hard on a daily basis. Year two is going to be an experience year. You’re going to learn from your own mistakes.By year three, in my opinion, he’ll be ready to be a featured star player at the college level

https://www.slipperstillfits.com/2017/10/9/16448458/gonzaga-bulldogs-season-preview-rui-hachimura

i dont know nothing about the japan dude rui but he sounds like a bring along slowly type guy with potential? ima have to see what he looks like this year before riding with this one, im skeptical

still prefer knox right now

I believe I read he's gonna get bunch of playing time this year though. so if he shows out, there is no third year lol, he's going to the draft

He at Zaga thoe. Alot of them cats NEVER come out early...so you never know. Plus he is Japanese raised. They value education over EVERYTHING. Its a strong possibility he might not come out if his parents are against it. its prob one of the reasons why the coach is saying year 3. Might have been a stipulation of the parents sending him there. This is not the American minded parents here. What they say is LAW over there. So it won't be known till the end of the year....if he even is coming out regardless if he shows out.

true
i was just saying what I hope happens :lol:
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Spree2Houston
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,857

Post#64 » by Spree2Houston » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:02 pm

Knicks winning games is stressing me out lol I had high hopes of landing a top 5 pick and getting KP's sidekick. Now i'm afraid we're going to turn into the Washington Wizards and peak as a ECF team.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#65 » by IllmaticHandler » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:06 pm

Spree2Houston wrote:Knicks winning games is stressing me out lol I had high hopes of landing a top 5 pick and getting KP's sidekick. Now i'm afraid we're going to turn into the Washington Wizards and peak as a ECF team.

Bro. There is no telling that with a top 5 pick that still would not be the same fate. You speak as if this top 5 player that has not even played was the championship piece.

check where Kwahi Leonard was drafted at, and see where the Spurs ended up with him on the roster. Check where Draymond was drafted at, and see where they ended up with him. Nobody knows nothing untill the cat plays. Top 5 or Top 20.
islanders11040
Head Coach
And1: 6,928

Post#66 » by islanders11040 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:22 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
Spree2Houston wrote:Knicks winning games is stressing me out lol I had high hopes of landing a top 5 pick and getting KP's sidekick. Now i'm afraid we're going to turn into the Washington Wizards and peak as a ECF team.

Bro. There is no telling that with a top 5 pick that still would not be the same fate. You speak as if this top 5 player that has not even played was the championship piece.

check where Kwahi Leonard was drafted at, and see where the Spurs ended up with him on the roster. Check where Draymond was drafted at, and see where they ended up with him. Nobody knows nothing untill the cat plays. Top 5 or Top 20.

Exactly. Whose to say we wont be able to draft the Booker or Myles Turner of this draft while missing out on the Okafor/Russell. Trust Gaines to do his due diligence.
islanders11040
Head Coach
And1: 6,928

Post#67 » by islanders11040 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:24 pm

Curious. Do you guys see this dude as a fit on this team? Does he compliment Frank? I see him being around our new draft positioning (unless we are a playoff team now lol).
N Y K
RealGM
And1: 8,451

Post#68 » by N Y K » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:24 pm

someone needs to make a gaines version of this classic melo piece...

N Y K
RealGM
And1: 8,451

Post#69 » by N Y K » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:25 pm

actually scratch that, you can't recreate such greatness
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#70 » by IllmaticHandler » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:44 pm

islanders11040 wrote:

Curious. Do you guys see this dude as a fit on this team? Does he compliment Frank? I see him being around our new draft positioning (unless we are a playoff team now lol).

I love Sexton. but Im not sure how much of a compliment he is to frank. The dude is a beast of a competitor and is perfect for NY. Just dont think he is needed if Frank is what we think he can be.

Timmy is the biggest Issue going forward, because he locked us into a player that was not really needed so its hard to slide players around. I dont think Tim can thrive @ SF.
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#71 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:49 pm

lets get it
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,920

Post#72 » by F N 11 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:53 pm

If the knicks are good now that means KP is legit and we are not that far away. I know we all wish we had that young wing to go along with Frank and KP. Hopefully we get more picks and use Gaines up lmao.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,588

Post#73 » by Meat » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:56 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:

jesus christ this **** again, do you know what an outlier is?
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#74 » by IllmaticHandler » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:58 pm

Meat wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

Do you know what FOH means?
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,588

Post#75 » by Meat » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:59 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
Meat wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

i dont
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#76 » by IllmaticHandler » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:01 pm

Meat wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
Meat wrote:jesus christ this **** again, do you know what an outlier is?

i dont

You do.... Kick Rocks mofo.
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#77 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:02 pm

don't sleep on my guy perry
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

—In love with Darius Perry’s game. He’s a tremendous passer and a pitbull on the defensive end.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#78 » by IllmaticHandler » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:05 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:don't sleep on my guy perry
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

—In love with Darius Perry’s game. He’s a tremendous passer and a pitbull on the defensive end.

3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#79 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:09 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:don't sleep on my guy perry
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

he showed out last night 8-)
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#80 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:14 pm

6'7 with 7'3 wingspan :o

Return to New York Knicks