ImageImageImageImageImage

Preliminary Look At +/-: Why Kanter Needs To Be Benched

Moderators: moocow007, Knickstape1214, Capn'O, magnumt, Deeeez Knicks, GONYK, NoLayupRule, mrpoetryNmotion, Thugger HBC, j4remi, King of Canada, Thorn

User avatar
FKF
RealGM
Posts: 10,779
And1: 556
Joined: Nov 08, 2001
   

Re: Preliminary Look At +/-: Why Kanter Needs To Be Benched 

Post#241 » by FKF » Sat Nov 4, 2017 4:20 pm

Saw this in another thread but thought this deserves to be in here

Keep it up Enes!

Read on Twitter
Start Frank.
HEZI
RealGM
Posts: 23,313
And1: 6,309
Joined: Nov 16, 2004
 

Re: Preliminary Look At +/-: Why Kanter Needs To Be Benched 

Post#242 » by HEZI » Sat Nov 4, 2017 4:22 pm

FKF wrote:Saw this in another thread but thought this deserves to be in here

Keep it up Enes!

Read on Twitter


Is this the work of Kurt Rambis? :o
DENVER NUGGETS

PG: John Wall / Reggie Jackson / Devin Harris
SG: Demar Derozan / Joe Harris / Sindarius Thornwell / G.Hen
SF: Andre Iguodala / Darius Miller / Josh Huestis
PF: Trevor Booker / Ryan Anderson
C: Brook Lopez / Tarik Black / Willie Reed
User avatar
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
Posts: 40,523
And1: 5,878
Joined: Jul 29, 2005
Location: nyc

Re: Preliminary Look At +/-: Why Kanter Needs To Be Benched 

Post#243 » by blueNorange » Sat Nov 4, 2017 4:23 pm

E-Balla wrote:Y'all so hyped off 2 good games. :lol: I'll revisit the OP with an update 20 games in and hopefully Kanter keeps playing well so I can focus on our Gs (mainly Timmy and Frank) like I originally wanted to.

aww, sorry you made a thread that was terrible the moment you clicked submit.

sorry that in the 2 games since not only has kanter played well, but the guy you want to replace him willy got playing time and looked awful.

:(

nice to know you have an agenda, and lovely to hear you'll bump up your agenda in the future.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
Image
User avatar
Knickstape1214
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 43,315
And1: 21,111
Joined: Jul 16, 2009
Location: Lawyering
Contact:
     

Re: Preliminary Look At +/-: Why Kanter Needs To Be Benched 

Post#244 » by Knickstape1214 » Sat Nov 4, 2017 6:24 pm

I have a lot of analysis (with photos) on Kanter from last night's game here (bunch of good examples of poor defense and pictures of poor defense too) - https://thefrontofficeeye.com/2017/11/04/knicks-suns/
dakomish23
RealGM
Posts: 23,408
And1: 12,305
Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Location: Empire State
     

Re: Preliminary Look At +/-: Why Kanter Needs To Be Benched 

Post#245 » by dakomish23 » Sat Nov 4, 2017 6:56 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:I have a lot of analysis (with photos) on Kanter from last night's game here (bunch of good examples of poor defense and pictures of poor defense too) - https://thefrontofficeeye.com/2017/11/04/knicks-suns/


SKP? I know a guy with those initials, who tried to hire a hitman to kill his wife Turns out he was talking to an undercover cop! :rofl2:

Just got out of jail (he took the plea). Went straight to India.

Wife stayed with him :noway: :noway: :crazy:
Dkillanyk4lyf wrote:Melo is the reason why we are in the mess we are in now. Acquiring him was the biggest mistake in knicks history.


blueNorange wrote:good thing knicks have kanter because willy looking pedestrian af
User avatar
Knickstape1214
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 43,315
And1: 21,111
Joined: Jul 16, 2009
Location: Lawyering
Contact:
     

Re: Preliminary Look At +/-: Why Kanter Needs To Be Benched 

Post#246 » by Knickstape1214 » Sat Nov 4, 2017 7:04 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:I have a lot of analysis (with photos) on Kanter from last night's game here (bunch of good examples of poor defense and pictures of poor defense too) - https://thefrontofficeeye.com/2017/11/04/knicks-suns/


SKP? I know a guy with those initials, who tried to hire a hitman to kill his wife Turns out he was talking to an undercover cop! :rofl2:

Just got out of jail (he took the plea). Went straight to India.

Wife stayed with him :noway: :noway: :crazy:


LOL, yeah, that's not me. :lol: :lol: WTF tho?
reub
Analyst
Posts: 3,088
And1: 1,229
Joined: Aug 18, 2015
 

Re: Preliminary Look At +/-: Why Kanter Needs To Be Benched 

Post#247 » by reub » Sat Nov 4, 2017 8:05 pm

Kanter's WS/48 is at a filthy .219. He's averaging 15 rebounds and 20 points per 36. PER is 25.6! These are incredible numbers!

Plus he makes KP and others so much better by being the banger and setting the hard picks for others.
dakomish23
RealGM
Posts: 23,408
And1: 12,305
Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Location: Empire State
     

Re: Preliminary Look At +/-: Why Kanter Needs To Be Benched 

Post#248 » by dakomish23 » Sat Nov 4, 2017 9:12 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:I have a lot of analysis (with photos) on Kanter from last night's game here (bunch of good examples of poor defense and pictures of poor defense too) - https://thefrontofficeeye.com/2017/11/04/knicks-suns/


SKP? I know a guy with those initials, who tried to hire a hitman to kill his wife Turns out he was talking to an undercover cop! :rofl2:

Just got out of jail (he took the plea). Went straight to India.

Wife stayed with him :noway: :noway: :crazy:


LOL, yeah, that's not me. :lol: :lol: WTF tho?


Pretty sure it was on dateline :lol:

Anybody from Long Island - the video of the cop getting the money happened at Mickey D's across from Nassau Colliseum I believe
Dkillanyk4lyf wrote:Melo is the reason why we are in the mess we are in now. Acquiring him was the biggest mistake in knicks history.


blueNorange wrote:good thing knicks have kanter because willy looking pedestrian af
User avatar
Fat Kat
RealGM
Posts: 20,972
And1: 8,617
Joined: Apr 19, 2004
     

Re: Preliminary Look At +/-: Why Kanter Needs To Be Benched 

Post#249 » by Fat Kat » Sat Nov 4, 2017 9:33 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
cayuck
Junior
Posts: 462
And1: 262
Joined: Dec 08, 2005
Location: NY
Contact:

Re: Preliminary Look At +/-: Why Kanter Needs To Be Benched 

Post#250 » by cayuck » Sat Nov 4, 2017 10:28 pm

Another hidden benefit from Kanter is the screens he sets. He is far and away the best screener on the team at the moment. Most of the flex cuts that McDermott and THJ score on, Kanter is the one setting the backside screen.

Seems to me like people had preconceived opinions of Kanter based on stats or whatnot and had not really watched him. At the very least give him 20 games before you start screaming fire and brimstone over advanced stats.
User avatar
E-Balla
RealGM
Posts: 23,757
And1: 12,625
Joined: Dec 19, 2012
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones
   

Re: Preliminary Look At +/-: Why Kanter Needs To Be Benched 

Post#251 » by E-Balla » Sun Nov 5, 2017 12:43 am

blueNorange wrote:
E-Balla wrote:Y'all so hyped off 2 good games. :lol: I'll revisit the OP with an update 20 games in and hopefully Kanter keeps playing well so I can focus on our Gs (mainly Timmy and Frank) like I originally wanted to.

aww, sorry you made a thread that was terrible the moment you clicked submit.

sorry that in the 2 games since not only has kanter played well, but the guy you want to replace him willy got playing time and looked awful.

:(

nice to know you have an agenda, and lovely to hear you'll bump up your agenda in the future.

You're literally a bottom 5 poster around here wtf are you even talking about? Nice to know I have an agenda? And what exactly is my agenda? Is it not wanting to see people play bad in the starting 5? If so I guess I do have an agenda...
"The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." - Martin Luther King
User avatar
KOA
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,063
And1: 51
Joined: Jan 31, 2005

Re: Preliminary Look At +/-: Why Kanter Needs To Be Benched 

Post#252 » by KOA » Sun Nov 5, 2017 1:08 am

There is no question that Kanter >>> Willy
It's one thing if Kanter was 30+ and detrimental to rebuilding, but he is just 25 (2 years older than Willy).
It's not like Willy has the potential to really be that much better than Kanter is already.

I would love to see Kanter start knocking down some mid-range jumpers to keep the defenses honest.
He's got a nice form and shoots a decent % from the charity stripe so he should definitely be able to add it to his repertoire.

On another note, I would love if we could keep KOQ longer-term on a decent contract. Everyone keeps wanting to use him as trade bait, but he's been such a great cultural fit for the rebuild. Great locker-room presence and amazing intensity when on the court.
User avatar
leventuysal
Rookie
Posts: 1,073
And1: 39
Joined: Oct 17, 2003
Location: istanbul

Re: Preliminary Look At +/-: Why Kanter Needs To Be Benched 

Post#253 » by leventuysal » Sun Nov 5, 2017 2:25 pm

Actually in Utah&OKC his midrange was a legit weapon - & added a few 3s too.
For some reason or other he doesn't use these much in NY.
even beethoven had his critics. name three of them.
User avatar
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
Posts: 16,225
And1: 3,415
Joined: Dec 31, 2005
Location: NYC
Contact:
       

Re: Preliminary Look At +/-: Why Kanter Needs To Be Benched 

Post#254 » by Dr. Detfink » Sun Nov 5, 2017 2:31 pm

Let's make this simple:

1. He's big but he's dumb

2. He's very slow.

3. Limited skill set.

4. No range.
User avatar
Knicksfan20
RealGM
Posts: 16,448
And1: 3,547
Joined: Aug 19, 2006
       

Re: Preliminary Look At +/-: Why Kanter Needs To Be Benched 

Post#255 » by Knicksfan20 » Sun Nov 5, 2017 3:57 pm

KOA wrote:There is no question that Kanter >>> Willy
It's one thing if Kanter was 30+ and detrimental to rebuilding, but he is just 25 (2 years older than Willy).
It's not like Willy has the potential to really be that much better than Kanter is already.

I would love to see Kanter start knocking down some mid-range jumpers to keep the defenses honest.
He's got a nice form and shoots a decent % from the charity stripe so he should definitely be able to add it to his repertoire.

On another note, I would love if we could keep KOQ longer-term on a decent contract. Everyone keeps wanting to use him as trade bait, but he's been such a great cultural fit for the rebuild. Great locker-room presence and amazing intensity when on the court.


Kanter has range out to 3pt. Think it’s just a case of playing to his strengths and maybe coach doesn’t want him taking many jump shots.

Always thought it was funny how people say Kanter doesn’t space for KP. Kanter can shoot, but I think the coaching staff wants Kanter inside and KP on the perimeter.
Timberwolves:13
C: Whiteside/Oquinn/J. Allen/Zizic
PF: Love/Gay/Young/TJ Leaf/Anunoby
SF: T.Young/Gay/Afflalo/Anunoby
SG: Barton/Tyler Johnson/Afflalo/Stuckey
PG: Schroder/Tyler Johnson/Exum/Stuckey
User avatar
Knicksfan20
RealGM
Posts: 16,448
And1: 3,547
Joined: Aug 19, 2006
       

Re: Preliminary Look At +/-: Why Kanter Needs To Be Benched 

Post#256 » by Knicksfan20 » Sun Nov 5, 2017 3:59 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:Let's make this simple:

1. He's big but he's dumb

2. He's very slow.

3. Limited skill set.

4. No range.


These are false accusations.
Timberwolves:13
C: Whiteside/Oquinn/J. Allen/Zizic
PF: Love/Gay/Young/TJ Leaf/Anunoby
SF: T.Young/Gay/Afflalo/Anunoby
SG: Barton/Tyler Johnson/Afflalo/Stuckey
PG: Schroder/Tyler Johnson/Exum/Stuckey
Thugger HBC
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 43,916
And1: 11,322
Joined: Jan 14, 2011
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?
       

Re: Preliminary Look At +/-: Why Kanter Needs To Be Benched 

Post#257 » by Thugger HBC » Sun Nov 5, 2017 4:03 pm

Knicksfan20 wrote:
KOA wrote:There is no question that Kanter >>> Willy
It's one thing if Kanter was 30+ and detrimental to rebuilding, but he is just 25 (2 years older than Willy).
It's not like Willy has the potential to really be that much better than Kanter is already.

I would love to see Kanter start knocking down some mid-range jumpers to keep the defenses honest.
He's got a nice form and shoots a decent % from the charity stripe so he should definitely be able to add it to his repertoire.

On another note, I would love if we could keep KOQ longer-term on a decent contract. Everyone keeps wanting to use him as trade bait, but he's been such a great cultural fit for the rebuild. Great locker-room presence and amazing intensity when on the court.


Kanter has range out to 3pt. Think it’s just a case of playing to his strengths and maybe coach doesn’t want him taking many jump shots.

Always thought it was funny how people say Kanter doesn’t space for KP. Kanter can shoot, but I think the coaching staff wants Kanter inside and KP on the perimeter.


One operates on one side, one operates on the other. that's a primary reason why Kanter and KP work so well, and of course they both command a double.
If winning matters, the role shouldn't.....the results should.

The ...02% of the fanbse be like...http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1542565&start=140#start_here
User avatar
oken
Pro Prospect
Posts: 752
And1: 362
Joined: Jun 24, 2016
   

Re: Preliminary Look At +/-: Why Kanter Needs To Be Benched 

Post#258 » by oken » Sun Nov 5, 2017 7:28 pm

Anybody who thinks he does not have any range should watch some of his videos first. It is obvious that he is deferring to KP because KP is playing nowadays like a 100% mid-range shooter. People constantly having the eyes on his mid-range, comparing it to KP also possibly putting pressure on him becuase this is the first time in his 7 year NBA career that he is considered a starting caliber center.
User avatar
leventuysal
Rookie
Posts: 1,073
And1: 39
Joined: Oct 17, 2003
Location: istanbul

Re: Preliminary Look At +/-: Why Kanter Needs To Be Benched 

Post#259 » by leventuysal » Mon Nov 6, 2017 2:54 am

Enes +20 tonight vs. the Pacers.
Please explain.
even beethoven had his critics. name three of them.
Thugger HBC
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 43,916
And1: 11,322
Joined: Jan 14, 2011
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?
       

Re: Preliminary Look At +/-: Why Kanter Needs To Be Benched 

Post#260 » by Thugger HBC » Mon Nov 6, 2017 3:21 am

leventuysal wrote:Enes +20 tonight vs. the Pacers.
Please explain.

System glitch. :lol:
If winning matters, the role shouldn't.....the results should.

The ...02% of the fanbse be like...http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1542565&start=140#start_here

Return to New York Knicks