ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Tim Hardaway JR Thread

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, Capn'O, FrontOfficeEye, GONYK, NoLayupRule, Deeeez Knicks, Thugger HBC, j4remi, Thorn, mrpoetryNmotion, King of Canada

NYKnicks6
Junior
Posts: 490
And1: 273
Joined: May 19, 2010
Location: MSG
         

Re: Official Tim Hardaway JR Thread 

Post#141 » by NYKnicks6 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:11 pm

bigtimeRC3 wrote:money well spent. dont blame the player. blame the team. hardaway receives too much criticism. hes returning from injury and he is what he is. hes the only player that is willing to let it fly from 3. everyone else thinks that the 3 pt line doesnt exist. team is terrible defensively but dont blame it on tim. hes a winning player while jarret jack and ron baker are losing players.

Care to elaborate?
Image
User avatar
EchelonNYK
RealGM
Posts: 20,490
And1: 6,186
Joined: Jul 14, 2004
Location: Canarsie (Reppin' 90's)
         

Re: Official Tim Hardaway JR Thread 

Post#142 » by EchelonNYK » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:21 pm

bigtimeRC3 wrote:money well spent. dont blame the player. blame the team. hardaway receives too much criticism. hes returning from injury and he is what he is. hes the only player that is willing to let it fly from 3. everyone else thinks that the 3 pt line doesnt exist. team is terrible defensively but dont blame it on tim. hes a winning player while jarret jack and ron baker are losing players.


Image

Hardaway Sr, is that you?
User avatar
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
Posts: 21,259
And1: 6,022
Joined: Jul 14, 2010
Location: New York City the best city in the world
     

Re: Official Tim Hardaway JR Thread 

Post#143 » by MaseInYourFace » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:26 pm

People here are a little extra rough on Timmy though. I feel like there's a tendency here to lie low when he plays well and then beat up on him extra hard when he has a bad game.
A new era or error?
User avatar
Mecca
RealGM
Posts: 28,360
And1: 10,055
Joined: May 26, 2008
Location: Trey & Frank 2K18
     

Re: Official Tim Hardaway JR Thread 

Post#144 » by Mecca » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:27 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:People here are a little extra rough on Timmy though. I feel like there's a tendency here to lie low when he plays well and then beat up on him extra hard when he has a bad game.


BIG Facts.
BAF - Brooklyn Nets
1 | Victor Oladipo | TJ McConnell | Jawun Evans
2 | CJ McCollum | Wayne Ellington | Malachi Richardson
3 | Ben Simmons | Caris LeVert | Damyean Dotson
4 | Trey Lyles | Troy Williams | DFS
5 | JaVale McGee | Kevon Looney
User avatar
EchelonNYK
RealGM
Posts: 20,490
And1: 6,186
Joined: Jul 14, 2004
Location: Canarsie (Reppin' 90's)
         

Re: Official Tim Hardaway JR Thread 

Post#145 » by EchelonNYK » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:32 pm

Never liked the signing from day 1 *Shrugs*
seren
RealGM
Posts: 21,926
And1: 2,004
Joined: Jul 21, 2002

Re: Official Tim Hardaway JR Thread 

Post#146 » by seren » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:38 pm

I think this will be great. Two straight seasons of tank commanding. Then he has only two more years left on the contract.
User avatar
NY2TheBay
General Manager
Posts: 7,968
And1: 3,734
Joined: Sep 28, 2010
Location: On point like Steve Nash.
 

Re: Official Tim Hardaway JR Thread 

Post#147 » by NY2TheBay » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:45 am

Tron Carter wrote:
NY2TheBay wrote:THARD is underpaid.


Image


Lolzzzzz

I’m sleep doe. Way late to the party.
When the grass is cut the snakes will show.
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 45,244
And1: 15,940
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Official Tim Hardaway JR Thread 

Post#148 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:02 am

Sark wrote:
NYKnicks6 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:i'd try to move him for a pick this draft if it's possible. dude is nothing special

With the size of his contract I don't see anyone giving up a first for him. We'd be lucky to get an expiring contract at this point.



Remember that Mills gave him a trade kicker too. We'd have to attach a first round pick to get anyone to take his contract at this point. Especially when you consider that Lou Williams just signed for 3/$24m, and the market for NBA contracts is gonna see a big crunch over the next few years. Most teams are capped out now, and would never want THJ at $17m/year.


Maybe Lee would waive the trade kicker if it meant he'd be traded to a playoff team.
Image
User avatar
Sark
RealGM
Posts: 13,268
And1: 7,841
Joined: Sep 21, 2010
Location: Location: Location:
 

Re: Official Tim Hardaway JR Thread 

Post#149 » by Sark » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:14 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Sark wrote:
NYKnicks6 wrote:With the size of his contract I don't see anyone giving up a first for him. We'd be lucky to get an expiring contract at this point.



Remember that Mills gave him a trade kicker too. We'd have to attach a first round pick to get anyone to take his contract at this point. Especially when you consider that Lou Williams just signed for 3/$24m, and the market for NBA contracts is gonna see a big crunch over the next few years. Most teams are capped out now, and would never want THJ at $17m/year.


Maybe Lee would waive the trade kicker if it meant he'd be traded to a playoff team.



Maybe, but Lee doesn't have one. It's Hardaway that has the trade kicker, and I doubt he would waive it.
#KnicksREBUILD
seren
RealGM
Posts: 21,926
And1: 2,004
Joined: Jul 21, 2002

Re: Official Tim Hardaway JR Thread 

Post#150 » by seren » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:24 am

The contract looks scary bad at this point. People give hard time to Phil for Noah contract. At least Noah had the resume. Mills have the same contract to an absolute nobody. Now we are forced to watch this guy every frigging night.
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 45,244
And1: 15,940
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Official Tim Hardaway JR Thread 

Post#151 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:24 am

Sark wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Sark wrote:

Remember that Mills gave him a trade kicker too. We'd have to attach a first round pick to get anyone to take his contract at this point. Especially when you consider that Lou Williams just signed for 3/$24m, and the market for NBA contracts is gonna see a big crunch over the next few years. Most teams are capped out now, and would never want THJ at $17m/year.


Maybe Lee would waive the trade kicker if it meant he'd be traded to a playoff team.



Maybe, but Lee doesn't have one. It's Hardaway that has the trade kicker, and I doubt he would waive it.


My guess is also that he wouldn't. Oh well, let's hope he gets over his yips because he's stinking up the joint.
Image
NYKnicks6
Junior
Posts: 490
And1: 273
Joined: May 19, 2010
Location: MSG
         

Re: Official Tim Hardaway JR Thread 

Post#152 » by NYKnicks6 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:16 pm

EchelonNYK wrote:Never liked the signing from day 1 *Shrugs*

Agreed. With his age and accomplishments 4 years/40-50 million would have been plenty and in my opinion still a bit of an overpay.
Image
digitaldropoff
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,712
And1: 410
Joined: Sep 06, 2007

Re: Official Tim Hardaway JR Thread 

Post#153 » by digitaldropoff » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:39 pm

seren wrote:The contract looks scary bad at this point. People give hard time to Phil for Noah contract. At least Noah had the resume. Mills have the same contract to an absolute nobody. Now we are forced to watch this guy every frigging night.


I don't really know what signing was worse. Both guys clearly make more money than they should. Noah had a resume, but it was well known that his body was shot. THjr had zero me, minus a solid bench production season in ATL.

For me, they both equal this....
Image
seren
RealGM
Posts: 21,926
And1: 2,004
Joined: Jul 21, 2002

Re: Official Tim Hardaway JR Thread 

Post#154 » by seren » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:53 pm

Hardaway will be paid 54.5 million over three years after the season. He has a trade kicker that brings the number to nearly 63 million. That is 21 million a season. That contract is worse than Noah from this point forward. Dude is averaging 30 percent from three yet taking 7 threes a night. He is shooting the Knicks to the lottery. He is a lost cause. You need two lottery picks to dump his contract and even that may not be enough. Would a team take Hardaway to its cap if we attach KP? Probably not. If I am Dolan, I find who is responsible for this trainwreck and fire him on the spot. Thankfully, we are not trying to win any games for the foreseeable future.
mrcalzone
Veteran
Posts: 2,691
And1: 2,881
Joined: Aug 08, 2013
Location: I support President Trump
     

Re: Official Tim Hardaway JR Thread 

Post#155 » by mrcalzone » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:05 pm

Pharmcat: Knicks could get the vet minimum to Jesus Christ himself and it would still turn out to be a bad deal.


Pharmcat is a boomer cuck
User avatar
Are We Ther Yet
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,597
And1: 3,531
Joined: Nov 07, 2012
       

Re: Official Tim Hardaway JR Thread 

Post#156 » by Are We Ther Yet » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:19 pm

Tim showed upside and was earning his money before injury took him out for 2 months. He came back to a dumpster fire and is struggling to get his game back. In what world is this worse than Noah? It has potential to be a bad deal. Noah? Please.

All or nothing. Everything has to be all or nothing.
a knick fan forum. not a "argue ad nauseam about narratives and biases you hold like blood feuds that span decades" forum, you sentient buttplug. - Marty McFly :lol:
seren
RealGM
Posts: 21,926
And1: 2,004
Joined: Jul 21, 2002

Re: Official Tim Hardaway JR Thread 

Post#157 » by seren » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:22 pm

It is good in the sense that he helps us tank. But as value, it is worse than Noah. It is worse because of the years left. It is worse because his salary will be larger than Noah if traded due to trade kicker. It is worse because you can't just sit him like you do to Noah. You can't waive and stretch him with all the money left. You have to play him and live with the results. Results are disgusting.
User avatar
JohnStarksTheDunk
General Manager
Posts: 7,773
And1: 614
Joined: Aug 16, 2005
Location: Washington, DC
       

Re: Official Tim Hardaway JR Thread 

Post#158 » by JohnStarksTheDunk » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:24 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
BeagleBoss wrote:He's John Starks without the defense.


Exactly


Or JR Smith without the crazy.
User avatar
Knox
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,777
And1: 530
Joined: May 03, 2005
Contact:

Re: Official Tim Hardaway JR Thread 

Post#159 » by Knox » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:28 pm

EchelonNYK wrote:Never liked the signing from day 1 *Shrugs*


I liked the signing just never liked the price tag
Globo Gym

Coach David Joerger
PG Jrue Hollday | T.Burke
SG D.DeRozan | Tony Snell | Glen Rice Jr
SF Nick Young | Omri Caspi |Glen Rice Jr
PF Markieff Morris |Ryan Kelly / Joel Freeland
C A.Varejao | Byron Mullens
shtolky
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,631
And1: 2,720
Joined: Apr 15, 2005

Re: Official Tim Hardaway JR Thread 

Post#160 » by shtolky » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:30 pm

seren wrote:Hardaway will be paid 54.5 million over three years after the season. He has a trade kicker that brings the number to nearly 63 million. That is 21 million a season. That contract is worse than Noah from this point forward. Dude is averaging 30 percent from three yet taking 7 threes a night. He is shooting the Knicks to the lottery. He is a lost cause. You need two lottery picks to dump his contract and even that may not be enough. Would a team take Hardaway to its cap if we attach KP? Probably not. If I am Dolan, I find who is responsible for this trainwreck and fire him on the spot. Thankfully, we are not trying to win any games for the foreseeable future.



Ok now give me a break. The hyperbole is ridiculous.

Return to New York Knicks