ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Tim Hardaway JR Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Re: Official Tim Hardaway JR Thread 

Post#61 » by HEZI » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:53 pm

I actually love the Timmy Shimmy, even if I do hate his shot selection
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#62 » by dakomish23 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:19 am

He will be a fantastic 6th man when we're contending.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
NYKat
RealGM
And1: 4,395

Post#63 » by NYKat » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:43 am

Knicksfan20 wrote:
NYKat wrote:Very inconsistent...

One out of every four games is a good one from him

He’s doing other things besides scoring. He’s an effective player when his shot isn’t falling. He needs to have better selection though.

Agreed, he's better when he ain't forcing shots and let's the game come to him.

His form looks so good on his shot, but hes not a consistent outside threat... He reminds me of Dion waters and I hate Dion Waiters.
Context
RealGM
And1: 12,290

Post#64 » by Context » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:58 am

spree8 wrote:
JohnStarksTheDunk wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:As long as he brings that heart and intensity that Starks has then I’m good with that. I’ve made the same comparison as well.

Except that Starks was an elite defender, who received votes for DPOY. Timmy has been better on defense than expected, but it's still a bit of a stretch to call him even an average defender.

On offense I agree. His streakiness will be a double-edged sword for us. The comparison I've making making is 2013-2014 JR Smith without the crazy.

Comparing THJr to Starks is offensive... it's not even close. Tim doesn't have the heart, defense, or intensity Starks had. Offensively, they're both streaky shooters... that's about it.

the more i think about it i think you nailed it Spree...I do think Timmy will get better and evolve for the better...
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,645

Post#65 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:16 am

Context wrote:
spree8 wrote:
JohnStarksTheDunk wrote:
Except that Starks was an elite defender, who received votes for DPOY. Timmy has been better on defense than expected, but it's still a bit of a stretch to call him even an average defender.

On offense I agree. His streakiness will be a double-edged sword for us. The comparison I've making making is 2013-2014 JR Smith without the crazy.

Comparing THJr to Starks is offensive... it's not even close. Tim doesn't have the heart, defense, or intensity Starks had. Offensively, they're both streaky shooters... that's about it.

the more i think about it i think you nailed it Spree...I do think Timmy will get better and evolve for the better...

Nah, not Spree. Spree was an excellent defensive player. To me, he's head and shoulders better than Timmy. Spree was a 4 time All Star and was All NBA defense (2nd team) one year.

But Tim's got a lot of talent. He has to stop doing stupid things with the ball and play consistent defense for the season. Then we can begin to talk about Spree.
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,212

Post#66 » by Kampuchea » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:02 am

Did someone compare him to Spree?
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,645

Post#67 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:30 am

dakomish23 wrote:He will be a fantastic 6th man when we're contending.

280z is going to take that starting spot from him.
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,707

Post#68 » by Knicksfan1992 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:37 am

NYKat wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:
NYKat wrote:Very inconsistent...

One out of every four games is a good one from him

He’s doing other things besides scoring. He’s an effective player when his shot isn’t falling. He needs to have better selection though.

Agreed, he's better when he ain't forcing shots and let's the game come to him.

His form looks so good on his shot, but hes not a consistent outside threat... He reminds me of Dion waters and I hate Dion Waiters.

The only thing similar between Tim and Dion is that they sometimes force 3s. Timmy is much better at finishing at the rim and is way more efficient because of it.
spree8
RealGM
And1: 5,785

Post#69 » by spree8 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:09 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Context wrote:
spree8 wrote:

Nah, not Spree. Spree was an excellent defensive player. To me, he's head and shoulders better than Timmy. Spree was a 4 time All Star and was All NBA defense (2nd team) one year.

But Tim's got a lot of talent. He has to stop doing stupid things with the ball and play consistent defense for the season. Then we can begin to talk about Spree.

He was just mentioning my username, not comparing him to Sprewell.
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,212

Post#70 » by Kampuchea » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:56 am

Timmy is a good finisher, need to get him going to the rim more on PnR with Zingis. Not guardable

Let him jack a couple threes, not the current 5 a game.
MP4LIFE
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,334

Post#71 » by MP4LIFE » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:48 pm

Kampuchea wrote:Timmy is a good finisher, need to get him going to the rim more on PnR with Zingis. Not guardable

Let him jack a couple threes, not the current 5 a game.

It’s almost 8 per game.

You would know this if you were not watching Thunder games instead.
boomann21
RealGM
And1: 2,777

Post#72 » by boomann21 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:07 pm

I will be utilizing these a lot in tonight's contest. Almost every time Tim does something well there will be a incoming of The Timmy Shimmy. Just a little Warning to ALL MY HaterS!!(Make sure you say the last sentence in Shawty Lo voice so I can sound Player).
ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,563

Post#73 » by ctorres » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:31 pm

islanders11040 wrote:IDK if im the only one but low key hes starting to win me over a bit.

I saw a potential all-star when we signed him in the summer and I've stuck to my guns

He is right under 21 pts, 6 reb, 4 ast, 2 stl on 46/35/84 percent shooting per game over the last 11 games

EchelonNYK wrote:Did we really need a Timmy thread?

Yes

Put some respek on his name
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,274

Post#74 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:43 pm

Don't know how much more Tim will refine his game, but he has potential upside left in his game. That's largely mental and how he sees the game. Right now he seems to have black-out moments when he forgets he has teammates. But if he gets smarter, drives more and chucks less, he can be an impact player since his overall numbers are already quite good despite the flaws in his game.
ImageImageImage
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#75 » by Dr. Detfink » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:55 pm

There are some deficiencies to THJr's game. For one, he could definitely use his dad's killer cross-over because when "Junior drives, it looks more like the "Klown" Cross-Over. He's a great passer after he's given OTC benadryl 50 tab PO. That all comes with time.

I still like Tim Hardaway Jr as a #3 option. He has a killer instinct when he gets the rock from the perimeter.
Zingod
Rookie
And1: 895

Post#76 » by Zingod » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:46 am

3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,387

Post#77 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:20 pm

Zingod wrote:

good stuff
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#78 » by Knicksfan20 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:25 pm

Still Waiting for him to pull off his dads signature move. I saw him do it in one of the summer videos. He would be unstoppable going to the basket if he could pull off that move more often.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,308

Post#79 » by Jalen Bluntson » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:32 pm

boomann21 wrote:Image

I will be utilizing these a lot in tonight's contest. Almost every time Tim does something well there will be a incoming of The Timmy Shimmy. Just a little Warning to ALL MY HaterS!!(Make sure you say the last sentence in Shawty Lo voice so I can sound Player).

Should I check the Toronto Gamethread from that night? LOL Not sure there was many of these in that thread at all. :lol:
:beer: RIP mags
fatalogic
Veteran
And1: 2,147

Post#80 » by fatalogic » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:30 am

Knicksfan20 wrote:Still Waiting for him to pull off his dads signature move. I saw him do it in one of the summer videos. He would be unstoppable going to the basket if he could pull off that move more often.

It's so strange that his handles/ driving are some of his weaknesses given who his dad is. I don't think that stuff is genetic but you'd think his dad would have at least taught him a thing or two.

Return to New York Knicks