ImageImageImageImageImage

No Tank You?

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,310

No Tank You? 

Post#1 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sat Nov 4, 2017 7:12 am

We need that Kawhi Leonard type pick. Talent doesn't always exist in the top 5. I am a subscriber to the odds argument. I would LOVE Ayton...Doncic...yada yada. If we can win with what we are doing right now...DO IT!

Frank/Timmy/Doug/KP/Kanter/Dotson/Billy/Kyle are all playing and besides Dotson and Billy....are a big part of what we're doing. Kyle/Lee/Jack are the only vets getting real minutes. 5-6 dudes 25 and under getting wins. If you don't like that....huh? A HC who can overachieve with this roster. A team that PLAYS **** DEFENSE!!!

A REBUILD IS HAPPENING!

Did you think we were gonna draft 5 starters and 4 bench players in 2 years?

I don't care where we draft. We have to nail that pick. That's ALWAYS the case unless your a contender.

Things could be happening faster than we think. Draft well. Trade well. Sign FA well. Coach well. Play well. Get lucky!

I'm enjoying this. **** YO TANK! If we collapse again....not a good look but, there is your tank. If we nail a rotational talent mid lottery....that's the luck. GSW doesn't have a top 5 pick that they built around. WE DO!

WINNING IS GOOD!

Then in another thought process...

I'm so confused!!! I keep thinking I want a top 5 pick....but...it's fun watching this team win. Timmy is looking promising. KP is a cornerstone...generational player. All star...HOFer potential. Jeff runs a real system. Frank...KANTER..DOUGIE...Draft picks...I'm so confused!

Kanter played EXCELLENT defense that allowed KP the chance to get that block and dunk highlight. He also knocked a dude out with his chin! Again...excellent defense.

I have to say that I want Noah gone so bad...I'll attach a first.

I was so anti Kanter...I'm not sure I was right. He IS playing defense. He is a beast on the glass. He's a bulldozer down low. Yes...he also has ridiculous lapses on D but, he's committed to the game plan. He loves it here. He's probably more focused than he's ever been. I think Billy lacks that passion. Kyle is a lifer to me. Noah is immovable. Billy...wake up or pack up. I think Enes is stealing the moment. I am confused!!! Not to mention he wears out opposing bigs. Advanced stats can suck a fart out of my ass. Kanter is impressing me. Confusion!

Dotson is a keeper. He'll get his turn.

Baker is in Limbo. I still feel he's a glue guy bench role player but, we'll see.

Jack is a great signing. Sessions can go.

Dougie is another intriguing player.

How can I like all of these things and expect a top pick?

This is the world we live in.

This is the land of confusion. :banghead: :crazy:
:beer: RIP mags
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,312

Re: No Tank You? 

Post#2 » by GEOLINK » Sat Nov 4, 2017 7:25 am

If we can keep winning like this with the young guys we have right now, **** the tank then. Let’s get KP some Playoff shine!

All I really wanted was Melo gone, and I got it.
NYKHardKnock
Head Coach
And1: 4,950

Post#3 » by NYKHardKnock » Sat Nov 4, 2017 7:27 am

Who says we cant draft an all star caliber pick 10+? The main objective is to keep KP happy. I'm rooting for wins, last season I was dreading wins.
JBreezeNY
RealGM
And1: 10,734

Post#4 » by JBreezeNY » Sat Nov 4, 2017 7:28 am

It's not even 10 games into the season let's see where the team is by the All Star Break first then start talking about tanking or winning.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,447

Post#5 » by robillionaire » Sat Nov 4, 2017 7:38 am

Nobody is tanking now. The teams that are bad now are just organically bad. The tanking doesn't typically start until the second half of the season.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#6 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sat Nov 4, 2017 7:42 am

JBreezeNY wrote:It's not even 10 games into the season let's see where the team is by the All Star Break first then start talking about tanking or winning.

I get your point but, tank mode with nothing but kids playing is what most people here wanted/expected. Myself included. Why wait to discuss what we see now? Too soon to tell if we can sustain it? Premature ejac...i mean celebration? Fair enough. TTYL :lol:
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#7 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sat Nov 4, 2017 7:48 am

We're winning HUGE with a team we all thought would/wanted to be in the top 5. I get that it's early. I get that it could all change. Point is...do we want it to? Does it really have to?

Is anybody having fun yet? Or does this exciting/promising start have everyone biting their nails and hating life?

FUQ YO TANK!
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,306

Post#8 » by Oscirus » Sat Nov 4, 2017 7:53 am

No Im not attaching draft picks to get rid of bad contracts. Just let them play out.
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#9 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sat Nov 4, 2017 7:58 am

Oscirus wrote:No Im not attaching draft picks to get rid of bad contracts. Just let them play out.

Fair enough...Billy/Kyle/Kanter...who do you trade?
Oscirus
RealGM

Post#10 » by Oscirus » Sat Nov 4, 2017 8:02 am

right now, unless I'm offered a ransom or they're needed for salary matching purposes for a big player, none of them. They all bring different things to this team.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,710

Post#11 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Nov 4, 2017 8:03 am

Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#12 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sat Nov 4, 2017 8:08 am

Oscirus wrote:right now, unless I'm offered a ransom or they're needed for salary matching purposes for a big player, none of them. They all bring different things to this team.

Glue Noah and Billy to the pine? We can't keep all 4 and keep all 4 happy. That's a lot to ask.

45% of our cap is locked up at the 5. Kyle and Kanter are the only ones earning the minutes. Noah...we don't need. Hence the pick talk.

I guess as a fan...ride it out is logical because we have no choice. I just question keeping all 4 being a good decision either way. Billy to D League if that's the case.
Oscirus
RealGM

Post#13 » by Oscirus » Sat Nov 4, 2017 8:11 am

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Oscirus wrote:right now, unless I'm offered a ransom or they're needed for salary matching purposes for a big player, none of them. They all bring different things to this team.

Glue Noah and Billy to the pine? We can't keep all 4 and keep all 4 happy. That's a lot to ask.

45% of our cap is locked up at the 5. Kyle and Kanter are the only ones earning the minutes. Noah...we don't need. Hence the pick talk.

I guess as a fan...ride it out is logical because we have no choice. I just question keeping all 4 being a good decision either way. Billy to D League if that's the case.

Noah's always injured so Im not worried about keeping him happy and until Billy learns how to fight for his job, he can stay glued to the bench. If we can upgrade by getting rid of one of them, fine. But at the moment, I just don't see the path.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#14 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sat Nov 4, 2017 8:22 am

Oscirus wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

Noah's always injured so Im not worried about keeping him happy and until Billy learns how to fight for his job, he can stay glued to the bench. If we can upgrade by getting rid of one of them, fine. But at the moment, I just don't see the path.

3 more years of Noah. Injured or not. Kanter contract. Kyle deserves to be here and will want a raise sooner or later. Billy a promising prospect but, not earning the minutes. I don't see an easy path at all.

I would have to agree that right now...ride it out. I would send Billy to Westchester in that scenario.

Noah...Phil really hurt this rebuild with that decision. He could have ruined everything with some other decisions he was contemplating. I will have to be patient and see what Perry can do with this team.

Rose at 10 million. Ryan Anserson. KP traded for what exactly? No Kanter. No Doug. No Chi 2nd. No Timmy. I'll take the logjam at center over that any day!
NoStatsGuy
Analyst
And1: 1,365

Post#15 » by NoStatsGuy » Sat Nov 4, 2017 9:12 am

im preaching this since early summer. tanking is bs. especially if you have the chane to maybe get ur young players some valuable playoff experience. no tanking team is a contender now, nor did i ever see a contender who tanked for years. this is not how this works...

losers tank
im bout dat action boss
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,218

Post#16 » by KnicksGadfly » Sat Nov 4, 2017 9:21 am

Can't hate it when KP is taking the leap. Love watching him play and grow, and love watching him show up past haters.

However, if winning raises the value of Kanter, Lee, and a bunch of guys, I'm shipping them off when I get the chance.
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,045

Post#17 » by Sark » Sat Nov 4, 2017 9:59 am

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Oscirus wrote:No Im not attaching draft picks to get rid of bad contracts. Just let them play out.

Fair enough...Billy/Kyle/Kanter...who do you trade?

Kyle. His contract is almost up, and he has the most value. Buy low, sell high. Not interested in paying him $15m+ or whatever he is gonna ask for.
Governor Dudley
Starter
And1: 633

Post#18 » by Governor Dudley » Sat Nov 4, 2017 10:26 am

Might could get a mid to late first for Kyle if he keeps ballin. More likely scenario is whatever team wants him just gets him in FA rather than giving up an asset.

Willy has no choice but to sit, Phil signed him to a 3 year contract, and I don't think he has a player option after this year. So if Kanter leaves in FA Willy will be good insurance, if they re-sign Kanter, Willy becomes a good trade chip.
eagle54
Pro Prospect
And1: 502

Post#19 » by eagle54 » Sat Nov 4, 2017 10:36 am

Last year we crashed after Christmas so be patient with tanking or not... At the opposite miami was very bad the 2 first month and after they hope the PO...
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#20 » by NoLayupRule » Sat Nov 4, 2017 12:46 pm

JBreezeNY wrote:It's not even 10 games into the season let's see where the team is by the All Star Break first then start talking about tanking or winning.

plus were in the middle of a home stand

sure, beating Clev was exceptional and the way we've won against some of these teams makes one think we might be able to get a playoff berth

but we will just as likely loose 3-4 games in a row soon enough and all the tank talk will be right back

its a long season

lets appreciate what were seeing for what it is - growth and development as we had hoped for - and allow ourselves to tank later
25 wins is still realistic on the lower side and thats enough for a top 5 shot

Return to New York Knicks