ImageImageImageImageImage

is it time to put respect on Kanters name?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,867

Re: is it time to put respect on Kanters name? 

Post#101 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Nov 7, 2017 9:50 pm

El Poochio wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
El Poochio wrote:
__________ has a nice wingspan despite the empty stats

When Pooch ___________ I ________ on _______

.... . ._.. ._.. ___ .__ ___ ._. ._.. _..

:lol:
ImageImageImage
falcon107
Junior
And1: 20

Post#102 » by falcon107 » Wed Nov 8, 2017 9:07 am

NYKAL wrote:
El Poochio wrote:He doesnt fit my basketball vision and wouldnt want him on my team but cant deny the beast is beasting producing like one of the best big men in the league and top 30 player enjoying the new found freedom free of Westbrook

look at the numbers Sabonis and Olidipo (i know i butchered the spelling) have been putting up on new teams. Westbrooks triple doubles looked nice but, it was awful team basketball.

Westbrook needs good coaching. He could and should utilize the team better instead of taking contested shoots.
I didn't watch OKC this year, but I think the team is better, at least sharing the scoring.
bronxknicksfan1
Starter
And1: 1,184

Post#103 » by bronxknicksfan1 » Wed Nov 8, 2017 9:23 am

Why people are clamoring for Kanter to be traded so Willy can get playing time is beyond me. Willy's best case scenario is what Kanter is right now!
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#104 » by br7knicks » Wed Nov 8, 2017 11:38 am

NYKAL wrote:
El Poochio wrote:He doesnt fit my basketball vision and wouldnt want him on my team but cant deny the beast is beasting producing like one of the best big men in the league and top 30 player enjoying the new found freedom free of Westbrook

look at the numbers Sabonis and Olidipo (i know i butchered the spelling) have been putting up on new teams. Westbrooks triple doubles looked nice but, it was awful team basketball.

this is why i don't get people's infatuation with westbrook.

he's generational talent, but you won't win with him. i've never liked him, never will. that's why i don't make fun of or hate durant for leaving. i would've wanted to leave OKC if i had to play with westbrook too.
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
cruwinas
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,531

Post#105 » by cruwinas » Wed Nov 8, 2017 1:09 pm

Kanter was always good. Just needs a right place. Maybe he found one.
:crazy:
KnickFan33
Veteran
And1: 1,446

Post#106 » by KnickFan33 » Wed Nov 8, 2017 4:23 pm

I think the last two years of playing in OKC has given Kanter Westbrook Repression Syndrome. Having to box out constantly, but not get rewarded with boards so that Westbrook could pad his rebound numbers has given him a voracious appetite for the rebounds.
IAmTheBest
Sixth Man
And1: 1,803

Post#107 » by IAmTheBest » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:42 am

Read on Twitter

say what you want about his ball skills. but RESPEK
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,444

Post#108 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:49 am

I love Enes so long as Jeff - and Courtney Lee - continue to hold him accountable on defense. I love Enes's passion for the game and his tenaciousness on the offensive glass. When the shots aren't falling, that's really important. Plus, he and KP have some ESP going on.
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#109 » by Sark » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:59 am

Just let him grab rebounds and score down low. Stop running the Jack-Kanter fast break. One of the worst basketball atrocities I've ever witnessed.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,917

Post#110 » by blueNorange » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:04 am

LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,237

Post#111 » by Oscirus » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:09 am

He's a beast down low. It will be interesting to see what happens when the knicks play the pelicans.
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
rajajackal
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,313

Post#112 » by rajajackal » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:23 am

kanter's cool, i just don't think he's where we should tie up our money when he's a FA
J0rdan4life42o
General Manager
And1: 263

Post#113 » by J0rdan4life42o » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:59 pm

Yep it's about time. Boy was I wrong about him. Here I thought he was just trade bait being showcased...I let his OKC rep get the best of me. The guy is just a really good center, especially now that he's giving solid effort on defense now. He's not getting torched on pick and rolls and he's putting effort in contesting shots in the paint - not much more you could ask from a guy who's been in the league as long as he has.

Interesting predicament the Knicks find themselves in now...because I can't see how they can have $40+ mil per season locked in at the center position long-term. It's somewhat of a shame b/c Willy has such promise of being a double double center himself, but he's flat out being outplayed by his competition. It would be one thing if Kanter was putting up these numbers and the team was dropping games, but his play is a big part of the 7-5 record (the buckets he can get, especially when the team is down are huge).

I think he's playing the right amount of minutes - it's easy to say if he was at about 30 mpg, he'd probably be a lock for the all star game - but the coaching staff found a really nice balance with him and KOQ (another one who's increased effort on both ends hasn't gone unnoticed). What's great about Kanter is fits with KP seamlessly. They're never in each others way on offense, and on defense, Kanter's ability to bang down low saves KP from working harder than he needs to considering how much he's already shouldering on both ends of the court.

Not sure where the front office goes from here. KOQ is on probably the best bargain contract in the NBA, With his improved play, I can't see how you can trade him now unless he's attached to Noah. Same with Kanter, although his $$$ are more in line with what he's worth (maybe even undervalued), but like I said earlier, you can't trade a guy who's producing as well as he is while helping the team win (and playing so well alongside your #1). And you just can't deal Willy - talk about being on a bargain contract, plus he's shown he can play well with KP as well. They'll have to pull the trigger on at least one of these guys, maybe two, with Noah being untradeable (unless he's packaged with Willy or KOQ, even then, that would be a lot of deadweight for a team to swallow).
DrKnick
Starter
And1: 580

Post#114 » by DrKnick » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:22 pm

Good ol' Kanter. Sticking up for Frank.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,868

Post#115 » by Jeff Van Gully » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:14 am

J0rdan4life42o wrote:Yep it's about time. Boy was I wrong about him. Here I thought he was just trade bait being showcased...I let his OKC rep get the best of me. The guy is just a really good center, especially now that he's giving solid effort on defense now. He's not getting torched on pick and rolls and he's putting effort in contesting shots in the paint - not much more you could ask from a guy who's been in the league as long as he has.

Interesting predicament the Knicks find themselves in now...because I can't see how they can have $40+ mil per season locked in at the center position long-term. It's somewhat of a shame b/c Willy has such promise of being a double double center himself, but he's flat out being outplayed by his competition. It would be one thing if Kanter was putting up these numbers and the team was dropping games, but his play is a big part of the 7-5 record (the buckets he can get, especially when the team is down are huge).

I think he's playing the right amount of minutes - it's easy to say if he was at about 30 mpg, he'd probably be a lock for the all star game - but the coaching staff found a really nice balance with him and KOQ (another one who's increased effort on both ends hasn't gone unnoticed). What's great about Kanter is fits with KP seamlessly. They're never in each others way on offense, and on defense, Kanter's ability to bang down low saves KP from working harder than he needs to considering how much he's already shouldering on both ends of the court.

Not sure where the front office goes from here. KOQ is on probably the best bargain contract in the NBA, With his improved play, I can't see how you can trade him now unless he's attached to Noah. Same with Kanter, although his $$$ are more in line with what he's worth (maybe even undervalued), but like I said earlier, you can't trade a guy who's producing as well as he is while helping the team win (and playing so well alongside your #1). And you just can't deal Willy - talk about being on a bargain contract, plus he's shown he can play well with KP as well. They'll have to pull the trigger on at least one of these guys, maybe two, with Noah being untradeable (unless he's packaged with Willy or KOQ, even then, that would be a lot of deadweight for a team to swallow).

as much as i love all of our centers, kanter and KO aren't enough to move noah. there isn't anything on our roster that could move noah except maybe frank and/or a future first rounder.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,868

Post#116 » by Jeff Van Gully » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:14 am

and, yes. much respect for kanter checking lebron. i hope we check him on the court tomorrow too.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Ewing33
Senior
And1: 172

Post#117 » by Ewing33 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:10 pm

bronxknicksfan1 wrote:Why people are clamoring for Kanter to be traded so Willy can get playing time is beyond me. Willy's best case scenario is what Kanter is right now!

It was understandable before the season to want Willy to get majority of the C minutes but after the first 11 games it's impossible to not like what Kanter is giving you. He's only 25 too, so it's not entirely possible for him to get better defensively. I feel while defensively Willy might have a highher ceiling, your comment couldn't be more accurate.
will
RealGM
And1: 49,385
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#118 » by will » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:14 pm

Come on, B. Season is still way to early to be puttin' some respeck on Kanter's name. He's rebounded and stuck up for Frank...but that's pretty much where it stops. If WIllyH was getting the playing time Kanter is gettin, he would be miles better. Alas, Enes is playing for a contract so he will say all the right stuff.
CoolKids
RealGM
And1: 2,648

Post#119 » by CoolKids » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:49 pm

MP4LIFE wrote:If some random guy we signed as an undrafted free agent was putting up 14 and 10 in 24 mpg people here would be calling him the next big thing.

I still remember when everyone was hyped about Jackie Butler.

Kanters not an undrafted free agent, hes our highest paid player :lol:. That being said hes been very solid and out most consistent guy outside of KP. Kanters talent has never really been in questions just his focus and effort on the defensive end. He still has too many lapses there and you will see someone yelling at him every game when he messes up but its not as bad as it was last year.
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,664

Post#120 » by nedleeds » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:24 pm

bronxknicksfan1 wrote:Why people are clamoring for Kanter to be traded so Willy can get playing time is beyond me. Willy's best case scenario is what Kanter is right now!

Because one is under contract for 1/10th of the other one for more years? Do you guys even look at our cap table and the salary cap?

This needs to be a pinned post

https://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/NYK.html
Chanel Bomber wrote:I'm not coming back. This is my last song, and it sheets over your whole career. Go Knicks though.

Return to New York Knicks