ImageImageImageImageImage

is it time to put respect on Kanters name?

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

fatalogic
Veteran
And1: 2,147

Re: is it time to put respect on Kanters name? 

Post#361 » by fatalogic » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:06 pm

KOQ lack of legs is my biggest Knick pet peeve. I just want to scream every time he gets the ball with the open lane and can do nothing with it because of his lack of bounce.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,050

Post#363 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:44 pm

KnickFan33 wrote:http://hoopshype.com/2017/12/29/enes-kanter-is-enjoying-the-best-season-of-his-career-and-other-players-have-taken-notice/

I was beginning to come down from how high I was on him but, this article has me re-thinking my position yet again.
:beer: RIP mags
Context
RealGM
And1: 11,448

Post#364 » by Context » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:23 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
KnickFan33 wrote:http://hoopshype.com/2017/12/29/enes-kanter-is-enjoying-the-best-season-of-his-career-and-other-players-have-taken-notice/

I was beginning to come down from how high I was on him but, this article has me re-thinking my position yet again.

Kanter has finally gotten a full time opportunity to play. Not to mention, he has heart and can play here.
As long as his contract isnt ridiculous- I think hes a keeper...
Spoiler:
"Against All Odds" "The Watch"
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,050

Post#365 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:39 pm

Context wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

Kanter has finally gotten a full time opportunity to play. Not to mention, he has heart and can play here.
As long as his contract isnt ridiculous- I think hes a keeper...

I think he's a great fit. I love his toughness. That's something Billy lacks. I just don't know how much I want to pay a guy who can't help close out games. I don't even know if I would pay him a dime more than what he's making now. I guess we basically agree. I would prefer he opts in and I have more time to evaluate him. I may have a better idea at the end of this season. Right now...In like him and I'm almost sold on him going forward. Just need more time with a healthy roster.b
:beer: RIP mags
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,175

Post#366 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:18 pm

I don't know that Kanter not finishing games is actually a problem as long as you have a fierce defender at Center to close out the games.

Kanter setting the tone early in the game with energy and offensive production and boarding is actually quite valuable.

AND

Kanter playing at full blast earlier in the game can wear down the other team more which sets us up for the 4th quarter.

I certainly want to see Noah playing in some 4th quarter situations now more than KOQ. As long as Noah really is a live body again, his defensive energy at the end of the games is what has been lacking and he should be able to provide it.

And that's how I'd solve whatever present concerns there are about Kanter closing out games defensively.

If they do trade KOQ, this is pretty much what I expect to see happen.
ImageImageImage
KnickFan33
Veteran
And1: 1,446

Post#367 » by KnickFan33 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:49 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:I don't know that Kanter not finishing games is actually a problem as long as you have a fierce defender at Center to close out the games.

Kanter setting the tone early in the game with energy and offensive production and boarding is actually quite valuable.

AND

Kanter playing at full blast earlier in the game can wear down the other team more which sets us up for the 4th quarter.

I certainly want to see Noah playing in some 4th quarter situations now more than KOQ. As long as Noah really is a live body again, his defensive energy at the end of the games is what has been lacking and he should be able to provide it.

And that's how I'd solve whatever present concerns there are about Kanter closing out games defensively.

Unless we have large leads in the 4th, how to mitigate hack-a-Noah?
KnickXxxx
Junior
And1: 172

Post#368 » by KnickXxxx » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:17 pm

That guy read my topic on here about Kanter opting out.
ohboy109
Rookie
And1: 225

Post#369 » by ohboy109 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:25 pm

https://thunderousintentions.com/2017/04/22/okc-thunder-play-enes-kanter/

thats why i will never respect him, to me he a fraud!
ohboy109
Rookie

Post#370 » by ohboy109 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:27 pm

fatalogic wrote:KOQ lack of legs is my biggest Knick pet peeve. I just want to scream every time he gets the ball with the open lane and can do nothing with it because of his lack of bounce.

he looks mad doofy running up court, cant wait no defense ass is gone!
ohboy109
Rookie

Post#371 » by ohboy109 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:37 pm

blanko wrote:
NewEra wrote:But but but what about WHG? :lol: :nonono:

well Kanter got better with experience. He was horrible on defense and it took him a few year but he learned how to play D. Willy will learn also. But if we have kanter and KP, how much PT cant we give Willy anyway? Could it be possible for us to trade Willy for a versitile 3/4 defensive player. Someone like Mo Harkless perhaps. A long versatile defender that can defend 3's and stretch 4's.

lol u will never have a shot winning with kanter and kp toghether wake the **** up
ohboy109
Rookie

Post#372 » by ohboy109 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:39 pm

Fury wrote:
Boarder Patrol wrote:
NYKAL wrote:
Name me someone in the last few years that HAS posted a positive plus minus playing next to Russ?

Roberson (4x), Adams (3x), Oladipo, Durant, Ibaka (3x), Dion Waiters, Nick Collison (3x), Anthony Morrow, Derek Fisher, Reggie Jackson.

Want more?

Yes

definitely cant resign flawed players
MP4LIFE
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,334

Post#373 » by MP4LIFE » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:41 pm

ohboy109 wrote:
Fury wrote:
Boarder Patrol wrote:
Roberson (4x), Adams (3x), Oladipo, Durant, Ibaka (3x), Dion Waiters, Nick Collison (3x), Anthony Morrow, Derek Fisher, Reggie Jackson.

Want more?

Yes

definitely cant resign flawed players

Too bad we're re-signing him and not resigning him.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#374 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:49 pm

KnickFan33 wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:I don't know that Kanter not finishing games is actually a problem as long as you have a fierce defender at Center to close out the games.

AND

Unless we have large leads in the 4th, how to mitigate hack-a-Noah?

Noah will wear the skin of Allan Houston and then they won't foul him
ImageImageImage
Context
RealGM
And1: 11,448

Post#375 » by Context » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:51 pm

oh...btw way...to "respond" to the original OP's question:

"Oh its time!"
Spoiler:
"Against All Odds" "The Watch"
KnickFan33
Veteran
And1: 1,446

Post#376 » by KnickFan33 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:24 am

AND

Are you a prophet?
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#377 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:26 am

KnickFan33 wrote:

AND

Are you a prophet?

A Pear Rent Lee
ImageImageImage
ohboy109
Rookie

Post#378 » by ohboy109 » Sun Jan 7, 2018 5:31 pm

[quote="NYKAL"]what IS up with the love affair for WH. Kanters is superior is almost every facet of the game and is ONLY 2years older. Why guys want Knater gone but see Willy as a part of the future is beyond me. If anything flip this crap and keep the guy that makes the game easier for KP. Having your buddy on the bench isn't improving the team and he looked like fried piss when he did play[/quote

Why we want him gone cause he put up numbers with okc too, at the end of day it didnt matter to them he was more a negative than positive especially with that contract
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#379 » by NYKAL » Tue Jan 9, 2018 3:05 pm

ohboy109 wrote:
NYKAL wrote:what IS up with the love affair for WH. Kanters is superior is almost every facet of the game and is ONLY 2years older. Why guys want Knater gone but see Willy as a part of the future is beyond me. If anything flip this crap and keep the guy that makes the game easier for KP. Having your buddy on the bench isn't improving the team and he looked like fried piss when he did play[/quote

Why we want him gone cause he put up numbers with okc too, at the end of day it didnt matter to them he was more a negative than positive especially with that contract

what resurrected this? Thought it was done to death but, HERE WE GO: The entire team is playing like **** right now. Come back with this when KP and the rest of them start playing well. If Kanter is a negative at that point then we can have a decent conversation. KP playing like **** makes the game harder for all everyone HE IS SUPPOSED TO BE LEADING.
ohboy109
Rookie

Post#380 » by ohboy109 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:22 am

No excuses they lose with him they can lose without him, he never won here, stop it already.. he has ok offense but the liabilities defensively is his kryptonite not needed with that contract why u think no other teams call the nyk for him that says it all lol..higher your standards nyk never won with a defenseless center wake the **** up

Return to New York Knicks