ImageImageImageImageImage

is it time to put respect on Kanters name?

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

tleikheen
Analyst
And1: 934

Re: is it time to put respect on Kanters name? 

Post#41 » by tleikheen » Sun Nov 5, 2017 7:25 pm

Nobody likes bigs who can't shoot 3s these days. That's also a factor.

This is baloney ....you better have a Center if you want to compete
Knicks Byke
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,210

Post#42 » by Knicks Byke » Sun Nov 5, 2017 8:14 pm

all Billy has to do is outplay him in practice. mfer aint entitled to **** in this league.
Knick4Real
General Manager
And1: 7,148

Post#43 » by Knick4Real » Sun Nov 5, 2017 9:29 pm

I'm surprised how many here don't understand that a successful team is built up of parts that FIT. They may not always be perfect, but they FIT and help make the train move. So many posters are looking for every little thing Kanter does wrong to discount all the things he does right. However, that's not what makes a team a team.

For example, Melo is a talented player who put up big numbers -- but he no longer FIT. Kanter does FIT.

He compliments KP. His hunger to be that junkyard dog and do all the little things is invaluable. His energy is infectious. He's a good locker room guy. He actually WANTS to be here. Plus, he's just damned likable.

You could replace Kanter with a guy who does everything by the book, and he could still not FIT. Kanter just works. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Let him be!
KnixinSix
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,871

Post#44 » by KnixinSix » Sun Nov 5, 2017 10:42 pm

Knick4Real wrote:I'm surprised how many here don't understand that a successful team is built up of parts that FIT. They may not always be perfect, but they FIT and help make the train move. So many posters are looking for every little thing Kanter does wrong to discount all the things he does right. However, that's not what makes a team a team.

For example, Melo is a talented player who put up big numbers -- but he no longer FIT. Kanter does FIT.

He compliments KP. His hunger to be that junkyard dog and do all the little things is invaluable. His energy is infectious. He's a good locker room guy. He actually WANTS to be here. Plus, he's just damned likable.

You could replace Kanter with a guy who does everything by the book, and he could still not FIT. Kanter just works. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Let him be!

Well said. Kanter has been excellent thus far and is actually giving effort on D. So far so good. KP if he keeps this up is a top 5 NBA Superstar and maybe more.

You never know but this team could look attractive to a true big fish star if they continue to build on what they are doing so far.

Stretch Noah (not a cap expert but I believe that would open up some more room) and a couple other good moves and who knows this team with another big FA signing or trade could be legit contender in the East again.
For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2nd Corinthians 4:6
KnickXxxx
Junior
And1: 172

Post#45 » by KnickXxxx » Sun Nov 5, 2017 10:51 pm

Knick4Real wrote:I'm surprised how many here don't understand that a successful team is built up of parts that FIT. They may not always be perfect, but they FIT and help make the train move. So many posters are looking for every little thing Kanter does wrong to discount all the things he does right. However, that's not what makes a team a team.

Bingo.

These guys have found chemistry with each other and that is priceless. Sometimes you don’t know where you are going to find it and something just works. If they keep playing like this I wouldn’t mind keeping Oquinn and Kanter if we can get them at the price of 1 max center.

The big addition the Knicks need to look to bring in is some sort of big time pg.
Knick4Real
General Manager
And1: 7,148

Post#46 » by Knick4Real » Sun Nov 5, 2017 11:46 pm

KnickXxxx wrote:

Bingo.

These guys have found chemistry with each other and that is priceless. Sometimes you don’t know where you are going to find it and something just works. If they keep playing like this I wouldn’t mind keeping Oquinn and Kanter if we can get them at the price of 1 max center.

The big addition the Knicks need to look to bring in is some sort of big time pg.

Thanks for agreeing.

Actually, our biggest need is a legit replacement for Melo at SF. Lee is a 2, as is THJr.
NYKMentality85
Analyst
And1: 1,204

Post#47 » by NYKMentality85 » Mon Nov 6, 2017 12:30 am

I personally really like the guy. I mean, no, he's not a defensive enforcer but i always keep in mind he was a key role player down low in the paint for OKC who contended. He's also polished on offense down low. Can rebound. Double double machine. Is he my dream Center? No. But i do feel he can play winning ball down low.
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,592

Post#48 » by Stannis » Mon Nov 6, 2017 12:54 am

He really cant play "winning ball". That's why OKC limited his PO minutes. He was a liability.

EDIT: Not saying we shouldnt be giving him minutes. We should. But I dont see anything long term. Let him get 15 and 10, then trade him near the deadline.
Free Palestine
YouthMovement
General Manager
And1: 4,754

Post#49 » by YouthMovement » Mon Nov 6, 2017 1:40 am

Stannis wrote:He really cant play "winning ball". That's why OKC limited his PO minutes. He was a liability.

EDIT: Not saying we shouldnt be giving him minutes. We should. But I dont see anything long term. Let him get 15 and 10, then trade him near the deadline.

this. he's doing what he's always done, nothing new. scoring machine down low. very efficient. gets exposed nightly on defense. there's literally a video of billy donovan saying "can't play kanter".
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 13,610

Post#50 » by KnicksGadfly » Mon Nov 6, 2017 1:43 am

NYKMentality85 wrote:I personally really like the guy. I mean, no, he's not a defensive enforcer but i always keep in mind he was a key role player down low in the paint for OKC who contended. He's also polished on offense down low. Can rebound. Double double machine. Is he my dream Center? No. But i do feel he can play winning ball down low.

well, during the playoffs, the guy disappeared. and for good reason.

also, I don't get why guys are saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." Are we the golden state warriors all of a sudden? A contender? We have lots to fix.
DickGrayson
Veteran
And1: 2,080

Post#51 » by DickGrayson » Mon Nov 6, 2017 2:03 am

Kanter is extremely overrated and is one of the most perfect bigs to have next to KP. We got a good frontcourt just need a SF.
KnickXxxx
Junior
And1: 172

Post#52 » by KnickXxxx » Mon Nov 6, 2017 2:42 am

Knick4Real wrote:
KnickXxxx wrote:

Bingo.

Thanks for agreeing.

Actually, our biggest need is a legit replacement for Melo at SF. Lee is a 2, as is THJr.

TH jr is the Knicks starting SF and he plays SG also. Frank plays PG and SG. Knicks should go bpa going forward between the 1-3 position but I definitely think the priority is a quality pg. If the bpa in the next draft is a long defensive Sf then that might be the best move.
Woodsanity
RealGM
And1: 9,723

Post#53 » by Woodsanity » Mon Nov 6, 2017 2:55 am

I give Kanter cred for playing semi-serviceable defense imo. Hope he keeps it up.

Only the playoffs separate the true great ones and frauds.
shmeakone
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,423

Post#54 » by shmeakone » Mon Nov 6, 2017 2:57 am

I don’t see why he’s not our future center. If KP becomes an above average defender I don’t see why this isn’t liable. They play really well together.
My lifetime better have a Knicks championship.
Jim Dolan
Starter
And1: 470

Post#55 » by Jim Dolan » Mon Nov 6, 2017 3:02 am

kanter is well liked everywhere he goes
CowboyBebop
Starter
And1: 2,134

Post#56 » by CowboyBebop » Mon Nov 6, 2017 3:05 am

It’s not as if Kanter doesn’t put any effort in on defense. He tries, it’s just not one of his strengths. The rebounding and offensive efficiency is amazing though which more than makes up for his defensive lapses here and there.
CowboyBebop wrote:Will Lebron be able to get warriors players suspended again so he has another chance to win this year? Or will he fail and get yet another loss on an already unimpressive finals record?
KayCSmooth
Sophomore
And1: 139

Post#57 » by KayCSmooth » Mon Nov 6, 2017 3:15 am

Knick4Real wrote:
KnickXxxx wrote:

Bingo.

Thanks for agreeing.

Facts on facts on facts. Kanter just fits. He does the stuff KP doesn't have to waste energy on! As far as the small forward position, I'm dreaming of a stud 3&d Swiss army knife SF draft pick!
nymets1
Head Coach
And1: 1,353

Post#58 » by nymets1 » Mon Nov 6, 2017 3:21 am

Kanter had 18 rebounds :o
"Bodysurfing and always drive with the windows down"

"UCF 2017 only undefeated national champions"
YouthMovement
General Manager
And1: 4,754

Post#59 » by YouthMovement » Mon Nov 6, 2017 8:10 am

shmeakone wrote:I don’t see why he’s not our future center. If KP becomes an above average defender I don’t see why this isn’t liable. They play really well together.

it's just too early to to decide on that. we're 5-4 and people are acting like we don't need to make changes and upgrades.
falcon107
Junior
And1: 20

Post#60 » by falcon107 » Mon Nov 6, 2017 8:42 am

Zingod wrote:Not many centers got paid this summer tbh.

Noah,Mozgod, Mihinmi all got paid in 2016. Gms are smarter now. I think Kanter gets around 13-16m a year if he opts out. Nobody likes bigs who can't shoot 3s these days. That's also a factor.

He can shoot 3s. But he is told, or he choose not to shoot.
He used mid-range shoots very much in OKC.

Return to New York Knicks