ImageImageImageImageImage

BREAKING: Yet another... Mass shooting. 27 killed, 30 injured In Texas Church

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Iron Mantis
RealGM
And1: 18,508

Re: BREAKING: Yet another... Mass shooting. 27 killed, 30 injured In Texas Church 

Post#61 » by Iron Mantis » Mon Nov 6, 2017 12:05 am

thebuzzardman wrote:
camillepd wrote:There is tremendous power in prayer. Let us pray for the victims and their families of today's mass shooting. In Jesus' name, Amen.

If that worked, and God's omnipotent, which means he knows the past and future, then he would have retroactively stopped it.

Knowing the future is not a curse God is saddled with, but it's an ability He exercises without abusing his power; thus, balancing this ability without encroaching on the free will he endowed intelligent creatures with.

By and large, humans are using their free will to disregard God and commit atrocities like this mass shooting.
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 16,568

Re: BREAKING: Yet another... Mass shooting. 27 killed, 30 injured In Texas Church 

Post#62 » by Im Coming Home » Mon Nov 6, 2017 12:08 am

Bill Pidto wrote:I'm baring all. I don't care how crazy I sound to some of you. I want to have this discussion with y'all. I want to bounce some of this stuff off you guys. No fighting necessary. Let's talk about it and respect all viewpoints.

Something very strange is going on in this world. It's not a coincidence. Things don't just become more extreme for no reason. People don't evolve that way. There's a driving force.

https://www.pri.org/stories/2014-10-23/world-actually-safer-ever-and-heres-data-prove
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#63 » by magnumt » Mon Nov 6, 2017 12:12 am

Just pay your respects and move on!!!

Geez man, some of sicken me...turning EVERYTHING into a political agenda!!! My goodness, what is wrong with some of you?!?! :banghead:

--Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
Bill Pidto
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,530

Post#64 » by Bill Pidto » Mon Nov 6, 2017 12:18 am

magnumt wrote:Just pay your respects and move on!!!

Geez man, some of sicken me...turning EVERYTHING into a political agenda!!! My goodness, what is wrong with some of you?!?! :banghead:

--Mags :beer:

If that's what you want Mags, then so be it. Shut it down. I don't feel anyone has been disrespected. Unfortunately, there's a lot of political discussion that comes with this, and I don't think it's counterproductive to talk about it with our peers and neighbors until people get hostile.

Like I said, I'm open to all ideas and just want to have a discussion. Haven't seen any tempers fly here yet, but maybe I'll take my ideas to the political board when I feel up to it.

RIP to all the victims
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,312

Post#65 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Nov 6, 2017 12:35 am

Iron Mantis wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
camillepd wrote:There is tremendous power in prayer. Let us pray for the victims and their families of today's mass shooting. In Jesus' name, Amen.

If that worked, and God's omnipotent, which means he knows the past and future, then he would have retroactively stopped it.

Knowing the future is not a curse God is saddled with, but it's an ability He exercises without abusing his power; thus, balancing this ability without encroaching on the free will he endowed intelligent creatures with.

By and large, humans are using their free will to disregard God and commit atrocities like this mass shooting.

I'll buy that. Again, mostly I was just being sarcastic.
spree8
RealGM
And1: 5,785

Post#66 » by spree8 » Mon Nov 6, 2017 12:36 am

Bill Pidto wrote:I can present statistics that support my viewpoint as well.

I'm more than fine with regulation on guns. Background checks, proper training. All of that. Absolutely. I just don't believe we should let the government write a new law that forbids us to have them at all. Without guns, there is no American revolution and there is no America. I know it's 2017, but people are still people, and evil is still evil. Tyranny still exists on this planet.

The government will still have guns if they ban them, won't they?

I think if you have any doubts that the government can and will do horrific things in secret, and if you doubt the government would kill innocent people to further an agenda, then I think you haven't been paying attention to world history. Regardless of these recent shootings.

If there is a man walking this earth that is willing to kill 25 people at a church on a Sunday morning, or if there was ever a man like Stephen Paddock who would happily murder almost 60 people at a concert... then how can we be sure that these types of evil people cannot exist in the form of a billionaire with lots of power and influence?

What about all the dictators of the past? What about the dictators who still rule? With all the problems with American politics, what makes American people so sure we can't and won't be ruled under a strict dictatorship some day?

Imagine a person so evil, but with so much power. And imagine he has friends just like him. What is possible then? What type of evil plan can be concoted by such people? Why do we doubt that possibility?

For the record, I've never held or shot a gun in my life.

I'm a gun guy, but I don't own them for that purpose. If citizens ever wanted to fight against the government, they wouldn't last a second. All the info they have on you and technology at their disposal, not to mention drones or other sophisticated weaponry, they'd take you out in a heartbeat.

However, for when shyt hits the fan, like a major natural disaster (look at the looting, and people being raped and murdered after Katrina), or a crazy plague outbreak, possible foreign invaders (knocking out our power grids via cyber warfare), a home burglary, or one of the many other crazy ass things that happen everyday in this world, I'm ready. My AR and AK (semi auto/ no different than a hunting rifle with the exception of an extended clip) give me a good chance against a group of people if it came to that.

With that said, I'm in favor of common sense gun reform (closing the gun show loophole, mandatory registration, mandatory educational & state law courses, thorough background check and psychological evaluation, outlawing modifications that manipulate firearms to fire fully automatic or anything more than semi.. such as bump stocks, etc).

But there will always be a black market to service these crazy bastards regardless of any laws we make, and the rest of us have a right to try and protect ourselves from these sick sobs.
kane2021
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,067
Location: It's OK to feel that way. Just sick of hearing about it all the time.

BREAKING: Yet another... Mass shooting. 27 killed, 30 injured In Texas Church 

Post#67 » by kane2021 » Mon Nov 6, 2017 12:40 am

BKlutch wrote:
kane2021 wrote:I believe the over saturation of media coverage of these events along with social media reactions to them are fueling this. I think if you look at the statistics it’ll show a rise in these events that line up with the social media boom.

I’m a firm believer in that you can’t solve a problem until you understand why. What’s causing this. Why are people doing this. It’s not because of guns. A car or an airplane is just as effective of a weapon. And we’ve seen it.

As far as gun laws. I don’t even bother because many of the laws people want are already in place. Granted it varies state to state. And maybe it shouldn’t. But it’s interesting how many people who call for gun control laws don’t even know the laws because they’ve never tried to legally buy one.

If you a citizen with no felonies, no mental health medical record, no drug or violent misdemeanors, you can get it through the legal channels. It’s a process. But its WAY easier the non legal way.

That’s why it bugs me out how this always goes political. First people are not asking the right questions. Second the political solution is not a solution. I don’t want to argue with people about their political views. I don’t care either way. But just WATCH what happens if it ends up going that direction.

Still. Ask yourself. Why? Why are Americans increasing their efforts to kill in large numbers?

My biggest question is a different one. We have a new federal police force in the streets that was put together for the sole purpose of this thing right here. But they’re not doing anything about it. They’re not even the ones who respond. They’re too busy looking for money, drugs and asset seizures to protect our homeland.

How come no one questions that?

What’s interesting is. That federal police force is something people wanted along with other civil rights violations to protect us from stuff like this. Yet when this happens we don’t question that. We ask for more civil rights violations. I mean I don’t get it.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Really? How many other countries have gun murder rates even remotely similar to ours?
What are the stats for murder by gun vs. murder by knife vs. murder by car vs. murder by airplane?
How many people would have died in Las Vegas if the gunman had been armed only with knives?

I don’t know. Because what difference does it make? Let’s talk about incarceration rates, and number of prisons, and police forces, compared to other countries too then. Talk technology and economics.

Let’s take other countries out of it and discuss demographics of our own country. Why are there ghettos that look like war zones in the same city where there’s suburbs that look like the American dream.

It doesn’t surprise me that we would have problems other countries don’t have. It shouldn’t surprise anyone. Hell we got different problems as individuals in the same place. And different benefits too. People asking to change everyone life because someone else doesn’t have this problem. Be more like someone else? When has that been the American way? We supposed to fight for freedom now we fighting to take it away? Because we got a problem the next man doesn’t? Without even trying to figure out why these people are doing this?

Like I said I really don’t care. I’m already going through things that defy the constitution and violate my rights. But just watch. Keep fighting to take peoples rights away because of actions we don’t understand. Watch what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

Never underestimate the strength of knowledge.

Bring back the physical game and send the softies home.
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#68 » by NoLayupRule » Mon Nov 6, 2017 12:45 am

the only thing that stops a bad man with a gun is when he decides to commit suicide and end the rampage apparently

guns dont kill people
people with guns kill people

enough

if the madman in NY had guns a lot more people would be dead
CrazyKnicks
General Manager
And1: 1,477

Post#69 » by CrazyKnicks » Mon Nov 6, 2017 2:55 am

RIP...

Hope the wounded make out alive, so heartbreaking...

I'll never understand a human being being able to kill innocent human beings like this.
earthmansurfer
Lead Assistant
And1: 839

Post#70 » by earthmansurfer » Mon Nov 6, 2017 7:54 am

Just an update:
A neighbor shot at and chased the shooter with a passerby. If not for him, a legal gun owner, perhaps 50 would have died.
http://www.kens5.com/news/local/resident-shot-at-and-chased-texas-church-shooter/489342521
You heard the shooter had an dishonerable discharge from the Military - He was not allowed to own a gun.
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/922

Bad people don't listen to laws.

We are not going to get the guns from bad people, that ship has sailed. The best thing we can do is to have responsible gun laws. Absolutely forget about getting guns from legal owners though.
mrcalzone
Veteran
And1: 2,910

Post#71 » by mrcalzone » Mon Nov 6, 2017 8:10 am

Democrat shoots Republicans in a gun free zone (Texas law you cant conceal carry in a church). Democrats call for gun control.

Democrat Disgruntled Bernie Bro shoots at Congresspeople on a baseball field, Democrats call for gun control.

I think we need Democrat control, not Gun control.

Do you know what saved this from having even more casualties? A good guy with a gun who fired at the gunman outside the church and ran him off before he could kill even more people!

Norway has some of the highest gun ownership in the world and has the lowest crime in Europe. Plano, Texas has some of the highest gun ownership in the country yet has far lower crime rates than "gun free" liberal paradises like Chicago.

When will you realize that even if you enacted some sort of crazed gun ban, do you think all the bad guys are just gonna say "ok ill turn my gun in now"? The only people turning them in would be law abiding citizens. So now good people will be even more powerless.

Just recognize that some people are awful.
DaddyCool19
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,392

Post#72 » by DaddyCool19 » Mon Nov 6, 2017 9:12 am

Why isn't this considered a terror attack? I mean it was even in a "gods house"
Pr0nzingis
Sophomore
And1: 192

Post#73 » by Pr0nzingis » Mon Nov 6, 2017 10:20 am

mrcalzone wrote:Democrat shoots Republicans in a gun free zone (Texas law you cant conceal carry in a church). Democrats call for gun control.

Democrat Disgruntled Bernie Bro shoots at Congresspeople on a baseball field, Democrats call for gun control.

I think we need Democrat control, not Gun control.

Do you know what saved this from having even more casualties? A good guy with a gun who fired at the gunman outside the church and ran him off before he could kill even more people!

Norway has some of the highest gun ownership in the world and has the lowest crime in Europe. Plano, Texas has some of the highest gun ownership in the country yet has far lower crime rates than "gun free" liberal paradises like Chicago.

When will you realize that even if you enacted some sort of crazed gun ban, do you think all the bad guys are just gonna say "ok ill turn my gun in now"? The only people turning them in would be law abiding citizens. So now good people will be even more powerless.

Just recognize that some people are awful.

The usual stupidity and ignorance of republicans.

“Yes, there’s a high percentage of gun ownership in Norway," she says, "but those guns are used mainly one week in the year during the hunting of elk season ... the rest of the year it’s locked down and stored.”

“The police has not been armed in Norway,” Seierstad says. “People in the US could say, ‘Well, isn’t that scary?’ Well when the police is not armed, the drug dealer is not armed, the criminals are not armed, because no one is armed.”

Yep the guns are out of control in Norway!

Norway always had restrictive laws on gun ownership, you have to have a licence, you can't buy automatic weapons, police can enter you house at any time to see if you are complying with the law of how a weapon must be stored etc...

After some nut circumvent those laws and got himself a automatic weapon and killed a lot of people, Norway immediately made a committed to review those laws and tight them. Just one mass shooting.

US you have your weekly mass shooting, and nothing is done.

Not going to bother with the rest of the **** that rolled out of your mouth.
aq_ua
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,206

Post#74 » by aq_ua » Mon Nov 6, 2017 10:51 am

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/0/one-mass-shooting-every-day-seven-facts-gun-violence-america/

There's a lot to take in here. Mass shootings are horrible, they happen at an alarming frequency of every 2 months, and they still only account for 3% of all gun related homicides.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,528

Post#75 » by Fat Kat » Mon Nov 6, 2017 12:35 pm

DaddyCool19 wrote:Why isn't this considered a terror attack? I mean it was even in a "gods house"

All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#76 » by IllmaticHandler » Mon Nov 6, 2017 1:20 pm

Whenever it's not a Muslim. The tone of the thread always is different, and certain posters have nothing to say....I mean damn don't make it so obvious. SMH!
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,387

Post#77 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Nov 6, 2017 1:39 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:Whenever it's not a Muslim. The tone of the thread always is different, and certain posters have nothing to say....I mean damn don't make it so obvious. SMH!

It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,785

Post#78 » by UcanUwill » Mon Nov 6, 2017 2:14 pm

Synciere wrote:
Bill Pidto wrote:
Synciere wrote:Shout out to all those who think we still need guns on the street

All I want to say to this is.... do you really think gun laws would have stopped this lunatic from killing a bunch of people today? Should we ban automobiles as well?

Murderers will murder. People who want to kill 20-50 people at once with one weapon, will find a way to do it. They will find a gun. Guns will not go away.

Hitler, as well as many MANY another dictators who killed their own people in MASS, all took guns away from their people first. And look at what's happening here in the US now. Certainly a movement by the elite to take guns. And I'd hate to open up conspiracy theories in this thread, and I'm not saying every mass shooting is a conspiracy, but isn't all of this stuff quite convenient for a regime trying to take away guns from a reluctant society? What better way to get people to submit to that idea than to keep shooting them dead?

The media pounds it into our heads every single day. How many lives have the media saved?

And if you are going to ask me how the government or some secret regime can organize such crimes? Refer to the assasination of JFK, and how the CIA til this day is still trying to cover up what happened. Trump is trying to release the documents on JFK and the CIA continues to push back. Why?

All I know is, if these people can get away with murdering the President, they can get away with just about anything, especially in 2017.

Watch the movie Manchuria Candidate. Research MK Ultra and the Monarch Program.

Simple answer to your question: YES!!!!

Look at the countries with real gun laws and you'll see that they don't have these mass shootings. Hold on to your Manchuria candidate fiction if you like; the numbers on this are clear as Day.

I agree. I live in a country with strict gun laws, and guess what, no mass shootings. Getting a gun is nearly impossible here, which is good, the idea of having killing tool as a right, is just stupid to begin with. I am suicidal person, if I was American, I am confident I would have blown my brains out long time ago. In America, even if one proclaimed dangerous, and unable to legally own a gun, he can easily get one illeagally, because it is common as air. In my country you would never get a gun, best shot at it would probably be pickpocketing policeman or smth. Americans who say that stricter gun laws wouldn't change a thing are living in the dumbest bubble, and just do not see straight facts. Didn't want to go political or to spread agenda in this sad thread, but this is just sad reality, and sensible people need to finally stand up and change something in this country, to shut down these NRA right wingers once and for all. Gun laws should be sensible and very strict, period.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,785

Post#79 » by UcanUwill » Mon Nov 6, 2017 2:20 pm

movingon wrote:
Bill Pidto wrote:
Synciere wrote:Shout out to all those who think we still need guns on the street

All I want to say to this is.... do you really think gun laws would have stopped this lunatic from killing a bunch of people today? Should we ban automobiles as well?

Believe it or not, I do really think that. Certainly seems to me like the fatality rate is higher when there's guns around. Seems like the last NYC car-ramming attack could have been a lot worse if the dude emerged from the vehicle with fully automatic weapons instead a fake gun.

No, we should not ban automobiles. That's reductio ad absurdum.
Doesn't mean we should let people drive around in tanks though.

Man, that bitch on Fox news pissed me off when she compared guns to trucks, by saying - if truck rams a person, would we be talking about truck owning laws next day? What and absurd and insulting try at making a point. Truck's use is to drive form place to place, guns use is to kill. You can misuse any tool, these guns are not being misused, they are being USED. And I bet it wasn't some crap pistol for protection, to kill 27 people you have to have something militaristic I bet. This is absurd that these things are in common people's hands.
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,063

Post#80 » by stuporman » Mon Nov 6, 2017 2:41 pm

I'm disappointed by the political framing of these horrific acts that goes on from the President, to politicians, media and common people, it's disheartening. My thoughts are with everyone effected by these terrible things.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job

Return to New York Knicks