ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: KP GOT THE JUICE

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Re: PG: KP GOT THE JUICE 

Post#1021 » by NoLayupRule » Mon Nov 6, 2017 9:01 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:
NoLayupRule wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

I don't think Willy will ever be able to rebound like Kanter does and his defense as of right now is worse then Kanter's. Big Willy fan but Kanter brings so much more to this team then Willy can. The energy Kanter brings rubs off on other players when they see him playing the way he does. I also get that we're still rebuilding and it will be hard to get another significant piece if we have to pay Kanter and Willy is so cheap right now but Kanter is so much better then Willy is and we wouldn't win some of the games we have won without Kanter. I just hope whatever Perry/Mills end up doing turn out to be the right moves.

I disagree

I think there is zero reason to think WIlly can't grow into as good a rebounder
that post offense of Kanters is a pretty high bar though

remember that WIlly is still young and a lot of guys take a little while to develop into the NBA players they become. Especially bigs and PGs

I've brought up Willy's youth and have said how big a fan i am of Willy but it's not just about the rebounding which both do well. Kanter brings an energy that rubs off on the other players and brings really good under the basket play with a soft touch. Willy also has good around the basket play and probably has a better 12-15 foot jumper but he hasn't shown he can bring it consistently yet but like we've said he is young.

I understand i need to look at this as how we get better with this rebuild and who will bring more in a trade and how much of our cap each one is and will use up but i can't just over look just how good Kanter has been for us and i'm not gonna sit here and say Willy will be as good or better without actually seeing it. But i always look at this team as how we're gonna get better and Kanter will bring a nice return with the way he's been playing and he uses up much more of our cap so while he'll be sorely missed when he's gone, the return we can get for him could really help this rebuild whether that be in young players, draft picks or both.

I agree

and his scoring, which is miles ahead of WIlly, is a major boost to the teams competitiveness, the fans energy and the teammates energy
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,464

Post#1022 » by ibraheim718 » Mon Nov 6, 2017 9:02 pm

SelbyCobra wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
SelbyCobra wrote:Image

I actually respect the players that do attempt to dunk on him. Thats how you supposed to play.

Agreed.

And I respect KP just a little more for routinely trying to contest. To me THAT'S what's gotten lost a bit over the years.

You could see early in his career that his shot blocking was going to be out of this world. He could be the best shot blocker in the L at some point. Add that to the way he moves like a guard on the perimeter. You can't compare him to anyone.
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#1023 » by newyorker4ever » Mon Nov 6, 2017 9:02 pm

ibraheim718 wrote:

Look at their faces.. they're just babies.

PMFJB! :o

Crazy how excited i still get when watching those replays. It's a good day to be a Knicks fan. We still have some work to do but you can see something coming together and it's so damn exciting.
KayCSmooth
Sophomore
And1: 139

Post#1024 » by KayCSmooth » Mon Nov 6, 2017 9:05 pm

ctorres wrote:Numbers for our key guys during the 5-1 stretch...

Kristaps Porzingis
32.7 mpg, 32.7 ppg, 53.2% fg's, 37.0% 3pt fg's, 87.8% ft's, 8.0 rpg, 1.0 apg, 3.0 bpg

Tim Hardaway Jr.
35.1 mpg, 19.7 ppg, 45.1% fg's, 34.0% 3pt fg's, 85.7% ft's, 3.8 rpg, 4.0 apg, 1.7 spg

Enes Kanter
25.7 mpg, 13.2 ppg, 60.7% fg's, 84.6% ft's, 11.0 rpg, 1.3 apg

Courtney Lee
31.6 mpg, 10.7 ppg, 40.4% fg's, 44.4% 3pt fg's, 100.0% ft's, 4.8 rpg, 2.5 apg, 1.5 spg

Jarrett Jack
27.6 mpg, 5.0 ppg, 34.2% fg's, 14.3% 3pt fg's, 4.2 rpg, 6.2 apg

Kyle O'Quinn
15.9 mpg, 5.8 ppg, 47.8% fg's, 86.7% ft's, 6.3 rpg, 1.7 apg, 1.8 bpg

Frank Ntilikina
20.5 mpg, 5.5 ppg, 37.8% fg's, 31.3% 3pt fg's, 1.7 rpg, 4.5 apg, 2.2 spg

Doug McDermott
18.7 mpg, 8.0 ppg, 50.0% fg's, 40.0% 3pt fg's, 80.0% ft's, 1.8 rpg, 1.2 apg

Lance Thomas (DNP vs DEN)
13.5 mpg, 3.4 ppg, 40.0% fg's, 50.0% 3pt fg's, 3.4 rpg

Michael Beasley (DNP vs CLE)
11.5 mpg, 4.2 ppg, 52.6% fg's, 1.8 rpg

NOTES:
- I don't know how long we can last with Jarrett Jack as our starting point guard, as good as he has been. Hopefully, Ron Baker will be back soon and take his spot.
- THjr''s numbers as of late have been excellent, but he seems to be overshadowed by the hype surrounding Porzingis and Ntilikina. THjr's numbers are on par with Gordon Hayward a few years ago.
- Courtney Lee continues to be reliable.
- Beas and LFT in their guest appearances have not been all that bad. They're definitely not part of the main 8 guys though, but each do have distinct roles. Beas can get buckets when things are stagnant. LFT will make those defensive and hustle plays.
- Nice to see McDermott with a steady spot on the rotation. Good shooting percentages, and 8 points in 18 minutes is solid.
- As long as the Knicks are winning with Kanter and KOQ, there just isn't a spot for WHG at the moment.

I agree with everything except the Baker part. The kid hasn't shown anything to make me say "he's a starter in this league". A shooting guard that can't shoot & can't keep quicker guards in front of him isn't going to help much. He might be able to run some backup/3rd string PG minutes & set a teammate up once in awhile, but hes no floor general. Of course I hope he proves me wrong if he gets the opportunity!
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,312

Post#1025 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Nov 6, 2017 9:06 pm

ibraheim718 wrote:
SelbyCobra wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

I actually respect the players that do attempt to dunk on him. Thats how you supposed to play.

Agreed.

And I respect KP just a little more for routinely trying to contest. To me THAT'S what's gotten lost a bit over the years.

You could see early in his career that his shot blocking was going to be out of this world. He could be the best shot blocker in the L at some point. Add that to the way he moves like a guard on the perimeter. You can't compare him to anyone.

The way KP is playing he will pass Gobert to lead the league in blocks this season
ImageImageImage
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#1026 » by IllmaticHandler » Mon Nov 6, 2017 9:08 pm

SelbyCobra wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

Agreed.

The Matchup I want to see in Wiggins vs KP.

Wiggins seems to be able to dunk on everyone.

don't panac
Analyst
And1: 660

Post#1027 » by don't panac » Mon Nov 6, 2017 9:08 pm

Sark wrote:I notice there is a correlation between hating Kanter and liking Carmelo. Anyone else notice this?

nope. a lot of people dislike(d) kanter for the same reasons they criticize(d) Melo: defense and team play.
I was never a carmelo fanboy, and i hated the 'melo trade'. although i was never a hater and I supported him, and hoped till the end he would prove me wrong (unfortunately he didn't).

but I also hated the second melo trade, because i think we should and could have gotten a lot more for him (although phil's NTC is also to blame). Kanter was one of my least favourite players in the league, and i am still not convinced he is any good. However, since he is a knick now, i will root for him to make me eat crow every night. And he is starting to. i hope he continues improving and starts significantly contributing on the defensive end. and pass the rock.

speaking of more unpopular positions, i was always and always will be anti-tank. i can see the rational for it, and i understand it. i can even come to appreciate/rationalize a loss in this optic AFTER it occurs. but i will never root for it. ever.
even when we play dismally and are down 20, I am always rooting for the unlikely comeback, and kinda hope/believe/delude myself they can do it. very, very rarely they do, and it is majestic.
ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,563

Post#1028 » by ctorres » Mon Nov 6, 2017 9:11 pm

KayCSmooth wrote:I agree with everything except the Baker part. The kid hasn't shown anything to make me say "he's a starter in this league". A shooting guard that can't shoot & can't keep quicker guards in front of him isn't going to help much. He might be able to run some backup/3rd string PG minutes & set a teammate up once in awhile, but hes no floor general. Of course I hope he proves me wrong if he gets the opportunity!

Jarrett Jack can't shoot either. What Jack currently has to offer is 6+ apg, a solid assist to turnover ratio, and "veteran experience" at 34 years old.

Eventually Ntilikina will start, but we need Baker to at least be serviceable as a back-up point guard. I don't know if we can rely on Jarrett Jack all season.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,673

Post#1029 » by mpharris36 » Mon Nov 6, 2017 9:15 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:

I see someone finally threw Lance down the stairs

sham!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the joke is back :lol:
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1030 » by mpharris36 » Mon Nov 6, 2017 9:18 pm

Bill Pidto wrote:
egelband wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:If LeBron's agents calls Perry/Mills halfway through the year and says LeBron has taken notice of what you are building in NY and he has serious interest joining KP in NY...you would have to be on drugs if you would say "no sorry, we are just going to be patient"

:lol: come on people....

Fair enough. That’s right.

I want nothing to do with LeBron. Sorry, mp. No freaking way. LeBron's time is almost over and KP's time has just begun. I don't want his presence here, I don't want his ego here, don't want his posse here.

Knicks should do this the right way and be a little greedy. I'm thinking dynasty, not just one or two cheap runs to the finals before LeBron leaves and we have to start over.

there are no things called cheap runs to the finals...sorry. If you don't want LeBron here because you think he will bring his "posse" here thats one thing.

But lebron time is almost over? come on dudes been to 7 straight finals his time is still the best player in the NBA.

We have been the laughing stock of the NBA for almost two decades and now we would complain about "cheap finals"... :nonono:

ROSTER

Besart19
RealGM
And1: 4,030

Post#1031 » by Besart19 » Mon Nov 6, 2017 9:18 pm

[twitter]
Read on Twitter
[/twitter]
Strength and Honour!
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,309

Post#1032 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon Nov 6, 2017 9:18 pm

ctorres wrote:
KayCSmooth wrote:I agree with everything except the Baker part. The kid hasn't shown anything to make me say "he's a starter in this league". A shooting guard that can't shoot & can't keep quicker guards in front of him isn't going to help much. He might be able to run some backup/3rd string PG minutes & set a teammate up once in awhile, but hes no floor general. Of course I hope he proves me wrong if he gets the opportunity!

Jarrett Jack can't shoot either. What Jack currently has to offer is 6+ apg, a solid assist to turnover ratio, and "veteran experience" at 34 years old.

Eventually Ntilikina will start, but we need Baker to at least be serviceable as a back-up point guard. I don't know if we can rely on Jarrett Jack all season.

Yeah...Bakers ceiling is backup PG...role player off the bench. I didn't know anyone thought he had starter potential. I love the kid and I don't think that. He needs to show if he can be that at some point this year. One guard at a time. Frank is more important right now. When Jack needs a break...I'm sure we'll see Baker. I expect Sessions to be cut but, that's no guarantee. 1 week left for someone on the roster.
:beer: RIP mags
Besart19
RealGM

Post#1033 » by Besart19 » Mon Nov 6, 2017 9:24 pm

[twitter]
Read on Twitter
[/twitter]
Strength and Honour!
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 17,919

Post#1034 » by SelbyCobra » Mon Nov 6, 2017 9:27 pm

Besart19 wrote:[twitter]
Read on Twitter
[/twitter]

Wide angle crowd shots at major moments of sporting events - especially MSG - are my absolute favorite sports photographs/videos ever. No question.

Nothing will ever, ever, ever beat the wide angle from the corner of MSG of the 4-point play. Nothing. That's the greatest sports clip/video moment ever for me as a sports fan - and that includes multiple amazing moments following a Yankee dynasty in the past 20+ years.
ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,563

Post#1035 » by ctorres » Mon Nov 6, 2017 9:27 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
ctorres wrote:

Yeah...Bakers ceiling is backup PG...role player off the bench. I didn't know anyone thought he had starter potential. I love the kid and I don't think that. He needs to show if he can be that at some point this year. One guard at a time. Frank is more important right now. When Jack needs a break...I'm sure we'll see Baker. I expect Sessions to be cut but, that's no guarantee. 1 week left for someone on the roster.

No shame in being a guy like Matthew Dellavedova. If Ron Baker could at least play at his level, then it would allow the team not to have to rely so hard on Ntilikina early on.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,317

Post#1036 » by Deeeez Knicks » Mon Nov 6, 2017 9:29 pm

That Frank legit earned the crunch time minutes made this all even more sweeter.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1037 » by mpharris36 » Mon Nov 6, 2017 9:30 pm

Read on Twitter
[/twitter]

we have the chance to be an elite defense with KP's rim protection and Franks perimeter defense...

ROSTER

IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#1038 » by IllmaticHandler » Mon Nov 6, 2017 9:34 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:That Frank legit earned the crunch time minutes made this all even more sweeter.

I got my eye on you Deez....

Besart19
RealGM

Post#1039 » by Besart19 » Mon Nov 6, 2017 9:35 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Read on Twitter
[/twitter]

we have the chance to be an elite defense with KP's rim protection and Franks perimeter defense...

We need a 3rd on the wings/mid range... Kawhi would be lit... But I hope Dotson might develop into elite wing defender
Strength and Honour!
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,080

Post#1040 » by stuporman » Mon Nov 6, 2017 9:35 pm

I think we should be able to put to rest the notions about Frank not having a good handle or being able to penetrate. He's shown the ability to turn the corner, get a step into the lane and handle the ball in traffic.

Although, he appears to be more concerned about avoiding mistakes or turnovers than about attacking the basket and instead use the space he creates to find others with his passes. I don't think this will be a career long pattern though or an inability on his part to get into the lane, he's just being cautious and deferring to his teammates.

Watching him work the point is like watching a quarterback run through options before he makes a pass instead of one that pulls the ball down and runs the first chance they get. I'm sure eventually he will call his own number more.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job

Return to New York Knicks