ImageImageImageImageImage

OT (kind of): If the Knicks Make the Playoffs, I'm Coming Home

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

TheDavinciCHODE
Sixth Man
And1: 1,861

OT (kind of): If the Knicks Make the Playoffs, I'm Coming Home 

Post#1 » by TheDavinciCHODE » Wed Nov 8, 2017 7:12 am

I don't visit home much (NYC Area). I travel almost exclusively. I live in Thailand now; used to live in Europe. You've probably seen me around.

Anyways.

12% through the season and we are 6-4. I'm not gonna get ahead of myself with win totals, since there is a good chance we come back to Earth. But the East is wide open. 38 wins could very well land us in the 7 or 8 spot.

So I'm calling now. If the Knicks make the playoffs, I'm jumping on a plane in Bangkok and flying home for game 3 at MSG.

Hell, if we keep this up, I might be flying home for game 1.

I dont' care if I get off at JFK, take the shuttle to Grand Central, and walk to the garden just to get back on the plane and leave again.

I just want to see KP dominate in the post season.

DaVinciCHODE channeling his energy to KP.

Roughly 158 days until playoffs begin.

Packing-My-Bags-For-New-York-Meter: 4/5
IAmTheBest
Sixth Man
And1: 1,803

Re: OT (kind of): If the Knicks Make the Playoffs, I'm Coming Home 

Post#2 » by IAmTheBest » Wed Nov 8, 2017 7:19 am

been living in Queens for 27 years since I was born. cant imagine myself living outside the NYC area to be honest.

anyway, you and me both hope you get to make a trip back home. the garden is nuts so you should drop by even if we dont make the playoffs
Bill Pidto
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,530

Post#3 » by Bill Pidto » Wed Nov 8, 2017 7:28 am

I was worried this was a quote from Melo.
knicksNOTslick
RealGM
And1: 4,633

Post#4 » by knicksNOTslick » Wed Nov 8, 2017 7:43 am

IAmTheBest wrote:been living in Queens for 27 years since I was born. cant imagine myself living outside the NYC area to be honest.

anyway, you and me both hope you get to make a trip back home. the garden is nuts so you should drop by even if we dont make the playoffs

I thought the same thing, that I couldn't imagine myself living outside NYC. Don't get me wrong, I love New York and I will always go back cuz my family's there. But there's plenty of great places to live in. I grew up in Queens as well, went to NYU for college and I just had to leave and see what's out there. I'm 31 now and I just bought a house in San Diego. I love it here.

As for Knicks games, I can just drive to LA for the night, catch a Knicks-Clippers game like I did last year and planning to see Knicks-Lakers in January.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,175

Post#5 » by KnicksGadfly » Wed Nov 8, 2017 8:08 am

live in China now, after NYC. Gotta say, going abroad does teach you to appreciate NYC more, and how different it is growing up there, and how it shapes you as a person.
JohnWillow
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,702

Post#6 » by JohnWillow » Wed Nov 8, 2017 8:49 am

I said the same thing this preseason about the Kings, if they make playoffs in next few years, I'm in a plane to Sac town watch the home playoffs game. This year it looks like I will save some money :lol: there is always next year
Celtics fan. :crazy:
We also face the Kings twice in the near future. I think it's time Yabu pays back some of that free money he's been given his entire career and bounces Fox for a nice 2 week ankle sprain.
TheDavinciCHODE
Sixth Man

Post#7 » by TheDavinciCHODE » Wed Nov 8, 2017 9:48 am

IAmTheBest wrote:been living in Queens for 27 years since I was born. cant imagine myself living outside the NYC area to be honest.

There's a whole world to explore man. The great things you hear about New York are true of other places, and to be honest, there are some cities that way more wild, insane, and interesting culturally than NYC in my opinion. Sure, NY has a unique vibe, and has unrivaled opportunities for business in North America. But you really don't know how you'd enjoy another place until you've tried. I traveled extensively for most of my life before finally making the leap 5 years ago to living abroad full-time.

and honestly, Bangkok destroys New York in terms of fun, history, and food culture. At least if you like Asian food. Bangkok is borderline lawless in some places and it costs 1/5th or less of what it costs in NYC. Open air raves on top of skyscrapers til 8am, underground clubs full of Thai models looking for Western guys, full meals for a $1 from street vendors who puts their lives into their food carts (and don't just sell crappy boiled hot dogs like you get in Central Park or whatever).

etc, etc,. New York is amazing....but Bangkok, Saigon, and other major Asian cities make it look tame. You have to try it.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#8 » by MaseInYourFace » Wed Nov 8, 2017 9:56 am

Just for a first round playoff game? Don't waste the money. Although it sounds like you're saving quite a bit living in Thailand.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
pwr2theppl
Sophomore
And1: 4

Post#9 » by pwr2theppl » Wed Nov 8, 2017 9:58 am

Knicks fan in Beijing checking in- definitely flying home if we make the playoffs as well. LET'S GET IT!!!
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,309

Post#10 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed Nov 8, 2017 10:28 am

I think you should stay in Bangkok. Real fans don't hedge their bets.

You're coming home if we make the playoffs but, you're not convinced?

I can't respect this Dude. Bangkok must have took your manhood
:beer: RIP mags
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#11 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed Nov 8, 2017 10:29 am

Lock this shyt!
spree8
RealGM
And1: 5,789

Post#12 » by spree8 » Wed Nov 8, 2017 11:20 am

Are We Ther Yet wrote:I think you should stay in Bangkok. Real fans don't hedge their bets.

Tha fuq? Smoke some weed bra.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#13 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed Nov 8, 2017 11:48 am

spree8 wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:I think you should stay in Bangkok. Real fans don't hedge their bets.

Tha fuq? Smoke some weed bra.

I don't expect them to win but, I hope they do.

I don't expect you to puff puff pass...but i brought my own.

See the difference? Don't half step. Root for the win and STFU.
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,212

Post#14 » by Kampuchea » Wed Nov 8, 2017 12:25 pm

I’ll be in Thailand Monday. Not for fun, need to go to doctor to check my sons knee out.

I lived right next to Thailand in Phnom Penh, you ever hop over to Cambodia? Definitely check out Angkor Wat. I stayed for 5 years but coming back to USA now for my son to go to school here.

I always loved Koh Samui and Bangkok and Thai food is my favorite in that region. Cambodia I don’t like the food as much but I loved so much else I ended up staying.

My missus is Cambodian and I’m working on that visa now!
Kampuchea
RealGM

Post#15 » by Kampuchea » Wed Nov 8, 2017 12:33 pm

In Cambodia it was hard for me to get used to running from police when driving my motorbike (Honda airblade). But I forced myself and eventually it was second nature, especially after you are forced to pay a few bribes. They never chase you, too lazy.

Thailand is still wild but a bit I found Cambodia to be a bit more lawless, for good and bad.
TheDavinciCHODE
Sixth Man

Post#16 » by TheDavinciCHODE » Wed Nov 8, 2017 12:38 pm

So you want me to come home for good? Not sure what you front me. Do you want me to fly across the world to watch non-Knick games?
TheDavinciCHODE
Sixth Man

Post#17 » by TheDavinciCHODE » Wed Nov 8, 2017 12:39 pm

Kampuchea wrote:I’ll be in Thailand Monday. Not for fun, need to go to doctor to check my sons knee out.

I lived right next to Thailand in Phnom Penh, you ever hop over to Cambodia? Definitely check out Angkor Wat. I stayed for 5 years but coming back to USA now for my son to go to school here.

I always loved Koh Samui and Bangkok and Thai food is my favorite in that region. Cambodia I don’t like the food as much but I loved so much else I ended up staying.

My missus is Cambodian and I’m working on that visa now!

Nice! good stuff. I am living in Chiang Mai as of now. Let me know if you ever come up this way. I don't really plan on going to Pnohm Pen any time soon.
Kampuchea
RealGM

Post#18 » by Kampuchea » Wed Nov 8, 2017 12:47 pm

Chiang Mai, I’ve been a couple times. A friend of mine from NY lived there for years, moved back to the USA a few years ago though.

I can’t wait to have some Pad krapow moo lai Kai dtow with prit namblah.

Just remembered I have some photos from my first visit to Chiang Mai and I was wearing an Allan Houston Knicks Jersey. Lmao representing Knicks in Chiang Mai
Governor Dudley
Starter
And1: 633

Post#19 » by Governor Dudley » Wed Nov 8, 2017 1:44 pm

I was born in Brooklyn, raised in Miami(one of the many nyc to florida transplants), lifelong Knicks fan. I live in Dublin now, but I need to start thinking about my trip home next year and might plan it around a potential playoff run, in advance.
xNewYorkMadex
General Manager
And1: 5,758

Post#20 » by xNewYorkMadex » Wed Nov 8, 2017 2:58 pm

Mu guy here is going to be blasting this song the whole plane trip back.

Andrea Bargnani nYk 2013-2015

Return to New York Knicks