ImageImageImageImageImage

PG Thread: 4th qtr collapse - PhishKeys pg. 18

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, Capn'O, Knickstape1214, Thorn, King of Canada, GONYK, NoLayupRule, mrpoetryNmotion, Thugger HBC, Deeeez Knicks, j4remi

newyorker4ever
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,217
And1: 1,110
Joined: Jan 03, 2012
     

Re: PG Thread: 4th qtr collapse - PhishKeys pg. 18 

Post#1221 » by newyorker4ever » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:39 pm

KnicksGod wrote:I love how crazy & invested Kanter is.

I didn't see that coming -- figured he's some guy who will try to score and be done with it. No no no. This guy is not playing for money.

Perfect fit for this city.



Still can't figure out how some on here still aren't sold on Kanter. The guy plays hard and brings all energy all the time.
User avatar
JohnStarksTheDunk
General Manager
Posts: 7,716
And1: 567
Joined: Aug 16, 2005
Location: Washington, DC
       

Re: PG Thread: 4th qtr collapse - PhishKeys pg. 18 

Post#1222 » by JohnStarksTheDunk » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:40 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
JohnStarksTheDunk wrote:
ctorres wrote:THjr last 9 games:

20.4 ppg
45.5% fg's (16.1 fga/g)
32.5% 3pt fg's (8.6 3pa/g)
81.8% ft's (3.7 fta/g)
5.3 rpg
3.4 apg
1.7 spg

I wish he was hitting his threes at a 37% clip or at least 35%, but otherwise these are great numbers.


Yeah, I would actually like to see him back off the three a little. He's 4th in the league at 3PA per game, but is only shooting .298 for the season. That's not good.

Shooting .325 from deep over the last 9 games sounds a little more encouraging, except that he's only 12-49 (.255) in his last 6. The best we've seen from him in a single game is .500 from three, which is a good percentage, but Lee and Lance are both shooting close to that for the season, at .458 and .455 respectively.


He's been much better taking it to the hoop. I think the 3 point shot comes around. He's too good. Wish he was a little less streaky but it what it is. If he was, he'd probably have cost 20 million per.

In spite of the fact I rag on his defense, it's been decent too, but he does get lost a few plays again, Which he could tighten that up, but who knows. I think the carelessness would stop with a coach who held him more accountable. It's not even bad, just maybe we'd win a few more tight games without it.


I agree that he's been a lot more effective when putting the ball on the floor, and his defense has been better than expected.

From three, he still looks to me like more of a volume shooter than a sharp-shooter. I guess he's streaky, but if he's still only going 5-10 on a "hot" day, I'd prefer to see what else he could do with those scoring opportunities instead of just launching it.

True, a different coach might change things, but so would a different role. I've maintained for a while, that he'd be a fantastic 6th man, but instead we're asking him to be our #2 and I think some of his shot selection problems might be related to him trying to do too much and forcing it. Regardless, he's likely going to be our starter for the next 3 years.
newyorker4ever
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,217
And1: 1,110
Joined: Jan 03, 2012
     

Re: PG Thread: 4th qtr collapse - PhishKeys pg. 18 

Post#1223 » by newyorker4ever » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:44 pm

El Poochio wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:
El Poochio wrote:
How is that disrespecting the logo though?


It's not. If anything it's the opposite. Again he's obsessed with New York City, the Knicks, Broadway, etc. He loves it. He can't get enough.

He wouldn't be sending out a pic of him on the Clippers logo. If Bron thought he could somehow get positive attention and avoid negative press, he'd play for the Knicks next year with KP. Oops I did it again.


He is enamored with the Knicks logo imo



He's even more enamored with Phill Jackson. Phil is in his brain and LeDellaDon can't let it go.
User avatar
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 47,784
And1: 11,431
Joined: Oct 10, 2003
   

Re: PG Thread: 4th qtr collapse - PhishKeys pg. 18 

Post#1224 » by KnicksGod » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:45 pm

El Poochio wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:
El Poochio wrote:
How is that disrespecting the logo though?


It's not. If anything it's the opposite. Again he's obsessed with New York City, the Knicks, Broadway, etc. He loves it. He can't get enough.

He wouldn't be sending out a pic of him on the Clippers logo. If Bron thought he could somehow get positive attention and avoid negative press, he'd play for the Knicks next year with KP. Oops I did it again.


He is enamored with the Knicks logo imo


He's enamored with the whole shebang. But the Knicks were not good enough for him to take a chance, not when he was desperate for a title.

He is also enamored with the court, the arena, the street, the people, the vibe, the stars, the biggest & the best, and how that all intersects with the game itself.

But yeah with where KP is and where the team is going, it probably makes no sense to even sign him ... if he even wanted to come. But would the Knicks turn him down? Not likely.
Image
User avatar
Are We Ther Yet
Veteran
Posts: 2,950
And1: 1,738
Joined: Nov 07, 2012
       

Re: PG Thread: 4th qtr collapse - PhishKeys pg. 18 

Post#1225 » by Are We Ther Yet » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:45 pm

El Poochio wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
El Poochio wrote:
How is that disrespecting the logo though?



Because he using the Picture to say we are his bitches. When the picture was taken, it was just a regular picture. But once he saw it, which it appeared somewhere else first. He used it to disrespect the Knicks and NYC with it. Context is King. He is 100% disrespecting the Knicks and NYC with this picture standing on our logo.


So he is using the logo to disrespect the city and the Knicks, not disrespecting the logo itself

I see it differently, I think he always wanted to beast against Knicks in the grandest stage of the world, just like his role model MJ, but never even got the chance cuz Knicks in his time wasnt even relevant, so he is doing these now comically as he doesnt have much time left in his career making him look like a fool, for a pretty much irrelevant regular season game



You're really being obtuse. He's clowning our players...walking on our logo...claiming to be the King of NY! He is clearly disrespecting the Team...the logo...the players...and rubbing it in the fans faces at the same time. Stop playing naive.
User avatar
JohnStarksTheDunk
General Manager
Posts: 7,716
And1: 567
Joined: Aug 16, 2005
Location: Washington, DC
       

Re: PG Thread: 4th qtr collapse - PhishKeys pg. 18 

Post#1226 » by JohnStarksTheDunk » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:46 pm

KnicksGod wrote:
El Poochio wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:
Huh? The guy is standing on your logo and proclaiming himself 'king of NY' after insulting our rookie and trading words with Kanter and you're telling me this is about him 'coming to NY'?

How about **** LeBron? Have some pride. I don't want this douchebag crybaby here in NY. I'd rather watch Lance Thomas shooting bricks than this guy n a Knick uniform.


How is that disrespecting the logo though?


It's not. If anything it's the opposite. Again he's obsessed with New York City, the Knicks, Broadway, etc. He loves it. He can't get enough.

He wouldn't be sending out a pic of him on the Clippers logo. If Bron thought he could somehow get positive attention and avoid negative press, he'd play for the Knicks next year with KP. Oops I did it again.


Dude, don't start this again. It wasn't a good look for you in 2010 and it was even worse during the Carl nonsense a few years ago.
User avatar
K P 6
RealGM
Posts: 31,354
And1: 9,801
Joined: Jun 27, 2006
Location: Getting over screens with Gusto.
Contact:
 

Re: PG Thread: 4th qtr collapse - PhishKeys pg. 18 

Post#1227 » by K P 6 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:49 pm

Im just glad we are not backing down from anybody like previous years. Everybody else blowing Lebron but not the Knicks.
Image
Ntilikina Gang. SMFPB CMFGB SMFMB KMFPB FMFNB
amit wrote:Frank prime will be like 10 ppg. Hes not that kind of PG and we knew it since he got drafted. Thats why scorers players around frank will be the bast for him
User avatar
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
Posts: 16,369
And1: 8,686
Joined: May 19, 2015
Location: Where The Wild Things Are
       

Re: PG Thread: 4th qtr collapse - PhishKeys pg. 18 

Post#1228 » by El Poochio » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:49 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
El Poochio wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

Because he using the Picture to say we are his bitches. When the picture was taken, it was just a regular picture. But once he saw it, which it appeared somewhere else first. He used it to disrespect the Knicks and NYC with it. Context is King. He is 100% disrespecting the Knicks and NYC with this picture standing on our logo.


So he is using the logo to disrespect the city and the Knicks, not disrespecting the logo itself

I see it differently, I think he always wanted to beast against Knicks in the grandest stage of the world, just like his role model MJ, but never even got the chance cuz Knicks in his time wasnt even relevant, so he is doing these now comically as he doesnt have much time left in his career making him look like a fool, for a pretty much irrelevant regular season game


Well you not a New Yorker, and dont have any connection to the city as your home. So of course you see it differently. MJ would have never done that so he damn sure not following his role model. MJ may have beaten the Knicks....But he had the MOST RESPECT for the Knicks out of ANY TEAM IN THE NBA.


I know, and because LeBron couldnt get that chance, he now pushing this shİt to make himself feel better or make it look like he was MJ like New York conqueror but its not true and makes him look like a clown as always thats why I dont feel the disrespect and get mad
Minnesota TimberWolves

G: Lonzo Ball | DSJ | D. Bembry
G: Donovan Mitchell | Rodney McGruder | D. Reed
F: Jaylen Brown | Josh Jackson | Justin Jackson
F: Jayson Tatum | Trevor Booker | C. Swanigan
C: Joel Embiid | JaVale McGee | Jakob Pöltl

BAT18 - The Young Wolf Rises
MrOrange
Sophomore
Posts: 215
And1: 166
Joined: Apr 24, 2017
Location: Riga, Latvia

Re: PG Thread: 4th qtr collapse - PhishKeys pg. 18 

Post#1229 » by MrOrange » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:52 pm

El Poochio wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:
El Poochio wrote:
How is that disrespecting the logo though?


It's not. If anything it's the opposite. Again he's obsessed with New York City, the Knicks, Broadway, etc. He loves it. He can't get enough.

He wouldn't be sending out a pic of him on the Clippers logo. If Bron thought he could somehow get positive attention and avoid negative press, he'd play for the Knicks next year with KP. Oops I did it again.


He is enamored with the Knicks logo imo

No, you are wrong. All that he has done after the game (and also that subway trip before the game) is a conscious attempt to show that he owns the city. Which is an absolute insult. No New Yorker should want to see LBJ in a Knicks uniform after this. If someone did it in my city I also would be absolutely mad.
User avatar
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
Posts: 16,369
And1: 8,686
Joined: May 19, 2015
Location: Where The Wild Things Are
       

Re: PG Thread: 4th qtr collapse - PhishKeys pg. 18 

Post#1230 » by El Poochio » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:53 pm

KnicksGod wrote:
El Poochio wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:
It's not. If anything it's the opposite. Again he's obsessed with New York City, the Knicks, Broadway, etc. He loves it. He can't get enough.

He wouldn't be sending out a pic of him on the Clippers logo. If Bron thought he could somehow get positive attention and avoid negative press, he'd play for the Knicks next year with KP. Oops I did it again.


He is enamored with the Knicks logo imo


He's enamored with the whole shebang. But the Knicks were not good enough for him to take a chance, not when he was desperate for a title.

He is also enamored with the court, the arena, the street, the people, the vibe, the stars, the biggest & the best, and how that all intersects with the game itself.

But yeah with where KP is and where the team is going, it probably makes no sense to even sign him ... if he even wanted to come. But would the Knicks turn him down? Not likely.


Yeah he loves attention and nowhere better than New York to get some, he never beat a classic Knicks team and he will never will what a RIP
Minnesota TimberWolves

G: Lonzo Ball | DSJ | D. Bembry
G: Donovan Mitchell | Rodney McGruder | D. Reed
F: Jaylen Brown | Josh Jackson | Justin Jackson
F: Jayson Tatum | Trevor Booker | C. Swanigan
C: Joel Embiid | JaVale McGee | Jakob Pöltl

BAT18 - The Young Wolf Rises
User avatar
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 47,784
And1: 11,431
Joined: Oct 10, 2003
   

Re: PG Thread: 4th qtr collapse - PhishKeys pg. 18 

Post#1231 » by KnicksGod » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:56 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
El Poochio wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

Because he using the Picture to say we are his bitches. When the picture was taken, it was just a regular picture. But once he saw it, which it appeared somewhere else first. He used it to disrespect the Knicks and NYC with it. Context is King. He is 100% disrespecting the Knicks and NYC with this picture standing on our logo.


So he is using the logo to disrespect the city and the Knicks, not disrespecting the logo itself

I see it differently, I think he always wanted to beast against Knicks in the grandest stage of the world, just like his role model MJ, but never even got the chance cuz Knicks in his time wasnt even relevant, so he is doing these now comically as he doesnt have much time left in his career making him look like a fool, for a pretty much irrelevant regular season game



You're really being obtuse. He's clowning our players...walking on our logo...claiming to be the King of NY! He is clearly disrespecting the Team...the logo...the players...and rubbing it in the fans faces at the same time. Stop playing naive.


Kind of middle ground -- he's definitely a little obsessed with the Knicks and trying to be an ass, but he's not doing anything too overtly disrespectful by tweeting that pic.

Not ALL about the Knicks. Also about Phil but also about the fact that his team is mired down and he's trying to get himself and his team going ... in short, he's bored, but that also brings into play the excitement I believe he's always felt playing in New York.
Image
TruthBeTold
Senior
Posts: 729
And1: 122
Joined: Jul 06, 2015
     

Re: PG Thread: 4th qtr collapse - PhishKeys pg. 18 

Post#1232 » by TruthBeTold » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:56 pm

Stephen A. Smith and Max Kellerman discuss yesterday's game.

User avatar
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
Posts: 16,369
And1: 8,686
Joined: May 19, 2015
Location: Where The Wild Things Are
       

Re: PG Thread: 4th qtr collapse - PhishKeys pg. 18 

Post#1233 » by El Poochio » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:57 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
El Poochio wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

Because he using the Picture to say we are his bitches. When the picture was taken, it was just a regular picture. But once he saw it, which it appeared somewhere else first. He used it to disrespect the Knicks and NYC with it. Context is King. He is 100% disrespecting the Knicks and NYC with this picture standing on our logo.


So he is using the logo to disrespect the city and the Knicks, not disrespecting the logo itself

I see it differently, I think he always wanted to beast against Knicks in the grandest stage of the world, just like his role model MJ, but never even got the chance cuz Knicks in his time wasnt even relevant, so he is doing these now comically as he doesnt have much time left in his career making him look like a fool, for a pretty much irrelevant regular season game



You're really being obtuse. He's clowning our players...walking on our logo...claiming to be the King of NY! He is clearly disrespecting the Team...the logo...the players...and rubbing it in the fans faces at the same time. Stop playing naive.


He clowned no one and he can claim whatever shİt he wants doesnt mean he is
Minnesota TimberWolves

G: Lonzo Ball | DSJ | D. Bembry
G: Donovan Mitchell | Rodney McGruder | D. Reed
F: Jaylen Brown | Josh Jackson | Justin Jackson
F: Jayson Tatum | Trevor Booker | C. Swanigan
C: Joel Embiid | JaVale McGee | Jakob Pöltl

BAT18 - The Young Wolf Rises
Kristaps6_NYK
Veteran
Posts: 2,793
And1: 1,503
Joined: Mar 11, 2014

Re: PG Thread: 4th qtr collapse - PhishKeys pg. 18 

Post#1234 » by Kristaps6_NYK » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:59 pm

LeBron is a great, there's no denying that. You can argue GOAT. But respect? Lol. MJ uses to rip us to shreds and we respected him. Picking on a rookie and disrespecting the NYK organization and fan base is completly unacceptable especally how putrid the Cavs are, especally how **** Cleveland is. Cleveland looked absolutley lost until the end of the 3rd quarter until Jeff completly screwed us. Yeah KP had a bad game but blowing a 23 point lead is inexcusable. LeBron James is a great player, but boy is he a piece of **** drama queen.
User avatar
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
Posts: 16,369
And1: 8,686
Joined: May 19, 2015
Location: Where The Wild Things Are
       

Re: PG Thread: 4th qtr collapse - PhishKeys pg. 18 

Post#1235 » by El Poochio » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:59 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:
El Poochio wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:
It's not. If anything it's the opposite. Again he's obsessed with New York City, the Knicks, Broadway, etc. He loves it. He can't get enough.

He wouldn't be sending out a pic of him on the Clippers logo. If Bron thought he could somehow get positive attention and avoid negative press, he'd play for the Knicks next year with KP. Oops I did it again.


He is enamored with the Knicks logo imo



He's even more enamored with Phill Jackson. Phil is in his brain and LeDellaDon can't let it go.


Biggest mistake in his career imo death kiss
Minnesota TimberWolves

G: Lonzo Ball | DSJ | D. Bembry
G: Donovan Mitchell | Rodney McGruder | D. Reed
F: Jaylen Brown | Josh Jackson | Justin Jackson
F: Jayson Tatum | Trevor Booker | C. Swanigan
C: Joel Embiid | JaVale McGee | Jakob Pöltl

BAT18 - The Young Wolf Rises
User avatar
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 47,784
And1: 11,431
Joined: Oct 10, 2003
   

Re: PG Thread: 4th qtr collapse - PhishKeys pg. 18 

Post#1236 » by KnicksGod » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:01 pm

JohnStarksTheDunk wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:
El Poochio wrote:
How is that disrespecting the logo though?


It's not. If anything it's the opposite. Again he's obsessed with New York City, the Knicks, Broadway, etc. He loves it. He can't get enough.

He wouldn't be sending out a pic of him on the Clippers logo. If Bron thought he could somehow get positive attention and avoid negative press, he'd play for the Knicks next year with KP. Oops I did it again.


Dude, don't start this again. It wasn't a good look for you in 2010 and it was even worse during the Carl nonsense a few years ago.


But I don't care what is a good look or not -- just what my opinion is of the truth. LeBron not signing with the Knicks, ever, doesn't disprove the things I've said.
Image
User avatar
Clyde_Style
RealGM
Posts: 20,098
And1: 5,104
Joined: Jul 12, 2009

Re: PG Thread: 4th qtr collapse - PhishKeys pg. 18 

Post#1237 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:03 pm

Replaying that moment in my head now.

Lebron blocking Frank like that can certainly be filed under gamesmanship. Psyching out opponents is a big part of sports.

So I actually don't hate him for doing it. I just despise him now for messing with Frank like that. So if all is fair in love and war, then I feel free to hate Lebron now.

I think it will come back to bite Lebron in his butt though. When he wants to collect his last ring, Frank will be there to shatter his dreams.

And it will be delicious
...............................................................................Image
User avatar
Are We Ther Yet
Veteran
Posts: 2,950
And1: 1,738
Joined: Nov 07, 2012
       

Re: PG Thread: 4th qtr collapse - PhishKeys pg. 18 

Post#1238 » by Are We Ther Yet » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:08 pm

El Poochio wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
El Poochio wrote:
So he is using the logo to disrespect the city and the Knicks, not disrespecting the logo itself

I see it differently, I think he always wanted to beast against Knicks in the grandest stage of the world, just like his role model MJ, but never even got the chance cuz Knicks in his time wasnt even relevant, so he is doing these now comically as he doesnt have much time left in his career making him look like a fool, for a pretty much irrelevant regular season game



You're really being obtuse. He's clowning our players...walking on our logo...claiming to be the King of NY! He is clearly disrespecting the Team...the logo...the players...and rubbing it in the fans faces at the same time. Stop playing naive.


He clowned no one and he can claim whatever shİt he wants doesnt mean he is


You're playing dumb here. Nice to know. Moving on from this nonsense.
User avatar
CharlesOakley
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,623
And1: 786
Joined: Jun 27, 2006

Re: PG Thread: 4th qtr collapse - PhishKeys pg. 18 

Post#1239 » by CharlesOakley » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:10 pm

El Poochio wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
El Poochio wrote:
So he is using the logo to disrespect the city and the Knicks, not disrespecting the logo itself

I see it differently, I think he always wanted to beast against Knicks in the grandest stage of the world, just like his role model MJ, but never even got the chance cuz Knicks in his time wasnt even relevant, so he is doing these now comically as he doesnt have much time left in his career making him look like a fool, for a pretty much irrelevant regular season game



You're really being obtuse. He's clowning our players...walking on our logo...claiming to be the King of NY! He is clearly disrespecting the Team...the logo...the players...and rubbing it in the fans faces at the same time. Stop playing naive.


He clowned no one and he can claim whatever shİt he wants doesnt mean he is


Just stop responding. No need to troll Knicks fans. Disrespecting the logo is disrespecting the city, team, and fans. If this had just been "some game" then the photo is fine but after he went in on Frank and Kanter in the media and after the specifics of the game it is clearly him wiping his ass in photo form.
User avatar
Oscirus
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,200
And1: 1,981
Joined: Dec 09, 2011
       

Re: PG Thread: 4th qtr collapse - PhishKeys pg. 18 

Post#1240 » by Oscirus » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:11 pm

Is Lebron trying to be the generations Reggie Miller? I don't even think he'll get up to paul pierce/Garnett status, but it's kind of funny that he's trying so hard
Read on Twitter

Return to New York Knicks