ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks to Sell Liberty

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Re: Knicks to Sell Liberty 

Post#41 » by br7knicks » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:36 am

King of Canada wrote:The WNBA financially isn't a success at all is it? I always assumed it was kept afloat on funds supplied by the NBA.

this was my impression. like what they say about college football for those big programs (and why there are a lot of unearthed, dirty things that go on, as we only hear of some things). college football tends to pay for other programs, which is why people look the other way to their behavior.
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
HighRyzer83
RealGM
And1: 4,487

Post#42 » by HighRyzer83 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:39 am

Good business is about supply and demand. Theres just not a high enough demand for WNBA to be successful. I mean I tried to watch it, its just unwatchable. Its korny pretending like they are impressing anybody with their "athleticism". its like watching kids play.
TraSoul82
Junior
And1: 182

Post#43 » by TraSoul82 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:59 am

The WNBA has been dumpster fire since the OG Comets disbanded/retired. Sure they had some names (Cooper, Swoopes), but my favorite player was the female point gawd, Kim Perrot (RIP). She could flat out play ball. I used to just think of her as a guard liked to watch just like Rod Strickland and Kevin Johnson.
Governor Dudley
Starter
And1: 630

Post#44 » by Governor Dudley » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:38 am

The WNBA's biggest problem is it doesn't market itself properly and kind of hides the fact that it really is big with people in the LGBTQ(mostly the L) community.
denterprise
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,021

Post#45 » by denterprise » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:23 pm

Governor Dudley wrote:The WNBA's biggest problem is it doesn't market itself properly and kind of hides the fact that it really is big with people in the LGBTQ(mostly the L) community.

That is their problem in a nutshell. Too many are are afraid to just come out and say it for fear of backlash.
nick p
Freshman
And1: 47

Post#46 » by nick p » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:22 pm

NY needs the Liberty and the Liberty need to stay in NY

Return to New York Knicks