ImageImageImageImageImage

Let's stop and get a FrankfROOTER - Franktalk #3

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Savageknick2190
Senior
And1: 138

Re: Let's stop and get a FrankfROOTER - Franktalk #3 

Post#1001 » by Savageknick2190 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:15 pm

Mecca wrote:
Savageknick2190 wrote:If I feel I'm a good looking guy but never get any attention from females until I'm surrounded by good looking guys then Houston I think we got a problem. I'm ugly! I may get a little better looking over time but DJ Qualls will never turn into Brad Pitt no matter what he does. Some of us need to come to this realization.

wat

A better analogy is a fat kid who grew up got in the gym and learned how to dress. Now he can pull your girl.

Oh you think Frank reminds you of the fat kid who needs to get in the gym. Ok point is he is what he is and getting in the gym will make you thinner yes but it won't change you at your core. If you're ugly then you will just be a ugly skinny dude.
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,325

Post#1002 » by Mecca » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:18 pm

Savageknick2190 wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Savageknick2190 wrote:If I feel I'm a good looking guy but never get any attention from females until I'm surrounded by good looking guys then Houston I think we got a problem. I'm ugly! I may get a little better looking over time but DJ Qualls will never turn into Brad Pitt no matter what he does. Some of us need to come to this realization.

wat

A better analogy is a fat kid who grew up got in the gym and learned how to dress. Now he can pull your girl.

Oh you think Frank reminds you of the fat kid who needs to get in the gym. Ok point is he is what he is and getting in the gym will make you thinner yes but it won't change you at your core. If you're ugly then you will just be a ugly skinny dude.

Naah, you can get ripped, dress well and make yourself attractive. Frank is a cute face with glasses and a thyroid problem
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,497

Post#1003 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:22 pm

im holding my tongue about frank until year 2....
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#1004 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:02 pm

So about Frank...y’all can STFU now. ****.
Savageknick2190
Senior
And1: 138

Post#1005 » by Savageknick2190 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:11 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:So about Frank...y’all can STFU now. ****.

You are so weak

Don’t bait. :wink:
-KT
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,310

Post#1006 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:25 pm

He had a good game. He has shown flashes. I'm a supporter of his but, he's a work in progress and until he shows consistency....people are going to talk.

10/10/7 with a minute left. Best game of his career so far.
:beer: RIP mags
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,210

Post#1007 » by seren » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:29 pm

He gets minutes. He is not yanked for one mistake. The coach lets him play with KP. And what do you know? He actually looks very good. Today's game once again shows Hornacek is holding back Frank.
AllanHoustonFan
RealGM
And1: 6,966

Post#1008 » by AllanHoustonFan » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:29 pm

Maybe I need to study the game some more, or just get new glasses, but I see Frank being a triple double threat every game in a few years. I'm don't get what some of the posters on here are seeing.
#MKGA
BeagleBoss
General Manager
And1: 4,331

Re: RE: Re: Let's stop and get a FrankfROOTER - Franktalk #3 

Post#1009 » by BeagleBoss » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:34 pm

His offense is still limited but if he can become a 37-40% 3pt shooter, it makes him less one dimensional and he doesn't hurt the team offensively. But his defense on LaVert and his playmaking today was outstanding.
GnarlesOakley
Lead Assistant
And1: 253

Post#1010 » by GnarlesOakley » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:51 pm

BeagleBoss wrote:

His offense is still limited but if he can become a 37-40% 3pt shooter, it makes him less one dimensional and he doesn't hurt the team offensively. But his defense on LaVert and his playmaking today was outstanding.

His shot isn't quite there yet but his form is good and he definitely has the range. As long as it's not a mental issue for him (which it doesn't look to be), he should at least be able to hit open shots, which would immediately put him in a tier above Shumpert and Jeffries types.
taj2133
General Manager
And1: 2,972

Post#1011 » by taj2133 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:10 pm

I will give him credit he finally played well in the year 2018 10 points and 10 assist he has to do more frequently.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,370

Post#1012 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:26 pm

Frank looks better with KP and on the whole, KP with Frank

Looking forward to some big Jack minutes next game
CharlesOakley
Veteran
And1: 2,487

Post#1013 » by CharlesOakley » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:29 pm

Savageknick2190 wrote:
CharlesOakley wrote:
BeagleBoss wrote:I think Ntilikina is too good defensively to ever get labled a total bust. He should always be a part of a teams rotation in his career for this specialty, much like players like Jared Jeffries, Roberson, Shumpert. So he can be our defensive stopper.

But how soon before we can admit taking him 8th was a mistake? If he is still this bad a year from now, can we admit it? Two years from now? Ntilikina is so bad on offense. I honestly do not see him getting much better. He has low offensive skills. Sadly, this is why I predicted a Shumpert type career and so far, I've been proven right.

You've been proven right in your own mind only. Frank is 19. He is playing the toughest position in the NBA. He plays some of the best defense in the league at his position. Stopping the point of attack in the NBA is the most valuable skill in the league. Someone who can do that alone is already valuable.

That you think a 19-year-old kid can't improve his offense is embarrassing. What indication has a 19-year-old half-way into his rookie season given you that he is incapable of getting better? Honestly, if Jeff were to play him with the starters, his lack of aggressiveness wouldn't be as big a deal. Play him with 4 scorers and he can focus and getting everyone the ball in the right spots and defense.

If you are a good basketball player you improve the skill level of those around you. If you need 4 other players to be good around you before you are able to play well then it might just mean you are no good. No need to sugarcoat it.

You've missed my point entirely. I think it's a mistake to put a pass-first point guard out on the floor without shooters. Our bench isn't known for its shooting. His game currently, is best suited for playing with the starters.

To your point, Frank does make the players around him better. By being elite at containing penetration and playing passing lanes, Frank changes how the entire team plays defense. You don't need to be elite on the offensive end to have a big impact on the game. Frank could be the Dennis Rodman of point guards and you want to trade him.
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#1014 » by Sark » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:50 pm

Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,137

Post#1015 » by Tron Carter » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:35 am

R.I.P Black Mamba
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#1016 » by MaseInYourFace » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:01 am

Savageknick2190 wrote:Frank has been what was expected when the Knicks drafted him. Skilled defensively but can't play the other end. Many on this site and in the media stated he was behind a few of the other prospects that were projected to go around number 8 but the Knicks wouldn't listen. Now posters have buyers remorse. Too late now we stuck with him. Its actually not his fault we projected him as a top ten pick. That would be on our front office. You just can't make mistakes like this and expect to be good. Its early but Frank will always be this Beverley, Snow, Marcus Smart type of player. He will definitely improve on offense over time but not in a huge way. It was a pick that would have been ok late in the first or early second not top ten. Maybe people will actually look at a persons talent first and foremost instead of judging a players current / future skills based on neck and arm length. lol

It's way too early still. I will say I don't think he'll be the type to be a 1st or even second leading scorer on a really good team. But if he tops out in the mid to high teens scoring on efficient percentages along with 7-8 assists and elite defense then that's a slam dunk pick. In any case I think it's way too early still. I already think his floor is around those guys you mentioned and I think he has more upside than those guys. If he doesn't pan out Knicks should get some blame too.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
CharlesOakley
Veteran
And1: 2,487

Post#1017 » by CharlesOakley » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:49 am

This board really underrates the impact of a lockdown defender at the point guard position. That he passes at a fairly high level too makes him a can't miss prospect in my book.

This kid is too smart to not improve a lot. He hasn't even had a summer in the gym yet. He hasn't been on a serious strength program yet. He might not be done growing. He is a known hard worker and his teammates like him.
Dantares
Head Coach
And1: 2,754

Post#1018 » by Dantares » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:05 am

I think there is a 50% chance that Frank gets a quadruple double in his career someday. He can pass and he can score well enough and he is going to become a better rebounder as he grows into his body. It's really if he can get those 10+ steals games.
"No protectors here. No Lanterns. No Kryptonian. This world will fall like all the others."

GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,069

Post#1019 » by GONYK » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:15 am

MaseInYourFace wrote:
Savageknick2190 wrote:Frank has been what was expected when the Knicks drafted him. Skilled defensively but can't play the other end. Many on this site and in the media stated he was behind a few of the other prospects that were projected to go around number 8 but the Knicks wouldn't listen. Now posters have buyers remorse. Too late now we stuck with him. Its actually not his fault we projected him as a top ten pick. That would be on our front office. You just can't make mistakes like this and expect to be good. Its early but Frank will always be this Beverley, Snow, Marcus Smart type of player. He will definitely improve on offense over time but not in a huge way. It was a pick that would have been ok late in the first or early second not top ten. Maybe people will actually look at a persons talent first and foremost instead of judging a players current / future skills based on neck and arm length. lol

It's way too early still. I will say I don't think he'll be the type to be a 1st or even second leading scorer on a really good team. But if he tops out in the mid to high teens scoring on efficient percentages along with 7-8 assists and elite defense then that's a slam dunk pick. In any case I think it's way too early still. I already think his floor is around those guys you mentioned and I think he has more upside than those guys. If he doesn't pan out Knicks should get some blame too.

The Knicks weren't even close to the only team projecting Frank in the top 10.
IAmTheBest
Sixth Man
And1: 1,803

Post#1020 » by IAmTheBest » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:38 am

2 rebounds away from being the youngest player ever with a triple double and people still gonna harp on his raw offense?

dude is only 19

doubling down on my statement that the only other prospect from the 2017 that i'd even consider over frank is mitchell. frank will probably never be an alpha dog scorer but he is capable of being dominant in literally everything else a la Clyde Frazier

Return to New York Knicks