ImageImageImageImageImage

Let's stop and get a FrankfROOTER - Franktalk #3

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Red Vines
RealGM
And1: 8,575

Re: Let's stop and get a FrankfROOTER - Franktalk #3 

Post#1041 » by Red Vines » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:14 pm

He shouldn't be rushed like many are trying to do. And he shouldn't set unrealistic expectations for himself just because others have those expectations. Being more aggressive driving the ball should be his focus because if he can't learn to drive and get comfortable making decisions in traffic then he's not going to be a good PG. Until he starts having more good games orchestrating the offense than bad games and actually looks comfortable then I wouldn't throw him to the wolves, i.e., NBA fans and media who will pick him apart.
CharlesOakley
Veteran
And1: 2,487

Post#1042 » by CharlesOakley » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:19 pm

BeagleBoss wrote:Chill.

Frank played well yesterday but his offense game is still ass. I think it will be a miracle and it will take a lot of hardwork for him to score 10 ppg in his career. He has no skills offensively. That doesn't mean he will be a total bust and out of the league. He's already a great defender and has shown flashes of being a solid passer and able to run a team and get his teammates good shots.

Why would it take a miracle for him to score 10 ppg? The hall of fame is littered with players who didn't have memorable rookie seasons. Frank is hardworking and intelligent. That tends to improve one's chances to get better.

Dirk - 8 ppg
Jimmy Butler - 2.6 ppg
Kawhi - 7.1 ppg
Kobe - 7.6 ppg
Paul George - 7.8 ppg
Joe Johnson - 7.5 ppg
Giannis - 6.8 ppg

What about young point guards?

Gary Payton - 7.2 ppg 6.4 assists (shooting .077% from 3)
Steve Nash - 3.3ppg and 2.1 assists
Rondo - 6 ppg w/ 3.8 assists
Stockton - 5.6ppg and 5 assists
Walt Frazier 9ppg and 4 assists

Most of these guys were significantly older when they came into the league. Can we just stop predicting a 19-year-olds entire future off of the first half of his rookie year?
taj2133
General Manager
And1: 2,972

Post#1043 » by taj2133 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:30 pm

CharlesOakley wrote:

Frank played well yesterday but his offense game is still ass. I think it will be a miracle and it will take a lot of hardwork for him to score 10 ppg in his career. He has no skills offensively. That doesn't mean he will be a total bust and out of the league. He's already a great defender and has shown flashes of being a solid passer and able to run a team and get his teammates good shots.

Why would it take a miracle for him to score 10 ppg? The hall of fame is littered with players who didn't have memorable rookie seasons. Frank is hardworking and intelligent. That tends to improve one's chances to get better.

Dirk - 8 ppg
Jimmy Butler - 2.6 ppg
Kawhi - 7.1 ppg
Kobe - 7.6 ppg
Paul George - 7.8 ppg
Joe Johnson - 7.5 ppg
Giannis - 6.8 ppg

Most of these guys were significantly older when they came into the league. Can we just stop predicting a 19-year-olds entire future off of the first half of his rookie year?

Frank needs to have more good games more frequently he just can't show up whenever he feels like it. Lets just hope this frank turning point moving forward.
a-French-Fan
Senior
And1: 304

Post#1044 » by a-French-Fan » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:00 pm

Frank may scores. He knows what he has to do, and other guys are expected to take more shots in the team. So as time he is not expected as a scoring leader, he won't try to take more shots. But don't think he is not able.
Frank may be really clutch, and one year ago when he was first option with U18 France NT, he showed that he was able to score, and how he was clutch (isn't he sometimes with Knicks actually?). Of course, it was not NBA level. As a pro with Strasbourg, he wasn(t first option too and it's very hard for a young player to score in Europe (except for Doncic!). But the day that the coach says "do it", don't worry he Will. I am really confident in his abilities to score.
Frank Ntilikina is a play-off player, but he goes to the Hornets.

Paris 2024 (Starters):
Ntilikina - Malédon - Hayes
Coulibaly - De Colo
TLC - Rupert or Risacher
Wembanyama- Yabusele
Embiid- Poirier - Lessort [without Embiid: Fall]
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,932

Post#1045 » by F N 11 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:05 pm

So proud seeing my boy not think out there. His swag was on a different level. Stop putting him out there with bums and watch dude work. Its not rocket science. There's a reason why KP and Frank lineup is beastly. That Dunk attempt was a clear indicator that he wasnt going to GAF anymore. I want to see it more.

They wont be going under the screen for Frank for long and that would only open up so much more for him.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
NYKnicksTAPE
RealGM
And1: 13,426

Post#1046 » by NYKnicksTAPE » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:08 am

A miracle to score 10 ppg? Man, stop posting this nonsense...
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,481

Post#1047 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:45 am

just here to say that u can all thank me later

i got us frank with the lottery thread mofos!
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#1048 » by IllmaticHandler » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:51 am

3toheadmelo wrote:just here to say that u can all thank me later

???

Spoiler:
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,481

Post#1049 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:54 am

IllmaticHandler wrote:

???

Spoiler:

good times
viewtopic.php?t=1564529
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
BeagleBoss
General Manager
And1: 4,331

Post#1050 » by BeagleBoss » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:51 pm

CharlesOakley wrote:

Dirk - 8 ppg
Jimmy Butler - 2.6 ppg
Kawhi - 7.1 ppg
Kobe - 7.6 ppg
Paul George - 7.8 ppg
Joe Johnson - 7.5 ppg
Giannis - 6.8 ppg

My opinion is based on skill set more than his age. I haven't seen any skills offensively from Ntilikina. And he lacks speed, quickness and athleticism.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,672

Post#1051 » by mpharris36 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:57 pm

beagleboss - frank = marcus smart 2.0

B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,707

Post#1052 » by Knicksfan1992 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:00 pm

Lol people are crazy... There are only 4 players in the entire league who average over 30 minutes per game who don't get at least 10 points a game. You may think Frank isn't a scorer but if he gets starter minutes he's almost certainly going to get 10 points a game. Hell even Lonzo is getting over 10 his rookie year and nobody would say he's a great scorer...

https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&type=totals&per_minute_base=36&per_poss_base=100&season_start=1&season_end=-1&lg_id=NBA&age_min=0&age_max=99&is_playoffs=N&height_min=0&height_max=99&year_min=2018&year_max=2018&birth_country_is=Y&as_comp=gt&as_val=0&c1stat=mp_per_g&c1comp=gt&c1val=30&order_by=pts_per_g
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,288

Post#1053 » by DOT » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:26 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

???

Spoiler:

good times
viewtopic.php?t=1564529

lol
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
BeagleBoss
General Manager
And1: 4,331

Post#1054 » by BeagleBoss » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:58 pm

mpharris36 wrote:beagleboss - frank = marcus smart 2.0

I knew it would have caused a fire storm so I deleted it. :lol:

But that's the level of player I see Ntilikina and I like Smart.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1055 » by mpharris36 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:11 pm

BeagleBoss wrote:

smart wished he could shoot like frank, and frank has already shown me more playmaking and creativity than smart has ever done.

So a better shooting + playmaking marcus smart is actually a hell of a player.

ROSTER

shtolky
Head Coach
And1: 4,688

Post#1056 » by shtolky » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:17 pm

BeagleBoss wrote:
CharlesOakley wrote:

Dirk - 8 ppg
Jimmy Butler - 2.6 ppg
Kawhi - 7.1 ppg
Kobe - 7.6 ppg
Paul George - 7.8 ppg
Joe Johnson - 7.5 ppg
Giannis - 6.8 ppg

My opinion is based on skill set more than his age. I haven't seen any skills offensively from Ntilikina. And he lacks speed, quickness and athleticism.

You are completely ignoring the response to your post which shows hall of famers and stars who were not offensive juggernauts in their rookie seasons. You probably would have said the same nonsense about those guys as you are with Frank. He's averaging 6ppg in 20+ minutes as a 19 year old, shooting 38% from 3 over the last two months, and you already say it will be a miracle if he scores 10ppg in his ENTIRE career? Holy sh*t.
Savageknick2190
Senior
And1: 138

Post#1057 » by Savageknick2190 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:42 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
BeagleBoss wrote:

smart wished he could shoot like frank, and frank has already shown me more playmaking and creativity than smart has ever done.

What are you talking about? Both players shoot 35 percent from the field. Frank may be able to shoot in the future but right now he doesn't do it very well.
Slicin N Dicin
Veteran
And1: 2,276

Post#1058 » by Slicin N Dicin » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:46 pm

Some of these posts:

Frank will be just fine
BaF 1.0 - Bucks: Inaugural BaF Champs 2018

It's Been Real BaF!

Check out the No Blood No Foul Podcast below with your boys from Real GM:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1059 » by mpharris36 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:49 pm

Savageknick2190 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
BeagleBoss wrote:

What are you talking about? Both players shoot 35 percent from the field. Frank may be able to shoot in the future but right now he doesn't do it very well.

take away the first month of the year where frank was coming off limited practice time due to an injury. As someone pointed out over the last 2 months he has been shooting 38% from 3...In his rookie year!

Smart is a career 29% 3 point shooter....the dude can't shoot. Frank can. Its not projecting frank is shooting 38% from 3 over large sample size to know he will be a good shooter in the NBA. Frank was always touted to have a good outside shot. Smart never has had one.

ROSTER

Amsterdam
Analyst
And1: 1,622

Post#1060 » by Amsterdam » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:50 pm

taj2133 wrote:
CharlesOakley wrote:

Dirk - 8 ppg
Jimmy Butler - 2.6 ppg
Kawhi - 7.1 ppg
Kobe - 7.6 ppg
Paul George - 7.8 ppg
Joe Johnson - 7.5 ppg
Giannis - 6.8 ppg

Frank needs to have more good games more frequently he just can't show up whenever he feels like it. Lets just hope this frank turning point moving forward.

This kid is straight up focused on being a great team player and a winner. Please don't peg him as a malcontent, cause he's not.

Return to New York Knicks