ImageImageImageImageImage

Let's stop and get a FrankfROOTER - Franktalk #3

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,055

Re: Let's stop and get a FrankfROOTER - Franktalk #3 

Post#61 » by Capn'O » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:37 am

KnicksGod wrote:
Capn'O wrote:Back to Frank Hype:

What makes that SAS cut really special is that he's talking about a situation with DSJ where there are limited expectations for success. He contrasted that with KP and Melo where there would be an expectation of winning. So, no expectation of winning. Like there was with Melo. With DSJ. So you could have DSJ and KP on a team and not be expected to win. Unlike with Melo, where there was that expectation and the team still didn't win.

But, guess what. Neither of those guys are here and... wait for it... the team is... winning.

Frank just wins, mang.

Yeah I mean the Knicks are winning for now. I've learned never to argue with winning. We can say we don't like Ball, we think Frank's better, or we think Ball is better than Frank -- but you can't argue that the Knicks' mix is winning and the Mavs, Kings, Lakers are decidedly not.

Yes. And they're particularly winning when Frank plays. Second only to Kristaps in on/off rating. For the reasons mpharris mentioned.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,591

Re: Let's stop and get a FrankfROOTER 

Post#62 » by mpharris36 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:37 am

IllmaticHandler wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:push, force, nudge, encourage

there is a reason there are 4 different words in the dictionary...if they weren't different why create another word? They might have similar meanings but different undertones to them.

Force - Frank if you don't shoot open shots I will take you out
Push - Frank you really need to start taking the open shots or you will hurt the offense.
Nudge - Frank I think you should look for your shot more it will open up a lot more of the offense
Encourage - Frank you have a really good shot you should take more shots when your open

same meaning different approaches...at least that would be my interpretation...but this whole back and forth is super nitpicky. We all want him to do well and improve his game some just would rather his game develop organically because he is such a smart player and the decision making a point guard comes over years of experience. Other have every right to think he should be "pushed"...at the end of the day we all want frank to develop into a stud 2-way point guard...are we really going to argue after every game if he shows hesitation or shows aggression? As long as he has a positive impact on the game and helps us win can you ask more of a rookie?

This some real sucker **** that you could only find a negative way to use it. Since yall Mofos Love the dictionary lets deal with it. FOH MP. That was some sucker ****. And proves you want to have a narrative with agenda. Your new name is FOX NEWS to me. Yall Like dictionaries right??

why are you always so angry? :lol:

franks really good, we good.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Bill Pidto
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,530

Post#63 » by Bill Pidto » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:37 am

mpharris36 wrote:
IAmTheBest wrote:
Sark wrote:It really bothersome that no one can pronounce his name correctly. Talinka. Nikalina. Frooter. All incorrect variations that I've heard.

https://youtu.be/u-WXjOBFdgw?t=2m46s

i **** hate that mofo

A lot of times, I think he's just setting up Knicks fans. Playing a role and saying sh*t he doesn't even believe just for the reactions. But damn, he comes off as such a moron in this video. He talks like a VERY casual fan that really doesn't know the game at all.

He should be embarrassed, and will be embarrassed once again when Frank turns into a bonafide star, just like Porzingis did after SAS said he was a terrible pick.

Max fell off, too. I thought Max would at least know how to pronounce his name. Being totally xenophobic is usually just SAS's shtick. At least Max wasn't stopping to that level.

Anyone else recognize Stephen A's intense xenophobia? He thinks it's funny to poo poo any player that doesn't come from America. F*cking hypocrite.
Wolfgang630
RealGM
And1: 16,429

Post#64 » by Wolfgang630 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:41 am

The guys on on Undisputed (Joy, Rob Parker, Skip and Shannon) can’t say his last name either. They were say Nih-lick-inna
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#65 » by IllmaticHandler » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:41 am

mpharris36 wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

there is a reason there are 4 different words in the dictionary...if they weren't different why create another word? They might have similar meanings but different undertones to them.

Push - Frank you really need to start taking the open shots or you will hurt the offense.
Nudge - Frank I think you should look for your shot more it will open up a lot more of the offense
Encourage - Frank you have a really good shot you should take more shots when your open

same meaning different approaches...at least that would be my interpretation...but this whole back and forth is super nitpicky. We all want him to do well and improve his game some just would rather his game develop organically because he is such a smart player and the decision making a point guard comes over years of experience. Other have every right to think he should be "pushed"...at the end of the day we all want frank to develop into a stud 2-way point guard...are we really going to argue after every game if he shows hesitation or shows aggression? As long as he has a positive impact on the game and helps us win can you ask more of a rookie?

This some real sucker **** that you could only find a negative way to use it. Since yall Mofos Love the dictionary lets deal with it. FOH MP. That was some sucker ****. And proves you want to have a narrative with agenda. Your new name is FOX NEWS to me. Yall Like dictionaries right??

Im a Brownsvillian.Its not anger. Its Intensity. you will never understand since you grew up in Queens and drink exotic beers. It still don't change that You did some wack **** and used it only in a way to fit your narrative. Play your games with the next man dont play them with me. Like i said. I gave you a dictionary meaning of it.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#66 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:45 am

mpharris36 wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
I feel like in order to have a player fully acclimate and reach his potential, you need to give him the keys (or let him know that he has them).

is this for a point guard specific? Or is this for any player in general?

For example I believe the knicks have given KP the keys. But would you give the keys to frank as a rookie?

Any player.

Honestly, I think Frank is smart enough to be more aggressive and pick his spots if he is given the keys. I personally think he should have been starting since day 1 and have been saying that since preseason. I really feel like the best way players learn is from getting extended minutes against higher competition. I want him to go through the struggles now so next year, when we are hopefully gunning for a top 4 spot in the east, it's smooth sailing.

I'm not asking him, nor would I ask him, to shoot 15 times a game. However, he's not even averaging 10 per 36...5.5 per game. Why not bump that up to 2? Let's be real, some of those looks he's not taking is ending in Lance Thomas trying to do too much anyway, so it's not a lost possession.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#67 » by mpharris36 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:45 am

IllmaticHandler wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

Im a Brownsvillian.Its not anger. Its Intensity. you will never understand since you grew up in Queens and drink exotic beers. It still don't change that You did some wack **** and used it only in a way to fit your narrative. Play your games with the next man dont play them with me. Like i said. I gave you a dictionary meaning of it.

hey don't come at me because im from queens :lol:

ROSTER

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#68 » by mpharris36 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:48 am

Knickstape1214 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
I feel like in order to have a player fully acclimate and reach his potential, you need to give him the keys (or let him know that he has them).

is this for a point guard specific? Or is this for any player in general?

For example I believe the knicks have given KP the keys. But would you give the keys to frank as a rookie?

Any player.

Honestly, I think Frank is smart enough to be more aggressive and pick his spots if he is given the keys. I personally think he should have been starting since day 1 and have been saying that since preseason. I really feel like the best way players learn is from getting extended minutes against higher competition. I want him to go through the struggles now so next year, when we are hopefully gunning for a top 4 spot in the east, it's smooth sailing.

I'm not asking him, nor would I ask him, to shoot 15 times a game. However, he's not even averaging 10 per 36...5.5 per game. Why not bump that up to 2? Let's be real, some of those looks he's not taking is ending in Lance Thomas trying to do too much anyway, so it's not a lost possession.

Oh I agree with you...Jarrett Jack has no business starting and its a big reason we fall behind in a lot of games. Frank should def start.

I guess I just have confidence frank will make the right plays and he will eventually get comfortable taking more shots because its a mentality change for him from his club team last year to the NBA this year.

I agree he can easily bump up his shots a few more per game and believe he will. I just think there is no problem that its taking time...and yes the passes to lance where he has to dribble is not a good look. I love franks passing but if you pass to lance and he's not in a position to catch and shoot your basically turning the ball over :lol:

ROSTER

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#69 » by Capn'O » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:48 am

He better not come after Ommegong

BAF Clippers

IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#70 » by IllmaticHandler » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:49 am

mpharris36 wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

:lol:

Man. Im coming at you cause you tried to be slick and that's not cool. Now that I gave you a dictionary meaning of it. You ignore it. Listen man. yall Queens cats got Front Lawns and ****. Im not **** with yall tonight. :lol:
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,445

Post#71 » by KnicksGod » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:50 am

The truth is I think he will be starting soon. Even if Hornacek doesn't know what he's doing, somebody will tell him -- KP and Frank ... the numbers show that's a really good pair. Let's get them out there as much as possible.

And it's not like Frank is behind Magic Johnson here.

That said, I think Frank is raw enough offensively that he will have some struggles. Those great 2-man numbers with KP will go down ... it's a small sample. It's very encouraging and I think Frank is real, and I'd start him soon ... but on the other hand, I don't expect Frank to score more than 10 a handful or couple big handfuls of times this year.

I'd put the over/under on Frank's double digit points games, rookie year, around 15-20 and 20 is high to me.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,313

Post#72 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:50 am

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#73 » by mpharris36 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:52 am

IllmaticHandler wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

Man. Im coming at you cause you tried to be slick and that's not cool. Now that I gave you a dictionary meaning of it. You ignore it. Listen man. yall Queens cats got Front Lawns and ****. Im not **** with yall tonight. :lol:

i found another dictionary meaning push is to "urge to do something"

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/push

i dind't mean to be slick...its my personal opinion on how the 4 words undertones are....maybe thats the difference coming from queens and brownsville :dontknow:

ROSTER

thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,313

Post#74 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:52 am

magnumt wrote:Wingspan!

--Mags :beer:

Does Wingspan FORCE turnovers or CREATE them?
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#75 » by IllmaticHandler » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:53 am

Capn'O wrote:He better not come after Ommegong

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#76 » by Capn'O » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:53 am

KnicksGod wrote:The truth is I think he will be starting soon. Even if Hornacek doesn't know what he's doing, somebody will tell him -- KP and Frank ... the numbers show that's a really good pair. Let's get them out there as much as possible.

I don't think he's comparing Frank to the guys in front of him. He probably has a specific standard where he wants Frank in particular before he goes to the SL. Do "x, y, and z" and you can start. It's a coach thing.
BAF Clippers

Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,275

Post#77 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:53 am

Wolfgang630 wrote:The guys on on Undisputed (Joy, Rob Parker, Skip and Shannon) can’t say his last name either. They were say Nih-lick-inna

That's odd. It is actually a pretty easy name to pronounce.
ImageImageImage
IAmTheBest
Sixth Man
And1: 1,803

Post#78 » by IAmTheBest » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:53 am

IllmaticHandler wrote:

:lol: :lol:

so we talking about the verb "push" and you link us to some random definition of the noun "push"

youre gonna have to try again. needa keep your lexical categories straight

http://wikidiff.com/encourage/push

go to any dictionary and there is no definition of the VERB push saying it's to encourage.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,275

Post#79 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:56 am

thebuzzardman wrote:
magnumt wrote:Wingspan!

--Mags :beer:

Does Wingspan FORCE turnovers or CREATE them?

Both
ImageImageImage
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,445

Post#80 » by KnicksGod » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:57 am

Capn'O wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:The truth is I think he will be starting soon. Even if Hornacek doesn't know what he's doing, somebody will tell him -- KP and Frank ... the numbers show that's a really good pair. Let's get them out there as much as possible.

I don't think he's comparing Frank to the guys in front of him. He probably has a specific standard where he wants Frank in particular before he goes to the SL. Do "x, y, and z" and you can start. It's a coach thing.

Sounds right. I think he's waiting a bit and letting Frank do his thing. No need to rush ... is basically all some of us are saying. Team is doing well and Frank is playing at the end.

I think reducing fouls is a real thing. And yeah, probably getting more comfortable scoring is another. My only problem with that is emphasizing it too much, really. I personally don't mind him coming off the bench all season though -- getting time with KP would be nice. I think Horny can do an early substitution.

But that's not what I think happens -- I think they put him in the starting lineup before the middle of the season.

Return to New York Knicks