ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Justice League

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,105

Re: OT: Justice League 

Post#21 » by ozwizard8 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:15 am

DickGrayson wrote:I grew up watching the Justice League animated series and I enjoyed every DCEU movie so far, so I was really excited to finally see these heroes together for the first time on the big screen. Unfortunately, the movie was a letdown. It's not bad by any means, but it was not as epic as it should have been. Here are my pros and cons:

Someone at Warner Bros needs to understand that these movies need to be good MOVIES, first, and the rest of the **** with the costumes and the visual affects will work themselves out later. Write a coherent movie with an actual story and don’t worry about needing an action beat every 20 minutes.

Dont expect more Snyder movie.
This one wasnt Snyder movie either. After his daughter died, they let Whedon to finish it.
Reshoots and cutting some scenes by Whedon and WB didnt help the story at all.
Introducing Flash, Cyborg, Aquaman in a JL movie wasnt a good idea from the start.

Now they'll have Wan's Aquaman solo movie.
WW solo movie was good. J.Wan is also a good director.
If they produce good solo movies to introduce those characters we'll see better JL movie in future.
They should really focus on solo movies.
Boss_
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 233

Post#22 » by Boss_ » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:42 am

suicide squad sucked so bad, that i boycotted this film cuz I didnt like the trailers either it kinda reaked like suicide squad to me

But if youre all saying its “good” ..ill watch it now. Usually if the critics give a bad review the film is good, and if they give a godly good review, like ghostbusters2017, its fackin junk garbage

critic reviews never usually match the audience reviews, its like they kive on another god damn planet; i wonder if they get bribed to do good reviews
MartinsLusis
Senior
And1: 544

Post#23 » by MartinsLusis » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:04 am

DickGrayson wrote:I grew up watching the Justice League animated series and I enjoyed every DCEU movie so far, so I was really excited to finally see these heroes together for the first time on the big screen. Unfortunately, the movie was a letdown. It's not bad by any means, but it was not as epic as it should have been. Here are my pros and cons:

Pros:

+ The acting is solid

+ Aquaman is that ****

+ Some good action scenes (Amazons vs Steppenwolf is one the best moments of the movie), even though the movie lacks any memorable action like the ones in Man of Steel, BvS or Wonder Woman

+ Superman is finally done right

+ There are some fun scenes

+ The Flash is okay, CW Flash way better and you can't ignore Wonder Woman every time she's on screen. Aquaman and Cyborg were fine. Batman was fine as well (Ben Affleck didn't look very interested in this movie as he was in BvS)

+ The post credit scene is cool

Cons:

- The plot is weak (bad guy wants to destroy the world, just like The Avengers, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Man of Steel, Suicide Squad, X-Men: Apocalypse, etc). You can tell how it all ends, everything is very predictable

- The villain is really awful. I didn't fear him for a second. In the comics, Steppenwolf is more a badass.

- Not a lot of surprises. This is actually the most predictable movie I ever saw.

- The VFX is a letdown compared to Man of Steel and BvS (Superman's erased mustache is really distracting)

- Very little character development. Aquaman, Flash, Cyborg needed more time.

- You can tell basically all the scenes added in reshoots

- The jokes didn't work. Most of them are silly, not funny

- Since when was Barry Allen an outcast, awkward and Jewish? Oh Hollywood, you had to do this right?

- Gal Gadot's acting is not very good in some scenes. It looks like she is as good as her directors. With Patty Jenkins (Wonder Woman's director), she was great. Here with Zack Snyder/Joss Whedon, not so much

- Some of the dialogues are really bad (like the ones with Mera and Aquaman...they're suppose to be married my guy....why they talking to each other like they're Spanish Haitians who just finished having sex?). Half of them are pure exposition.

- The movie lacks stakes or any sense of danger...Steppenwolf doesn't apply enough terror to make it a "worldly" crisis. Theres not enough civilians who are aware of his terror. The movie focuses on some rural white ass family in danger. White privilege.

- The final battle is really generic. Aquaman lunges into everyone and shows no range of his mystic abilities. Cyborg is basically just a hacker even though his capabilities make him one of the most lethal weapons on Earth.

- The movie is never really exciting. It's almost exciting, but never really really exciting.

- Cyborg is amazing but they never go into detail about his origin story, his creation and connection to New Genesis.

The biggest issue is that so many of the characters are just stiff and one-dimensional. They really are not overly interesting so it is hard to really connect with them and the tasks they are facing. Unlike Marvel who have excelled with dysfunctional groups who fight amongst themselves as well as the forces of evil, this group seems to be going through the paces rather than being fully engaged with the task at hand and each other.

It's not a bad movie, but it's not great either. Unfortunately Justice League is just okay. You won't remember it in a year.

Is Cyborg (he and his dad are apparently the only speaking black people in the DC Universe) a brooding internet Frankenstein or is he the “booyah”-loving kid from Teen Titans Go? Is Ezra Miller’s Flash the anxious kid haunted by his dad’s imprisonment or is he the quirky Ross-from-Friends, Jesse Eisenberg-in-every-movie trope, forcing “comedy relief” down our throats? And Bat-fleck? The guy who is supposedly obsessed with bringing the team together but has given every indication that he wants out of the franchise? I’m not saying he phoned in his performance, but his effort was about as consistent as T-Mobile on the subway.

I liked Suicide Squad but I'll rate both movies the same. Suicide Squad had it flaws but it was a fun movie to watch with good action and was funny. Justice League had it flaws but it was fun to watch, only some parts were boring and some parts made no sense or had any connection to the movie. The DC movies won’t be any good until someone, ANYONE stops using Zack Snyder as the architect of this franchise, and until they slow down and actually take the time to make these movies actually good.

Snyder’s best trait has always been his visual style. He’s never been a great director capable of coaxing good performances out of actors with bad material. If Snyder was a cinematographer he’d be...not great, but good. He’s great at individual moments, but everything he directs looks like 300, and if you watch 300 now, that movie seems dated as ****.

The thing about the MCU is, at their core, they understand that just because you make comic book movies, doesn’t mean you have to make a comic book movie. All the MCU movies stand up as individual films that you could take the superheroes out of and they work. The Captain America movies are a war movie, a movie where Cap grapples with his place in an America he doesn’t understand, and Cap taking a stand against the government he swore to defend. There’s an arc, and, like, actual character development and ****.

Iron Man goes from a war profiteer to wanting to make the world peaceful. Spider-Man: Homecoming is a coming of age story.

Someone at Warner Bros needs to understand that these movies need to be good MOVIES, first, and the rest of the **** with the costumes and the visual affects will work themselves out later. Write a coherent movie with an actual story and don’t worry about needing an action beat every 20 minutes.

Imagine me looking at this post, then going to IMDB to check ratings etc. and seeing your post as a user review again. :D
SuperflyKnick
Head Coach
And1: 1,075

Post#24 » by SuperflyKnick » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:57 am

The movie was good ... people need to stop bitching like it was shooting for the oscars
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,206

Post#25 » by Kampuchea » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:00 pm

Like Flash, and best scene was when he was scared of Superman eyeing him.
Buttah304
Analyst
And1: 5,628

Post#26 » by Buttah304 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:35 pm

I think everyone can agree that the beginning was a little rushed, the characters or rather the Villian could have had a little more back story and and the tone throughout was a little uneven. But I actually saw this twice and I am hard pressed to call Age of Ultron a better film. Avengers (1st one), Civl War, Iron Man, Winter Soldier are all clearly better most likely significantly. At the end of the day I think WB was going for a shorter running time with no wasted scenes, packed with action but with a lighter tone than B v S tone - overall it was entertaining in the same way AOU was for me.
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,571

Post#27 » by Meat » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:47 pm

SuperflyKnick wrote:The movie was good ... people need to stop bitching like it was shooting for the oscars

garbage is yummy compared to human excrement doesn't mean one is good. This year we got logan, wonder woman and thor, this movie is human excrement compared to the other
jvsimonetti0514
General Manager
And1: 7,866

Post#28 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:28 pm

I really enjoyed Justice League but it's more of popcorn action flick than a complex, edgy superhero film. Pretty much did a complete 180 from BVS. It was light hearted, action packed, and actually funny but had some issues. It really suffered from the same problem Wonder Women had, a lack of a compelling bad guy. It could have used an extra 30 minutes for Steppenwolf motivation and some extra tie in's with Darkseid. The Flash, Aquaman, and Cyborg had kind generic story arcs in that they're all loners and not used to working in a team with small twists. There was more growth with Cyborg and the Flash than with Aquaman. For the most part I thought it worked pretty well since both Erza Miller and Jason Momoa had so much charisma. The Flash totally stole the show and was by far my favorite character. Not to mention how cool his fight with Superman was. I'm most intrigued about Batman's role going forward since he's the only one without super powers. They use Affleck really well in the first two acts of the film but haven't figured out how to use him in the final battles. It wasn't perfect but I had fun and left the movie satisfied. I'd give it a 7/10.
I'm apart of a Knicks podcast! You Should check it out!
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#29 » by dakomish23 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:02 pm

Kampuchea wrote:Like Flash, and best scene was when he was scared of Superman eyeing him.

That was hilarious.

Spoiler:
The other funny scene with them two was when they were evacuating the civilians
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
SuperflyKnick
Head Coach
And1: 1,075

Post#30 » by SuperflyKnick » Mon Dec 4, 2017 6:28 am

Meat wrote:
SuperflyKnick wrote:The movie was good ... people need to stop bitching like it was shooting for the oscars

garbage is yummy compared to human excrement doesn't mean one is good. This year we got logan, wonder woman and thor, this movie is human excrement compared to the other

Listen movies are for self pleasure ... it wasn’t the best but also was not the worst ... I’m glad they showed Superman for the badass he is ... and wonder women is amazing ... this was a stepping stone to hopefully Better movies ahead
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#31 » by dakomish23 » Mon Dec 4, 2017 6:38 am

jvsimonetti0514 wrote:I really enjoyed Justice League but it's more of popcorn action flick than a complex, edgy superhero film. Pretty much did a complete 180 from BVS. It was light hearted, action packed, and actually funny but had some issues. It really suffered from the same problem Wonder Women had, a lack of a compelling bad guy. It could have used an extra 30 minutes for Steppenwolf motivation and some extra tie in's with Darkseid. The Flash, Aquaman, and Cyborg had kind generic story arcs in that they're all loners and not used to working in a team with small twists. There was more growth with Cyborg and the Flash than with Aquaman. For the most part I thought it worked pretty well since both Erza Miller and Jason Momoa had so much charisma. The Flash totally stole the show and was by far my favorite character. Not to mention how cool his fight with Superman was. I'm most intrigued about Batman's role going forward since he's the only one without super powers. They use Affleck really well in the first two acts of the film but haven't figured out how to use him in the final battles. It wasn't perfect but I had fun and left the movie satisfied. I'd give it a 7/10.

Yep. It would of been great if they had more of the Darkseid forces involved. Particularly, the furies versus WW would of been great.

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#32 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Mon Dec 4, 2017 2:44 pm

jvsimonetti0514 wrote:I really enjoyed Justice League but it's more of popcorn action flick than a complex, edgy superhero film. Pretty much did a complete 180 from BVS. It was light hearted, action packed, and actually funny but had some issues. It really suffered from the same problem Wonder Women had, a lack of a compelling bad guy. It could have used an extra 30 minutes for Steppenwolf motivation and some extra tie in's with Darkseid. The Flash, Aquaman, and Cyborg had kind generic story arcs in that they're all loners and not used to working in a team with small twists. There was more growth with Cyborg and the Flash than with Aquaman. For the most part I thought it worked pretty well since both Erza Miller and Jason Momoa had so much charisma. The Flash totally stole the show and was by far my favorite character. Not to mention how cool his fight with Superman was. I'm most intrigued about Batman's role going forward since he's the only one without super powers. They use Affleck really well in the first two acts of the film but haven't figured out how to use him in the final battles. It wasn't perfect but I had fun and left the movie satisfied. I'd give it a 7/10.

Couldn't agree more. I liked the movie for what it was - a popcorn action movie...but didn't like it in terms of what the DCEU was building. BVS UE is my favorite movie of all time (don't care what other people said) and MOS is up there as well, so I really wanted to see Snyder finish out his vision. I signed a petition with 150k other people supporting the release of a Snyder cut, and I really hope we get it. They cut so much out...like, SO much. Someone posted what he saw in his film (confirmed on Kevin Smith's podcast) and that movie sounds so much better. Even the leaked unfinished scenes were better, clips from trailer that were changed were better ("I'll take that as a yes", Flash / Iris scene, Cyborg's backstory, more with Aquaman, etc. WB did Snyder dirty, but, even as the homeless man in the beginning said on his sign, "I[Snyder] Tried."

On top of the actual movie, the score...wtf? Junkie XL (and Hans Zimmer, but he wasn't coming back) >>>>>> Danny Elfman. Not even close. WW, MOS, and BVS each had scores that brought out so much emotion...but JL's was kinda bleh and boring regular movie score. Wasn't a fan.

The Superman v JL fight showed just how powerful he was and, seeing as Superman is my favorite comic character ever, I loved it. Still, though...the other story with Superman that they apparently had set up would have been better...but oh well. Here's to praying for the Snyder version (which just sounds SO much better and has already been cut, apparently - it has Darkseid in it, too).

(I know many won't agree with my post, so I'm not going to respond to those that don't. :D )
kane
Head Coach
And1: 2,350

Post#33 » by kane » Tue Dec 5, 2017 12:39 am

https://screenrant.com/justice-league-movie-original-ending-darkseid/

i cant believe im a out to say this but DCEU would of been better off with zack snyder, they basically butchered this movie and any maybe any chance of future films

even if i didnt like a director it was his snyders baby and id rather see him ether try and salvage it or just go down in flames and then just do a total reboot, what DC did was just cut its nuts off and tried to copy marvel

never thought the day id look back on MoS fondly :lol:
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#34 » by dakomish23 » Tue Dec 5, 2017 12:56 am

Knickstape1214 wrote:

Couldn't agree more. I liked the movie for what it was - a popcorn action movie...but didn't like it in terms of what the DCEU was building. BVS UE is my favorite movie of all time (don't care what other people said) and MOS is up there as well, so I really wanted to see Snyder finish out his vision. I signed a petition with 150k other people supporting the release of a Snyder cut, and I really hope we get it. They cut so much out...like, SO much. Someone posted what he saw in his film (confirmed on Kevin Smith's podcast) and that movie sounds so much better. Even the leaked unfinished scenes were better, clips from trailer that were changed were better ("I'll take that as a yes", Flash / Iris scene, Cyborg's backstory, more with Aquaman, etc. WB did Snyder dirty, but, even as the homeless man in the beginning said on his sign, "I[Snyder] Tried."

On top of the actual movie, the score...wtf? Junkie XL (and Hans Zimmer, but he wasn't coming back) >>>>>> Danny Elfman. Not even close. WW, MOS, and BVS each had scores that brought out so much emotion...but JL's was kinda bleh and boring regular movie score. Wasn't a fan.

The Superman v JL fight showed just how powerful he was and, seeing as Superman is my favorite comic character ever, I loved it. Still, though...the other story with Superman that they apparently had set up would have been better...but oh well. Here's to praying for the Snyder version (which just sounds SO much better and has already been cut, apparently - it has Darkseid in it, too).

(I know many won't agree with my post, so I'm not going to respond to those that don't. :D )

I never knew why folks disliked MOS. The ending was wack with him killing Zod IMO but otherwise, I thought it was great. They managed to fit in the destruction of krypton, some scenes for the enemy without the hero, the Lois lane reporter at all costs angle, a longgggg fight scene and his longgggggg background story all in one shot.

Give me Nolan doing DC scripts all day, despite the DKR flop.

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#35 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Tue Dec 5, 2017 1:15 am

kane wrote:https://screenrant.com/justice-league-movie-original-ending-darkseid/

i cant believe im a out to say this but DCEU would of been better off with zack snyder, they basically butchered this movie and any maybe any chance of future films

even if i didnt like a director it was his snyders baby and id rather see him ether try and salvage it or just go down in flames and then just do a total reboot, what DC did was just cut its nuts off and tried to copy marvel

Do my eyes deceive me?

CHANT WITH ME, BROTHERS

SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT!
kane
Head Coach
And1: 2,350

Post#36 » by kane » Tue Dec 5, 2017 9:23 am

Knickstape1214 wrote:
kane wrote:https://screenrant.com/justice-league-movie-original-ending-darkseid/

Do my eyes deceive me?

CHANT WITH ME, BROTHERS

SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT, SNYDER'S CUT!

https://superherotalksite.wordpress.com/2017/11/19/read-zack-snyders-version-and-all-deleted-scenes-of-justice-league/

Id be down for watching it, it would be an actual movie good or bad what the suits did was turned it into a Saturday morning live action cartoon with as much depth

They should have finished the movie his way after he left if this is what they wanted they never should of brought him back after BvS.... WBs incompetence reaching new levels

Return to New York Knicks