ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Knicks vs Toronto- 11-17-2017

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

bigtimeRC3
Pro Prospect
And1: 571

Re: PG: Knicks vs Toronto- 11-17-2017 

Post#141 » by bigtimeRC3 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:34 am

ChaosHamster wrote:

I wonder where KP's youtube team draws the line for not posting highlights? Under 10pts? :lol:

thats the first time he used the knicks broadcasting for his highlight clips
egelband
Rookie
And1: 374

Post#142 » by egelband » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:41 am

Context wrote:
KnicksChamps wrote:I'll say it. KP played like dogsh*t. He shouldn't be playing if he's actually injured. His shot is atrocious right now. His defense is lazy and inexcusable. I understand that teams are zeroing in on him defensively but there is NO excuse for him to be outplayed at both ends by some random no name substitute. This sh*t ain't gonna fly.

he has a knot on his elbow but I cant disagree with anything you mentioned...

Is that it? Do we know if it’s a long term thing? I’ve been hearing about a vague elbow thing but I sensed it was more of an eventually-it’ll-need-fixing type thing. But does anyone know for sure? Serious question. I haven’t been super-glued to the news.
I dunno.
Wolfgang630
RealGM
And1: 16,425

Post#143 » by Wolfgang630 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:43 am

If the Knicks knew billy wouldn’t play they shouldn’t have said anything and just traded him. They shouldn’t have played him. I feel like they killed his trade value right now.
egelband
Rookie
And1: 374

Post#144 » by egelband » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:45 am

Rooster8 wrote:KP gonna drop 40 in the next game 8-)

Yeshhhh!!!
I dunno.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,032

Post#145 » by Capn'O » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:19 am

offense wrote:
JBreezeNY wrote:So are you guys done with your foolish hopes of chasing a playoff berth & KP being an MVP candidate for 10 games?

Can we get back to reality and focus on getting Porz a running mate in the lottery?

I am waiting till about jan to see where the team is.Then I will decide the path I prefer.

Yeah but also we have no control over any of it.

If I had to wager, I'd say the Knicks hover around .500 this season. Of course, if KP needs to miss significant time that all changes.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,308

Post#146 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:24 am

The sky is falling! :lol:

KP looked shot. He also had the ankle sprain he might still be dealing with. Something isn't right with him though. He had no energy or strength tonight. The elbow is one thing but, he looked like he had a back injury or something else bothering him. No lift. No dunks. No strong drives. I'm thinking that Cleveland clobbering he got may have tweaked something. If not....I don't know what's up with him. Sick? He did not look good at all.

The thing with this loss...was just an all around bad shooting night. You can't expect to win any games shooting 24% for the half and 33% for the game. Toronto hit their shots...52% or so. We were missing dunks. Put backs. Open 10 footers. Everything.

Let's see how we look the next 2 games. If KP looks like he did tonight...something is up.
:beer: RIP mags
KnicksChamps
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,297

Post#147 » by KnicksChamps » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:26 am

egelband wrote:
Context wrote:
KnicksChamps wrote:I'll say it. KP played like dogsh*t. He shouldn't be playing if he's actually injured. His shot is atrocious right now. His defense is lazy and inexcusable. I understand that teams are zeroing in on him defensively but there is NO excuse for him to be outplayed at both ends by some random no name substitute. This sh*t ain't gonna fly.

he has a knot on his elbow but I cant disagree with anything you mentioned...

Is that it? Do we know if it’s a long term thing? I’ve been hearing about a vague elbow thing but I sensed it was more of an eventually-it’ll-need-fixing type thing. But does anyone know for sure? Serious question. I haven’t been super-glued to the news.

A few games ago, he was rubbing the elbow after the game while still on the court. Missed the next game. He's been wearing a compression sleeve on it because of swelling. The first game he came back was against Cleveland. In the 3 games since returning, his numbers are way down. Granted, he was shooting at an astronomical pace so it makes sense for him to slow down a bit, but he looks very uncomfortable shooting sometimes. I don't think its serious and will be upset if he won't sit out a couple games to let it heal, if its bugging him.
Yankeeknickfan
RealGM
And1: 4,627

Post#148 » by Yankeeknickfan » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:36 am

Doctor friend of mine was telling me it probably is bursitis of the elbow. Basically, he was telling me it seems like chronic inflammation of the sac around the elbow joint. if you let it go on too long and don't let it heal, and instead increase the inflammation with overuse + trauma then permanent damage, among other things, can occur and probably will with the amount of work done by Porzingis on a nightly basis. The permanent damage is usually nothing serious for the average joe, but for a pro athlete of the highest level like KP, he said effects of chronic inflammation can completely change the course of his career. Stated KP has to conrol the inflammation (through anti-inflammatories, rest, compression/elevation, ice), get the correct physical therapy, and get drainage if necessary.

I think we should give more thought to shutting him down
Imageceltics
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#149 » by Sark » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:43 am

The smart thing to do is shut him down if his elbow is hurting. The team is supposed to have low expectations, so there's no sense in pushing for the playoffs if it risks his long term health.

Of course the Knicks will probably do the Knicks thing and push harder.
Context
RealGM
And1: 12,288

Post#150 » by Context » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:45 am

Yankeeknickfan wrote:Doctor friend of mine was telling me it probably is bursitis of the elbow. Basically, he was telling me it seems like chronic inflammation of the sac around the elbow joint. if you let it go on too long and don't let it heal, and instead increase the inflammation with overuse + trauma then permanent damage, among other things, can occur and probably will with the amount of work done by Porzingis on a nightly basis. The permanent damage is usually nothing serious for the average joe, but for a pro athlete of the highest level like KP, he said effects of chronic inflammation can completely change the course of his career. Stated KP has to conrol the inflammation (through anti-inflammatories, rest, compression/elevation, ice), get the correct physical therapy, and get drainage if necessary.

LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
Yankeeknickfan
RealGM
And1: 4,627

Post#151 » by Yankeeknickfan » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:48 am

Context wrote:
Yankeeknickfan wrote:Doctor friend of mine was telling me it probably is bursitis of the elbow. Basically, he was telling me it seems like chronic inflammation of the sac around the elbow joint. if you let it go on too long and don't let it heal, and instead increase the inflammation with overuse + trauma then permanent damage, among other things, can occur and probably will with the amount of work done by Porzingis on a nightly basis. The permanent damage is usually nothing serious for the average joe, but for a pro athlete of the highest level like KP, he said effects of chronic inflammation can completely change the course of his career. Stated KP has to conrol the inflammation (through anti-inflammatories, rest, compression/elevation, ice), get the correct physical therapy, and get drainage if necessary.

What? Not final enough? we need to really see how serious of a problem this is, and how if affects his future. If it's bad, shut him down. Better?
Imageceltics
knickstape21
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,738

Post#152 » by knickstape21 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:54 am

Raptors are paying Lowry 100 mil lol.
JBreezeNY
RealGM
And1: 10,734

Post#153 » by JBreezeNY » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:01 am

Yankeeknickfan wrote:
Context wrote:

What? Not final enough? we need to really see how serious of a problem this is, and how if affects his future. If it's bad, shut him down. Better?

Context comes from the era where when you quoted a post without adding a comment you’re quoting for truth. Same as bolding a post. Relax fam.
Context
RealGM
And1: 12,288

Post#154 » by Context » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:23 am

Yankeeknickfan wrote:
Context wrote:

i got what you were saying the first time- I quoted you in support 8-)
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
levendis
Sixth Man
And1: 1,189

Post#155 » by levendis » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:40 am

Embrace the tank baby. Luka Doncic come home
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,640

Post#156 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:01 am

levendis wrote:Embrace the tank baby. Luka Doncic come home

It truly is a win-win situation for us.
Zingod
Rookie
And1: 895

Post#157 » by Zingod » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:08 am

At home Porzingis plays like a top 5 player

More often than not on road he plays like a scared, frustrated Ryan Anderson.
MrOrange
Senior
And1: 417

Post#158 » by MrOrange » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:25 am

DowNY wrote:This is Porzingis 1st bad game since the Celtics game (12 & 5).

Jazz game he posted 22 & 8 with 2 assists & 2 blocks (good game if not held to superhuman expectations).
Cavs game he posted 20 & 7 with 2 steals, 1 block & 1 assist (quality outing had the game ended with a win as it should've)

13 & 4 is just trash. 4 blocks are cool but need more offensive output from our #1. Chalk it up as a bad game that he (& the rest of the team) didn't get up for.

This was worse than the Celtics game. It is not just about the shot not falling. There was no energy, KP was outhustled, outmuscled on both ends of the floor by pretty much everyone. As was most of the team. Jack and Beasley were the only true positives.
Zingod
Rookie
And1: 895

Post#159 » by Zingod » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:27 am

robillionaire wrote:Can anyone explain why Frank had his minutes reduced from 20 to 17 lol

Because you guys call him FrankFROOTER :banghead:
MrOrange
Senior
And1: 417

Post#160 » by MrOrange » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:31 am

Yeah, I also wrote about it some time ago. And was more optimistic, but it could well be the case. It is probably wiser to do the procedure now. It is not complicated and he would be back in a few weeks. He does not need to be shut down permanently. If it goes on like this without treatment, it can be a damaged season and just be getting worse medically. It cannot wait until summer anymore. However, it does not justify KP's performance in other aspects of the game last night.

Return to New York Knicks