ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Knicks vs Toronto- 11-17-2017

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,407

Re: PG: Knicks vs Toronto- 11-17-2017 

Post#61 » by robillionaire » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:26 am

Can anyone explain why Frank had his minutes reduced from 20 to 17 lol
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,275

Post#62 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:26 am

IllmaticHandler wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
Amsterdam wrote:Some of you guys are too funny.
KP torches the league for about 30+, 40+ games and EVERYONE is posting gifs, posting youtube highlights and then going to sleep hugging the pillow like its KP's nuts.

Two games later the 22 yr old's body is either adjusting again for playing non-stop for a year, injured or whatever but some of you are filing divorce papers.

Lol. Funny fans we got.

You see you're the one making it into a drama. Nobody filed for divorce papers. When the drop-off is from elite play to bad play accompanied by lack of energy and focus for several straight games then it is called noticing a pattern.

Expressing concern and hoping things are alright is not bi-polar. But it is honest.

Its the era of soft knick fans. You cant even be objective anymore.

I'm a Knicks fan first, players second.

I have no problem at all critiquing any player. It could be a slump. The elbow. Stamina. Don't know, but three games in a row he is not even average.

And I don't recall anyone guaranteeing playoffs, but most conceded that if he played like the first 10 games it would be hard not to get a seed.

An honest person then also says without that All-Star level of play from KP this is not a playoff team.

Pretty basic observations IMO
ImageImageImage
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,340

Post#63 » by Phish Tank » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:27 am

robillionaire wrote:Can anyone explain why Frank had his minutes reduced from 20 to 17 lol

he didn't play in the last 5 minutes of the game when the garbage players came in so that's prolly why the minutes were down
Amsterdam
Analyst
And1: 1,622

Post#64 » by Amsterdam » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:27 am

April madness wrote:
KP torches the league for about 30+, 40+ games and EVERYONE is posting gifs, posting youtube highlights and then going to sleep hugging the pillow like its KP's nuts.

Two games later the 22 yr old's body is either adjusting again for playing non-stop for a year, injured or whatever but some of you are filing divorce papers.

Lol. Funny fans we got.

Well I am not a longtimer on this board but already have learned that you have to overreact here. :dontknow:

You don't have to follow the small herd.

Some dudes here are just drama queens (no disrespect to drama queens).
:roll:
ChaosHamster
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,864

Post#65 » by ChaosHamster » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:27 am

robillionaire wrote:Can anyone explain why Frank had his minutes reduced from 20 to 17 lol

Wasn't that good on defense tonight. So I guess probably why.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#66 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:27 am

Hornacek uses astrological charts to assign minutes. Frank's moon was ascendant so his minutes got cut.
ImageImageImage
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,340

Post#67 » by Phish Tank » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:28 am

it's one thing to miss shots.

It's another thing to be gassed and have a lack of energy against guys like Siakam. That's really no excuse. I hope Janis spent the summer trying to provide a remedy to KP's anemia, but the energy was off.
Wolfgang630
RealGM
And1: 16,429

Post#68 » by Wolfgang630 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:29 am

ChaosHamster wrote:

Wasn't that good on defense tonight. So I guess probably why.

Oh give me a break. He was much more aggressive tonight. He should’ve played more and started.
CharlesOakley
Veteran
And1: 2,486

Post#69 » by CharlesOakley » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:31 am

ChaosHamster wrote:I really didn't know that for a fact before I made a comment in the game thread, that all of our shots are heavily contested and we aren't getting any wide open looks.

Yeap, last in the league in wide open attempts per game: http://stats.nba.com/teams/shots-closest-defender/?Season=2017-18&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&CloseDefDistRange=6%2B%20Feet%20-%20Wide%20Open&sort=FGA&dir=1

I think its time to blow it up. Success of this team is unsustainable.

A lot of home games early.
No injuries.
Leaders getting hot.

The three leaders in this category are Utah, Dallas, and Chicago. I don't think this means anything.
Adelheid
RealGM
And1: 6,819

Post#70 » by Adelheid » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:33 am

KP took boxing lessons if I remember correctly. Wonder if it actually helped his stamina levels.
ChaosHamster
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,864

Post#71 » by ChaosHamster » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:34 am

CharlesOakley wrote:
ChaosHamster wrote:I really didn't know that for a fact before I made a comment in the game thread, that all of our shots are heavily contested and we aren't getting any wide open looks.

Yeap, last in the league in wide open attempts per game: http://stats.nba.com/teams/shots-closest-defender/?Season=2017-18&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&CloseDefDistRange=6%2B%20Feet%20-%20Wide%20Open&sort=FGA&dir=1

I think its time to blow it up. Success of this team is unsustainable.

A lot of home games early.
No injuries.
Leaders getting hot.

The three leaders in this category are Utah, Dallas, and Chicago. I don't think this means anything.

They are also shooting with a bad %. They move the ball are getting open looks, they just shoot terribly.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,610

Post#72 » by mpharris36 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:34 am

Phish Tank wrote:

he didn't play in the last 5 minutes of the game when the garbage players came in so that's prolly why the minutes were down

he keeps playing 6 minutes in the first half....its unacceptable.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Context
RealGM
And1: 12,317

Post#73 » by Context » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:34 am

stuporman wrote:If the past few games is KP playing with an issue in his elbow he'll need to have work done on it just do it now and let the tank happen, it's the best thing for the long term of the franchise.

The Knicks stealth tank will be called the procedure....

i feel the same way...
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
Drazen8
Sophomore
And1: 126

Post#74 » by Drazen8 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:35 am

Ugly game.
Kp doesn't look shiny anymore. He doesn't have the same lift and isn't squaring up the same on his shot.
I wouldn't mind them working in some off days for him just to get through a whole season. That is unless the elbow really needs work, then get it fixed sooner than later.
Not sure why Frank was pulled in the fourth, he needs reps.
Would have liked to see Dotson playing over Lee in the second half.
Noah sounds really down.

Jeff needs to be playing the younger guys more when they get down like that on the road.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,465

Post#75 » by KnicksGod » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:35 am

It annoys me that Lowry's short and overrated ass thinks it's his great D. It's anemia and bursitis, not you.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#76 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:37 am

Amsterdam wrote:
April madness wrote:

Lol. Funny fans we got.

Well I am not a longtimer on this board but already have learned that you have to overreact here. :dontknow:

You don't have to follow the small herd.

Some dudes here are just drama queens (no disrespect to drama queens).
:roll:

You're trolling and baiting.

No drama is here except what you are doing now.
ImageImageImage
Amsterdam
Analyst
And1: 1,622

Post#77 » by Amsterdam » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:37 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
You see you're the one making it into a drama. Nobody filed for divorce papers. When the drop-off is from elite play to bad play accompanied by lack of energy and focus for several straight games then it is called noticing a pattern.

Expressing concern and hoping things are alright is not bi-polar. But it is honest.

I have no problem at all critiquing any player. It could be a slump. The elbow. Stamina. Don't know, but three games in a row he is not even average.

And I don't recall anyone guaranteeing playoffs, but most conceded that if he played like the first 10 games it would be hard not to get a seed.

An honest person then also says without that All-Star level of play from KP this is not a playoff team.

Since the elbow has been a subject matter, KPs game has been affected. Not a lack of focus or desire etc.

What KP should do is sit a few games.
Resulting in the Knicks going on a nice losing streak, having the playoff balloons pop and tank commanders roll out brand new T90s. So then everyone will be happy.

Its understandable if this is a veteran all-star but a 22 yr old, carrying his team? He played how many games in a year? Maybe sore?

Its not about being soft, its about being patient with young players.
Wolfgang630
RealGM
And1: 16,429

Post#78 » by Wolfgang630 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:37 am

The media needs to ask KP or Jeff what’s going on with his elbow and stamina. Dude needs to sit if he has problems. I can’t watch him play like that. He looks bad. Just let us tank in peace.

KP needs to forget about the playoffs. Let next year be about the playoffs.
CharlesOakley
Veteran
And1: 2,486

Post#79 » by CharlesOakley » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:38 am

I'm not worried about the offense. We just missed everything and had a lot of good looks. KP's energy on defense was a joke and I hope he gets chewed out for it. Everyone looked a little flat.

I don't think we can keep starting games with Jack. He just can't stay in front of anyone and his rotations are painfully slow. Every game we dig a big hole. In about 10 games I expect we'll know for sure whether we are pretenders or not.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#80 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:40 am

Amsterdam wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

Since the elbow has been a subject matter, KPs game has been affected. Not a lack of focus or desire etc.

What KP should do is sit a few games.
Resulting in the Knicks going on a nice losing streak, having the playoff balloons pop and tank commanders roll out brand new T90s.

Its understandable if this is a veteran all-star but a 22 yr old, carrying his team. He played how many games in a year?

Even Aaron Judge went on a long slump costing him the MVP award.

Its not about being soft, its about being patient with young players.

Why couldn't you just post this instead of the other bullcrap?

Disagreement is fine with me so this post of yours is perfectly fine with me.

For the record, I don't know what KP's issues are the past three games, but I saw lack of focus tonight. You disagree. Leave it at that.
ImageImageImage

Return to New York Knicks