ImageImageImageImageImage

This isn't a playoff team

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,924

Re: This isn't a playoff team 

Post#61 » by god shammgod » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:50 pm

Red Vines wrote:If we really need to get into the top 10 we can package our pick with the Bulls 2nd rounder.

is this sarcasm ?
Red Vines
RealGM
And1: 8,575

Post#62 » by Red Vines » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:53 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Red Vines wrote:If we really need to get into the top 10 we can package our pick with the Bulls 2nd rounder.

is this sarcasm ?

No we could move from 14 to 8 possibly if there's a player we really want. Don't need to throw away the season to move up a few spots.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,924

Post#63 » by god shammgod » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:58 pm

Red Vines wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

is this sarcasm ?

No we could move from 14 to 8 possibly if there's a player we really want. Don't need to throw away the season to move up a few spots.

i really don't think that's likely for the bulls pick. and we're certainly not getting to the top 5 which is where you want to be.
Red Vines
RealGM

Post#64 » by Red Vines » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:08 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Red Vines wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
is this sarcasm ?

i really don't think that's likely for the bulls pick. and we're certainly not getting to the top 5 which is where you want to be.

I think a top 10 pick can get you the second best, maybe our preferred, SF in the draft which I expect we'll target. Bigs and PGs are more coveted. Kuzma went 27th, our scouts will find a player.
Zingod
Rookie
And1: 895

Post#65 » by Zingod » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:12 pm

digitaldropoff wrote:Did anyone actually consider the Knicks a playoff team? At least before the season began? Knicks fans may have gotten a little hype, but even the most hopeful fans can clearly see several holes.....a lot of youth, **** vets.......there's really nothing resembling a playoff team unless the East is even worse than it has been in the past few. And we all know, that's pretty hard to imagine. The main goal of the Knicks should be assessing their youth....nothing more.

Only casual fans or idiots think this is a playoff team no matter how bad the east is.
Bill Pidto
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,530

Post#66 » by Bill Pidto » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:12 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Bill Pidto wrote:New York Knicks fans:

Hire Phil. Blow up the team. But don't tank. TANK. UGH. Don't draft Porzingis. Fire Phil? Porzingis was a good pick though. Make the playoffs. Didn't make the playoffs? Fire Phil. Oh wait, D-Rose and Noah. Better make the playoffs. Wait, don't make the playoffs. Tank. But don't trade Melo. 7th pick? C'mon, fire Phil. HE TOOK FRANK? FIRE PHIL AND DONT TRADE MELO. Yay Phil is gone, now trade Melo. Oh no! Melo is gone so we have to tank! Oh wait, this team is good. Oh sh*t KP is amazing! KP was the greatest pick ever!! Frank was a great pick too! Phil wasn't so bad! LET'S WIN THE TITLE!!!! What the hell? KP sucks! Where did Frank's assists go?? This team sucks!! WHY AREN'T WE TANKING?!?!?!? FIRE EVERYONEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Bill Pidto:

Edit: lol posted this on accident. Thanks for the And1, buzz.
vallen
RealGM
And1: 3,058

Post#67 » by vallen » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:15 pm

anybody in the east is a possible playoff team. its wide MF'n open.
There's something about an underdog that really inspires the unexceptional.
Zingod
Rookie
And1: 895

Post#68 » by Zingod » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:28 pm

vallen wrote:anybody in the east is a possible playoff team. its wide MF'n open.

I will cut my penis off if Bulls or Hawks make the playoffs.
xNewYorkMadex
General Manager
And1: 5,758

Post#69 » by xNewYorkMadex » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:29 pm

Knicks arent that good of a team to begin with.

They'll be up and down all year long. What separates us from being a playoff team and having the 7-10th pick is how well we perform at home. If we continue to play this well at home we could sneak in. If not, the wheels will fall off. Especially by mid January when the team is guaranteed to lose most of those games. I dont expect this team to perform well on the road.
Andrea Bargnani nYk 2013-2015
bigtimeRC3
Pro Prospect
And1: 571

Post#70 » by bigtimeRC3 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:35 pm

we have a 34 year old jarret jack running the point guard position. he is unwatchable with his slow long 2s. Its obvious he cant guard opposing point guards. He is too old, too slow for that. frank is honestly a much better initiator of the offense. hornacek for some reason refuses to play him and when he does play well, he subs in jack and **** everything up. :banghead:
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,903

Post#71 » by DaGawd » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:35 pm

I dont see anyone coughing up a top 10 for a measley second rounder
BaF
Washington Wizards
Red Vines
RealGM

Post#72 » by Red Vines » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:40 pm

DaGawd wrote:

If it's the first pick of the 2nd round. There's always good players who drop.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,903

Post#73 » by DaGawd » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:59 pm

Red Vines wrote:
DaGawd wrote:

Obviously.. but your chances of drafting a good player are higher with the top 10 pick.. why wpuld anyone play with fire like that
BaF
Washington Wizards
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,901

Post#74 » by nykballa2k4 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:59 pm

symbiotic wrote:I'm so happy for that lottery reform in 2019 so borderline teamslike the Knickshave a greater chance to jump the Knicks for a top 3 draft pick.

Hope abounds just in case.

fify
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
Red Vines
RealGM

Post#75 » by Red Vines » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:09 pm

DaGawd wrote:
Red Vines wrote:
DaGawd wrote:I dont see anyone coughing up a top 10 for a measley second rounder

Obviously.. but your chances of drafting a good player are higher with the top 10 pick.. why wpuld anyone play with fire like that

Idk about that. If you gave one team the 9th pick and another team the 14th & 31st picks who is more likely to land a good player? There's busts and sleepers every year.
Da_Mane_Man
General Manager
And1: 1,590

Post#76 » by Da_Mane_Man » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:18 pm

i don't really care if it is or not, i just want them to learn and build chemistry.

obviously, when i watch the games i'm rooting for them to win, which is a change in itself because i came into the season wanting to tank HARD, but if you're rooting for wins then i guess the only logical conclusion is that you're rooting for playoffs.

also, i don't think you can learn anything from one game. we will get better as the season goes on, regardless of how we look now.

side note: how long would it take to recover if KP had the elbow procedure now?
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,647

Post#77 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:24 pm

Red Vines wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Red Vines wrote:

I think a top 10 pick can get you the second best, maybe our preferred, SF in the draft which I expect we'll target. Bigs and PGs are more coveted. Kuzma went 27th, our scouts will find a player.

Wasn't Donovan Mitchell taken in the later part of the first round. I also like OG Anunoby and he was picked late too, wasn't he?
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,647

Post#78 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:26 pm

Da_Mane_Man wrote:i don't really care if it is or not, i just want them to learn and build chemistry.

obviously, when i watch the games i'm rooting for them to win, which is a change in itself because i came into the season wanting to tank HARD, but if you're rooting for wins then i guess the only logical conclusion is that you're rooting for playoffs.

also, i don't think you can learn anything from one game. we will get better as the season goes on, regardless of how we look now.

side note: how long would it take to recover if KP had the elbow procedure now?

I put up a thread and posted an article on the possible treatment modalities.
PeoplesChamp
Bench Warmer
And1: 943

Post#79 » by PeoplesChamp » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:40 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:
WajaBawl wrote:If the front office would have any sort of long-term vision we would be gunning for that 5th overall pick.

You must want the Phil Jackson approach of gutting the team every year, then using the cap space on a really bad vet.

This regime is opting for cohesion. They'll lose games, quite a few to be honest.

If you want the 5th overall pick or better....you have to trade KP.

I think people lose sight of this in the painful moment of losing. Who the f--k ever wants to lose? KP is too good to lose so many games. Probably ever again. And if there's a good way to lose out on a tank, that is #1. Winning off of your future young core is a great development.

KP has a shot at being the best player in the league someday soon. That's good for a certain amount of wins alone.
anotherhomer
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,999

Post#80 » by anotherhomer » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:51 pm

bigtimeRC3 wrote:we have a 34 year old jarret jack running the point guard position. he is unwatchable with his slow long 2s. Its obvious he cant guard opposing point guards. He is too old, too slow for that. frank is honestly a much better initiator of the offense. hornacek for some reason refuses to play him and when he does play well, he subs in jack and **** everything up. :banghead:

I think its the right move if you looking at the long term development of frank. Let frank grow and develop from the bench role and when hes ready let him take over the starting role

Return to New York Knicks