ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Punisher (Marvel)

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Hemispheres
Veteran
And1: 981

Re: OT: Punisher (Marvel) 

Post#61 » by Hemispheres » Sun Dec 3, 2017 1:22 am

Buttah304 wrote:Punisher was excellent - happy that this show put the wheels back on track.

I was so utterly disappointed with Luke Cage, Iron First and The Defenders.

Having said that nothing in my eyes tops Dare Devil. To me that show is as close to perfect as it gets. Vincent D'Onofrio's performance is intoxicating.

I'm pretty lockstep with you on your opinions there. Daredevil was the best, then Punisher. The rest ranging from not so good (Jessica Jones) to pretty damn bad (Luke Cage/Iron Fist).

Defenders was also super disappointing.

Shane makes a good Frank Castle but I liked him better as a support character in Daredevil rather than being the main guy.

Anyone watch Runaways on Hulu? Don't have Hulu currently so I can't watch it yet. But I'm tempted. Runaways is one of my favorite Marvel comics of all time (the first 2 BKV runs only).
malik959
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,832

Post#62 » by malik959 » Wed Dec 6, 2017 8:12 am

Best Series Ever!!!!!
Johnny Firpo
RealGM
And1: 8,684

Post#63 » by Johnny Firpo » Wed Dec 6, 2017 7:40 pm

Defenders was soooo average, it hurt. I saw it a couple of weeks ago, and I could barely talk about the plot. I liked Luke Cage for a while, then it became crap once they killed off the best character, and Diamondback, a significantly weaker villain took over. Jessica Jones I liked, but Iron Fist so darn weak. The fight scenes? Utter crap coreography, why couldn't they make it look like Into the Badlands? Anyway, Punisher is my 2nd favorite too, after Daredevil Season 1. That one will be hard to top.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,918

Post#64 » by F N 11 » Wed Dec 6, 2017 7:58 pm

im 4 episodes in. I didnt watch flash. Did I screw up?
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,627

Post#65 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Dec 7, 2017 8:00 am

K P 6 wrote:im 4 episodes in. I didnt watch flash. Did I screw up?

Not Flash. Daredevil. But don't worry about it. Watch Daredevil when you can. It's excellent too.
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,650

Post#66 » by prophet_of_rage » Thu Dec 7, 2017 3:36 pm

Hemispheres wrote:
Buttah304 wrote:Punisher was excellent - happy that this show put the wheels back on track.

I was so utterly disappointed with Luke Cage, Iron First and The Defenders.

Having said that nothing in my eyes tops Dare Devil. To me that show is as close to perfect as it gets. Vincent D'Onofrio's performance is intoxicating.

I'm pretty lockstep with you on your opinions there. Daredevil was the best, then Punisher. The rest ranging from not so good (Jessica Jones) to pretty damn bad (Luke Cage/Iron Fist).

Defenders was also super disappointing.

Shane makes a good Frank Castle but I liked him better as a support character in Daredevil rather than being the main guy.

Anyone watch Runaways on Hulu? Don't have Hulu currently so I can't watch it yet. But I'm tempted. Runaways is one of my favorite Marvel comics of all time (the first 2 BKV runs only).

Jessica Jones' rape survivor metaphor series is the best for me. Daredevil season 1 is next simply because of D'Onofrio's Kingpin. Luke Cage was great until they killed Cottonmouth and tried to replace him with Diamondback, something they also did in the Defenders and Iron Fist to the same poor effect. The Hand really drags down any show they are involved in because their motivation is weak at best and their threat seems largely inconsequential. The dragonbones under New York idea was silly to me. And why waste your last immortality potion on someone other than yourself? It made no sense.

Elektra also drags down anything she's in. And that ruined season 2 of Daredevil.

I watch Punisher an episode a week and so far so good.

Return to New York Knicks