ImageImageImageImageImage

This is a playoff team

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Galloisdaman
Analyst
And1: 2,167

Re: This is a playoff team 

Post#61 » by Galloisdaman » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:48 pm

I do not know where they will end up but it is nice to see them play like a team. Their attitude and appearance looks so different than it had for most of the last 5 years. Even in the loss to the Cavs they showed that they are now a real team. I respect how they have come together.
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,348

Post#62 » by dakomish23 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:22 pm

xNewYorkMadex wrote:Too early.

Knicks lasted up until Christmas last season until the wheels fell off. The year before that I believe we lasted until the 44th game of the season before we completely fell apart.

I've learned my lesson. Its a very long season. Plus we've had a lot of home games to start. Damn near every team in the NBA performs worst on the road.

We’ve also made a lot of comebacks in games that would of been losses had KP not gone nuclear. Recently he’s struggled some and other guys have stepped up, so maybe we just have one of those seasons where you can ride the hot hand and the rest of the team fills in the gaps. We’ve seen this before in 11-12. Plus we’ve been healthy.

Like you said - it’s a long season and who knows what happens.

I’m just glad the youth have played well (the ones who actually play at least).
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Jim Dolan
Starter
And1: 470

Post#63 » by Jim Dolan » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:57 pm

need an upgrade over Jack if possible
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,864

Post#64 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:35 pm

Jim Dolan wrote:need an upgrade over Jack if possible

Need insurance for Jack is more like it.

Whether his repaired legs hold up and can go into the playoffs is the question.

Right now it appears Jack may be gaining strength, but we can't ride him too hard or his stamina will fail.

If Jack holds up, there is no reason to discount his effectiveness as a playoff PG. If anything, his veteran knowledge grows in importance.

Frank may not start for a while under current conditions.

Baker has been injured. All of the stupid crap said on this board ignores that. He can still contribute off the bench to give us more depth. He can give most of his minutes at the off-guard position and can fill in spot minutes at PG.

Jack's durability is the issue, not his ability to get the job done for now.
ImageImageImage
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,545

Post#65 » by newyorker4ever » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:28 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:

Right now it appears Jack may be gaining strength, but we can't ride him too hard or his stamina will fail.

If Jack holds up, there is no reason to discount his effectiveness as a playoff PG. If anything, his veteran knowledge grows in importance.

Baker has been injured. All of the stupid crap said on this board ignores that. He can still contribute off the bench to give us more depth. He can give most of his minutes at the off-guard position and can fill in spot minutes at PG.

D.Rose has once again left his team. He's taking time away from the team to evaluate his basketball future...lol. This poor guy has serious issues upstairs.
Lotsix
Rookie
And1: 287

Post#66 » by Lotsix » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:35 pm

Our Knicks will be in the playoffs this year, they play some suffocating Defense when KP Lee Frank and THJR are in the game. Kantet is a rebounding machine and for an all the dirty work and makes KP life easier and KP being able to roam around from the free throw line down with less than 2 finals should be illegal. This team will get better as time goes on, I'm sick of the tanking talkers, you need to get the young guys feet wet in the playoffs and when your team looks stable, in the playoffs and has a player like KP it will be easier to attract FA. We have a good scouting group and will find a player in the first round.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,864

Post#67 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:37 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

D.Rose has once again left his team. He's taking time away from the team to evaluate his basketball future...lol. This poor guy has serious issues upstairs.

Didn't know that. I'm so Knicks-centric I miss lots of NBA news unless I catch it on the RealGM feed.

Rose is not really a good basketball player. He was an athletic prodigy and that gave him a few good years where he could impact the game through sheer force of will.

I'll take basketball IQ every time.

The qualitative difference between Jack and Rose couldn't be more apparent.

It is also why I expect the long-term dividends of Frank will be superior to a player like DSJr
ImageImageImage
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,215

Post#68 » by Jalen Bluntson » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:31 pm

NYKat wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
NYKat wrote:
Actually a season ending injury may not be the worst thing so we can tank in peace...

Similar to how San Antonio nabbed Tim Duncan when David Robinson went down for the season in 96

Not looking for injuries to drive the tank. I agree with your point but, I just don't like the idea.

I actually think its better, right?

We can lose without being losers (cause we can always blame it on injuries)

Then come back next year with a stud to pair with Frank and Porzingis. Best of both worlds if you ask me.

Unless it's a career ending injury or, an Injury that is reoccurring. You never wish for injury to players. Especially your own team.
:beer: RIP mags
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,545

Post#69 » by newyorker4ever » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:18 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

Didn't know that. I'm so Knicks-centric I miss lots of NBA news unless I catch it on the RealGM feed.

Rose is not really a good basketball player. He was an athletic prodigy and that gave him a few good years where he could impact the game through sheer force of will.

I'll take basketball IQ every time.

The qualitative difference between Jack and Rose couldn't be more apparent.

It is also why I expect the long-term dividends of Frank will be superior to a player like DSJr

Well i wasn't trying to suggest bringing Rose back cause i don't ever want to see him wearing a Knicks jersey ever again, i was just posting that about Rose cause i saw it while i was already on this thread.
blanko
Starter
And1: 1,143

Post#70 » by blanko » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:20 am

Thugger HBC wrote:
NYKat wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:Sorry, don't want a player to have a season ending injury just for a higher draft pick. BTW, that's not really how the Spurs did it either.

Lol at revisionist history

"Tank? What tank?" :roll: :talkhand:

If you think David Robinson being injured was why they lost all those games you clearly dont really know what happened.

Let's not forget, the celitcs actually tried to tank and ended up with Billups and Mercer. The spurs offense and defense was designed around robinson, add to that their second best player(sean elliot) being out for the year made a perfect storm. Did they try to loose games also? Ofcourse, but loosing robinson for the year made it much easier. Unless KP is out for the year, we can't and shouldn't tank.

"The ’95-’96 San Antonio Spurs won 59 games. At the beginning of the next season, star player David Robinson, aka “The Admiral,” aka the platonic ideal of an athlete, was battling back spasms, a nagging injury picked up in the preseason. Six games into the regular season, Robinson broke his foot in a home game against the Miami Heat. Robinson’s ship officially sank.

Then, Sean Elliot, the Spurs’ forward, who averaged 20 points per game the year before, succumbed to right knee tendonitis and only ended up playing 39 games for the team that season. For a player nicknamed “Ninja,” this disappearing act would prove opportune for San Antonio. Finally, a player with a name like a bad alias — Chuck Person, San Antonio’s other forward — also sat out the entire year with back spasms.

After starting the season 3-15, coach Bob Hill was fired, and general manager Gregg Popovich installed himself as head coach. Pop would lead the Spurs to a final record of 20-62, the only losing season on Popovich’s sterling resume and the first (and last) losing season for San Antonio since ’88-’89. The team’s descent from 59 wins to 20 remains the second largest single-season decline in league history.

It would be foolish to say that the front office could have predicted these injuries going into the season. It would be offensive to say that the injuries to these players were faked, not serious, or possibly exaggerated. It is, however, very possible to posit that the only reason the Spurs encouraged three of their best players to spend the entire season on the sidelines in a sports universe where words like “toughness” and “fortitude” are flung around often as synonyms for “amazing” was because of The Big Fundamental. The Spurs finished with the third worst record in the league.

The Vancouver (now Memphis) Grizzlies finished at the very bottom, with a 14-62 record, but were disqualified from the lottery due to the organization’s status as an expansion team. Second? The Boston Celtics, winning 15 games and finishing with the third overall pick. The Celtics had unabashedly tanked for Tim Duncan, going so far as to hire M.L. Carr to “take one for the team” (his words) and win as few games as possible; the team used its pick to draft future Finals MVP Chauncey Billups, only to trade him after a paltry 51 games because then-coach and GM Rick Pitino was a bad man who did bad things."

https://www.cheatsheet.com/stocks/5-nba-teams-that-successfully-tanked-for-the-draft.html/?a=viewall
DrKnick
Starter
And1: 580

Post#71 » by DrKnick » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:10 pm

Gotta love the bi-polarism of this forum! :lol:
NYKat
RealGM
And1: 4,389

Post#72 » by NYKat » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:02 am

DrKnick wrote:
NYKat wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:10-7. Fun times. Fun team. Lots of games left to play. Knock wood no serious injuries.

Actually a season ending injury may not be the worst thing so we can tank in peace...

Similar to how San Antonio nabbed Tim Duncan when David Robinson went down for the season in 96

You want a season-ending injury on .... ****, I don't wanna jinx ...

it honestly wasn't my intention to speak this into existence...

I wish I could do that with money :sigh: :confused:
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#73 » by magnumt » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:26 am

Told you guys the 3 fame losing streak was us missing Kanter (and Porzingis).

His energy and hustle play/heart drives a lot of our wins this Season. He ALREADY has a near double-double at the half! :lol:

--Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,215

Post#74 » by Jalen Bluntson » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:10 am

magnumt wrote:Told you guys the 3 fame losing streak was us missing Kanter (and Porzingis).

His energy and hustle play/heart drives a lot of our wins this Season. He ALREADY has a near double-double at the half! :lol:

--Mags :beer:

Like I said in the GT...Beast! 18/13 at the half without KP! Enes Kanter Gangster! EKG....the heart of this team! I love him now. I wanted him traded in preseason! Crow stew!

EKG MVP!
:beer: RIP mags

Return to New York Knicks