ImageImageImageImageImage

This is a playoff team

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

N Y K
RealGM
And1: 8,451

Re: This is a playoff team 

Post#41 » by N Y K » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:28 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:
Damas wrote:
N Y K wrote:Image

December 6th 2016 last year with Melo, we were 12-9 and people were saying the same thing.

We got a good win, chill and stop trying to jinx our asses.

If you can't see the differences with this team and last years team then you need to see the eye doctor. I'm pretty sure nobody is thinking we're some great team that's ready to make any kind of playoff run but this team has so much more then any team we've had in years.

Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,308

Post#42 » by Jalen Bluntson » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:18 am

10-7. Fun times. Fun team. Lots of games left to play. Knock wood no serious injuries. The lack of road games is a concern. Right now it's fun to watch. Win or lose, this season is better than I expected. In the end...we still play 41 home games and 41 on the road. That January schedule looks daunting but, I ain't scared. These kids are building chemistry and confidence and, we can only hope it carries over on the road. .500 record is most likely a playoff team in the East.
:beer: RIP mags
fatalogic
Veteran
And1: 2,147

Post#43 » by fatalogic » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:33 am

They probably aren’t but idc either way. It’s a rebuilding year and neither the fans nor the team should lose sight of that. Build the team, improve and build a winning culture. Playoffs would be a nice side effect of those goals but not the 1 goal.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
NYKat
RealGM
And1: 4,395

Post#44 » by NYKat » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:45 am

Are We Ther Yet wrote:10-7. Fun times. Fun team. Lots of games left to play. Knock wood no serious injuries.

Actually a season ending injury may not be the worst thing so we can tank in peace...

Similar to how San Antonio nabbed Tim Duncan when David Robinson went down for the season in 96
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,308

Post#45 » by Jalen Bluntson » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:58 am

NYKat wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:10-7. Fun times. Fun team. Lots of games left to play. Knock wood no serious injuries.

Actually a season ending injury may not be the worst thing so we can tank in peace...

Similar to how San Antonio nabbed Tim Duncan when David Robinson went down for the season in 96

Not looking for injuries to drive the tank. I agree with your point but, I just don't like the idea.
:beer: RIP mags
PeoplesChamp
Bench Warmer
And1: 943

Post#46 » by PeoplesChamp » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:56 am

NYKat wrote:

Be careful what you wish for.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,068

Re: RE: Re: This is a playoff team 

Post#47 » by GONYK » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:32 am

NYKat wrote:

Butch718
RealGM
And1: 6,574

Post#48 » by Butch718 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:05 am

At this point,why would any Knick fan in their right mind want this team to tank? Haven't any of you learned anything by now? If you want to lure a top FA to NY to pair with Porgingis, you have to establish a foundation and a winning culture. Sure getting a stud lottery pick to pair with Porzingis and Frank would be nice, but that alone won't guarantee luring a big FA here if this team continues to suck year after year.

I hope this team makes the playoffs. I want our players to succeed and play well because it will increase their trade value. F*ck tanking. If this team continues to grow, players will want to come here and be part of that culture. Just look at MSG right now. There's real enthusiasm and buzz because of the youth and direction of our team.
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,066

Post#49 » by stuporman » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:47 am

The Knicks are going to have to find their DGreen, Jokic, Gobert or Kuzma type stand out stud later in the draft because they may not get another top lottery pick again barring major injuries.

I don't like the idea of trying to lure a high dollar FA because that rarely works out well for them and THard may be their best shot successfully accomplishing that. A rising young player that outperforms the contract is hard to find and unless a true star takes a discount to come it becomes nearly impossible to fit a complete title competitive roster under the cap.

Just let this young group grow together, add young players on the cheap and shed the dead salary as painlessly as possible, no quick fixes or short cuts!

Playoffs are on the horizon for sure even if it doesn't happen this season and the Knicks are in the weaker east which is a more forgiving environment to grow in so just be patient.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
DrKnick
Starter
And1: 580

Post#50 » by DrKnick » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:57 am

NYKat wrote:

You want a season-ending injury on .... ****, I don't wanna jinx ...
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#51 » by newyorker4ever » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:00 pm

Butch718 wrote:At this point,why would any Knick fan in their right mind want this team to tank? Haven't any of you learned anything by now? If you want to lure a top FA to NY to pair with Porgingis, you have to establish a foundation and a winning culture. Sure getting a stud lottery pick to pair with Porzingis and Frank would be nice, but that alone won't guarantee luring a big FA here if this team continues to suck year after year.

I hope this team makes the playoffs. I want our players to succeed and play well because it will increase their trade value. F*ck tanking. If this team continues to grow, players will want to come here and be part of that culture. Just look at MSG right now. There's real enthusiasm and buzz because of the youth and direction of our team.

You also need at least $20-$25 mil to get the type of top FA this team needs to take that next step and we're not gonna have that next year.
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#52 » by br7knicks » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:04 pm

Oh
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
NYKat
RealGM

Post#53 » by NYKat » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:26 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
NYKat wrote:

Not looking for injuries to drive the tank. I agree with your point but, I just don't like the idea.

I actually think its better, right?

We can lose without being losers (cause we can always blame it on injuries)

Then come back next year with a stud to pair with Frank and Porzingis. Best of both worlds if you ask me.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#54 » by Thugger HBC » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:31 pm

NYKat wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
NYKat wrote:

Then come back next year with a stud to pair with Frank and Porzingis. Best of both worlds if you ask me.

Sorry, don't want a player to have a season ending injury just for a higher draft pick. BTW, that's not really how the Spurs did it either.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
rajajackal
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,348

Post#55 » by rajajackal » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:31 pm

i believe in clarence gaines. i don't care where we pick if our team is focused on developing these young players. us winning some quality games is a sign we're doing a good job of that
NYKat
RealGM

Post#56 » by NYKat » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:40 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:
NYKat wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

Sorry, don't want a player to have a season ending injury just for a higher draft pick. BTW, that's not really how the Spurs did it either.

Lol at revisionist history

"Tank? What tank?" :roll: :talkhand:
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#57 » by Thugger HBC » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:41 pm

NYKat wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:
NYKat wrote:

Lol at revisionist history

"Tank? What tank?" :roll: :talkhand:

If you think David Robinson being injured was why they lost all those games you clearly dont really know what happened.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
denterprise
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,021

Post#58 » by denterprise » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:52 pm

NYKat wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
NYKat wrote:

I understand the draft is our best shot at getting a stud given our cap and the willingness of a stud wanting to come here, but a season ending injury can just as easily become a chronic or worse a career ending injury.
el13adnino
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,855

Post#59 » by el13adnino » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:56 pm

i personally think we're going to win it all this year tbh
:crazy:
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#60 » by newyorker4ever » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:15 pm

rajajackal wrote:i believe in clarence gaines. i don't care where we pick if our team is focused on developing these young players. us winning some quality games is a sign we're doing a good job of that

We all love what C.Gaines has been a part of getting us in the draft but Phil isn't here anymore which means the word of Gaines might not be listened to as much with Perry/Mills as it was with Phil. I'm pretty sure he's already been demoted from the position he held with Phil but not 100 on that. I remember hearing something about him being moved to a different title position.

Return to New York Knicks