ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Derrick Rose leaves Cavs

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,292

Re: OT: Derrick Rose leaves Cavs 

Post#121 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:00 pm

NY2k1 wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
NY2k1 wrote:
Lol, easy to say he sucks now.

Rose carried that Chicago team to deep postseason runs.

FOH with this garbage :lol: :lol:

He sucked as far as I'm concerned. He was fast and could dribble and dunk. That's it. When her lost his bounce and his ability to stay healthy
..he sucked. He's barely played half of his games in this league. He sucked.

That's called being injury prone, not that he sucked.

Try again.

No...he's injury prone and 1 dimensional. That means he sucks and never earned his paycheck.

You might like 1 dimensional hwad cases who can't stay healthy. Smart people don't. He sucked. He still sucks.

You try again.
:beer: RIP mags
NY2k1
Starter
And1: 809

Post#122 » by NY2k1 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:10 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
NY2k1 wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
He sucked as far as I'm concerned. He was fast and could dribble and dunk. That's it. When her lost his bounce and his ability to stay healthy
..he sucked. He's barely played half of his games in this league. He sucked.

Try again.

No...he's injury prone and 1 dimensional. That means he sucks and never earned his paycheck.

You might like 1 dimensional hwad cases who can't stay healthy. Smart people don't. He sucked. He still sucks.

You try again.

He's obviously not anywhere near his MVP level anymore. Nobody is disputing that. But, to say he always sucked is simply false. Also, don't put yourself and "smart" in the same sentence.

Try again, clown :lol:
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#123 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:45 pm

NY2k1 wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
NY2k1 wrote:

Try again.

You try again.

He's obviously not anywhere near his MVP level anymore. Nobody is disputing that. But, to say he always sucked is simply false. Also, don't put yourself and "smart" in the same sentence.

GFY. EAD. STFU GTFOH.

You may like lousy shooting...non passing...low IQ players who have always been overrated. I do not.

Now piss off with your nonsense. You stupid bytch
Icandoallthings
Senior
And1: 337

Post#124 » by Icandoallthings » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:56 pm

Try as I may I just cant lump Rose with guys like TMac/Grant Hill/Brandon Roy etc. I find myself lumping him in with Noah, Bynum, Oden I guess my empathy is selective and my default response is “thoughts and prayers”.
NY2k1
Starter

Post#125 » by NY2k1 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:14 am

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
NY2k1 wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

You try again.

GFY. EAD. STFU GTFOH.

You may like lousy shooting...non passing...low IQ players who have always been overrated. I do not.

Haha, looks like somebody is getting mad. Quit hating cause you know you're wrong, clown :lol:

A bad 3 point shooter doesn't mean he's a "lousy" shooter. In that case, I guess someone like Westbrook must be overrated in your eyes. Also, non-passing and low IQ? That's how I know you have no idea of what you're talking about. Stop pretending you know what you're talking about, you're dropping people's IQ's :lol:
Ignitowsky
General Manager
And1: 2,494

Post#126 » by Ignitowsky » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:48 am

NY2k1 wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
NY2k1 wrote:

GFY. EAD. STFU GTFOH.

Haha, looks like somebody is getting mad. Quit hating cause you know you're wrong, clown :lol:

A bad 3 point shooter doesn't mean he's a "lousy" shooter. In that case, I guess someone like Westbrook must be overrated in your eyes. Also, non-passing and low IQ? That's how I know you have no idea of what you're talking about. Stop pretending you know what you're talking about, you're dropping people's IQ's :lol:

Rose is an injury prone non passing of that can't shoot 3s and had a mediocre bbiq. He makes those around him worse, and as was the case last year and now this year, becomes a team distraction. Most of us were very happy when he wasn't re-signed.
All in all he's just another prick with no wall
NY2k1
Starter

Post#127 » by NY2k1 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:55 am

Ignitowsky wrote:
NY2k1 wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
GFY. EAD. STFU GTFOH.

Rose is an injury prone non passing of that can't shoot 3s and had a mediocre bbiq. He makes those around him worse, and as was the case last year and now this year, becomes a team distraction. Most of us were very happy when he wasn't re-signed.

He's obviously not anywhere near the same player he used to be, not disputing that. I wouldn't have minded him as a 6th/7th man, but he would have never gone for that.

I agreed with not resigning him overall, though.
KnIcKsYaNkSmEtS1127
Starter
And1: 646

Post#128 » by KnIcKsYaNkSmEtS1127 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:13 am

bigtimeRC3 wrote:He has no point guard skills. He was severely overrated by the media in 2011. All he did was run really fast and moved really fast to get points . I even predicted he wouldn't last before the act tear because he does everything quickly. There's nothing that is spectacular about him . Even without his acl tear , he's not that good. Very low iq basketball.

Derrick Rose in his prime was the MVP but also the most exciting player in the game. Without Rose the Bulls were exposed. He was as good as the hype. I think he was the youngest MVP in NBA history. You don’t win MVP by accident. Please refrain from kicking the guy when he’s down. His body betrayed him.
bigtimeRC3
Pro Prospect
And1: 571

Post#129 » by bigtimeRC3 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:33 am

KnIcKsYaNkSmEtS1127 wrote:
bigtimeRC3 wrote:He has no point guard skills. He was severely overrated by the media in 2011. All he did was run really fast and moved really fast to get points . I even predicted he wouldn't last before the act tear because he does everything quickly. There's nothing that is spectacular about him . Even without his acl tear , he's not that good. Very low iq basketball.

Derrick Rose in his prime was the MVP but also the most exciting player in the game. Without Rose the Bulls were exposed. He was as good as the hype. I think he was the youngest MVP in NBA history. You don’t win MVP by accident. Please refrain from kicking the guy when he’s down. His body betrayed him.

nah he was just a more athlethic stephon marbury with a worse jumpshot. mvp is media based. the media loves the bulls and considered taj gibson an all star . the media also hyped up LOL deng and wanted the kobe for deng. marbury did the same thing in his prime years as rose. he was never special. the derrick roses, marburrys, westbrooks point guard type are not championship type players. they cant shoot 3s well and their high volume scoring doesnt work.
Metta World WAR
Junior
And1: 331

Post#130 » by Metta World WAR » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:24 am

Can only imagine how different the Rose sympathizers (I'm one of them) posts would be if he was re-signed here for big money & long years. Admittedly, I do sympathize with him, as much as I can for a multi-millionaire I don't know personally. But if he was still here? Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiitttttttt.
Ignitowsky
General Manager
And1: 2,494

Post#131 » by Ignitowsky » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:44 am

NY2k1 wrote:
Ignitowsky wrote:
NY2k1 wrote:

He's obviously not anywhere near the same player he used to be, not disputing that. I wouldn't have minded him as a 6th/7th man, but he would have never gone for that.

I agreed with not resigning him overall, though.

It seems to me that not bringing Rose back was another case of addition by subtraction. also, I think the lack of Interest that Rose got by the entire league speaks volumes about where he is now compared to his MVP season.
All in all he's just another prick with no wall
Spree2Houston
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,838

Post#132 » by Spree2Houston » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:01 am

Icandoallthings wrote:Try as I may I just cant lump Rose with guys like TMac/Grant Hill/Brandon Roy etc. I find myself lumping him in with Noah, Bynum, Oden I guess my empathy is selective and my default response is “thoughts and prayers”.

You're bugging. Derrick Rose won a MVP. Don't add his name to a list of bums that include Oden and Bynum.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#133 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:41 am

NY2k1 wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
NY2k1 wrote:

GFY. EAD. STFU GTFOH.

Listen little boy. You may ride his dick for having a couple of good seasons 10 years ago. He has been trash for MORE than half his career. Of which he's missed HALF of the games he has been paid for in his career.

The only thing he ever did well was drive the lane and leap out of the building. The rest of his game is average to below average.

Now run along because you're stupid. I'm not mad. You insult people and don't expect to get it back. Beat it kid...you're ignorance is bothering me.
CharlesOakley
Veteran
And1: 2,486

Post#134 » by CharlesOakley » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:02 am

Never liked this guy. Even his MVP season is suspect. His PER was 9th. PPG was 7th. APG as 10th. Win Shares he was 5th. I believe Chris Paul and LeBron were both better candidates that year. If Monta Ellis was in Chicago he may have been MVP.
NoStatsGuy
Analyst
And1: 1,356

Post#135 » by NoStatsGuy » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:41 am

same ****, different year. he needs to retire and see a mental doc

his ACL tear and 2 years off were too much for him
im bout dat action boss
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,207

Post#136 » by seren » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:47 pm

Horrible turn of events last summer. We could have kept Lopez and Grant instead of getting Rose and Noah. This franchise always makes the wrong move at the wrong time.

Sent from my XT1575 using RealGM mobile app
seren
RealGM

Post#137 » by seren » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:48 pm

How many mental cases wore the Knicks uniform at some point? Marbs, Francis, Baker, Darko just to name a few.

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,941

Post#138 » by Capn'O » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:58 pm

seren wrote:Horrible turn of events last summer. We could have kept Lopez and Grant instead of getting Rose and Noah. This franchise always makes the wrong move at the wrong time.

The problem is in red.

Rose trade essentially amounts to a salary dump otherwise.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
seren
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: OT: Derrick Rose leaves Cavs 

Post#139 » by seren » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:59 pm

Capn'O wrote:
seren wrote:Horrible turn of events last summer. We could have kept Lopez and Grant instead of getting Rose and Noah. This franchise always makes the wrong move at the wrong time.

The problem is in red.

Rose trade essentially amounts to a salary dump otherwise.

Yes but to me they looked like a package deal in Phil's mind.

symbiotic
Sixth Man
And1: 705

Post#140 » by symbiotic » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:03 pm

Last year he was talking about being undefeated. His teams were super teams on par with the Golden State Warriors that will be undefeated.

This is quite the change in only a year.

Return to New York Knicks