ImageImageImageImageImage

Houston PG Thread: Well, at least we had fun?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Adelheid
RealGM
And1: 6,787

Re: Houston PG Thread: Well, at least we had fun? 

Post#141 » by Adelheid » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:53 am

Problem with Frank is that every time he has the ball, he almost always pass to someone as the end-result making him so predictable. Even a pass-first player has to look for his shot to keep defenses honest. Him being 18 is not an excuse. Take a shot. Drive to the hole. Is it really that hard to think of? He is in the middle of halfcourt on a midst of a drive then suddenly picks his dribble to force-pass when he could have been open to take a shot. WTF man...Your teammates will not roast you for not making a pass from time to time, y'know. Subservient too much?
RiseOfTheEmpire
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,706

Post#142 » by RiseOfTheEmpire » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:22 am

Greenie wrote:
ctorres wrote:Even on an off night, I like how THjr still fills up the stat sheet

11pts
4reb
6ast
1stl

During his first years with the Knicks, Timmy didn't really do anything except shoot

Now, he is a very well rounded player

I thank Bud.

You have no clue about basketball, you are a fan of basketball personnel....turnover turnover turnover..he sucks..next name please...the reason why the "can't rebuild in NYC" moniker exists. What we are trying to do now, it doesn't work that way....the pining needs to stop and this has to simmer a little bit to know where we are headed 3 4 5 years down the road.

Phil got Rose to team up with Melo, Noah and other vets, and thoughts were to compete against the Cavs in the ECF and they TANKED instead...now we have a young team that we thought were primed for a tank but are playing above their pay scale and making things fun again, ACTUALLY LISTEN AND LIKE THE COACH UNLIKE YEARS PAST and we want to get rid of this for instant gratification, hopes and dreams again...I don't get it.
"I would challenge you to a battle of wits, but I see you are unarmed."
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,183

Post#143 » by DOT » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:41 am

This is why I shake my head when people point to Ryan Anderson's stats against us for why KP can't guard 4s

Dude still lit us up, and we never had a big on him

It's almost like the way we defend as a team leaves the 4 open or something

Nope, must be that the lumbering KP is physically incapable of playing the 4
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#144 » by Greenie » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:31 am

DievsZingis wrote:
Greenie wrote:
ctorres wrote:Even on an off night, I like how THjr still fills up the stat sheet

11pts
4reb
6ast
1stl

During his first years with the Knicks, Timmy didn't really do anything except shoot

I thank Bud.

You have no clue about basketball, you are a fan of basketball personnel....turnover turnover turnover..he sucks..next name please...the reason why the "can't rebuild in NYC" moniker exists. What we are trying to do now, it doesn't work that way....the pining needs to stop and this has to simmer a little bit to know where we are headed 3 4 5 years down the road.

Phil got Rose to team up with Melo, Noah and other vets, and thoughts were to compete against the Cavs in the ECF and they TANKED instead...now we have a young team that we thought were primed for a tank but are playing above their pay scale and making things fun again, ACTUALLY LISTEN AND LIKE THE COACH UNLIKE YEARS PAST and we want to get rid of this for instant gratification, hopes and dreams again...I don't get it.

I stopped reading right there.

Don’t quote me with insults.
Bye.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#145 » by Greenie » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:31 am

K-DOT wrote:This is why I shake my head when people point to Ryan Anderson's stats against us for why KP can't guard 4s

Who was the starting 4?
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,183

Post#146 » by DOT » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:39 am

Greenie wrote:
K-DOT wrote:This is why I shake my head when people point to Ryan Anderson's stats against us for why KP can't guard 4s

Who was the starting 4?

Beasley

But it's not just him and KP, it's the way we defend the PnR

The 4 always comes off their man to help, which can work if the 1, 2, and 3 all rotate correctly, which we don't do
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Bill Pidto
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,530

Post#147 » by Bill Pidto » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:57 am

DievsZingis wrote:
Greenie wrote:

11pts
4reb
6ast
1stl

I thank Bud.

Yes you do
MartinsLusis
Senior
And1: 544

Post#148 » by MartinsLusis » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:27 am

Governor Dudley wrote:With our entire roster intact, we are a middling team at best. With out our two best players? Shiiiiiiiet. I'm surprised we even had the lead at all.

I actually thought that maybe it even helped. Rockets just weren't ready for this lineup because Beasley has played very few minutes up until now and also it was really difficult to predict who will the offense go through without 2 of the top scorers on the roster. Sometimes it helps. Of course they adjusted as the game went on which is something good teams do.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,085

Post#149 » by moocow007 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:42 pm

The Knicks need to tank. That still be a major goal.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,440

Post#150 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:47 pm

moocow007 wrote:The Knicks need to tank. That still be a major goal.

There's plenty of time for that down the road. We're still trying to win games.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,085

Post#151 » by moocow007 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:06 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:

Win nothing!!! Tank!!! Tank!!!!!! :lol:
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,440

Post#152 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:30 pm

moocow007 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Win nothing!!! Tank!!! Tank!!!!!! :lol:

:lol: Who's your target? Be realistic.
spree2kawhi
General Manager
And1: 3,811

Post#153 » by spree2kawhi » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:35 pm

duetta wrote:
basketboule wrote:
duetta wrote:You make yourself a better player by putting in the work in the summer. Willy didn't put in that work.

Still, he's young - and hopefully he's learned his lesson. Frank is going to have to put in a full summer's worth of work on his ball handling this summer.

You don't really believe that do you?

Believe what? That KP put in a tremendous amount of work this summer and that's why he's taken a quantum leap? That great players use the summers to get better? That professional sports is a 12 month commitment in the modern era - and nobody has the leisure of sitting on their duffs unless they're already playing at an elite level?

The bold. It's naive to think the man didn't work. He played in the Euros and even if he hadn't, I wouldn't know where this notion comes from. You're a great poster, but to me that's ridiculous.

Return to New York Knicks