ImageImageImageImageImage

Portland PG: Comebacks are for Suckers

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Billy Goat
Analyst
And1: 1,616

Re: Portland PG: Comebacks are for Suckers 

Post#221 » by Billy Goat » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:36 pm

LugerLex wrote:
Dr. Detfink wrote:
LugerLex wrote:KP averaging 7 boards is so ugly
Bro... you’re 7’3

Get down low and grab 10-11 rebounds
28/7/2/1 or 28/10/2/1

Which one is legit star level play and which one is on the brink

KP might make it to that level but he’s not that guy that you want him to be yet. You’re setting yourself up for disappointment. He’s a big mf and he doesn’t have enough stamina to give 100% effort a whole game. There’s not one excuse for why Kp shouldn’t be able to rebound with the exact same intensity as kanter.

Tha's jus crazy talk! :lol:

When your game is perimeter, launching uncontested jumpers from beyond the milky way, you are NOT going to zip past 5-6 guys to get the rebound 10-15 times per game. These guys are professionals, they know how to box out, slow down, and make it impossible to get your own jump shot 9/10 misses....

Amare Stoudemire...remember red whine bath? The guy who lost a fight against a fire extinguisher? Yeah him. This guy NEVER ONCE had double digit rebounds and he LIVED inside. Averaged a little over 7 rebounds for his career...and he was an All-Star multiple times.

Im aware of guys like Rodman, Barkley, draymond, ben Wallace etc. And given kanter has a different body type. Never would have guessed Amare never averaged double digits. If Kevin love can average 25/12 in a season and still have an outside game I think it’s fair to say Kp should at least be getting 9.3-9.5. We could be a top rebounding team in the league

The issue here is if KP's going to be an average efficiency jump shooter, he's gotta add something additional to his game if he wants to be great and command big contracts throughout his career. The smart teams are shying away from doling out megabucks to scorers only. The Knicks put the cart before the horse with Porzingis, hopefully his game can catch up to the hype. Kanter's efficiency and rebounding concealed a lot of ugly warts that KP and Hardaway have as scorers.
GIMME_DATT
Veteran
And1: 1,739

Post#222 » by GIMME_DATT » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:37 pm

Point guards need to attack so the floor opens up more, it's why you see so many isos. Point guard play terrible yet again
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,612

Post#223 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:53 pm

fatalogic wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:Nez told his teammates to get into a fight and get a technical and that he would pay for it. @ 1:00

Thanks Enes. :noway:

He was right though, they had no energy. Getting into a fight to provided it isn't the best basketball move for the game at hand but it seems he is trying to establish a culture. I can only image what it is like to play with someone like Russell Westbrook and then to come to the Knicks were effort is a constant issue.

We were playing with energy at the time we got the technicals. Bad timing.

But, yeah, earlier in the game? Sure. I'm always up for a showing of strength. Just be smart about. The fact that it was Beasley is all you have to know. Don't get me wrong, I support The Beas, but that was not the way to handle it. The Beas is a veteran. He's the one who should draw the "T" on Jurkoff.

See what I'm saying? :D
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,612

Post#224 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:54 pm

GIMME_DATT wrote:Point guards need to attack so the floor opens up more, it's why you see so many isos. Point guard play terrible yet again

Frank playing like he doesn't want to make a mistake. Seems like the more we won, the more timid he got.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#225 » by IllmaticHandler » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:00 pm

KP said its his team, but its not. He Just scores the most on it. Its Kanters team if you ask me. He shows more leadership than KP does at this moment.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#226 » by Greenie » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:14 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
Greenie wrote:Me at KP right now...

Are those the pointy little whites of your retractable vampire fangs poking out or just popcorn stuck to your gums?

At his comments silly.
Dude talking about moving the ball.
OK KP. Okay.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#227 » by Greenie » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:17 pm

Wolfgang630 wrote:
taj2133 wrote:looks like kp is calling out all our guard especially our point guards
Ian Begley
ESPN Staff Writer

The general consensus was that a lack of energy and poor ball movement doomed the Knicks last night against Portland. The talent gap certainly played a role as well. New York had just 5 assists at halftime and trailed by 26 after 3 quarters. Kristaps Porzingis said Portland left NYK open often early in the game and the Knicks forced shots in some of those possessions, failing to get everyone involved on offense. Porzingis pointed out that when everyone is involved on offense, it sometimes sparks greater effort on defense. Effort on defense was certainly lacking against Portland.
http://www.espn.com/nba/scoreboard

How many times has KP called the guards out? I know it's frustrating for him because he wants to win, but he'll have to realize our guards are not good and Frank is still learning.

This.
I’m starting to lose count.

Ball out and collect your coins KP.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#228 » by Greenie » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:22 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:KP said its his team, but its not. He Just scores the most on it. Its Kanters team if you ask me. He shows more leadership than KP does at this moment.

I need him to stop publicly blaming his teammates.

We already know those guards are trash and Frank is young.

DEAL!
Red Vines
RealGM
And1: 8,575

Post#229 » by Red Vines » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:28 pm

I thought Jeff and KP were talking a lot about Tim--he was taking the ball off screens and forcing shots (like he does) instead of looking to kick out after drawing defenders. But that he needs to facilitate tells you we have PG issues.
Wolfgang630
RealGM
And1: 16,400

Post#230 » by Wolfgang630 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:31 pm

Red Vines wrote:I thought Jeff and KP were talking a lot about Tim--he was taking the ball off screens and forcing shots (like he does) instead of looking to kick out after drawing defenders. But that he needs to facilitate tells you we have PG issues.

I didn’t see the game. Was Tommy up to his ball chucking ways still?

KP already told him to chill before. He must really be getting tired of it.
Red Vines
RealGM
And1: 8,575

Post#231 » by Red Vines » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:34 pm

Wolfgang630 wrote:
Red Vines wrote:I thought Jeff and KP were talking a lot about Tim--he was taking the ball off screens and forcing shots (like he does) instead of looking to kick out after drawing defenders. But that he needs to facilitate tells you we have PG issues.

Well he drives just below the free throw line, feels a little contact and forces up a running jumper/floater, throws up his hands in protest if it doesn't go. It always looks out of control.
Wolfgang630
RealGM
And1: 16,400

Post#232 » by Wolfgang630 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:40 pm

Red Vines wrote:
Wolfgang630 wrote:

Well he drives just below the free throw line, feels a little contact and forces up a running jumper/floater, throws up his hands in protest if it doesn't go. It always looks out of control.

That’s the move I hate the most that he does. That drive to the lane and just throws the ball to the rim.
fatalogic
Veteran
And1: 2,147

Post#233 » by fatalogic » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:40 pm

Outside of yesterday his passing has been one of his bright spots during this up and down shooting stretch. I think they are expecting too much from Jack given his age and injuries and Frank is a rookie. I really like KP but he needs to understand the realities that this is a rebuilding team if he wants to make the playoffs then the onus is on him to carry them.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,210

Post#234 » by Deeeez Knicks » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:44 pm

Looking more and more like we should go in to team tank. If we could somehow get Donic and trade some vets for future picks/assets, it might be better then anything else we can do this season.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,530

Post#235 » by mpharris36 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:20 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:Looking more and more like we should go in to team tank. If we could somehow get Donic and trade some vets for future picks/assets, it might be better then anything else we can do this season.

it makes the most sense, sometimes we all get caught up in the success and we have no outcome of what the team will do...but we got a snap back to reality that role players like KOQ/Mcdermott who were key to early season wins are role players and you just can't overpay role players and skip the high level cheap young talent acquisition. The good thing is that KOQ/Lee/Mcdermott/kanter are all player well so we should be able to acquire some assets for them.

I think the KP elbow will play a big role in this...if we just say hey no point in killing yourself lets get the minor procedure done then we could be a threat for a top pick IMO...hope move a few pieces and acquire future draft assets.

I just think that early season run got jeff and the players super excited that a playoff birth was likely so its going to take a longer stretch of bad play to convince the front office to trade off some pieces. I know it makes the most sense, but will perry/mills do it?
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#236 » by mpharris36 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:31 pm

our schedule over the next 8 really isn't conducive to tanking either so this "playoff" hope idea is going to drag well into december too...

MIA (tough game but they are on a b2b)
ORL (they suck right now)
@Indy (they are mediocre at best)
MEM (they are one of the worst teams in the league right now lost 8 straight)
@CHI (worst team in the league)
ATL (one of the worst teams in the league)
LAL (pretty bad team)
@BRK (brooklyn has been pretty bad this year)

5 out of 8 home games pretty much vs 8 non playoff teams. We could easily go 5-3 in that stretch and now we are sitting 15-13 through 28 games and our schedule is brutal but it prolongs the agony of trading off pieces and tanking which we should do.

ROSTER

oken
Pro Prospect
And1: 429

Post#237 » by oken » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:36 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:Looking more and more like we should go in to team tank. If we could somehow get Donic and trade some vets for future picks/assets, it might be better then anything else we can do this season.

it makes the most sense, sometimes we all get caught up in the success and we have no outcome of what the team will do...but we got a snap back to reality that role players like KOQ/Mcdermott who were key to early season wins are role players and you just can't overpay role players and skip the high level cheap young talent acquisition. The good thing is that KOQ/Lee/Mcdermott/kanter are all player well so we should be able to acquire some assets for them.

I think the KP elbow will play a big role in this...if we just say hey no point in killing yourself lets get the minor procedure done then we could be a threat for a top pick IMO...hope move a few pieces and acquire future draft assets.

I just think that early season run got jeff and the players super excited that a playoff birth was likely so its going to take a longer stretch of bad play to convince the front office to trade off some pieces. I know it makes the most sense, but will perry/mills do it?

I think FO is already in tank mode. I have never seen Kanter miss 3 games with such a trivial injury. He broke his arm punching a chair and he returned in 3 weeks while expected recovery was 8 weeks. Just check his videos, he is trying to tell everybody that he is not getting the green light but he is like trying to say don't force me to tell you anything about it.

Also I think FO wants to showcase Noah for some possible dead weight for dead weight trades so they are overriding JH's moratorium on Noah, which would be easier to explain if Kanter was absent and Willy&KOQ were not up to the task as expected.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#238 » by mpharris36 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:39 pm

oken wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

I think FO is already in tank mode. I have never seen Kanter miss 3 games with such a trivial injury. He broke his arm punching a chair and he returned in 3 weeks while expected recovery was 8 weeks. Just check his videos, he is trying to tell everybody that he is not getting the green light but he is like trying to say don't force me to tell you anything about it.

Also I think FO wants to showcase Noah for some possible dead weight for dead weight trades so they are overriding JH's moratorium on Noah, which would be easier to explain if Kanter was absent and Willy&KOQ were not up to the task as expected.

oh don't get me wrong I don't think the organization is desperate to win this year. It's why they have held KP out of both our b2b. It makes sense. And I know the trading season really doesn't start until middle of December...I just don't want to get this idea that the fan base is super excited we are playing well and buy into this BS. The long term goals still need to outweigh the short term ones.

Which is why I want to see the young players play more, screw Jack, Thomas, Beasley...these guys aren't part of the future.

ROSTER

3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,374

Post#239 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:47 pm

mpharris36 wrote:our schedule over the next 8 really isn't conducive to tanking either so this "playoff" hope idea is going to drag well into december too...

MIA (tough game but they are on a b2b)
ORL (they suck right now)
@Indy (they are mediocre at best)
MEM (they are one of the worst teams in the league right now lost 8 straight)
@CHI (worst team in the league)
ATL (one of the worst teams in the league)
LAL (pretty bad team)
@BRK (brooklyn has been pretty bad this year)

5 out of 8 home games pretty much vs 8 non playoff teams. We could easily go 5-3 in that stretch and now we are sitting 15-13 through 28 games and our schedule is brutal but it prolongs the agony of trading off pieces and tanking which we should do.

i doubt trading our vets would do much though. we really only win games if KP goes ape sh*t. he pretty much controls our destiny IMO
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,109

Post#240 » by moocow007 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:55 pm

Replace "rap" with "season"?

Return to New York Knicks