ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Avengers: Infinity War Trailer

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, Jeff Van Gully, NoLayupRule, Thugger HBC, King of Canada, j4remi, mpharris36, Thorn, Deeeez Knicks, Capn'O, GONYK, K-DOT, mrpoetryNmotion

User avatar
magnumt
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 47,182
And1: 12,655
Joined: Jan 27, 2004
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!
Contact:
         

Re: OT: Avengers: Infinity War Trailer 

Post#21 » by magnumt » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:30 pm

Jesus Juice wrote:I feel like I’ve been waiting for this for so long.. but the character build ups are so much better than watch DC force the JL on us


Don't turn this into a DCEU vs MCU. Y'all do it all over YouTube. :roll:

--Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
Kemba Walker / Ish Smith / Felton
Eric Gordon / Dudley / Trier
Thabo Sefolosha / Dotson / Kornet
Gordon Hayward / Alex Len / Frye
Marc Gasol / Boban Marj. / Noah


Follow Elves on Twitter ---> magnumt6
Oscirus
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,333
And1: 2,838
Joined: Dec 09, 2011
       

Re: OT: Avengers: Infinity War Trailer 

Post#22 » by Oscirus » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:09 pm

Meh this seems way too busy. I'll watch if it's on but I'm not going out of my way to watch it.
dakomish23
RealGM
Posts: 27,476
And1: 15,199
Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Location: Empire State
     

Re: OT: Avengers: Infinity War Trailer 

Post#23 » by dakomish23 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:43 pm

If his goal is to capture all the infinity stones, why would he let two of them be used for in Avengers 1?
Dkillanyk4lyf wrote:Melo is the reason why we are in the mess we are in now. Acquiring him was the biggest mistake in knicks history.


blueNorange wrote:good thing knicks have kanter because willy looking pedestrian af
ravinaziankid
Junior
Posts: 465
And1: 208
Joined: Dec 30, 2011

Re: OT: Avengers: Infinity War Trailer 

Post#24 » by ravinaziankid » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:05 am

In this movie, are there still 2 sides of the avengers? Or is the black panther movie going to go into how they all come back together? I haven't really been up to date on these movies so sorry if that's a noob question.
Oscirus
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,333
And1: 2,838
Joined: Dec 09, 2011
       

Re: OT: Avengers: Infinity War Trailer 

Post#25 » by Oscirus » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:23 am

ravinaziankid wrote:In this movie, are there still 2 sides of the avengers? Or is the black panther movie going to go into how they all come back together? I haven't really been up to date on these movies so sorry if that's a noob question.


I don't imagine that the Panther movie will be about reuniting them. They likely reunite in this movie due to the big threat that Thanos imposes.
ravinaziankid
Junior
Posts: 465
And1: 208
Joined: Dec 30, 2011

Re: OT: Avengers: Infinity War Trailer 

Post#26 » by ravinaziankid » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:32 am

Oscirus wrote:
ravinaziankid wrote:In this movie, are there still 2 sides of the avengers? Or is the black panther movie going to go into how they all come back together? I haven't really been up to date on these movies so sorry if that's a noob question.


I don't imagine that the Panther movie will be about reuniting them. They likely reunite in this movie due to the big threat that Thanos imposes.


That makes sense, hopefully they reunite quickly and don't go too much into it.
nyJnyKnyY
Pro Prospect
Posts: 914
And1: 269
Joined: Jun 25, 2014
       

Re: OT: Avengers: Infinity War Trailer 

Post#27 » by nyJnyKnyY » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:08 am

I am so ready for this. Waiting 10 years , so **** pumped. The wife is gonna go all out opening. Ight tickets reserved seats 3D imax ... what’s up!!!!!!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
GEOLINK
Analyst
Posts: 3,459
And1: 2,360
Joined: Mar 16, 2014
       

Re: OT: Avengers: Infinity War Trailer 

Post#28 » by GEOLINK » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:40 am

Pretty crazy this universe has been building for almost 10 years. Still remember Iron Man 1 coming out like yesterday.
How could you ever right these wrongs, when you don't even write your songs.
User avatar
RHODEY
Head Coach
Posts: 7,279
And1: 2,378
Joined: May 18, 2007

Re: OT: Avengers: Infinity War Trailer 

Post#29 » by RHODEY » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:08 am

....

Poor Spidey taking on Thanos one on one :noway:

Good to see Hulk Buster once again :)

Looks like Cap may get his shield back :nod:

Will Thor get his Hammer Back? :(
User avatar
EnigmatiC
General Manager
Posts: 9,386
And1: 723
Joined: Mar 22, 2004
Location: As the world turns I spread like germs
       

Re: OT: Avengers: Infinity War Trailer 

Post#30 » by EnigmatiC » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:09 am

RHODEY wrote:....

Poor Spidey taking on Thanos one on one :noway:

Good to see Hulk Buster once again :)

Looks like Cap may get his shield back :nod:

Will Thor get his Hammer Back? :(


Who's in the hulk buster is my question. Also I think Thor may go on a hunt for another magical weapon he's wielded in the comics
User avatar
RHODEY
Head Coach
Posts: 7,279
And1: 2,378
Joined: May 18, 2007

Re: OT: Avengers: Infinity War Trailer 

Post#31 » by RHODEY » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:07 am

EnigmatiC wrote:
RHODEY wrote:....

Poor Spidey taking on Thanos one on one :noway:

Good to see Hulk Buster once again :)

Looks like Cap may get his shield back :nod:

Will Thor get his Hammer Back? :(


Who's in the hulk buster is my question. Also I think Thor may go on a hunt for another magical weapon he's wielded in the comics


Interesting, I assumed tony but maybe not...

I want to see the hammer again ....there is no substitute.
User avatar
Are We Ther Yet
Head Coach
Posts: 6,686
And1: 4,487
Joined: Nov 07, 2012
       

Re: OT: Avengers: Infinity War Trailer 

Post#32 » by Are We Ther Yet » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:33 am

What are all of the movies that lead up to this?
a knick fan forum. not a "argue ad nauseam about narratives and biases you hold like blood feuds that span decades" forum, you sentient buttplug. - Marty McFly :lol:
User avatar
Mr. E
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
Posts: 18,256
And1: 6,474
Joined: Apr 15, 2006
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!
       

OT: Avengers: Infinity War Trailer 

Post#33 » by Mr. E » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:09 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:What are all of the movies that lead up to this?


Iron Man
Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2
Captain America: First Avenger
Thor
Avengers
Iron Man 3
Captain America: Winter Soldier
Guardians of the Galaxy
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
Thor: Dark World
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Ant-Man
Captain America: Civil War
Dr. Strange
Thor: Ragnarok
Black Panther
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
User avatar
gavran
RealGM
Posts: 13,968
And1: 3,633
Joined: Nov 02, 2005
Location: crossing the line

Re: OT: Avengers: Infinity War Trailer 

Post#34 » by gavran » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:54 pm

Mr. E wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:What are all of the movies that lead up to this?


Iron Man
Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2
Captain America: First Avenger
Thor
Avengers
Iron Man 3
Captain America: Winter Soldier
Guardians of the Galaxy
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
Thor: Dark World
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Ant-Man
Captain America: Civil War
Dr. Strange
Thor: Ragnarok
Black Panther


+ Spider-Man Homecoming, and all the Netflix shows.
User avatar
moocow007
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 89,807
And1: 16,047
Joined: Jan 07, 2002
Location: In front of the computer, where else?
       

Re: OT: Avengers: Infinity War Trailer 

Post#35 » by moocow007 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:08 pm

Regarding Thor's Hammer...

Excalibur in some legends was "broken" when Arthur used it unjustly and unfairly but became whole again once he righted himself. I would expect that it would not be outside the realm of possibility for Mjolnir to follow the same rebirth.

As far as Infinity War goes any indication who is going to play Adam Warlock? I'm assuming we won't see him until GotG 3.
BAF 1.0 - Celtics
1.James Harden|Lance Stephenson|DJ Augustin
2.Tony Allen|Alec Burks
3.Stanley Johnson|Dante Cunningham
4.Blake Griffin|Quincy Acy|Tony Bradley
5.Andre Drummond|Cristiano Felicio|Andrew Bogut
x.Ike Anigbogu,Jordan Crawford
User avatar
moocow007
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 89,807
And1: 16,047
Joined: Jan 07, 2002
Location: In front of the computer, where else?
       

Re: OT: Avengers: Infinity War Trailer 

Post#36 » by moocow007 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:29 pm

Also so we know that Thanos will have 3 stones in his possession at some point in this movie.

In the trailer the 1st gem on the gauntlet is the purple Power stone the Xandarians were given in GotG. The 2nd is the blue Space stone which the Asgardians had in their possession back at the Avengers movie. It looks like at some point the Vision loses the Mind stone (yellow) so have to assume that that would be the 3rd that goes onto the Gauntlet.

That would leave these 3 other stones to be collected:

The Reality Stone (red) - was last known to be in the possession of the Collector but the Collectors shop was destroyed by the Power Stone in GotG 1 so who knows where it is.

The Time Stone (green) - made it's appearance in Dr. Strange inside the Eye of Agamotto. Presumably Dr. Strange has it.

The Soul Stone (orange) - I would guess that whenever Adam Warlock makes his appearance he'll be in possession of it or will otherwise acquire it. Adam Warlock was hinted at in some point in GotG 2 I believe.
BAF 1.0 - Celtics
1.James Harden|Lance Stephenson|DJ Augustin
2.Tony Allen|Alec Burks
3.Stanley Johnson|Dante Cunningham
4.Blake Griffin|Quincy Acy|Tony Bradley
5.Andre Drummond|Cristiano Felicio|Andrew Bogut
x.Ike Anigbogu,Jordan Crawford
User avatar
EnigmatiC
General Manager
Posts: 9,386
And1: 723
Joined: Mar 22, 2004
Location: As the world turns I spread like germs
       

Re: OT: Avengers: Infinity War Trailer 

Post#37 » by EnigmatiC » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:32 pm

moocow007 wrote:Regarding Thor's Hammer...

Excalibur in some legends was "broken" when Arthur used it unjustly and unfairly but became whole again once he righted himself. I would expect that it would not be outside the realm of possibility for Mjolnir to follow the same rebirth.

As far as Infinity War goes any indication who is going to play Adam Warlock? I'm assuming we won't see him until GotG 3.



James Gunn said Warlock won't be coming till GotG 3 but we'll see.
User avatar
EnigmatiC
General Manager
Posts: 9,386
And1: 723
Joined: Mar 22, 2004
Location: As the world turns I spread like germs
       

Re: OT: Avengers: Infinity War Trailer 

Post#38 » by EnigmatiC » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:32 pm

I have a feeling Captain Marvel is going to fulfill some of the Adam Warlock role tbh.
User avatar
RHODEY
Head Coach
Posts: 7,279
And1: 2,378
Joined: May 18, 2007

Re: OT: Avengers: Infinity War Trailer 

Post#39 » by RHODEY » Sat Dec 2, 2017 6:12 pm

In comics I always wanted tony to build a "Thanos Buster" suit.....
User avatar
Marty McFly
RealGM
Posts: 23,132
And1: 5,663
Joined: Sep 15, 2009
     

Re: OT: Avengers: Infinity War Trailer 

Post#40 » by Marty McFly » Sat Dec 2, 2017 6:58 pm

EnigmatiC wrote:
moocow007 wrote:Regarding Thor's Hammer...

Excalibur in some legends was "broken" when Arthur used it unjustly and unfairly but became whole again once he righted himself. I would expect that it would not be outside the realm of possibility for Mjolnir to follow the same rebirth.

As far as Infinity War goes any indication who is going to play Adam Warlock? I'm assuming we won't see him until GotG 3.



James Gunn said Warlock won't be coming till GotG 3 but we'll see.

James Gunn said he wouldn't be in Infinity Wars, but only avengers 3 is called Infinity War. Avengers 4 doesn't have a title yet. :wink:

I'm expecting everyone to get their proverbial asses beat by thanos in IW, and we know captain marvel shows up for avengers 4. her backstory is going to get fleshed out in her solo which is to be released after Avengers 3, so perhaps they have enough time to flesh out Adam Warlock in Avengers 4. Perhaps not.
Said woman take it slow, and it'll work itself out fine, All we need is just a little patience...

Return to New York Knicks