ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Hollywood fallout continues, Matt Lauer fired from Today Show!

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

OT: Hollywood fallout continues, Matt Lauer fired from Today Show! 

Post#1 » by magnumt » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:09 pm

Read on Twitter

--Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Re: OT: Hollywood fallout continues, Matt Lauer fired from Today Show! 

Post#2 » by NoLayupRule » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:12 pm

add Garison Keillor to your list too
Kurt Rambis
Senior
And1: 483

Post#3 » by Kurt Rambis » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:25 pm

20 million per year... Damn. Who watches TV for Matt Lauer...
Kurt Rambis
Senior
And1: 483

Post#4 » by Kurt Rambis » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:27 pm

Mark Dice is a dumbass though.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,271

Post#5 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:27 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:add Garison Keillor to your list too

at least it will help him promote his new book The Prairie Grope Companion

Seriously though, it is starting to look like established people get fired after a single accusation with no pause for consideration of the particular case

Plus, if an organization just wants to cut ties with someone now, they can just capitalize on any hint of impropriety and fire them.

I don't know if these two are innocent or guilty, but if that was their first accusation I have to wonder if this is going to be the way it is and innocent people will lose their livelihoods too.

Everything seems so rushed and hasty now.
ImageImageImage
Woodsanity
RealGM
And1: 9,907

Post#6 » by Woodsanity » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:29 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:

Seriously though, it is starting to look like established people get fired after a single accusation with no pause for consideration of the particular case

Plus, if an organization just wants to cut ties with someone now, they can just capitalize on any hint of impropriety and fire them.

I don't know if these two are innocent or guilty, but if that was their first accusation I have to wonder if this is going to be the way it is and innocent people will lose their livelihoods too.

Dude was doing this for many years. Its not a first accusation. Most of these guys have many many accusations and have been getting away with it for years or even decades.

Only the playoffs separate the true great ones and frauds.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#7 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:33 pm

Woodsanity wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

Dude was doing this for many years. Its not a first accusation. Most of these guys have many many accusations and have been getting away with it for years or even decades.

All I'm hoping for is companies don't jump at the first accusation and make their decisions with a little due diligence.

It is likely much thought went into these decisions behind the scenes before it hit the news wires so I'm not focusing on these two guys. Just expressing a fear of a counter-reactionary extremism that could go too far.

And I've vocally supported outing the predators so I'm not asking for that to stop.
ImageImageImage
Woodsanity
RealGM
And1: 9,907

Post#8 » by Woodsanity » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:34 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
Woodsanity wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

All I'm hoping for is company's don't jump at the first accusation and make their decisions with a little due diligence. It is likely much went on behind the scenes before it hit the news wires so I'm not focusing on these two guys. Just expressing a fear of a counter-reactionary extremism that goes too far.

And I've vocally supported outing the predators so I'm not asking for that to stop.

Totally agree with that but most of these hollywood creeps seem to have been doing this **** for a long ass time and getting away with it. Sad really.

Only the playoffs separate the true great ones and frauds.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#9 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:37 pm

Woodsanity wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
Woodsanity wrote:Dude was doing this for many years. Its not a first accusation. Most of these guys have many many accusations and have been getting away with it for years or even decades.

All I'm hoping for is company's don't jump at the first accusation and make their decisions with a little due diligence. It is likely much went on behind the scenes before it hit the news wires so I'm not focusing on these two guys. Just expressing a fear of a counter-reactionary extremism that goes too far.

Totally agree with that but most of these hollywood creeps seem to have been doing this **** for a long ass time and getting away with it. Sad really.

Show biz is the perfect toxic cocktail of equal parts beautiful nobodies wanting to be somebody and the gatekeepers wanting their bodies.
ImageImageImage
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 17,916

Post#10 » by SelbyCobra » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:45 pm

http://variety.com/2017/biz/news/matt-lauer-accused-sexual-harassment-multiple-women-1202625959/

As the co-host of NBC’s “Today,” Matt Lauer once gave a colleague a sex toy as a present. It included an explicit note about how he wanted to use it on her, which left her mortified.

On another day, he summoned a different female employee to his office, and then dropped his pants, showing her his penis. After the employee declined to do anything, visibly shaken, he reprimanded her for not engaging in a sexual act.

He would sometimes quiz female producers about who they’d slept with, offering to trade names. And he loved to engage in a crass quiz game with men and women in the office: “f—, marry, or kill,” in which he would identify the female co-hosts that he’d most like to sleep with.

Despite being married, Lauer was fixated on women, especially their bodies and looks, according to more than 10 accounts from current and former employees. He was known for making lewd comments verbally or over text messages. He once made a suggestive reference to a colleague’s performance in bed and compared it to how she was able to complete her job, according to witnesses to the exchange. For Lauer, work and sex were intertwined.

“There were a lot of consensual relationships, but that’s still a problem because of the power he held,” says a former producer who knew first-hand of these encounters. “He couldn’t sleep around town with celebrities or on the road with random people, because he’s Matt Lauer and he’s married. So he’d have to do it within his stable, where he exerted power, and he knew people wouldn’t ever complain.”

Lauer, who was paranoid about being followed by tabloid reporters, grew more emboldened at 30 Rockefeller Center as his profile rose following Katie Couric’s departure from “Today” in 2006. His office was in a secluded space, and he had a button under his desk that allowed him to lock his door from the inside without getting up. This afforded him the assurance of privacy. It allowed him to welcome female employees and initiate inappropriate contact while knowing nobody could walk in on him, according to two women who were sexually harassed by Lauer.

According to sources, the sexual harassment extended to when Lauer traveled on assignment for NBC. Several employees recall how he paid intense attention to a young woman on his staff that he found attractive, focusing intently on her career ambitions. And he asked the same producer to his hotel room to deliver him a pillow, according to sources with knowledge of the interaction.
el13adnino
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,855

Post#11 » by el13adnino » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:46 pm

whats ellen degenerous gonna do now
:crazy:
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#12 » by magnumt » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:46 pm

I wonder if NBC will be liable as well for ALLOWING it (the button) to be installed.

At the very least, isn't it a fire hazard? :dontknow:

--Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,060

Post#13 » by stuporman » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:51 pm

It has gotten to the point within feminist culture that has gone as far as to claim consensual sex the night before can be "rape" in the morning if the woman feels regret afterward. I just hope that mindset doesn't pervade this issue where mutual flirtation or humor in the moment turns into "harassment" afterward.

Undoubtedly there have plenty of people using their power and notoriety to harass, assault and exploit others who need to be held accountable but I don't doubt for a moment that now the power has shifted and people can damage other's lives and reputations with a mere anonymous accusation it won't also happen.

I don't claim to know which is which on any of the instances but just do know the nature of humans all too well.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#14 » by NoLayupRule » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:56 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:

I completely agree

I love that there are consequences for mens actions finally but we still live in the USA despite our president. Rule of law means something and innocent until proven guilty should matter

then again if these people, like Charlie Rose, admitted to it I guess they are good to be fired
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#15 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:05 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

I completely agree

I love that there are consequences for mens actions finally but we still live in the USA despite our president. Rule of law means something and innocent until proven guilty should matter

then again if these people, like Charlie Rose, admitted to it I guess they are good to be fired

That's the extreme paradox of Trump, a total predator with zero respect for the rule of law is elected and for at least the time being insulated from the consequences of his own sexual misconduct.

While everyone is getting outed, we have a brain damaged azzhole tweeting from the WH. I pray that after he is soon out of the WH and he is stripped of his assets and imprisoned for obstruction, fraud and treason that he will then be additionally litigated into oblivion by his past sexual victims.

There is no cosmic balance if he is the only one who gets away with this stuff.
ImageImageImage
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#16 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:06 pm

stuporman wrote:It has gotten to the point within feminist culture that has gone as far as to claim consensual sex the night before can be "rape" in the morning if the woman feels regret afterward. I just hope that mindset doesn't pervade this issue where mutual flirtation or humor in the moment turns into "harassment" afterward.

Undoubtedly there have plenty of people using their power and notoriety to harass, assault and exploit others who need to be held accountable but I don't doubt for a moment that now the power has shifted and people can damage other's lives and reputations with a mere anonymous accusation it won't also happen.

I don't claim to know which is which on any of the instances but just do know the nature of humans all too well.

I've never been accused of sexual misconduct, but I have been falsely accused in the past. And it ruined my life at that time.

It is important that justice is meted out judiciously, not viciously.
ImageImageImage
stuporman
RealGM

Post#17 » by stuporman » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:08 pm

“There were a lot of consensual relationships, but that’s still a problem because of the power he held,” says a former producer who knew first-hand of these encounters.

There it is, now even consensual relationships are called a problem because of who someone is.

Not saying he didn't do anything wrong but just that this point confirms what I see happening.
Image?
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#18 » by NoLayupRule » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:09 pm

stuporman wrote:It has gotten to the point within feminist culture that has gone as far as to claim consensual sex the night before can be "rape" in the morning if the woman feels regret afterward.

oh stop it
stuporman
RealGM

Post#19 » by stuporman » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:13 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:
stuporman wrote:It has gotten to the point within feminist culture that has gone as far as to claim consensual sex the night before can be "rape" in the morning if the woman feels regret afterward.

oh stop it

I wish it would but they do it.
Image?
bkzfinest11
Rookie
And1: 244

Post#20 » by bkzfinest11 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:17 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
stuporman wrote:It has gotten to the point within feminist culture that has gone as far as to claim consensual sex the night before can be "rape" in the morning if the woman feels regret afterward. I just hope that mindset doesn't pervade this issue where mutual flirtation or humor in the moment turns into "harassment" afterward.

I've never been accused of sexual misconduct, but I have been falsely accused in the past. And it ruined my life at that time.

It is important that justice is meted out judiciously, not viciously.

I agree with you guys. I just hope it doesn't turn into she said it, he must of have done it.

Return to New York Knicks