ImageImageImageImageImage

What do we think about trading Hernangomez?

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Amare_1_Knicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,295

What do we think about trading Hernangomez? 

Post#1 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:12 pm

Now, I’m a fan of his, and to start the season I was beyond puzzled as to why he was barely getting minutes, but it became rather obvious sooner than later. There’s a lot of a skill overlap with himself and Kanter, and O’Quinn off the bench offers a skill set that he simply doesn’t have — which is a rugged, defensive style mixed with some terrific passing for a big man — not to mention he has a nice efficient offensive game as well.

With Noah, Kanter, O’Quinn, and Willy, it’s obvious that someone needs to go. Kanter is playing the best of the four, quite easily, even with his defensive woes, and he’s only but two years older than Willy is. O’Quinn has a player option for the 2019 season, but he seems like he wants to remain, and Noah is signed through 2020 with a contract that’s difficult to move.

Would it be a good idea to move him as opposed to Kanter?(the idea has been floating around about trading Kanter because his trade value is high, but what could it hurt to shop Willy and see his worth?) Not quite sure if Nerlens Noel is on the trading block, but he’s only playing 12MPG in Dallas, and I believe he’s been benched and may have had some DNP’s. Could a package centered around Willy be enough to obtain a Nerlens Noel?

Didn’t see a thread on the topic.
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Re: What do we think about trading Hernangomez? 

Post#2 » by magnumt » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:14 pm

Think you should put it here:

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1617560

Thanks!

--Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6