ImageImageImageImageImage

Did the Knicks win the Melo trade?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

The Lamma
Veteran
And1: 5,229

Re: Did the Knicks win the Melo trade? 

Post#181 » by The Lamma » Fri Dec 8, 2017 4:01 am

Toneatbk wrote:Even if the Knicks got a bag of chips for melo, the change in locker room atmosphere alone won the trade.

Chit mang, I don't even need the chips. The bag alone will suffice for the deletion of the diva-negativity.
The Lamma
Veteran
And1: 5,229

Post#182 » by The Lamma » Fri Dec 8, 2017 4:45 am

Both Kanter and Dougie McBuckets have been pleasant surprises.

With Kanter the thing that needs to be mentioned after you point out his defensive flaws is, how much of a problem he is on the other side of the ball for opponents. He gets the ball down low, and is nearly automatic. Seriously ridiculously efficient scoring near the basket. This is no exaggeration, I can't remember ANY Knick in the last 3 decades that was this deadly near the rim. He's that good at dumping it in from 5 feet and in. Incredible at offensive boarding also, and a great rebounder in general. Fits nicely with Porzingy too, allowing KP to float in the middle to outer area, where he can stick the J while Kanter needs to be accounted for by the rim. Lotta really strong pluses here that can't be denied... to me he seems like a piece of the puzzle moving forward.

The D clearly sucks and needs to be addressed/worked on. At least nowadays a few times a game you can say, "OK, that was decent D right there." The thing that you like most is he seems to care suddenly about at least attempting to contribute on the that side of the ball now, and more importantly: seems to want to be a Knick. He has become prideful and vocal. The ingredients are there for him to continue to improve. Two keys for him: Keep hustling, and study the game. We never saw this kind of vigor from him on the Jazz or OKC.

McBuckets. Still young. Obviously a deadly shooter. Plays within himself and is efficient. Seems like he landed in the right place at the right time. Really nice piece especially off the bench. Also seems like he's rrrrright on the brink of exploding into a force... Does anyone else see that? His game is just so well contained and then the shooting is just elite. A guy like that is almost always a valuable piece on a team, except with him, he's not "just a shooter" like a Novak, he has a much more well rounded game out there and contributes in other ways.

Initially I was happy just to off Melo, but these two are contributing to victories and are still on the upswing.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,275

Post#183 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Dec 8, 2017 4:50 am

BKlutch wrote:This is not a bait thread - it is very important for us to understand what has changed and to evaluate how the current front office is doing as opposed to Phil and his predecessors.

True and it shouldn't have to be said.

Nobody should be expected to shut up about seven years that just passed, seven years that for some were pretty hard to bear particularly because of Melo.

To expect people to zip it just two months afterwards is ridiculous.

This discussion is effectively quarantined to this thread about Melo and the players traded for him.

It is not the NBA thread. It is not the PG thread. This is a Melo-related thread. Nobody is disrupting other threads.

The only people here baiting are the ones calling this a bait thread.
ImageImageImage
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#184 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Dec 8, 2017 4:58 am

The Lamma wrote:Both Kanter and Dougie McBuckets have been pleasant surprises.

With Kanter the thing that needs to be mentioned after you point out his defensive flaws is, how much of a problem he is on the other side of the ball for opponents. He gets the ball down low, and is nearly automatic. Seriously ridiculously efficient scoring near the basket. This is no exaggeration, I can't remember ANY Knick in the last 3 decades that was this deadly near the rim. He's that good at dumping it in from 5 feet and in. Incredible at offensive boarding also, and a great rebounder in general. Fits nicely with Porzingy too, allowing KP to float in the middle to outer area, where he can stick the J while Kanter needs to be accounted for by the rim. Lotta really strong pluses here that can't be denied... to me he seems like a piece of the puzzle moving forward.

The D clearly sucks and needs to be addressed/worked on. At least nowadays a few times a game you can say, "OK, that was decent D right there." The thing that you like most is he seems to care suddenly about at least attempting to contribute on the that side of the ball now, and more importantly: seems to want to be a Knick. He has become prideful and vocal. The ingredients are there for him to continue to improve. Two keys for him: Keep hustling, and study the game. We never saw this kind of vigor from him on the Jazz or OKC.

McBuckets. Still young. Obviously a deadly shooter. Plays within himself and is efficient. Seems like he landed in the right place at the right time. Really nice piece especially off the bench. Also seems like he's rrrrright on the brink of exploding into a force... Does anyone else see that? His game is just so well contained and then the shooting is just elite. A guy like that is almost always a valuable piece on a team, except with him, he's not "just a shooter" like a Novak, he has a much more well rounded game out there and contributes in other ways.

Initially I was happy just to off Melo, but these two are contributing to victories and are still on the upswing.

Kanter has had some decent games defensively actually, but those were games where the unit he was playing with were all pretty much hitting their assignments and making good switches. Kanter has contained the baseline many times and changed or blocked shots at the rim more than I expected.

Kanter is very much a synergy player. He really combines well with KP in particular. With the right roster construction, Kanter is a really good piece. On some teams, he might not fit as well. But the Knicks need a heavy duty guy down low to go with KP and on offense the benefit is very clear.

I'm optimistic on Doug. Think he is someone who can become a very strong bench player for a contender. He could even start if he shows any consistency, but right now his inability to create off the dribble seems to limit that possibility somewhat.
ImageImageImage
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,375
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#185 » by BKlutch » Fri Dec 8, 2017 5:09 am

I know, you can't believe what you see, because well, video is not fair.

But this is an interesting play in tonight's Nets-OKC game. The guy getting blocked at the rim is not the rookie, but the aging star.

Read on Twitter

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#186 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Dec 8, 2017 5:24 am

BKlutch wrote:I know, you can't believe what you see, because well, video is not fair.

But this is an interesting play in tonight's Nets-OKC game. The guy getting blocked at the rim is not the rookie, but the aging star.

Read on Twitter

Not a new thing though as Melo has been getting stopped at the rim for several years.

What's worse in that clip actually is him having the perfect chance to double team at the end and he does his half-hearted ballet defense again and allows the guy to get off a shot at the buzzer.
ImageImageImage
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#187 » by Greenie » Fri Dec 8, 2017 5:45 am

The only person that needs to get a life is you Clyde. You relish in threads like these so you can continue to bash a player no longer playing for this team. When Iman got traded I didn’t make full blown threads just to bash dude. The Melo hate squad is a whole different type of beast.

This particular topic is not new. We have been having this conversation since dude was traded. How many different ways can you simply say you hate Carmelo Anthony the man, the myth the legend? You don’t like the way he looks, talks, acts, what he wears. Like I said before, we get it. Whole threads on dude is bait at this point. Nothing new is coming from these new threads. No new insight or POV. Just more bashing and lines being drawn and crossed. Nothing new is being addressed. Especially in December.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#188 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Dec 8, 2017 5:58 am

Greenie wrote:The only person that needs to get a life is you Clyde. You relish in threads like these so you can continue to bash a player no longer playing for this team. When Iman got traded I didn’t make full blown threads just to bash dude. The Melo hate squad is a whole different type of beast.

This particular topic is not new. We have been having this conversation since dude was traded. How many different ways can you simply say you hate Carmelo Anthony the man, the myth the legend? You don’t like the way he looks, talks, acts, what he wears. Like I said before, we get it. Whole threads on dude is bait at this point. Nothing new is coming from these new threads. No new insight or POV. Just more bashing and lines being drawn and crossed. Nothing new is being addressed. Especially in December.

I talk about the players.

You talk about the posters.

As you have done for seven years, you're trolling hard trying to tell people what they can and cannot talk about.

You are a person without principles so I expect you to come at everything you don't like without the ability to make basic distinctions about message and the poster posting it.

I could be angrier at you after you insulted my family but I don't respect you so actually I'm not even upset. But I learned last week that you have no conscience and operate only from a place of bitterness.

You think we're bitter because we don't like your pet player while its OK for you to insult posters on the board. That double standard is the only thing you're consistent on.

I've tried to keep it clean with you, but you go out of your way to be a jerk towards posters.

I don't troll posters I disagree with unlike you and everyone here knows the difference between you and I.

You've worn out the goodwill of so many here because you can't help yourself and your continual need to attack posters you disagree with.

I have no expectations you will ever be a decent person so I also expect you will continue to do everything you can to dominate the board and control how people post because you have never shown any scruples.

That you are still posting here is amazing frankly with the way you disrespect other posters over and over again. You don't really deserve to be a member of this board.
ImageImageImage
Adelheid
RealGM
And1: 6,816

Post#189 » by Adelheid » Fri Dec 8, 2017 6:04 am

Just wow...
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,263

Post#190 » by DOT » Fri Dec 8, 2017 6:05 am

BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Greenie
RealGM

Post#191 » by Greenie » Fri Dec 8, 2017 6:14 am

Now see if I go in I’m wrong, right?
CowboyBebop
Starter
And1: 2,134

Post#192 » by CowboyBebop » Fri Dec 8, 2017 6:31 am

CowboyBebop wrote:Will Lebron be able to get warriors players suspended again so he has another chance to win this year? Or will he fail and get yet another loss on an already unimpressive finals record?
Rock Bottom
Analyst
And1: 1,280

Post#193 » by Rock Bottom » Fri Dec 8, 2017 6:32 am

dont make me keel you
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,440

Post#194 » by RHODEY » Fri Dec 8, 2017 6:37 am

Knicks definitely won that trade. Melo might work off the bench somewhere but otherwise it aint happening for him no more. Actually if he came off the bench for us....nah :)
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#195 » by IllmaticHandler » Fri Dec 8, 2017 6:38 am

Greenie wrote:Now see if I go in I’m wrong, right?

RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,440

Post#196 » by RHODEY » Fri Dec 8, 2017 6:39 am

Greenie
RealGM

Post#197 » by Greenie » Fri Dec 8, 2017 6:44 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
Greenie wrote:The only person that needs to get a life is you Clyde. You relish in threads like these so you can continue to bash a player no longer playing for this team. When Iman got traded I didn’t make full blown threads just to bash dude. The Melo hate squad is a whole different type of beast.

I talk about the players.

You talk about the posters.

bull. You get on your high horse and look down on posters with your replies. I’m not the only one who told you that.

As you have done for seven years, you're trolling hard trying to tell people what they can and cannot talk about.

You mean like you do? You’re the one that was here posting under another name for a reason.

You are a person without principles so I expect you to come at everything you don't like without the ability to make basic distinctions about message and the poster posting it.

But you don’t attack posters?

I could be angrier at you after you insulted my family but I don't respect you so actually I'm not even upset. But I learned last week that you have no conscience and operate only from a place of bitterness.

Now this is where I’m going to go off on your crazy ass. You brought your family into that thread. Not me. I said that I think old dudes mess with females young enough to be their children are creeps. You THEN said some **** about one of your family members doing that. WTF told you to air out your family business? Not me. That’s on your dumb ass. You saying that wasn’t changing my views on the situation. You’re too old to be that damn naive.

You think we're bitter because we don't like your pet player while its OK for you to insult posters on the board. That double standard is the only thing you're consistent on.

Insult posters on this board? Don’t make up **** to fit your narrative. The most insulting person on this board is probably you. I’m not the only one to tell you that though. You’re insults were at a all time high during the POTUS threads. No one forgot that ****.

I've tried to keep it clean with you, but you go out of your way to be a jerk towards posters.

This post says otherwise.

I don't troll posters I disagree with unlike you and everyone here knows the difference between you and I.

No. The difference between you and I os that I’m not a smug know it all that thinks they are smarter than everyone else and posts exactly like that.

You've worn out the goodwill of so many here because you can't help yourself and your continual need to attack posters you disagree with.

You’re now talking about yourself now?

I have no expectations you will ever be a decent person so I also expect you will continue to do everything you can to dominate the board and control how people post because you have never shown any scupples

That you are still posting here is amazing frankly with the way you disrespect other posters over and over again. You don't really deserve to be a member of this board.

There you go with that dumb ass posting style of yours. You need to learn how to speak to people. This “better than everyone else” persona is grating. FOH with the bull.

I’m calling this thread how I see it. Nothing new is being added. It’s more of the same stuff from the actual trade thread. That’s an attack on the thread. It’s baiting. I’m literally speaking on the thread. You just attack the poster. I have never once called anyone on this board classless, lacking morals or principles. That’s you. This isn’t the first time you’ve done it either. Look in the mirror and repeat all of the insults you just threw my way.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#198 » by Greenie » Fri Dec 8, 2017 6:47 am

RHODEY wrote:

Let Clyde call you all those names and come back to me.

Let him tell you that you lack morals, class and principles because you called a thread bait.
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,751

Post#199 » by Fat » Fri Dec 8, 2017 8:43 am

Kanter in the post >>> carmelo in the iso
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
Billy Goat
Analyst
And1: 1,616

Post#200 » by Billy Goat » Fri Dec 8, 2017 11:06 am

5-20 from the floor last night? Dear god what is OKC doing.

Return to New York Knicks