ImageImageImageImageImage

Post game: No Papa Johns

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,217

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Post game: No Poppa Johns 

Post#81 » by GONYK » Tue Dec 5, 2017 3:42 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
GONYK wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
GTFOH!
I'm not saying the Knicks are world beaters, but to use this 6 game stretch as the measuring stick for the season this far is pretty disingenuous

We're not this bad if we're back to full(er) strength, but Frank and Baker have had nagging injuries too. The club overall is not that healthy right now

My only takeaway is this coincides with the easier part of the schedule so even if we get back to full strength this was the time to bank wins if you're playoff-bound,

so methinks they won't make it there

so I'm on the tank wagon now

Easy to forget its a rebuild year when we're swinging from the chandeliers

I'm fine with tanking. I was never not fine with it.

I'm just not fine with people ignoring reality to fit their agenda.
Blockwatcher
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,174

Re: Post game: No Papa Johns 

Post#82 » by Blockwatcher » Tue Dec 5, 2017 3:44 am

Lol @ people acting like we will be winning with KP and T hard in January on the road. O yea, we have shown a great propensity to win on the road this season...
1 John 2 : 15-17
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 39,061

Post#83 » by KnicksGod » Tue Dec 5, 2017 3:45 am

Iron Mantis wrote:Image

Come, my children. Embrace the tank. Develop the youth. Organically build a contender.

Sounds good but 2 of the last 3 drafts were supposed to be stacked. The one three years ago had 1 or 2 top players. This last one has a couple good players but some busts in the making.

Russell, Okafor, Jackson, Ball, heck I don't even see Fox as that impactful even in a few years ... the list goes on & on. It's far far far from some safe place.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#84 » by GONYK » Tue Dec 5, 2017 3:45 am

Greenie wrote:
GONYK wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
GTFOH!
I'm not saying the Knicks are world beaters, but to use this 6 game stretch as the measuring stick for the season this far is pretty disingenuous

No it’s not when people are preaching system and culture being fixed.

Losing your franchise player on top of additional 18ppg scorers hurts, no matter what your system and culture are.

The fact that the Knicks aren't talented enough to overcome that still doesn't mean that the last 6 games is who this team is.

That kind analysis is better served for teams who are still sh*tty when all their talent is on the floor every night.
xNewYorkMadex
General Manager
And1: 5,758

Post#85 » by xNewYorkMadex » Tue Dec 5, 2017 3:45 am

Knicks honestly need at least 1 more blue chip prospect. 1 prospect who can be better than KP or at least a legit 2nd option next to KP.

I never envisioned Frank as an all-star, but more as a glue guy on a elite level team. A starter who is a terrific defender, able to consistently hit the 3 and be a solid playmaker. Maybe like the PG version of a Draymond.

If we get that prospect and hit a hr with the pick, it'll be much easier to contend for a title. Then we can sign solid or even elite level free agents if we are smart with our cap space.
Andrea Bargnani nYk 2013-2015
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,700

Post#86 » by RHODEY » Tue Dec 5, 2017 3:45 am

Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Re: RE: Re: Post game: No Poppa Johns 

Post#87 » by Greenie » Tue Dec 5, 2017 3:47 am

GONYK wrote:
Greenie wrote:
GONYK wrote:It's almost like there were a bunch of injuries to the best players on the team.

Same **** different day.

Two players are hurt. 2.

The roster as a whole, sucks.

It’s almost as if I’ve seen this **** before.

:lol:

True or false? Our three best players have all missed time in the last 6 games.

All of a sudden, all players are created equal and losing KP, Kanter, and Timmy doesn't mean more than losing Baker and Noah.

And? Players miss games everyday.

That doesn’t mean we should be looking like pure garbage while giving up 38 point leads to teams. Especially if our so called culture has been changed. All year that’s what I’ve been hearing. When a culture changes it hits more than 2 or 3 players. It’s organizational.
Red Vines
RealGM
And1: 8,596

Post#88 » by Red Vines » Tue Dec 5, 2017 3:47 am

The next five games are winnable if KP comes back. We should be above .500 when we play OKC. I wouldn't count on a tank anytime soon.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,950

Post#89 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Dec 5, 2017 3:47 am

GONYK wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
GONYK wrote:I'm not saying the Knicks are world beaters, but to use this 6 game stretch as the measuring stick for the season this far is pretty disingenuous

We're not this bad if we're back to full(er) strength, but Frank and Baker have had nagging injuries too. The club overall is not that healthy right now

My only takeaway is this coincides with the easier part of the schedule so even if we get back to full strength this was the time to bank wins if you're playoff-bound,

so methinks they won't make it there

so I'm on the tank wagon now

Easy to forget its a rebuild year when we're swinging from the chandeliers

I'm fine with tanking. I was never not fine with it.

I'm just not fine with people ignoring reality to fit their agenda.

That's why I mostly stay out of the convos about how awful someone played each night.

I've never found a single game to be that significant, good or bad, in regards to any player.

The bird's eye view does say now is the time to tank. That could mean longer rehabs for KP & Timmy. Maybe elbow surgery so KP is lock and loaded for next year. I'm down with all of that. And I sure Perry will do some trades.

My gut says Perry and Mills are also going to be all about the tank now that December is cratering.
ImageImageImage
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 39,061

Post#90 » by KnicksGod » Tue Dec 5, 2017 3:48 am

Look at the Wiz's repeated tanks ...

Wall is overrated, Beal is the new Jamal Crawford and Porter is probably the guy I think actually has some testicular fortitude and skill. And he was unheralded.

Bah. BAH.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#91 » by Greenie » Tue Dec 5, 2017 3:48 am

GONYK wrote:
Greenie wrote:
GONYK wrote:I'm not saying the Knicks are world beaters, but to use this 6 game stretch as the measuring stick for the season this far is pretty disingenuous

Losing your franchise player on top of additional 18ppg scorers hurts, no matter what your system and culture are.

The fact that the Knicks aren't talented enough to overcome that still doesn't mean that the last 6 games is who this team is.

That kind analysis is better served for teams who are still sh*tty when all their talent is on the floor every night.

We have been smacked plenty and humbled at full strength.

The Celtics and Cavs come to mind right away.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,950

Post#92 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Dec 5, 2017 3:49 am

Red Vines wrote:The next five games are winnable if KP comes back. We should be above .500 when we play OKC. I wouldn't count on a tank anytime soon.

......... just when my treads were starting to turn, harumph!
ImageImageImage
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 62,070

Post#93 » by F N 11 » Tue Dec 5, 2017 3:51 am

Can't tell me Burke can't help this team. This situation reminds me of when we had Shimpert running point and we played Lin and he went off. Knicks forever need a point guard. Frank will take time.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Red Vines
RealGM
And1: 8,596

Post#94 » by Red Vines » Tue Dec 5, 2017 3:51 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
Red Vines wrote:The next five games are winnable if KP comes back. We should be above .500 when we play OKC. I wouldn't count on a tank anytime soon.

......... just when my treads were starting to turn, harumph!

Grizz, Bulls, Hawks, Lakers, Nets...some sorry teams.
DrKnick
Starter
And1: 580

Post#95 » by DrKnick » Tue Dec 5, 2017 3:52 am

Well, back to the drawing board.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#96 » by GONYK » Tue Dec 5, 2017 3:55 am

Greenie wrote:
GONYK wrote:
Greenie wrote:

Same **** different day.

Two players are hurt. 2.

All of a sudden, all players are created equal and losing KP, Kanter, and Timmy doesn't mean more than losing Baker and Noah.

That doesn’t mean we should be looking like pure garbage while giving up 38 point leads to teams. Especially if our so called culture has been changed. All year that’s what I’ve been hearing. When a culture changes it hits more than 2 or 3 players. It’s organizational.

Unless culture is going to go out there and run the PnR, this yard stick you're pulling out is irrelevant. Teams come out flat all the time at full strength, let alone when they are missing 44 pts from their lineup. Everyone from the Warriors to the Bulls will have games like this.

Where was this yesterday when they were playing gritty ball? What about when they waxed Miami?

I guess the Heat have terrible culture now, since they lost on a back-to-back on the road. Same with the Thunder, Spurs, Warriors, Cavs, etc...

I'm not saying the Knicks are the Spurs culture wise, but measuring them during the stretch makes no sense
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#97 » by GONYK » Tue Dec 5, 2017 3:56 am

Greenie wrote:
GONYK wrote:
Greenie wrote:

We have been smacked plenty and humbled at full strength.

The Celtics and Cavs come to mind right away.

Oh, more talented teams? What a surprise. I seem to remember us smacking around Cleveland on the road too.

Do teams with good culture go undefeated?
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 120,208

Post#98 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Dec 5, 2017 3:58 am

Greenie wrote:
GONYK wrote:
Greenie wrote:

Same **** different day.

Two players are hurt. 2.

facts
spurs rallied back from a 15 point deficit to OKC without aldridge/kawhi/gay... ain't no culture over here :lol:
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Greenie
RealGM

Post#99 » by Greenie » Tue Dec 5, 2017 3:58 am

GONYK wrote:
Greenie wrote:
GONYK wrote:

Unless culture is going to go out there and run the PnR, this yard stick you're pulling out is irrelevant. Teams come out flat all the time at full strength, let alone when they are missing 44 pts from their lineup. Everyone from the Warriors to the Bulls will have games like this.

Where was this yesterday when they were playing gritty ball? What about when they waxed Miami?

I guess the Heat have terrible culture now, since they lost on a back-to-back on the road. Same with the Thunder, Spurs, Warriors, Cavs, etc...

I'm not saying the Knicks are the Spurs culture wise, but measuring them during the stretch makes no sense

Measuring them at all makes no sense then.

People got to measure them in the beginning of November, no? Where was all of this then?

I actually would agree with you it were to go both ways.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#100 » by GONYK » Tue Dec 5, 2017 4:00 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
Greenie wrote:
GONYK wrote:

facts
spurs rallied back from a 15 point deficit to OKC without aldridge/kawhi/gay... ain't no culture over here :lol:

Spurs also got smacked around by the Magic, the Pelicans and had a 4 game losing streak this season.

How's the culture in OKC?

Return to New York Knicks