ImageImageImageImageImage

Damyean Dotson

Moderators: moocow007, Knickstape1214, magnumt, Capn'O, King of Canada, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, Thorn, GONYK, NoLayupRule, mrpoetryNmotion, Thugger HBC

User avatar
earthmansurfer
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,175
And1: 447
Joined: Apr 13, 2006
Location: NY Born, now in Germany
       

Re: Damyean Dotson 

Post#21 » by earthmansurfer » Tue Dec 5, 2017 4:13 pm

Flaming Mo wrote:
el13adnino wrote:shumpert 2.0


Which minus the injuries could be a very valuable Player down the road... especially at a low cost...


Shumpert was an INCREDIBLE defender before he got hurt. Does anyone remember him in the playoffs before he got hurt? Him getting hurt, ended everything for us. He was so intense on defense. He totally took the pg out. After that injury, was just not the same. He had the long arms, but not the quick feet.

Remember Landry Fields? Same thing, it was an injury to his shooting elbow (I think). He played that good in college, he was a really nice player. He was playing great for us, then after that injury, he just died, was sad. I don't think he was playing above his head at all. He just suffered a weird injury.
User avatar
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
Posts: 16,080
And1: 3,351
Joined: Dec 31, 2005
Location: NYC
Contact:
       

Re: Damyean Dotson 

Post#22 » by Dr. Detfink » Tue Dec 5, 2017 4:17 pm


Meh. Lance Stephenson was going easy on him, unlike Frank Ntilikina where Lance was trying to humiliate him.
User avatar
thebuzzardman
RealGM
Posts: 17,511
And1: 10,037
Joined: Jun 24, 2006
Location: MR. FRANKTASTIC

Re: Damyean Dotson 

Post#23 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Dec 5, 2017 4:23 pm

earthmansurfer wrote:
Flaming Mo wrote:
el13adnino wrote:shumpert 2.0


Which minus the injuries could be a very valuable Player down the road... especially at a low cost...


Shumpert was an INCREDIBLE defender before he got hurt. Does anyone remember him in the playoffs before he got hurt? Him getting hurt, ended everything for us. He was so intense on defense. He totally took the pg out. After that injury, was just not the same. He had the long arms, but not the quick feet.

Remember Landry Fields? Same thing, it was an injury to his shooting elbow (I think). He played that good in college, he was a really nice player. He was playing great for us, then after that injury, he just died, was sad. I don't think he was playing above his head at all. He just suffered a weird injury.


Landry Fields crapped out because no more D'Antoni, who played a system that played to his strengths - uptempo and ball movement.
dakomish23
RealGM
Posts: 22,507
And1: 11,642
Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Location: Empire State
     

Re: Damyean Dotson 

Post#24 » by dakomish23 » Tue Dec 5, 2017 4:52 pm

Frank Melton Baker
Dotson THJ
Doncic MCD
KP
Noel WHG KOQ

Image
Dkillanyk4lyf wrote:Melo is the reason why we are in the mess we are in now. Acquiring him was the biggest mistake in knicks history.


blueNorange wrote:good thing knicks have kanter because willy looking pedestrian af
User avatar
rajajackal
Rookie
Posts: 1,142
And1: 501
Joined: Nov 04, 2013

Re: Damyean Dotson 

Post#25 » by rajajackal » Tue Dec 5, 2017 5:06 pm

dakomish23 wrote:Frank Melton Baker
Dotson THJ
Doncic MCD
KP
Noel WHG KOQ

Image


i've got eyes on noel too
Image
User avatar
xNewYorkMadex
Head Coach
Posts: 7,079
And1: 4,257
Joined: Jul 17, 2006
Location: New York
   

Re: Damyean Dotson 

Post#26 » by xNewYorkMadex » Tue Dec 5, 2017 5:12 pm

Needs to add some strength to comfortably hit the NBA 3. Doesnt seem like hes used to the nba range, but not surprising being a rookie.

Definitely need an elite playmaker who can attack the rim and kick it out to him from 3. Thats going to be the best way to use him offensively.
Steph Curry: King of Akron.
User avatar
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
Posts: 20,503
And1: 5,491
Joined: Jul 14, 2010
Location: New York City the best city in the world
     

Re: Damyean Dotson 

Post#27 » by MaseInYourFace » Tue Dec 5, 2017 5:14 pm

el13adnino wrote:shumpert 2.0


Dotson can actually shoot and hopefully he doesn't have Schumperts scissor hands when it comes to finishing.
A new era or error?
User avatar
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
Posts: 20,503
And1: 5,491
Joined: Jul 14, 2010
Location: New York City the best city in the world
     

Re: Damyean Dotson 

Post#28 » by MaseInYourFace » Tue Dec 5, 2017 5:16 pm

Is it just me or does Dotson have an old school vibe to him? Lol even his haircut and just overall demeanor.
A new era or error?
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 41,914
And1: 13,783
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Damyean Dotson 

Post#29 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Dec 5, 2017 5:30 pm

Flaming Mo wrote:
el13adnino wrote:shumpert 2.0


Which minus the injuries could be a very valuable Player down the road... especially at a low cost...


Dotson's a better shooter.
User avatar
AllanHoustonFan
RealGM
Posts: 25,378
And1: 3,961
Joined: Jun 27, 2010
     

Re: Damyean Dotson 

Post#30 » by AllanHoustonFan » Tue Dec 5, 2017 5:38 pm

He will be a nice role player in this league. I don't see the Shumpert thing though.
#TankForDoncic?
User avatar
TheBigBoss
General Manager
Posts: 9,973
And1: 3,323
Joined: Sep 02, 2002
         

Re: Damyean Dotson 

Post#31 » by TheBigBoss » Tue Dec 5, 2017 5:42 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:
el13adnino wrote:shumpert 2.0


Dotson can actually shoot and hopefully he doesn't have Schumperts scissor hands when it comes to finishing.


:lol: I need a photoshopped pic of that asap somebody
User avatar
Capn'O
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 38,241
And1: 21,138
Joined: Dec 16, 2005
Location: Let's stop and get a hot dog
 

Re: Damyean Dotson 

Post#32 » by Capn'O » Tue Dec 5, 2017 6:03 pm

Greenie wrote:Dotson is nothing like Iman. At all.

He’s more Powell like.


Shump is a bad comp for sure. His jumper is water. Probably doesn't have the overall athleticism that Shumpert did but has a high overall skill level.
Image
User avatar
earthmansurfer
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,175
And1: 447
Joined: Apr 13, 2006
Location: NY Born, now in Germany
       

Re: Damyean Dotson 

Post#33 » by earthmansurfer » Tue Dec 5, 2017 6:21 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:
Flaming Mo wrote:
Which minus the injuries could be a very valuable Player down the road... especially at a low cost...


Shumpert was an INCREDIBLE defender before he got hurt. Does anyone remember him in the playoffs before he got hurt? Him getting hurt, ended everything for us. He was so intense on defense. He totally took the pg out. After that injury, was just not the same. He had the long arms, but not the quick feet.

Remember Landry Fields? Same thing, it was an injury to his shooting elbow (I think). He played that good in college, he was a really nice player. He was playing great for us, then after that injury, he just died, was sad. I don't think he was playing above his head at all. He just suffered a weird injury.


Landry Fields crapped out because no more D'Antoni, who played a system that played to his strengths - uptempo and ball movement.


Nah, Landry Fields was a star in college, and for more than the system. He does like team ball, but he had what amounted to a career ending injury. You don't fall all a cliff with shooting so easily (and I am including college). The injury is documented, so I'm not making anything up. And Landry could have just tried a team he fit on better - guys shot was done. (Could have been psychological for sure, but the elbow thing really got him imo.) He was becoming one of those sort of special players (not needing the ball to help, playing really smart, etc.
User avatar
Greenie
RealGM
Posts: 47,619
And1: 22,305
Joined: Feb 25, 2010
Location: Killigan's Island
     

Re: Damyean Dotson 

Post#34 » by Greenie » Tue Dec 5, 2017 6:30 pm

Capn'O wrote:
Greenie wrote:Dotson is nothing like Iman. At all.

He’s more Powell like.


Shump is a bad comp for sure. His jumper is water. Probably doesn't have the overall athleticism that Shumpert did but has a high overall skill level.

They keep insulting DDot.
BAF - Pistons
F:Cauley-Stein(28)|Baynes(20)|Onuaku
F:Morris(28)|Patterson(20)|Scott
F:Thompson(32)|Swaggy(12)|Williams
G:Brogdon(30)|Richardson(20)|Vaughn
G:Hill(30)|Joseph(20)|Baldwin
Head Coach - Stan Van Gundy
User avatar
CharlesOakley
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,685
And1: 868
Joined: Jun 27, 2006

Re: Damyean Dotson 

Post#35 » by CharlesOakley » Tue Dec 5, 2017 6:30 pm

Dotson does not have the NBA ready body that Shumpert had when he was a rookie. However, every other part of his game seems superior. Dotson is the better ball handler, shooter, and finisher. Shumpert honestly doesn't belong in the league anymore so it's not incredibly high praise. I'd love to see Frank and Dotson paired with Lance, KP and Noah just for morbid curiosity.
User avatar
DrKnick
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,804
And1: 416
Joined: Aug 15, 2011

Re: Damyean Dotson 

Post#36 » by DrKnick » Tue Dec 5, 2017 6:39 pm

Like him. Though looks scrawny.
1-600-DOCTORB. B is for bargain!
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 41,914
And1: 13,783
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Damyean Dotson 

Post#37 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Dec 5, 2017 10:00 pm

I lobby for the Knickname "280z"

Image
User avatar
Clyde_Style
RealGM
Posts: 21,607
And1: 6,634
Joined: Jul 12, 2009

Re: Damyean Dotson 

Post#38 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Dec 5, 2017 10:10 pm

What are you guys talking about?

Dotson is muscular. He has a smaller waist and broad shoulders so he has a bit of a wedge type physique and is quite strong.

He is physically developed and not frail and will fill out a little bit more perhaps.
...............................................................................Image
taj2133
Veteran
Posts: 2,707
And1: 459
Joined: Jun 14, 2009

Re: Damyean Dotson 

Post#39 » by taj2133 » Wed Dec 6, 2017 4:44 am

i think he should work with allan houston with his range but his shot doen't need lot work . He just needs to be little more polished offensively i see him as nick young without the craziness .
User avatar
RHODEY
Head Coach
Posts: 6,568
And1: 1,805
Joined: May 18, 2007

Re: Damyean Dotson 

Post#40 » by RHODEY » Wed Dec 6, 2017 5:25 am

CharlesOakley wrote:Dotson does not have the NBA ready body that Shumpert had when he was a rookie. However, every other part of his game seems superior. Dotson is the better ball handler, shooter, and finisher. Shumpert honestly doesn't belong in the league anymore so it's not incredibly high praise. I'd love to see Frank and Dotson paired with Lance, KP and Noah just for morbid curiosity.


I love to see Lance left out in the middle of the Atlantic ocean paired with a very heavy anchor ...kidding ...kinda :o

Return to New York Knicks