ImageImageImageImageImage

College Basketball/Draft Thread (3)

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, Jeff Van Gully, NoLayupRule, Thugger HBC, King of Canada, j4remi, mpharris36, Thorn, Deeeez Knicks, Capn'O, GONYK, K-DOT, mrpoetryNmotion

Who's the final piece to the puzzle?

Mikal Bridges
23
35%
Troy Brown Jr
3
5%
Kevin Knox
13
20%
Hamidou Diallo
7
11%
Miles Bridges
7
11%
Collin Sexton
1
2%
Wendell Carter Jr.
2
3%
Jaren Jackson Jr.
3
5%
Robert Williams
2
3%
Isaac Bonga
4
6%
 
Total votes: 65

User avatar
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
Posts: 20,450
And1: 20,066
Joined: Jul 26, 2004
Location: Brooklyn(Medina) NYC

Re: College Basketball/Draft Thread (3) 

Post#1701 » by IllmaticHandler » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:15 pm

First Knox now Troy "2 points " Brown?? :o :o



Image
ORLANDO MAGIC

C: Money Mitch | T.Maker
PF M.Bagley | M.Chriss
SF B. Ingram | T. Brown Jr
SG K. Middleton | Marshon Brooks
PG E.Payton | M.Fultz
User avatar
Knicksfan1992
General Manager
Posts: 8,876
And1: 6,907
Joined: Jun 14, 2012
         

Re: College Basketball/Draft Thread (3) 

Post#1702 » by Knicksfan1992 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:28 pm

HEZI wrote:This quote is about a week old but it looks like Michael Porter will for sure declare for the draft this year and won't be returning back to school

"I know when I'm healthy people will see what I'm capable of, and it'll take care of itself," he said. "Even if I get drafted fifth, sixth, it's how I do in the NBA that determines my legacy. I'm still going to become the best player that I can become. That will take care of itself."


I wonder if it might be smart for the Knicks to gamble if we get like the 10th -14th pick to trade that pick with a future first (lott protected) and the bulls pick to a person who bites in the 5-7 range to take Porter. I'm not that big of a fan of him but at that pick he's good value compared to the others in that range and at some point we're going to have to swing for the fences with Kp on board.

This is similar to the Embiid situation where the Sixers were willing to wait it out for a while and draft him lower than he should have been picked because of an injury and now are reaping the rewards. I don't think Porter is on Embiid's level as a prospect but certainly after that big 4 he has the highest ceiling out of anyone in the draft IMO and if healthy I'd think he'd be fighting with Bamba and Ayton for that 3-4 range at least on my board...
OKC
G-Dame
G- Lavine
F- Covington
F- A. Gordon
C- T. Thompson

-Wesley Matthews
-Bojan Bogdanovic
-Ersan Ilyasova
-Dewayne Dedmon
-Grayson Allen
-Shelvin Mack
-Nemanja Bjelica
-Justin Jackson
-Ron Baker
-Tyler Dorsey

Exempt
-Edmond Sumner
HEZI
RealGM
Posts: 26,877
And1: 9,232
Joined: Nov 16, 2004
 

Re: College Basketball/Draft Thread (3) 

Post#1703 » by HEZI » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:41 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
HEZI wrote:This quote is about a week old but it looks like Michael Porter will for sure declare for the draft this year and won't be returning back to school

"I know when I'm healthy people will see what I'm capable of, and it'll take care of itself," he said. "Even if I get drafted fifth, sixth, it's how I do in the NBA that determines my legacy. I'm still going to become the best player that I can become. That will take care of itself."


I wonder if it might be smart for the Knicks to gamble if we get like the 10th -14th pick to trade that pick with a future first (lott protected) and the bulls pick to a person who bites in the 5-7 range to take Porter. I'm not that big of a fan of him but at that pick he's good value compared to the others in that range and at some point we're going to have to swing for the fences with Kp on board.

This is similar to the Embiid situation where the Sixers were willing to wait it out for a while and draft him lower than he should have been picked because of an injury and now are reaping the rewards. I don't think Porter is on Embiid's level as a prospect but certainly after that big 4 he has the highest ceiling out of anyone in the draft IMO and if healthy I'd think he'd be fighting with Bamba and Ayton for that 3-4 range at least on my board...


Based on what Jose7 said in regards to dealing with patients that have had this type of injury, I wouldn't touch MP Jr. with a lotto pick. I think when healthy he's a really nice prospect with a very fluid jumper and advanced footwork for a kid his age but that injury is serious and he might never be the player he once was let alone the player he could have been. This is only good news for the Knicks because with him being in the draft it increases the Knicks' chance of having someone else drop to them if they keep climbing higher on the board.
DENVER NUGGETS

PG: John Wall /Reggie Jackson/Devonte Graham
SG: Demar Derozan /Glenn Robinson III/Antonio Blakeney
SF: Stanley Johnson /Reggie Bullock/Danuel House
PF: Dwight Powell /Mo Speights/Chimezie Metu
C: Brook Lopez /B.Biyombo/Christian Wood
User avatar
BeagleBoss
Head Coach
Posts: 7,173
And1: 3,527
Joined: Nov 26, 2011

Re: College Basketball/Draft Thread (3) 

Post#1704 » by BeagleBoss » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:43 pm

Just please don't take Musa!
User avatar
3toheadmelo
RealGM
Posts: 26,701
And1: 18,671
Joined: Feb 15, 2015
 

Re: College Basketball/Draft Thread (3) 

Post#1705 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:33 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:First Knox now Troy "2 points " Brown?? :o :o



Image

troy bout to bounce back tommorow against Ayton like

Image
Cavs
PG: Dennis Smith Jr/Kris Dunn/Quinn Cook
SG: Josh Jackson/Donte Divencenzo/Tyrone Wallace
SF: Jayson Tatum/Royce O'Neale
PF: Bam Adebayo/Skal Labissiere/Caleb Swanigan
C: Deandre Ayton/Patrick Patterson/Justin Patton
HEZI
RealGM
Posts: 26,877
And1: 9,232
Joined: Nov 16, 2004
 

Re: College Basketball/Draft Thread (3) 

Post#1706 » by HEZI » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:06 pm

What would be considered a bounce back game for Troy Brown? 4 points?

Image
DENVER NUGGETS

PG: John Wall /Reggie Jackson/Devonte Graham
SG: Demar Derozan /Glenn Robinson III/Antonio Blakeney
SF: Stanley Johnson /Reggie Bullock/Danuel House
PF: Dwight Powell /Mo Speights/Chimezie Metu
C: Brook Lopez /B.Biyombo/Christian Wood
User avatar
Knickstape1214
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 47,340
And1: 26,585
Joined: Jul 16, 2009
Contact:

Re: College Basketball/Draft Thread (3) 

Post#1707 » by Knickstape1214 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:09 pm

HEZI wrote:What would be considered a bounce back game for Troy Brown? 4 points?

Image


Double output every game and it'll be 4, then 8, 16, 32, 64, 128!!! HE'LL BREAK WILT'S RECORD.

BeagleBoss wrote:Just please don't take Musa!


Not saying I necessarily disagree (Musa is ok, but I'm not keen on picking him with our lottery pick), but you also said "please don't take Frank" all of last year...so...
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 47,905
And1: 17,980
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: College Basketball/Draft Thread (3) 

Post#1708 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:17 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
HEZI wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:can't front, troy has been ass his past 2 games. i thought he was ready to turn the corner after his 20 point game but he's been more passive then ever. smh

aggressive troy = top 12 pick IMO. hard to stop him
passsive troy = he might stay another year if he keeps playing like this


2 points

Image

Image


bruh :noway: I feel bad for ya.
Image
User avatar
FatboyRealPetty
RealGM
Posts: 21,805
And1: 11,507
Joined: Jan 12, 2013
Location: Queens

Re: College Basketball/Draft Thread (3) 

Post#1709 » by FatboyRealPetty » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:17 pm

im riding with the underdogs from here on out

Knox and Jaren jackson Image
islanders11040 wrote:If Porzingis went #1 i would take Anal from Lexington Steele
User avatar
3toheadmelo
RealGM
Posts: 26,701
And1: 18,671
Joined: Feb 15, 2015
 

Re: College Basketball/Draft Thread (3) 

Post#1710 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:26 pm

HEZI wrote:What would be considered a bounce back game for Trae brick jr? 7-28 shooting?

Image

fixed 8-)
Image
Cavs
PG: Dennis Smith Jr/Kris Dunn/Quinn Cook
SG: Josh Jackson/Donte Divencenzo/Tyrone Wallace
SF: Jayson Tatum/Royce O'Neale
PF: Bam Adebayo/Skal Labissiere/Caleb Swanigan
C: Deandre Ayton/Patrick Patterson/Justin Patton
HEZI
RealGM
Posts: 26,877
And1: 9,232
Joined: Nov 16, 2004
 

Re: College Basketball/Draft Thread (3) 

Post#1711 » by HEZI » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:35 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
HEZI wrote:What would be considered a bounce back game for Trae brick jr? 7-28 shooting?

Image

fixed 8-)
Image


Image
DENVER NUGGETS

PG: John Wall /Reggie Jackson/Devonte Graham
SG: Demar Derozan /Glenn Robinson III/Antonio Blakeney
SF: Stanley Johnson /Reggie Bullock/Danuel House
PF: Dwight Powell /Mo Speights/Chimezie Metu
C: Brook Lopez /B.Biyombo/Christian Wood
User avatar
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
Posts: 20,450
And1: 20,066
Joined: Jul 26, 2004
Location: Brooklyn(Medina) NYC

Re: College Basketball/Draft Thread (3) 

Post#1712 » by IllmaticHandler » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:39 pm

I have become a Jackson Stan.... IDGAF what my man Balla say. I think he nice. He in the same boat as Bagley in terms of looking pretty good for a raw big.Obviously, he not on Bags level of good, but there is mad potential there.
ORLANDO MAGIC

C: Money Mitch | T.Maker
PF M.Bagley | M.Chriss
SF B. Ingram | T. Brown Jr
SG K. Middleton | Marshon Brooks
PG E.Payton | M.Fultz
User avatar
Mecca
RealGM
Posts: 29,667
And1: 11,261
Joined: May 26, 2008
   

Re: College Basketball/Draft Thread (3) 

Post#1713 » by Mecca » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:41 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:I have become a Jackson Stan.... IDGAF what my man Balla say. I think he nice. He in the same boat as Bagley in terms of looking pretty good for a raw big.Obviously, he not on Bags level of good, but there is mad potential there.


For sure. I said he remind me of Myles Turner from a skills perspective. The way he protect the rim and roam the paint is wild. Nobody touching Michigan in the tourney this year if you ask me. I'd be hype if we lucked into him for sure.
BAF - Brooklyn Nets
1 | Ben Simmons | Trey Burke(6th)
2 | Victor Oladipo | Wayne Ellington | Wade Baldwin
3 | Caris LeVert | Garrett Temple | Jarell Martin
4 | Trey Lyles | Derrick Jones. Jr | Ivan Rabb
5 | Joel Embiid | Moe Wagner | Salah Mejri
User avatar
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
Posts: 20,450
And1: 20,066
Joined: Jul 26, 2004
Location: Brooklyn(Medina) NYC

Re: College Basketball/Draft Thread (3) 

Post#1714 » by IllmaticHandler » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:42 am

Mecca wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:I have become a Jackson Stan.... IDGAF what my man Balla say. I think he nice. He in the same boat as Bagley in terms of looking pretty good for a raw big.Obviously, he not on Bags level of good, but there is mad potential there.


For sure. I said he remind me of Myles Turner from a skills perspective. The way he protect the rim and roam the paint is wild. Nobody touching Michigan in the tourney this year if you ask me. I'd be hype if we lucked into him for sure.


He is a better athlete and more fluid than Turner. But I thought the same thing. His potential is higher than his to me. Dude needs to work on his handle and he will be scary about how he can be all over the court on offense and defense. I love the way he can run.
ORLANDO MAGIC

C: Money Mitch | T.Maker
PF M.Bagley | M.Chriss
SF B. Ingram | T. Brown Jr
SG K. Middleton | Marshon Brooks
PG E.Payton | M.Fultz
User avatar
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
Posts: 20,450
And1: 20,066
Joined: Jul 26, 2004
Location: Brooklyn(Medina) NYC

Re: College Basketball/Draft Thread (3) 

Post#1715 » by IllmaticHandler » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:49 am

Dude can Move like a wing






Image
ORLANDO MAGIC

C: Money Mitch | T.Maker
PF M.Bagley | M.Chriss
SF B. Ingram | T. Brown Jr
SG K. Middleton | Marshon Brooks
PG E.Payton | M.Fultz
User avatar
Knickstape1214
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 47,340
And1: 26,585
Joined: Jul 16, 2009
Contact:

Re: College Basketball/Draft Thread (3) 

Post#1716 » by Knickstape1214 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:50 am

Jackson reminds me of Vonleh a bit, to be honest but more fluid and probably slightly more athletic.
User avatar
Mecca
RealGM
Posts: 29,667
And1: 11,261
Joined: May 26, 2008
   

Re: College Basketball/Draft Thread (3) 

Post#1717 » by Mecca » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:55 am

Knickstape1214 wrote:Jackson reminds me of Vonleh a bit, to be honest but more fluid and probably slightly more athletic.


I don't remember Vonleh showing the same defensive potential as Jackson but I may be wrong.
BAF - Brooklyn Nets
1 | Ben Simmons | Trey Burke(6th)
2 | Victor Oladipo | Wayne Ellington | Wade Baldwin
3 | Caris LeVert | Garrett Temple | Jarell Martin
4 | Trey Lyles | Derrick Jones. Jr | Ivan Rabb
5 | Joel Embiid | Moe Wagner | Salah Mejri
User avatar
Knickstape1214
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 47,340
And1: 26,585
Joined: Jul 16, 2009
Contact:

Re: College Basketball/Draft Thread (3) 

Post#1718 » by Knickstape1214 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:00 am

Mecca wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:Jackson reminds me of Vonleh a bit, to be honest but more fluid and probably slightly more athletic.


I don't remember Vonleh showing the same defensive potential as Jackson but I may be wrong.


He did. The issue was consistency - which would come with some major swings, but he showed the potential IMO. JJJr is more consistent for sure, though. I'd rather try trading for Vonleh, who probably won't be with the Blazers much longer, instead of using our pick on JJJr.
User avatar
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
Posts: 20,450
And1: 20,066
Joined: Jul 26, 2004
Location: Brooklyn(Medina) NYC

Re: College Basketball/Draft Thread (3) 

Post#1719 » by IllmaticHandler » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:04 am

Knickstape1214 wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:Jackson reminds me of Vonleh a bit, to be honest but more fluid and probably slightly more athletic.


I don't remember Vonleh showing the same defensive potential as Jackson but I may be wrong.


He did. The issue was consistency - which would come with some major swings, but he showed the potential IMO. JJJr is more consistent for sure, though. I'd rather try trading for Vonleh, who probably won't be with the Blazers much longer, instead of using our pick on JJJr.


If MIkal is gone Im rolling with Jackson Jr if he was there. Not really a fan of the other wings in the lotto. Vonleh was a much more skilled post player than him to me. I think JJ blows him out the water in mobility and potential honestly. His Motor is not too far from Bags
ORLANDO MAGIC

C: Money Mitch | T.Maker
PF M.Bagley | M.Chriss
SF B. Ingram | T. Brown Jr
SG K. Middleton | Marshon Brooks
PG E.Payton | M.Fultz
User avatar
BeagleBoss
Head Coach
Posts: 7,173
And1: 3,527
Joined: Nov 26, 2011

Re: RE: Re: College Basketball/Draft Thread (3) 

Post#1720 » by BeagleBoss » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:18 am

Knickstape1214 wrote:
HEZI wrote:What would be considered a bounce back game for Troy Brown? 4 points?

Image


Double output every game and it'll be 4, then 8, 16, 32, 64, 128!!! HE'LL BREAK WILT'S RECORD.

BeagleBoss wrote:Just please don't take Musa!


Not saying I necessarily disagree (Musa is ok, but I'm not keen on picking him with our lottery pick), but you also said "please don't take Frank" all of last year...so...

Ntilikina hasn't exactly proven me wrong. Maybe he will. I hope he will.

I wanted Mitchell.

Return to New York Knicks