ImageImageImageImageImage

ALL-STAR VOTING 2017 - KP edition

Moderators: moocow007, Knickstape1214, Capn'O, magnumt, Deeeez Knicks, GONYK, NoLayupRule, mrpoetryNmotion, Thugger HBC, j4remi, King of Canada, Thorn

User avatar
knicksh20b
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,829
And1: 1,899
Joined: Jul 29, 2007
   

Re: ALL-STAR VOTING 2017 - KP edition 

Post#41 » by knicksh20b » Wed Jan 3, 2018 9:24 am

I don't vote for any non-Knicks.

Also, they're not going to publicize the draft. Boring.
NYKAL
Head Coach
Posts: 7,088
And1: 1,341
Joined: Nov 10, 2004
Location: LAND O NOD

Re: ALL-STAR VOTING 2017 - KP edition 

Post#42 » by NYKAL » Wed Jan 3, 2018 8:43 pm

knicksh20b wrote:I don't vote for any non-Knicks.

Also, they're not going to publicize the draft. Boring.


I feel you on that. I've never voted for a non-knick
User avatar
IAmTheBest
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,746
And1: 1,682
Joined: Oct 26, 2014
     

Re: ALL-STAR VOTING 2017 - KP edition 

Post#43 » by IAmTheBest » Thu Jan 4, 2018 12:47 pm

i only vote for knicks too. i only vote for ex-knicks for the west coast.

also giving baker some votes

dont care what anyone says. contesting every shot is a homage to 90s knicks. RESPEK to anyone who brings that attitude to the knicks instead of the diva **** you see in today's nba
User avatar
Phish Tank
RealGM
Posts: 12,464
And1: 5,503
Joined: Nov 09, 2004
Location: Your Timepiece
   

Re: ALL-STAR VOTING 2017 - KP edition 

Post#44 » by Phish Tank » Thu Jan 4, 2018 11:57 pm

Read on Twitter
CMFGB/SMFPB

BAF- Houston Rockets:
PG: Fox (34)/Rose (30)/Galloway (5)/Hilliard
SG: Wes Matthews (28)/Waiters (10)/Kilpatrick
SF: Ill Will (29) /Snell (20) /DJJr
PF: Randle (30) /Ivan Rabb (4)
C: Vucevic (28)/Willy (22)/Tavares

Exempt: Thomas Bryant
User avatar
xNewYorkMadex
Head Coach
Posts: 7,285
And1: 4,398
Joined: Jul 17, 2006
Location: New York
   

Re: ALL-STAR VOTING 2017 - KP edition 

Post#45 » by xNewYorkMadex » Fri Jan 5, 2018 12:13 am

East

Kyrie
DeRozan
LeBron
Giannis
Drummond

Oladipo
Beal
KP
Horford
Embiid
Love
Simmons

Feels wrong leaving John Wall out. Kyrie, DeRozan, Beal and Oladipo have all had better seasons at the guard spots. So that left him to battle it out for the 2 wildcard spots, and I chose Love and Simmons. Plus hes missed 11 games so far, so that doesnt help. Things may change by next month though, but as of now those are my East all-stars.

West

Steph
Harden
KD
AD
Cousins

Westbrook
CP3
Jokic
LMA
Towns
Lillard
Butler

Wanted to find a spot for Draymond. Maybe replace him over Towns? Idk. I just didnt think it was right to put in 3 Warriors while other players were also having fine seasons on other teams. Kawhi shouldnt get in since he missed too much time due to injury. It'll be interesting if Paul George can sneak his way in, it'll be tough though.

But yea those are my all-star rosters so far.
Steph Curry: King of Akron.
User avatar
EchelonNYK
RealGM
Posts: 19,353
And1: 5,282
Joined: Jul 14, 2004
Location: Canarsie (Reppin' 90's)
         

Re: ALL-STAR VOTING 2017 - KP edition 

Post#46 » by EchelonNYK » Fri Jan 5, 2018 12:38 am

Read on Twitter


I like Kanter. But why is he in his feelings over NBA All-Star votes? Get the Knicks back on track, and stop worrying about a glorified pick up game
Image
User avatar
Phish Tank
RealGM
Posts: 12,464
And1: 5,503
Joined: Nov 09, 2004
Location: Your Timepiece
   

Re: ALL-STAR VOTING 2017 - KP edition 

Post#47 » by Phish Tank » Fri Jan 5, 2018 12:43 am

EchelonNYK wrote:
Read on Twitter


I like Kanter. But why is he in his feelings over NBA All-Star votes? Get the Knicks back on track, and stop worrying about a glorified pick up game


i think he's just trying to troll
CMFGB/SMFPB

BAF- Houston Rockets:
PG: Fox (34)/Rose (30)/Galloway (5)/Hilliard
SG: Wes Matthews (28)/Waiters (10)/Kilpatrick
SF: Ill Will (29) /Snell (20) /DJJr
PF: Randle (30) /Ivan Rabb (4)
C: Vucevic (28)/Willy (22)/Tavares

Exempt: Thomas Bryant
User avatar
Fat Kat
RealGM
Posts: 20,964
And1: 8,603
Joined: Apr 19, 2004
     

Re: ALL-STAR VOTING 2017 - KP edition 

Post#48 » by Fat Kat » Fri Jan 5, 2018 1:27 am

EchelonNYK wrote:
Read on Twitter


I like Kanter. But why is he in his feelings over NBA All-Star votes? Get the Knicks back on track, and stop worrying about a glorified pick up game


It's just a twitter post man. Are you neglecting your job posting on Realgm? Relax :D
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
User avatar
EchelonNYK
RealGM
Posts: 19,353
And1: 5,282
Joined: Jul 14, 2004
Location: Canarsie (Reppin' 90's)
         

Re: ALL-STAR VOTING 2017 - KP edition 

Post#49 » by EchelonNYK » Fri Jan 5, 2018 1:37 am

Phish Tank wrote:
EchelonNYK wrote:
Read on Twitter


I like Kanter. But why is he in his feelings over NBA All-Star votes? Get the Knicks back on track, and stop worrying about a glorified pick up game


i think he's just trying to troll


I don't care. Focus on the Knicks current state and not votes.
Image
User avatar
knicksh20b
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,829
And1: 1,899
Joined: Jul 29, 2007
   

Re: ALL-STAR VOTING 2017 - KP edition 

Post#50 » by knicksh20b » Fri Jan 5, 2018 6:20 am

Zzz nothing like that first ballot to let you know how weak the East is
PeoplesChamp
Rookie
Posts: 1,004
And1: 629
Joined: Feb 22, 2016

Re: ALL-STAR VOTING 2017 - KP edition 

Post#51 » by PeoplesChamp » Fri Jan 5, 2018 2:18 pm

EchelonNYK wrote:
Read on Twitter


I like Kanter. But why is he in his feelings over NBA All-Star votes? Get the Knicks back on track, and stop worrying about a glorified pick up game


If he believes he should be ahead of anyone ahead of him on that list, he’s delusional.
drekwins
Starter
Posts: 2,329
And1: 800
Joined: Jun 05, 2008
     

Re: ALL-STAR VOTING 2017 - KP edition 

Post#52 » by drekwins » Sun Jan 7, 2018 10:06 pm

xNewYorkMadex wrote:East

Kyrie
DeRozan
LeBron
Giannis
Drummond

Oladipo
Beal
KP
Horford
Embiid
Love
Simmons

Feels wrong leaving John Wall out. Kyrie, DeRozan, Beal and Oladipo have all had better seasons at the guard spots. So that left him to battle it out for the 2 wildcard spots, and I chose Love and Simmons. Plus hes missed 11 games so far, so that doesnt help. Things may change by next month though, but as of now those are my East all-stars.

West

Steph
Harden
KD
AD
Cousins

Westbrook
CP3
Jokic
LMA
Towns
Lillard
Butler

Wanted to find a spot for Draymond. Maybe replace him over Towns? Idk. I just didnt think it was right to put in 3 Warriors while other players were also having fine seasons on other teams. Kawhi shouldnt get in since he missed too much time due to injury. It'll be interesting if Paul George can sneak his way in, it'll be tough though.

But yea those are my all-star rosters so far.


If this doesn't show you how un-important bigs are nowadays, idk what does. New Orleans has the PF and C in a stacked conference. Wings and Guards are so much more valuable. They should just make the All-Star Game require 1 forward/center to start.
User avatar
MartinsLusis
Senior
Posts: 548
And1: 485
Joined: Oct 11, 2015
Location: Riga, Latvia
Contact:
 

Re: ALL-STAR VOTING 2017 - KP edition 

Post#53 » by MartinsLusis » Mon Jan 8, 2018 3:11 pm

PeoplesChamp wrote:
EchelonNYK wrote:
Read on Twitter


I like Kanter. But why is he in his feelings over NBA All-Star votes? Get the Knicks back on track, and stop worrying about a glorified pick up game


If he believes he should be ahead of anyone ahead of him on that list, he’s delusional.


Maybe he meant it in a different way - that many people didn't think that he's a starter and now he's in the Top 10 in the All Star voting?

At least that's exactly how I reacted when I first saw the post.
User avatar
King of Canada
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 11,999
And1: 7,016
Joined: Nov 03, 2005
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
   

Re: ALL-STAR VOTING 2017 - KP edition 

Post#54 » by King of Canada » Mon Jan 8, 2018 4:56 pm

MartinsLusis wrote:
PeoplesChamp wrote:
EchelonNYK wrote:
Read on Twitter


I like Kanter. But why is he in his feelings over NBA All-Star votes? Get the Knicks back on track, and stop worrying about a glorified pick up game


If he believes he should be ahead of anyone ahead of him on that list, he’s delusional.


Maybe he meant it in a different way - that many people didn't think that he's a starter and now he's in the Top 10 in the All Star voting?

At least that's exactly how I reacted when I first saw the post.


Anything going on in the Latvian media to get KP voted in?
BAF Pacers
F. Mason/J. Lucas
J. Murray/Vujacic/D. Brooks
J. Green/C. Osman/Babbit
L. MarkkanenJ. Hill
K. Porzingis/Giles/random Plumlee

IR B. Knight, A. Pasecniks

Exempt F. Jackson
April madness
Senior
Posts: 516
And1: 356
Joined: Jan 12, 2017
 

Re: ALL-STAR VOTING 2017 - KP edition 

Post#55 » by April madness » Mon Jan 8, 2018 5:15 pm

King of Canada wrote:
MartinsLusis wrote:
PeoplesChamp wrote:
If he believes he should be ahead of anyone ahead of him on that list, he’s delusional.


Maybe he meant it in a different way - that many people didn't think that he's a starter and now he's in the Top 10 in the All Star voting?

At least that's exactly how I reacted when I first saw the post.


Anything going on in the Latvian media to get KP voted in?


Kristaps Porzingis is trending pretty high on Latvian twitter during the last few days. I think the fact that Knicks official twitter account tweeted in Latvian was noticed here a lot. But mostly all the advertising is going on social media. I've seen mostly on twitter and facebook.
User avatar
MartinsLusis
Senior
Posts: 548
And1: 485
Joined: Oct 11, 2015
Location: Riga, Latvia
Contact:
 

Re: ALL-STAR VOTING 2017 - KP edition 

Post#56 » by MartinsLusis » Tue Jan 9, 2018 7:50 am

King of Canada wrote:
MartinsLusis wrote:
PeoplesChamp wrote:
If he believes he should be ahead of anyone ahead of him on that list, he’s delusional.


Maybe he meant it in a different way - that many people didn't think that he's a starter and now he's in the Top 10 in the All Star voting?

At least that's exactly how I reacted when I first saw the post.


Anything going on in the Latvian media to get KP voted in?


Not much. Last year I think there was a bigger activity because different celebrities asked to vote for him on twitter etc. Haven't seen much of that this year to be honest. Some media has written an article etc. but certainly the activity is somewhat lesser this season. It should be the other way around after KP played for the national team though.
User avatar
ChaosHamster
Veteran
Posts: 2,918
And1: 2,026
Joined: Oct 07, 2015

Re: ALL-STAR VOTING 2017 - KP edition 

Post#57 » by ChaosHamster » Tue Jan 9, 2018 7:53 am

KP as every year isn't helping himself.

If he would've started the season in a slump, and than had that amazing 30 point game stretch now, he would be easy in the top 3.

But people are just let down seeing how he looks now, after that hot start.
User avatar
King of Canada
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 11,999
And1: 7,016
Joined: Nov 03, 2005
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
   

Re: ALL-STAR VOTING 2017 - KP edition 

Post#58 » by King of Canada » Tue Jan 9, 2018 3:49 pm

KP needs to get his instagram girlies asking for retweets
BAF Pacers
F. Mason/J. Lucas
J. Murray/Vujacic/D. Brooks
J. Green/C. Osman/Babbit
L. MarkkanenJ. Hill
K. Porzingis/Giles/random Plumlee

IR B. Knight, A. Pasecniks

Exempt F. Jackson
User avatar
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
Posts: 16,217
And1: 3,412
Joined: Dec 31, 2005
Location: NYC
Contact:
       

Re: ALL-STAR VOTING 2017 - KP edition 

Post#59 » by Dr. Detfink » Tue Jan 9, 2018 6:02 pm

KP could be leading the league in scoring, rebounding, assists, and blocks...and fickle Knick fans WILL find a problem with his game. That's how it's going to go until the Knicks can field a winning team. That's the key, TEAM.

Despite a shaky knee, elbow which will require surgery, and untimely injuries to Tim Hardaway Jr, Melo trade for a bag of balls...KP has improved his scoring, blocks, 3Pt %, Free Throw % and at times, carried the Knicks to 3 games below .500 which is GREAT compared to last season when the Knicks had MORE talent but far LESS chemistry.

That's an All-Star...debatable if he's a starter but even off the bench no less an All-Star.
User avatar
King of Canada
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 11,999
And1: 7,016
Joined: Nov 03, 2005
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
   

Re: ALL-STAR VOTING 2017 - KP edition 

Post#60 » by King of Canada » Tue Jan 9, 2018 7:55 pm

King of Canada wrote:KP needs to get his instagram girlies asking for retweets


Did I call that or what?

Read on Twitter
BAF Pacers
F. Mason/J. Lucas
J. Murray/Vujacic/D. Brooks
J. Green/C. Osman/Babbit
L. MarkkanenJ. Hill
K. Porzingis/Giles/random Plumlee

IR B. Knight, A. Pasecniks

Exempt F. Jackson

Return to New York Knicks