ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA - Week 10 - Post Christmas, Pre New Years Hangover

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, FrontOfficeEye, GONYK, NoLayupRule, Deeeez Knicks, Thugger HBC, Capn'O, K-DOT, j4remi, Thorn, Jeff Van Gully, King of Canada, mrpoetryNmotion, mpharris36

fatalogic
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,639
And1: 1,122
Joined: Apr 26, 2017
 

Re: Around the NBA - Week 10 - Post Christmas, Pre New Years Hangover 

Post#341 » by fatalogic » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:35 am

I was initially intrigued by name recognition but he would probably be a worse fit for this team than KOQ. He is still young and could improve but at this point he would basically be like trading for a younger but worse Lance Thomas.

Johnson, who missed five games recently with a hip injury, is averaging 7.3 points (35 percent shooting) and 3.7 rebounds in 27.5 minutes per game this season. Scouts view the 6-foot-7 Johnson as a promising defender who hasn’t shown as much potential on offense.


http://www.espn.com/blog/nba/post/_/id/32565/pistons-talking-with-teams-about-a-potential-stanley-johnson-trade
User avatar
Red Vines
RealGM
Posts: 33,140
And1: 8,067
Joined: Jun 26, 2005
Location: On Charlie V's toilet.
     

Re: Around the NBA - Week 10 - Post Christmas, Pre New Years Hangover 

Post#342 » by Red Vines » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:42 am

Maybe the Cavs crisis will lead them to deal for guys who "play hard" like Lance or KOQ...
User avatar
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
Posts: 20,998
And1: 11,204
Joined: May 19, 2015
Location: Where The Wild Things Are
         

Re: Around the NBA - Week 10 - Post Christmas, Pre New Years Hangover 

Post#343 » by El Poochio » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:10 am

King of New York lol at thou
New Orleans Pelicans

B: Træ Young | Jeremy Lin
B: CJ McCollum | Norman Powell
B: Devin Booker | Melvin Frazier
B: Mikal Bridges | Svi Mykhailiuk
B: Kyle Kuzma | Omari Spellman | Ajdin Penava

HC: Chris 'Jay Wright' Finch

Trust The Hurricane
User avatar
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
Posts: 20,998
And1: 11,204
Joined: May 19, 2015
Location: Where The Wild Things Are
         

Re: Around the NBA - Week 10 - Post Christmas, Pre New Years Hangover 

Post#344 » by El Poochio » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:12 am

Disgusting Cavs with the back to back 50 point losses to Wolves Raps Fizdale will replace Lue but they will likely stay Super Disgusting
New Orleans Pelicans

B: Træ Young | Jeremy Lin
B: CJ McCollum | Norman Powell
B: Devin Booker | Melvin Frazier
B: Mikal Bridges | Svi Mykhailiuk
B: Kyle Kuzma | Omari Spellman | Ajdin Penava

HC: Chris 'Jay Wright' Finch

Trust The Hurricane
User avatar
ChaosHamster
Analyst
Posts: 3,719
And1: 2,550
Joined: Oct 07, 2015
   

Re: Around the NBA - Week 10 - Post Christmas, Pre New Years Hangover 

Post#345 » by ChaosHamster » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:15 am

Lou is gonna score 40+ tonight they way he shoots.

1min played, already two threes. And one was so off balance, he was falling out of bounds.
User avatar
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
Posts: 20,998
And1: 11,204
Joined: May 19, 2015
Location: Where The Wild Things Are
         

Re: Around the NBA - Week 10 - Post Christmas, Pre New Years Hangover 

Post#346 » by El Poochio » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:23 am

ChaosHamster wrote:Lou is gonna score 40+ tonight they way he shoots.

1min played, already two threes. And one was so off balance, he was falling out of bounds.


Better MVP candidate than LeBron imo
New Orleans Pelicans

B: Træ Young | Jeremy Lin
B: CJ McCollum | Norman Powell
B: Devin Booker | Melvin Frazier
B: Mikal Bridges | Svi Mykhailiuk
B: Kyle Kuzma | Omari Spellman | Ajdin Penava

HC: Chris 'Jay Wright' Finch

Trust The Hurricane
digitaldropoff
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,718
And1: 411
Joined: Sep 06, 2007

Re: Around the NBA - Week 10 - Post Christmas, Pre New Years Hangover 

Post#347 » by digitaldropoff » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:41 am

El Poochio wrote:
ChaosHamster wrote:Lou is gonna score 40+ tonight they way he shoots.

1min played, already two threes. And one was so off balance, he was falling out of bounds.


Better MVP candidate than LeBron imo


Sarcasm or have you been binging on something?
User avatar
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
Posts: 20,998
And1: 11,204
Joined: May 19, 2015
Location: Where The Wild Things Are
         

Re: Around the NBA - Week 10 - Post Christmas, Pre New Years Hangover 

Post#348 » by El Poochio » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:22 am

digitaldropoff wrote:
El Poochio wrote:
ChaosHamster wrote:Lou is gonna score 40+ tonight they way he shoots.

1min played, already two threes. And one was so off balance, he was falling out of bounds.


Better MVP candidate than LeBron imo


Sarcasm or have you been binging on something?


The sour one with 10 point games watching his team get shafted while the more sweet one drops 50 in Oracle, next case!
New Orleans Pelicans

B: Træ Young | Jeremy Lin
B: CJ McCollum | Norman Powell
B: Devin Booker | Melvin Frazier
B: Mikal Bridges | Svi Mykhailiuk
B: Kyle Kuzma | Omari Spellman | Ajdin Penava

HC: Chris 'Jay Wright' Finch

Trust The Hurricane
User avatar
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
Posts: 20,998
And1: 11,204
Joined: May 19, 2015
Location: Where The Wild Things Are
         

Re: Around the NBA - Week 10 - Post Christmas, Pre New Years Hangover 

Post#349 » by El Poochio » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:28 am

Cavs may think this is RealGM BAT but too many old players will only get you to Deluded Land in the Era of Pace n Space

Only thing Cavs competing for this year is being rock bottom defense with Sacramento Kings, the ultimate break up signal
New Orleans Pelicans

B: Træ Young | Jeremy Lin
B: CJ McCollum | Norman Powell
B: Devin Booker | Melvin Frazier
B: Mikal Bridges | Svi Mykhailiuk
B: Kyle Kuzma | Omari Spellman | Ajdin Penava

HC: Chris 'Jay Wright' Finch

Trust The Hurricane
User avatar
Mecca
RealGM
Posts: 28,740
And1: 10,387
Joined: May 26, 2008
Location: Knicks @ 9 - Mikal, SGA, Knox
     

Re: Around the NBA - Week 10 - Post Christmas, Pre New Years Hangover 

Post#350 » by Mecca » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:44 am

El Poochio wrote:Cavs may think this is RealGM BAT but too many old players will only get you to Deluded Land in the Era of Pace n Space

Only thing Cavs competing for this year is being rock bottom defense with Sacramento Kings, the ultimate break up signal


:lol: :lol: :lol:
BAF - Brooklyn Nets
1 | Ben Simmons | Tyus Jones | Jawun Evans
2 | Victor Oladipo | Wayne Ellington | Malachi
3 | Kyle Korver | Caris LeVert(6th) | Dame Dotson
4 | Trey Lyles | Moe Wagner | Troy Williams
5 | Joel Embiid | JaVale McGee
User avatar
Knicksfan1992
General Manager
Posts: 8,441
And1: 6,455
Joined: Jun 14, 2012
         

Re: Around the NBA - Week 10 - Post Christmas, Pre New Years Hangover 

Post#351 » by Knicksfan1992 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:28 pm

DaGawd wrote:Oquinn for Johnson sounds like a trade that could get done


They better throw in a pick. I like Stanley as a prospect but he's been pretty bad since he got in the league. Kyle O is legitimately a good NBA player
Build A Franchise - OKC
G-Dame
G-Zach Lavine
F- Covington
F- Aaron Gordon
C- Tristan Thompson

-Ersan Ilyasova
-Justin Jackson
-Ron Baker
-Grayson Allen
-Tyler Dorsey
-Nemanja Bjelica
-Jeff Withey


Exempt
-Edmond Sumner
dakomish23
RealGM
Posts: 26,417
And1: 14,422
Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Location: Empire State
     

Re: Around the NBA - Week 10 - Post Christmas, Pre New Years Hangover 

Post#352 » by dakomish23 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:06 pm

WOW

Read on Twitter
Dkillanyk4lyf wrote:Melo is the reason why we are in the mess we are in now. Acquiring him was the biggest mistake in knicks history.


blueNorange wrote:good thing knicks have kanter because willy looking pedestrian af
User avatar
FrontOfficeEye
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 46,855
And1: 25,636
Joined: Jul 16, 2009
Contact:

Re: Around the NBA - Week 10 - Post Christmas, Pre New Years Hangover 

Post#353 » by FrontOfficeEye » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:29 pm

dakomish23 wrote:WOW

Read on Twitter


I read something a few weeks back that said Pop basically gave LMA free reign to do what he wants on offense. Iso, live in mid-range, etc but when the other guys were running the offense, he should try to do the same also - basically what the tweet said, to stop overcoaching him on offense. Pop gave him the freedom on offense IF he consented to playing defense within the scheme and playing defense well / hard.


Imagine if we had Pop.
Luka Doncic Scouting Report+DraftExpress Style Video. Collaborating with Frankie Vision from now on!

More profiles such as for Marvin Bagley, Zhaire Smith, and Lonnie Walker are available at my site!

Follow me on twitter @frontofficeeye !
dakomish23
RealGM
Posts: 26,417
And1: 14,422
Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Location: Empire State
     

Re: Around the NBA - Week 10 - Post Christmas, Pre New Years Hangover 

Post#354 » by dakomish23 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:33 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:WOW

Read on Twitter


I read something a few weeks back that said Pop basically gave LMA free reign to do what he wants on offense. Iso, live in mid-range, etc but when the other guys were running the offense, he should try to do the same also - basically what the tweet said, to stop overcoaching him on offense. Pop gave him the freedom on offense IF he consented to playing defense within the scheme and playing defense well / hard.


Imagine if we had Pop.


Coaches who aren’t anywhere near the Mount Rushmore level would of told the GM to trade him. This guy, who’s in the GOAT convo with PJax, said maybe I should change.

Unreal leadership.

I’d give him everything - title, gigantic salary, final say all decisions - if he ever was ok with leaving SAS. He probably wouldn’t put up with Dolan or the media though.
Dkillanyk4lyf wrote:Melo is the reason why we are in the mess we are in now. Acquiring him was the biggest mistake in knicks history.


blueNorange wrote:good thing knicks have kanter because willy looking pedestrian af
User avatar
FrontOfficeEye
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 46,855
And1: 25,636
Joined: Jul 16, 2009
Contact:

Re: Around the NBA - Week 10 - Post Christmas, Pre New Years Hangover 

Post#355 » by FrontOfficeEye » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:52 pm

I actually have Pop ahead of Phil in terms of coaching and felt this way long before Phil came to the Knicks.
Luka Doncic Scouting Report+DraftExpress Style Video. Collaborating with Frankie Vision from now on!

More profiles such as for Marvin Bagley, Zhaire Smith, and Lonnie Walker are available at my site!

Follow me on twitter @frontofficeeye !
User avatar
Red Vines
RealGM
Posts: 33,140
And1: 8,067
Joined: Jun 26, 2005
Location: On Charlie V's toilet.
     

Re: Around the NBA - Week 10 - Post Christmas, Pre New Years Hangover 

Post#356 » by Red Vines » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:00 am

Some cold ****.

LaVar Ball was recently critical of Los Angeles Lakers head coach Luke Walton and the Lakers’ front office did not voice their support for Walton following the comments by Ball.

Now, agents and executives around the league believe Walton’s days in LA could be numbered.

According to ESPN reporter Brian Windhorst, the Lakers do not fully support Walton and NBA executives and agents suspect former Memphis Grizzlies coach David Fizdale could be Walton’s replacement.


http://amicohoops.net/nba-rumors-los-angeles-lakers-david-fizdale-luke-walton/
User avatar
NYKnicksFTW
Pro Prospect
Posts: 895
And1: 582
Joined: Jul 17, 2016
     

Re: Around the NBA - Week 10 - Post Christmas, Pre New Years Hangover 

Post#357 » by NYKnicksFTW » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:15 am

Bwahahahahaha


Michael Scotto‏Verified account
@MikeAScotto

Sources: The Los Angeles Clippers proposed a blockbuster deal to the Minnesota Timberwolves involving forward Blake Griffin and center Karl-Anthony Towns. Full story coming on @BBallInsiders.
fatalogic
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,639
And1: 1,122
Joined: Apr 26, 2017
 

Re: Around the NBA - Week 10 - Post Christmas, Pre New Years Hangover 

Post#358 » by fatalogic » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:19 am

Red Vines wrote:Some cold ****.

LaVar Ball was recently critical of Los Angeles Lakers head coach Luke Walton and the Lakers’ front office did not voice their support for Walton following the comments by Ball.

Now, agents and executives around the league believe Walton’s days in LA could be numbered.

According to ESPN reporter Brian Windhorst, the Lakers do not fully support Walton and NBA executives and agents suspect former Memphis Grizzlies coach David Fizdale could be Walton’s replacement.


http://amicohoops.net/nba-rumors-los-angeles-lakers-david-fizdale-luke-walton/

I doubt the front office would do it but I'd at least give Luke an interview if he was fired.
Thugger HBC
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 44,965
And1: 12,411
Joined: Jan 14, 2011
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?
       

Re: Around the NBA - Week 10 - Post Christmas, Pre New Years Hangover 

Post#359 » by Thugger HBC » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:26 am

The Lakers know that LeBron and Wade like Fitz from their Miami days. When the Grizzlies fired him, they ran to his defense really quick.
If winning matters, the role shouldn't.....the results should.

The ...02% of the fanbse be like...http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1542565&start=140#start_here
User avatar
TheGreenArrow
Veteran
Posts: 2,822
And1: 1,922
Joined: Sep 13, 2017

Re: Around the NBA - Week 10 - Post Christmas, Pre New Years Hangover 

Post#360 » by TheGreenArrow » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:03 am

NYKnicksFTW wrote:Bwahahahahaha


Michael Scotto‏Verified account
@MikeAScotto

Sources: The Los Angeles Clippers proposed a blockbuster deal to the Minnesota Timberwolves involving forward Blake Griffin and center Karl-Anthony Towns. Full story coming on @BBallInsiders.


Would you trade kp for blake???

Return to New York Knicks